PDA

View Full Version : long haired Sons? brothers? cousins ?etc?

theAnimeway
March 23rd, 2008, 03:27 PM
hiya its been awhile

so the question is how many long haired males are in your family? (friends included)
and whats there

color?
lenght?
how long they have been growing?
hairtype? and so on

feel free to post pics:)

for me I am the only one right now

Brown

15-16 months

almost below my shoulders

not sure of the hairtype but i have waves and curls at the ends

spidermom
March 23rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
My son has long hair, which is dark blond, slightly wavy and about APL. He's 28 years old. He had it this long when he was 17 or 18, then cut it for a job and kept it short for 6-7 years.

florenonite
March 23rd, 2008, 03:35 PM
My uncle had APL-ish wavy dark brown hair about five years ago, and my dad had hair like mine when he was my age ^_^. Other than that, no long-haired males, though.

truepeacenik
March 23rd, 2008, 03:38 PM
son, 16, 5-8 or 5-9, just past bsl area.
Brown , slight wave, quite thick.
metalhead, but never was that big on getting cuts to begin with. Never seemed to care.
For him, the big deal was his bangs/ fringe growing out.

kate46
March 23rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
I have very fine/thin hair so has my dh and eldest son, they both started balding at 19 but my youngest son (26) has mid-back thick dreadlocks :confused: he has grown his dreadlocks twice now, the first time his gf's mother shaved them off when he got headlice from a toddler :D both times it took him around 4yrs to get to mid-back.

nowxisxforever
March 23rd, 2008, 05:55 PM
DBF is a longhair, though he doesn't obsess over it as we do. He just kind of leaves it alone- though he does brush it meanly, which seems to be why it's thin.

His is BSL-waistlength, medium dark brown, and thin. It's soft though. He washes it with Neutrogena T-gel extra strength and brushes it with a paddle brush from the scalp to the ends.

xrosiex
March 23rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
My DH at 6' tall had fingertip fine, blonde hair when I met him. And it was very healthy. He says negelect is the way to grow. Just wash,brush and put in a ponytail. Now He has cut it due to his job. I was kinda sad to see it go. He donated a 14" braid to locks of love.

Guenever
March 23rd, 2008, 06:15 PM
I've had several long-haired male friends.. I guess that the role playing/geeky environment results in longhaired guys :grin:

E.g. One blonde 1a/M/ii guy with just below shoulder-length - often kept in a pony
Another with light brown 1c/F/i almost shoulder
The third had dark brown 2a/2b/M/iii "BSL"-length - looked great!
My ex had a period with his 3a/3b/M/C/iii curls reaching chin - they were all over the place! :D loved it..

The blonde guy cut right after graduating last year as a part of a bet, the other 2 about a year ago as well because their girlfriends wanted them too.. and I guess that they were a bit tired of it themselves.. and my ex now has a mili cut.. boooooring :P

sapphire-o
March 23rd, 2008, 06:30 PM
My DH is growing his hair out. I don't know anybody else (male) with long hair. His hair is about 24" long, dark blonde and 2b. He's been growing for two years. It's extremely frizzy but that's due to his having lots tiny curly baby hairs (about 3c) mixed in with his mostly wavy hair. It can never be neat, but we're getting used to it.

Catladyintown
March 23rd, 2008, 06:33 PM
Hi TheAnimeway my son is 16 he mainly does WO. This pictures is an old one last summer. Now he is nearly waist length.:cheese:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/Catladyintown/Copy1ofPicture2.jpg
He plans on keeping his long hair.:)

Buddaphlyy
March 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
M brother is 20 and has black coily hair that's a little past shoulder length when stretched. He treats his hair like crap yet it still grows like crazy.

florenonite
March 24th, 2008, 04:01 AM
I've had several long-haired male friends.. I guess that the role playing/geeky environment results in longhaired guys :grin:

E.g. One blonde 1a/M/ii guy with just below shoulder-length - often kept in a pony
Another with light brown 1c/F/i almost shoulder
The third had dark brown 2a/2b/M/iii "BSL"-length - looked great!
My ex had a period with his 3a/3b/M/C/iii curls reaching chin - they were all over the place! :D loved it..

The blonde guy cut right after graduating last year as a part of a bet, the other 2 about a year ago as well because their girlfriends wanted them too.. and I guess that they were a bit tired of it themselves.. and my ex now has a mili cut.. boooooring :P

I've got several guy friends who have/had long hair. Two who had waist-length (now SL-APL), one with BSLish curly hair, and two who used to have shoulder-length hair before I met them, but now they've cut it. Of them, four are from the same town and were friends at school, and I once asked them if long hair was popular where they come from, and their response was 'no, it's just us'.

rhosyn_du
March 24th, 2008, 04:23 AM
My brother's hair is currently waist length. He generally grows it to not-quite-tailbone, which he's convinced is terminal and I'm convinced is just where it breaks off because he abuses the heck out of it, gets irritated with it after about six months and then cuts it back to his waist. I think he's been growing it about eight years. The top layers are golden blond and 2a/2b, and the under layer is very dark blond and 3c. He keeps the curly bits shaved short.

Nat242
March 24th, 2008, 05:31 AM
No long haired relations here (very few men in my family, actually) but my Dad did have long, curly hair as a young man, and my partner has dark, 1b fine APL hair. I finally have him using conditioner, his hair is beautiful and shiny.

-- Natalie

Gylfi
March 24th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I've the longest hair of all of the men in my family, but my family's got a few acquaintances with men who sport longer hair to make up for the general absence. However, all of the men in my family have had long hair at one point, as is the standard!

HeavenlyTresses
March 24th, 2008, 06:27 AM
My stepson, now 18 grew his hair out to mid-back, had a bit of purple in his dark brown, almost black hair. It's medium, ii, and just a few waves at the ends. He cut it last year for his girlfriend but has been growing it back out. DH was in the military and for him hair should be of the collar, off the ears but he sucked it up and let the boy grow his out as long as it was clean. I seem to have always had someone in my life with long hair, whether it's a family member or a friend.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m56/joeylocks/joshlonghair-1.jpg

Unofficial_Rose
March 24th, 2008, 09:50 AM
My son has light brown hair somewhere between shoulder and APL. He's been growing it since we let him (about a year). He is 13 next month and I do insist he uses conditioner. :D

Katze
March 24th, 2008, 10:13 AM
My BF is a longhair, and it's slowly growing longer than mine - it's already thicker.

He is around APL, iii thick, F, 2b-2c wavy, dark golden blonde with platinum streaks, and basically has my dream hair.

He's a teacher (science and math) and a former metalhead, and also has a (short, like stubble) beard. Sometimes people (teenage students or his dad) make stupid comments, but BF has enough presence that he mostly gets left alone. :D

Recently he's been letting me Frenchbraid it to keep it out of his face, and even let me dress him up for a dinner we went to AND braid his hair - a tall man in a suit with a tidy braid looks GOOD.

This braid on BF was my very first French braid on someone else, and it came out really well:
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9090/maltefrenchbraidgh2.th.jpg

Lady Godiva
March 24th, 2008, 10:24 AM
My husband has had long hair longer than I've had long hair (20 years), and we have several long haired male friends. My church has a few long haired men in the congregation. The males in my family have boring short hair, though.

rchorr
March 24th, 2008, 11:10 AM
My brother's hair is mid-back (if he were a girl, I'd say just below BSL). He's got bright red, curly, copper wire hair. I just gave him my black leather hairglove, and I have to say, it looks GREAT in his hair!

RCHORR'

happylynngilmer
March 24th, 2008, 12:55 PM
We have several friends with long hair (and by that I mean past shoulder). Dh is a gamer, and as someone else stated, I think it comes with the territory in many cases.

He is the only family member, in both my side and his. His hair at the longest (a few layers) is 28". Here's a pic: (his beard is not usually this long though. This is several weeks not trimming LOL)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i17/happylynngilmer/03-15-08_2136.jpg

birdiefu
March 24th, 2008, 01:21 PM
My son had BSL (waist when stretched) 2c/F/ii hair before it was cut on his 3rd b-day. I wanted to let it keep growing, but DH had been on me for at least a year about it, so I finally gave in for sanity's sake. I'm hoping DS wants to grow it out again later on.

DH used to have a mullet back in the day, but since he's military now he has to keep it short. Though he's mentioned a few times he might grow it out when he gets out, which would be fabulous in my book! He has 3a/M/iii hair from what I've seen of past pictures.

All the other guys in my family are very bald (brother started going bald at 19), so keep whats left short. Another reason I hope my son wants long hair at some point before it falls out.

theAnimeway
March 24th, 2008, 05:47 PM
son, 16, 5-8 or 5-9, just past bsl area.
Brown , slight wave, quite thick.
metalhead, but never was that big on getting cuts to begin with. Never seemed to care.
For him, the big deal was his bangs/ fringe growing out. thats sounds intresting got any pics?

Anje
March 24th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Both of my brothers have been rather passively growing their hair for a while now, though Mum tries to get them scheduled for cuts when they come home from college. I think she's slowly giving in, though.
One has nearly black curly hair, probably 3b to 3c, thicker than mine (ii/iii?), and roughly medium thickness. The other is also curly, but more in the 3a-3b range. His might not be quite as thick, and is fine. He's described his hair as "almond" colored in the past -- golden brown, I'd say.

They've inspired my hubby to grow his curly hair out. I'd call his hair 3a/F/ii, and the back is getting to the bottom of his collar. He's been growing since last June, when it was 1/2" long on the sides.