PDA

View Full Version : hair grows faster on one side???

kwhitchurch
November 19th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Ok I just went in to get my hair colored darker again and the stylist commented that my left side was noticeably longer than the other, and I know that it was cut evenly because both sides measured exactly to my collar bone when it was trimmed, now one side is just barely below the collar bone and the other side is at least 1/2" below! anyone else have one part of their hair grow faster than another? Maybe because I sleep on my right side???

arylkin
November 19th, 2008, 08:51 AM
I've suspected that the right side of my hair grows faster than the left.

gallows_gallery
November 19th, 2008, 08:54 AM
My underneath (lower back of my head) grows substantially faster than the rest of my head - probably a centimetre difference in regrowth. Perhaps to do with blood supply?

rymorg2
November 19th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Ok I just went in to get my hair colored darker again and the stylist commented that my left side was noticeably longer than the other, and I know that it was cut evenly because both sides measured exactly to my collar bone when it was trimmed, now one side is just barely below the collar bone and the other side is at least 1/2" below! anyone else have one part of their hair grow faster than another? Maybe because I sleep on my right side???

I'm a stylist....that's a very normal, very typical thing. My right side behind my ear grows SO fast.....

kwhitchurch
November 19th, 2008, 09:47 AM
ok, good to know I am not alone...now if only the other side would catch up! (I heard about some people growing faster in different seasons so I am hoping maybe winter is my season!)

RocketDog
November 19th, 2008, 10:13 AM
it's the hair at my crown that grows the fastest - noticeably faster than the rest of my head. Made for an awkward mullet-looking 'do when I was growing out from a shaved head!

Heidi_234
November 19th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Can't sleeping on the side cause thinner hair/worse growth rate?
I noticed the hair on my sides is so so very thin, and I think it is due to the fact that I sleep on my belly and rest my head on either side. Could there be other reason for that?

lora410
November 19th, 2008, 12:03 PM
My right side grows faster and then my left side goes warp speed to keep up :lol: also the back grows much much faster then the top, but thats fine with me..lol

Shypii90
November 19th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I believe that happens to everyone.

The back left part of my hair is much longer than the back right part, so at different angles the hair looks longer on one side than the other. Also, I think the slowest growing hairs are at my hairline, because every month I measure them and they seem to hardly have budged, yet the rest of my hair looks longer! A month and a half have passed since I put in henna, so the roots are definitely starting to show. However, at the very front of my hairline the roots are still copper! That explains the confusion.

I don't really mind the unevenness too much, but I wish it would ALL grow faster for now. I'm at quite an annoying length which won't seem to budge!

Oh and the back bottom part of the hair grows faster because it's thicker than the rest of the hair, it's safely tucked away under the canopy, and there IS more blood supply to it.

kwhitchurch
November 19th, 2008, 03:27 PM
yes I totally agree...my hair seems to have stopped at a very awkward length...not really long but not really short. I cant decide if it will go behind or in front of my shoulders so sometimes it just sits on top of them and sticks straight out lol...

Marie99
November 19th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I get that too. Lucky my hair is wavy, so it doesn't show as much.

Still grows slower than other people's. After the holidays, I'm going to start science experiments to make my hair grow faster again.