PDA

View Full Version : Modern day torture/scalper device.. scary picture.. see sig.

Alana2000
November 19th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Do not ever use a brush like this... if someone gives you one for Christmas, discard it, it's a killer! The only comfort I get from this brush is knowing that I did not purchase it myself... it was a gift from my mother in law, maybe shes trying to tell me something... note the ripped out hairs.. man it hurt!

Alana2000
November 19th, 2008, 09:44 AM
here is it is...

DarkChocolate
November 19th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I cannot see the picture, however I am curious:)

Alana2000
November 19th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Here it is again...

MandaMom2Three
November 19th, 2008, 09:50 AM
yes, any round brush is BAD NEWS for me!!! shudder:

lora410
November 19th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Oh, I hate round brushes, they always get tangle way up in my hair. This is why I use combs and only combs (well,besides my BBB)

Alana2000
November 19th, 2008, 09:58 AM
It not so much the tangling that's the killer, the poor design of this brush, is that the brushing surface area is so small it feels like its cutting into the scalp, it is very painful, my girls hate this brush and we all call it "the scalper" the brush of last resort, if all others can not be found kind of things.. I am really thinking of just pitching it.

heidi w.
November 19th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Do yourself a favor and put it in the recycle bin. It's plastic, right?! Maybe it'll get recycled then and some good will come of it!

I see a lot of people use this style of bristle on brushes AND do use round brushes, besides (round is for a styling reason, not a detangling reason).

I recall a wonderful long hair meeting where a brush was taken up, and we were all pretending to run around pel-mel from the Brush Monster. In a parking lot, no less. Late at night too. Oh the good times. LOL (There's an idea: a new video game! LOL. I'm soooo weird!) I guess ya had t'be there. Complete lunacy.:p

heidi w.

Anje
November 19th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Pitch it! Pitch it!

There's no reason to keep a nasty scalp-eating brush around. Semi-decent plastic brushes and combs are not that expensive and available everywhere!

~GypsyCurls~
November 19th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Ooooh owwie! As a child, my mom would BRUSH my past-butt-length curls out! She had no idea how to properly take care of "black" or curly hair, so she always brushed it out and it always hurt something awful. I remember her using that kind of brush...my scalp almost hurts just looking at it!

*shudders*

Ryanne
November 19th, 2008, 10:55 AM
My mother used to brush my hair with that kind of brush too, the pain!

vidgrl007
November 19th, 2008, 11:04 AM
OUCH,OUCH,OUCH,I can feel it ripping my hair.

I had to get rid of all my round torcher devices.After I did my hair doesn't get caught in the brush anymore.I use a conair flat brush and it has the rubber tips on it.

Euphony
November 19th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Ouch!

That's the type of brush I used to use pre-LHC. And that's also why I had false terminal at bsl.

ETA: Oh sorry, I didn't realize it was round, for some reason it doesn't look round to me :D - so mine was similar, but not round.

Aisha25
November 19th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Ouchy I have not seen one of those since I was little the horror brush:bigeyes: they dont comb through the tangle they rip it out of the scalpshudder:

StephanieB
November 19th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I entered this thread, wondering why someone would torch their own hair..... other than Wacko Jacko, that is.

Those kind of brushes can be used without torture on some types of hair. (not curly hair, however)

And round brush work with a blow fryer need not tangle your hair; you just have to know how to do it right.

Not that I personally ever managed the hang of using a round brush very well.....

LutraLutra
November 19th, 2008, 12:01 PM
That's one evil looking brush :demon: I bet it's got really rough plastic seams too. Ouch!

Alia
November 19th, 2008, 12:03 PM
The brush of last resort--:misskim:

Shypii90
November 19th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Those brushes are murderers!!
If I DARE use one I'd have so much breakage and frizz it may make me scream.

However I use a round BBB and just because it's round doesn't matter, it's fine! Actually passes through my hair quite smoothly. When I haven't washed it for a week.

Crinita
November 19th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Yow! Those are the kinds of brushes I have to keep my step-daughters from using. They wonder why it hurts so bad! :laugh: I have a round BBB that I use for styling, a half round seamless that I use for styling the girls' hair (theirs isn't nearly as long as mine and I can reach the backs of their heads so less likely to tangle) and everything else is either comb or paddle brush. This one would appear to be a great candidate for the recycle bin. I know at least two of the girls' have ended up there!

Pax,
Crinita

P.S. My stylist is a strong proponent of round brushes for styling. She uses a round BBB on everything. I warned her that my hair eats round brushes but she didn't heed my words... I'm the only person she uses a paddle brush on now! LOL! :D

embee
November 19th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Ouch! I can't use round brushes nor can I use brushes with the little nubs on the bristles. My hair just wraps around a round brush and knots around those little nubs - and then it's Yank It All Out time. Ugh.

Maybe you can use this brush on the dog? Or the longhair cat?

Alana2000
November 19th, 2008, 01:07 PM
That would be Cruelty to animals.

Schmoomunitions
November 19th, 2008, 05:41 PM
My cats would LOVE that brush!!!

Bubbleguppy
November 19th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I had a brush like this once. When I was younger and did not know any better. Needless to say they are quite the antithesis to awesome.

Alia
November 19th, 2008, 06:58 PM
My cats would love a brush like this, too. They'd throw themselves down, hug the brush, and kick to beejezus out of it. Kick. Kick. Kick-kick-kick!:kitten:

Speckla
November 19th, 2008, 07:24 PM
running away yelling and screaming!! nooooooooooooooooooo! :run:
________
Ktm 660 rally (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/KTM_660_Rally)

Vitalai
November 19th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Eep! My mum used to use that type of brush on me when I was younger! :scared:

gdimoonbeam
November 19th, 2008, 11:06 PM
All of the brushes I had like that kept mysteriously disappearing. :magic:

Katze
November 20th, 2008, 03:07 AM
my mom still uses brushes like this and gets obsessive about them - then claims her hair would never grow long (!)

She left one when she last visited and I tried it, carefully -YUK!

Sarahmoon
November 20th, 2008, 05:09 AM
I hate pin brushes. I never figured out how to use a round brush properly. This thing is a combination of both AAAGH RUN!
It's bright green with blue/white spikes heheh it reminds me of poisonous caterpillars.