PDA

View Full Version : This no trimming thing really WORKS!! :)

backtolonghair
November 21st, 2008, 01:35 PM
Seriously, It's amazing to me... I haven't trimmed at all since the beginning of September, and I have gone from chin length hair to shoulder length in a matter of 3 months! I LOVE IT!

I just noticed today how long it was getting. I didn't realize it!

Anybody else have this experience? Blessings

chrissy-b
November 21st, 2008, 01:40 PM
I haven't trimmed my hair since January and while its not as long as I was hoping for, I shudder to think of how short it would still be if I had been trimming like I used to. I've gone from jaw length to just shy of APL since the last time I cut.

morguebabe
November 21st, 2008, 01:46 PM
My boyfriend dosen't trim his hair, and he went from a shaved head with a number one blade, to about what BS length would be on him in less than 2 years.

Heidi_234
November 21st, 2008, 02:16 PM
I said to myself in July (I think) that I won't return to the hairdresser again, and my hair have been this long since it's been hip in 6th grade and I foolishly cut it to shoulder. I just hit waist recently after hanging around BSL forever. :D

Shadow Walker
November 21st, 2008, 02:27 PM
I haven't trimmed in a few years myself, last time I did I was just past chin length (if I recall). It's been tempting to get a trim, but holding out has been more than worth it.

Mugili
November 21st, 2008, 02:33 PM
I recently start my no-trimming-time and i love your postings! Very motivating!

Amara
November 21st, 2008, 02:33 PM
I haven't been trimming, and I think when I do my Dec measurement I'll have reached my "hip" measurement! A new milestone for me...!!!!! Onward with the not trimming!

LaurelSpring
November 21st, 2008, 02:37 PM
YEAH for no trimming! :cheese:

I am finally just past BSL. If I got any trims this would not have been possible.

Toadstool
November 21st, 2008, 02:54 PM
It's working for me too! So blindingly obvious, and yet so new!

jojo
November 21st, 2008, 06:01 PM
I am on this route from now until 2010 and hoping for some serious growth myself, well done on quick growing hair!

jel
November 22nd, 2008, 03:07 AM
Oh, yeah! No trimming rocks!!! :rockerdud

ETA: I haven't trimmed my hair since I joined LHC and started growing my hair from a shoulder length layered cut. The ends of my V-shaped hemline have now passed hip... :D

Aditi
November 22nd, 2008, 03:19 AM
I can't avoid trimming because i can't look at my split-ends. So i do trimming whenever i get to notice lots of split-end in my ends. But i would really like to try out this no-trimming thing.

jel
November 22nd, 2008, 03:32 AM
I can't avoid trimming because i can't look at my split-ends. So i do trimming whenever i get to notice lots of split-end in my ends. But i would really like to try out this no-trimming thing.

Why don't you try to cut just the individual split ends? Many of us here do that, and call it Search and Destroy (S&D). That way you get rid of splits, but don't lose the length.

backtolonghair
November 22nd, 2008, 08:25 PM
I recently start my no-trimming-time and i love your postings! Very motivating!

Thank you! That's very kind of you to say! :)

And thanks everyone for sharing. This is really cool to hear about!

lorig713
November 23rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
I don't remember the last time I trimmed. Never really had a problem with split ends. My hair just keeps growing and growing. My hair is the only thing about that is low maintenance. :grin:

Neon Gloss
November 24th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I haven't had a trim since January. That is, if you don't count my cutting off some split ends every couple of months. It really is great!

kwhitchurch
November 24th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Not trimming can really help increase length faster, but I found I could only do this if I stopped using my flat iron completely! Otherwise my ends fry, split, and break and it looks worse if it isn't trimmed! Bye bye straightener!

elrowiel
November 24th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I stopped trimming end of August but I don't see so much growth.
But to be honest, I didn't take pictures nor measured to compare. :o

But good to see that it works for others. :)

embee
November 24th, 2008, 12:39 PM
For *years* I was stuck at BSL, and I trimmed every couple of months.. Thought BSL was terminal for me.. I got my divorce and it was not possible to pay for trims any longer. Whee! Hair now at Classic. :)

BetterInBlue
November 24th, 2008, 04:47 PM
That's part of the reason I decided to grow out my hair. My hair grows fairly quickly, and I was tired of going for monthly trims to keep up my short style. I think I'll still have to trim every few months for split ends because I color my hair and use heated tools a few times a week. I'm going back to self-trims (I made up my own trimming method which works pretty well for minimal trims). I don't see how anyone can get any growth from getting their hair trimmed as often as salons recommend, esp. since they take off at least a 1/4 inch and often goad me into getting more cut off. I've gone almost two months with no trims, and still lookin good. :cheese:

Euphony
November 24th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I love that so many people can have such great results with no trimming. I can't, I wish I could - I'd be so happy! I have a theory though, My hair grows slightly slower than average, just slightly - I get about 5.5" a year, and I keep 5" a year since I get 1/4" trimmed every 6 months. I figure people that have good results with no trimming must have faster growing hair than the norm, that's how they can get such great lengths without the hair breaking and stalling the growth. I could be totally wrong here too.

I went for 2 years once without a trim, I started that two years at bsl, I ended that 2 years at bsl. My BIL had his hair to bsl when I first met him almost 5 years ago, his hair is a tad longer than apl now - he hasn't had a trim in about 8 years. I think his and my hair probably grows slower than average. I'm really curious if people that have good success with no trimming have hair that grows faster than average.

<off to ponder>

Arctic_Mama
November 25th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Another no-trim or low-trim advocate here! I have color and heat damage on the ends so some trimming once or twice per year helps keep it from getting as tangled, but in general it's not needed as my hair isn't splitting or close to splitting. S&D does more than enough for me most of the time and I love the growth. I want to get to a length that is easier to updo (my really super thick hair makes my updos delayed by about six inches from what someone with thinner hair can achieve) before I start doing some serious cutting.

Unofficial_Rose
November 25th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Right, that's it! No trimming next year for me. Was already considering this anyway, and now you've all convinced me to try it. :D

Thankyou to everyone for the inspiration :toast::flower: