PDA

View Full Version : One of my attempts at a french braid :)

backtolonghair
November 19th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Here's an attempt of mine at a French braid. It was done at an airport on the way to a flight, but that's ok. :)

I need to figure out how to do more updos.. Time to go the articles section. :)

Thanks for all of your encouragement!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/mellibelly/frenchbraid1.jpg

LutraLutra
November 19th, 2008, 11:53 AM
You must be proud of your little braid - that's great.

Aisha25
November 19th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I never knew someone can on such short hairs. Did they keep coming out or they stay pretty good?

spidermom
November 19th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't have thought you could do a french braid at your length (I couldn't at that length). Good start.

Gumball
November 19th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Off to a great start, backtolonghair! It just gets better from here! :flower:

MandaMom2Three
November 19th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Hey, that looks really cute!!

Sherri
November 19th, 2008, 12:07 PM
That so reminds me of when i first learn to french braid. My hair was the same length as yours. i wish I could post pic of it, but i don't have a scanner. It is one of my first updo pic and I don't have it on my computer.:( Yours looks great and keep practicing it gets easier the more you do it.

Ryanne
November 19th, 2008, 12:44 PM
It looks very cute!

Curlsgirl
November 19th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I think it looks very cute at short lengths. When I used to want to dress it up a bit I would tuck the little tail under and pin it in the back. That was very secure and elegant looking and also kept the ends protected.

Fencai
November 19th, 2008, 12:58 PM
great job!!! I always found that at that length, I learned to do a dutch braid very quickly because it held the shorter length hairs better.

great job!!!!!

Alana2000
November 19th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Looks like a braid I did last night... we have the same length.

jojo
November 19th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I did these too when my hair was shorter, looks good

Jessikinz
November 19th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Just goes to show that with short hair, you can still do all kinds of stuff as long hairs can :)
Good start! Keep practicing.
When my hair was your length, my mom french braided it and looked really good. At that time I couldn't even do a standard braid, let alone a french braid. Now I know, and I'm very happy I kept practicing.

Elphie
November 19th, 2008, 05:40 PM
That looks so cute! French braids still give me a bit of trouble. If you look in my album, you can see my first attempt at it.

DecafJane
November 19th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Very cute - well done! :)

Speckla
November 19th, 2008, 06:58 PM
very cute and oh la la (french, get it?) :)
________
320 (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_320)

Lizbot
November 19th, 2008, 07:08 PM
That is definitely cute, and I think it qualifies more as an accomplishment than an attempt. Keep it up! :D

sahiba
November 21st, 2008, 03:48 AM
Good job for the beginner.:thumbsup:

Aditi
November 21st, 2008, 03:51 AM
That's one cute french braid :)

joyfulmom4
November 21st, 2008, 08:46 AM
You're off to a good start! French braids are tricky to learn, but once you get the hang of it, it's much easier.

As for length, to be honest, I found it much easier to french braid my hair when it was between shoulder and APL than longer. When I french braid now, it's much harder to separate out the segments to add to the main braid and to keep the segments free of frizz and tangles.

As you practice this style, try adding smaller sections of hair to the existing braid. It will help to pull the hair up more and keep the french braid tighter, so ends can't escape as easily.

This will be a great updo for you! Try tucking the end of the braid under and pinning it. This looks very elegant and you can't tell how long your hair is. :)

Shannon4J
November 21st, 2008, 04:50 PM
It looks good!! You did a good job. :)

paper
November 22nd, 2008, 08:58 AM
That is really cute! :crush:

I want to learn to do that!

backtolonghair
November 22nd, 2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your kind comments! You are all so sweet! :)
Blessings