PDA

View Full Version : Hair Gift Advice, Please?

loves2spin
March 23rd, 2008, 04:19 PM
I have a lovely daughter-in-law who has a mass of glorious long red hair. Her bithday will be soon, and I would like to spend maybe $25 - $30 on a gift(s) for her, and I am thinking about putting together a sort of gift basket with hair related items. The only thing I have thought of so far is a "Poo" bar. I need some ideas, please!

MeMyselfandI
March 23rd, 2008, 04:38 PM
What a lovey thought and moral support for her hair.

I find hair products to be a personal thing like perfumes and make up. I would suggest you ask your son what products she likes and needs. Is she due for a new brush? Does she like hair toys. Are there any toys she make like or has been hinting towards?

Do you know what her hair likes? What about giving her different things with a few recipie cards. Example: honey, extra virgin unrefined coconut oil, jojoba oil, shea butter. Some conditioners for her to make her own SMT with etc.

What E.O.s may she like.

Does she like to seek and destroy split ends. What about a sissor just for her hair if she does not have one.

A wooden detangling comb from the body shop.

akurah
March 23rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
I say forgo the products and tools. Does she like hair clips?

A ficcare would make a wonderful gift if she does.

loves2spin
March 23rd, 2008, 04:40 PM
Those are all very good ideas, and yes, I will ask my son if he knows anything. :-)

Shermie Girl
March 23rd, 2008, 04:55 PM

That's what I was thinking. :) Find out her favourite colour and if she prefers silver or gold, then get a Ficcare that fits. :D

loves2spin
March 23rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Where is the best place to get a Ficcare?

Chromis
March 23rd, 2008, 05:02 PM
You can find most of the plain colours at Nordstroms, otherwise you can order them directly through their website. Nordy's here normally have gold, silver, tortie, pearl, and black at least, sometimes they have others.

Catladyintown
March 23rd, 2008, 05:06 PM

I also agree on a Ficcare since she is a red head maybe green. Green will show very nicely in her hair. Your a very nice mother inlaw.:)

loves2spin
March 23rd, 2008, 05:15 PM
I also agree on a Ficcare since she is a red head maybe green. Green will show very nicely in her hair. Your a very nice mother inlaw.:)

Thank you! :-) I try to be.

xrosiex
March 23rd, 2008, 05:30 PM
I gift I'd like would be........ A microfiber towel and a satin pillowcase.;)

loves2spin
March 23rd, 2008, 05:31 PM
Oh, YES. Those are good ideas too. I have a microfiber towl and I LOVE it. I didn't think of that!