PDA

View Full Version : Classic LHC Recipes

jamisonlcloud
March 8th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Can we put all excellent and popular LHC recipes here?

Patrycja
March 8th, 2008, 11:07 AM
a request for the SMT.My mind has completly gone out the window :(

eta-nevermind...opps.I just now spotted the SMT thread.See?I need to get my mind back from outside haha

mira-chan
March 8th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Flax seed gel

2 tbsp Flax seeds
2 cups of water

Boil till the liquid looks viscous. Strain. Put in container. Add a couple of drops of EO (I use ylang ylang). Let it cool. Use within a week or add a preservative.

tiny_teesha
March 9th, 2008, 04:08 AM
mirachan, what does the flax seed gel do? is it like hair gel?

Liluri
March 9th, 2008, 06:56 AM
HALO RINSE

1 tablespoon Honey
1 tablespoon Aloe vera gel
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon Oil (optional)
1/2 teaspoon vinegar
8 cups distilled water

Combine all ingredients; shake or stir, some people heat up to mix better. Store in refrigerator.
Pour a cupful (about 6 oz) of HALO Rinse for each use. Wash and condition hair as usual; squeeze out excess water. Dip length of hair in cup of HALO Rinse to soak. Pour remaining HALO rinse over hair.

Don't Rinse out

Recipe will yield about 6 uses.

Stephanie
March 9th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Please post the recipes as new threads. It'll be far easier to find them. :) Go ahead and use the "rate this thread" feature - it'll help us group all of the really good ones together. :)

mira-chan
March 9th, 2008, 08:42 PM
mirachan, what does the flax seed gel do? is it like hair gel?

It is like regular gel. It has more hold then aloe gel but doesn't go crunchy or dry my hair out like regular gel.

Melisande
March 14th, 2008, 06:37 AM
From my memory:

Fox' Sheabutter balsam for soft ends:

1 part sheabutter, 1 part fave conditioner and 1/2 part jojoba oil - mix and whip (some prefer to melt the sheabutter, I prefer to whip it at room temperature)

Jessie's essential oil treatment for stronger hair, reduced shedding and a happy scalp;

jojoba oil or another carrier oil
essential oils:
lavender, rosemary, geranium, bay, laurel, cedarwood, sage, clary sage, thyme, juniper
optional: sandalwood and patchouly

mix, put in bottle with a dropper.

Put some drops on target spots on your scalp and massage well. Jessie used to put her head upside down if I remember well, I don't. I use it every night before a wash and oftentimes in between. My scalp has become much more relaxed and healthy, my new growth is fabulous, thinning spots have begun to fill in.

I use this for half a year now and I'll never stop using it!

(There are similiar recipes, Moonchaser's Sweet success and Chrome dome, I never tried those and so can't compare. I'm perfectly happy with Jessie's recipe and hope she corrects me if I wrote something wrong!)

tiny_teesha
March 20th, 2008, 01:16 AM
cool thanks!

Zenity
May 9th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Kimberlily's defrizz spray I got a PM requesting that I repost this on the new board, so here goes!

In a 4oz mister, mix the following:

2 tbsp aloe gel
1 tsp jojoba
1 tsp glycerin (you can leave it out if you don't have any)
essential oils of choice

Add distilled water until full, then shake. Spray can be used as a detangler, and it encourages wonderful waves especially when used for damp bunning. Tap water can be used, but distilled water is better since it will keep longer. I have hard water, so I never use tap water.

I don't just use it on my hair. Here are some other uses:

* If you omit the essential oils, it is a wonderful eye makeup remover. Just spritz on a cotton pad and swipe away your makeup.
* Keep it in the fridge in the summer for a refreshing moisturizing spritz after coming in from the sun.
* Spritz on your legs and use it for shaving if you're in a rush and have no time to shower.