PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about headaches....

Alana2000
November 21st, 2008, 07:31 AM
To all long hairs out there... does your long hair ever give you a headache... if so how do you avoid them?

Also why does my scalp get sore if I go too long between washings? I just don't get it! Once I wash it, its back to normal again. So weird.

Curlsgirl
November 21st, 2008, 07:38 AM
I only get hair headaches from a wrongly positioned updo.

As for my scalp getting sore, scritching in between shampoos really helps.

Alana2000
November 21st, 2008, 07:44 AM
What is scritching?

Curlsgirl
November 21st, 2008, 07:52 AM
What is scritching?

Well you can use any comb I guess really but I like to use my Heavenly Harvest horn comb. You just take it and sort of scratch your scalp all over to loosen the sebum which is probably responsible at least partly for the scalp soreness, at least for me.

joyfulmom4
November 21st, 2008, 08:36 AM
I never get a headache with my hair down, but I often get headaches when I wear it up. I have to get the bun positioned just right and make sure my hairtoys are not pressing against my scalp anywhere or tugging on parts of the hair too much. It's frustrating b/c it's a frequent occurance. But these "hair headaches" are very different from other types of headaches. With a hair headache, the headache resolves almost immediately when you fix the hairdo. Other headaches are more lasting. Oddly the hair headaches hurt all over, just like a typical headache. I would've thought they would only hurt at the spot the pressure was on.

mira-chan
November 21st, 2008, 08:55 AM
I don't get headaches from my hair, up or down. I do get "hair aches" where the hair hurts if put in a different direction. Those usually occur due to colder air temperatures so a massage or warming up the scalp with a hat helps a lot.

Aisha25
November 21st, 2008, 09:30 AM
I don't get headaches from my hair, up or down. I do get "hair aches" where the hair hurts if put in a different direction. Those usually occur due to colder air temperatures so a massage or warming up the scalp with a hat helps a lot.
I kind of get the same thing where my hair it hurt cause the hair was laying in a wrong way. The only time my head hurt from hairs is when it is in a bun with a scruchii. My hair is pretty happy with braid and self holding updo;)

Periwinkle
November 21st, 2008, 09:43 AM
I've never heard of anyone else getting this, but I get dreadful headaches from leaving my hair down. I never wear it down, so maybe I'm just not used to it?

I also get headaches from tight tight updos, but I just loosen them a bit: it'll stay just as well if it's not so tight.

Philomela
November 21st, 2008, 09:55 AM
My scalp gets sore whenever I wear updos that are too tight and whenever I stretch out washes (in which case I also get abnormal shedding which cannot be accounted for as hair that would have fallen out anyway).

Islandgrrl
November 21st, 2008, 10:13 AM
I only get hair headaches from a badly positioned updo. Once I reposition things, it's all better.