PDA

View Full Version : Having a bit of a laugh on a hair misadventure

SASSyWitch
October 21st, 2024, 01:43 AM
I just remembered many years ago I was binging on camping/rv living set ups on YT. At one point I was watching videos on hygiene, particularly hair. I saw the usual: using a clean pumping weed killer container, bucket and cup, battery powered shower head in a pail, full on shower set up etc. I came across one about how one lady used a large squirt bottle; she had hair to the top of her shoulders (SL?). I thought that was cool; imagine the amount of water you save if you can pull it off! And surely it would work with my--at the time--pixie cut.

So I actually went out and bought a spray bottle the same size as hers (I don't recall now what that was).

...to JUST wet my hair (barely) I had to refill it...

THREE. TIMES.

I gave up counting how many times I filled it up to rinse before completely abandoning it and turning on the faucet. Poor me was so confused haha.

This was well before I knew anything about low porosity.

Alicia Jennings
October 21st, 2024, 06:40 AM
Oh, this totally reminds me of a time I tried something similar when I was experimenting with "no-poo" (using no shampoo) hair care. I had read about using a mixture of baking soda and apple cider vinegar to wash and condition your hair, so I went all in, thinking I was about to transform my hair routine. I even bought those cute little travel bottles to mix my DIY concoctions.

Well, I mixed it up and started the process, but my hair just didn’t want to cooperate. I had waist-length hair at the time, and it took forever to rinse out the baking soda! Not to mention the vinegar smell that lingered way longer than expected. I kept thinking, "This is supposed to be easier, right?" In the end, I gave up and ran to my trusty conditioner, totally abandoning my experiment.

Sometimes these DIY ideas sound amazing, but they just don’t suit everyone’s hair type or length. Live and learn, right? ��