PDA

View Full Version : broken hair vs cut hair

glitterati
March 23rd, 2008, 04:54 PM
It's pretty easy to tell a broken hair from new growth - you just look for the tapered tip. But is there a way to tell broken hair from a cut hair? Both would have blunt tips right? I'm growing out a haircut, and I just want to make sure that what I believe to be the haircut growing out isn't broken hairs...

:)

manderly
March 23rd, 2008, 05:03 PM
Well, for me, my broken hairs are usually coiled, like they've been stretched out and then snapped, causing them to curl up on itself.

salamander
March 23rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
My broken hairs tend to have frayed ends rather than flat ones. If the very tip looks white, it's broken.

spidermom
March 23rd, 2008, 05:53 PM
Well, for me, my broken hairs are usually coiled, like they've been stretched out and then snapped, causing them to curl up on itself.

AH-HA! I kind of thought that was it. I get those.

Meli
March 23rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
My broken hairs are not as blunt as the cut ones. Like salamander said, they usually have frayed ends and/or white tips/dots. Broken hairs (at least mine) is also a lot more split-prone than cut hairs, and will usually split rather quickly after the breaking.

MeMyselfandI
March 23rd, 2008, 06:15 PM
My broken hairs tend to have frayed ends rather than flat ones. If the very tip looks white, it's broken.

I agree,

My broken hairs look like white spots, next to the rest of my hair. Think of q-tip ends on a stick. The broken hairs have a white bulb on them.

Cut looks like normal hair colour.

Also, I find broken hairs around me.

Curlsgirl
March 23rd, 2008, 06:57 PM
I can't believe people have noticed all of this on their hair! I probably have all kinds of different ends but have never paid attention. Maybe this is a gift LOL!

tiny_teesha
March 25th, 2008, 02:31 AM
what salamander said!