PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all

Tutelage
October 11th, 2024, 12:33 AM
I want to go out my already long hair too extremely long I want it to be classic length and I’m not sure if that’s possible. I have my longest layer at my tailbone now also I am getting older and I feel like there’s a lot of pressure to have short hair as you get older.

Toni Rodriquez

Lady Winchester
October 11th, 2024, 01:58 AM
Don't buy into the "must have short hair after 40" nonsense. I just turned 52 at the end of July and my hair's still long and it's staying long no matter how old I get! Every time I chop it off to shoulder length, I always end up regretting it, so never again! Try losing your hair to chemo and having to grow it out again (took three years to get back to my former length, which was mid back range, which it's approaching now, since I won't go any shorter than APL or any longer than WL, since if I'm sitting on it, it's too long, or at least it is for me). My great grandmother had long hair until the day she died and she lived to 97 (my grandmother nearly made it, but died a month and five days before her 97th birthday).

Für immer
October 11th, 2024, 06:49 PM
I remember when I was little (younger than 10), the grandmother of a friend of mine had white/silverly hair.
That it stood out to me was that she had around WL, which wasn't something you usually saw with the older generation. Inspiring, for sure.
So, there is no rule that once you hit a certain age you need to conform to the fashion trends and notions.

Don't give in to peer pressure, keep your hair long or short from the wishes that is yours and yours alone. :)

SandyBottom
October 11th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Nice to meet you! I don't know how old you are and "getting older" means different things to different people, but there are plenty of members in their 50s, 60s, and I'm guessing older. We're all "getting older" ;). I joined here in my mid 50s with MTL hair and it's past my knees now. I love it!! Do what feels right for you and never mind the pressure to have anything other than that.

baanoo
October 12th, 2024, 10:41 AM
Welcome, Tutelage! I agree with what’s already been said - no reason to not keep growing if it makes your heart happy. We are indeed all getting older every day. :)

Fiorentina
October 13th, 2024, 11:48 AM
Welcome :)