PDA

View Full Version : Hair advice

Lesley8
June 22nd, 2024, 03:46 AM
Hi
I'm needing some advice
I've noticed lately I'm getting breakage something I don't normally get, my hair is so dry even straight after washing.
I'm oiling before washing and being gentle with brushing etc.
I'm also wondering if I need a good shampoo and conditioner.
Any advice would be appreciated as I'm starting to wonder if I should cut it.
Thank you

Mariekeeee14
June 22nd, 2024, 06:26 AM
What is your current routine? What do you do with your hair when you’re sleeping? What are factors in your circumstances, health, diet that could have caused this?

Lesley8
June 22nd, 2024, 06:33 AM
Hi, I oil twice a day with davines oil, always use protectivestyles. Brush bottom up, pre poo always before washing, use a mask once a week if I get time, I don't brush my hair wet. Leave to airdry. At night I braid it and put it in a bonnet. I have been stressed for a month and haven't been eating well.

SelenVinland
June 22nd, 2024, 08:14 AM
Ah, the stress and poor diet could potentially be the culprit. It could also be something that happened in the recent past (e.g. if you had some kind of illness within the past six months or so).

Sarahlabyrinth
June 22nd, 2024, 10:57 AM
It may be that you are handling and manipulating your hair a bit too much, fine hair is so easily damaged. My own view is that the less you handle it the better it will do. And use protective updos.

Lesley8
June 22nd, 2024, 11:39 AM
Thank you for your advice
I try to only brush it morning and night but I feel everything I use gets caught, lots of tangles as well at the moment.
All of your help is much appreciated

Lesley8
June 22nd, 2024, 11:39 AM
Thank you for your advice
I try to only brush it morning and night but I feel everything I use gets caught, lots of tangles as well at the moment.
All of your help is much appreciated

embee
June 22nd, 2024, 04:12 PM
Regular updo use can help. Then you don't need to do much more than comb or brush it out morning and evening. However, some hair seems prone to breakage at the ends. Ends have been there the longest and are more fragile than the rest of your hair. IIWY I'd not cut, what good would that really do? Seems to me the ends are trimming themselves. ;) Fairytale ends are certainly easier for most updo styles.

Aunt Rapunzel
June 22nd, 2024, 05:32 PM
I use a leave-in (spray on) conditioner on my hair. I focus it mostly on the last couple of inches, but do lightly spray the rest as well. My hair is thick, wavy, and tends to be dry. It has made a huge difference in my hair. So much so that several of the clients where I work have asked me what I started doing differently, because my hair looks so much healthier! That was so nice to hear!

Bri-Chan
June 23rd, 2024, 03:26 AM
Did you try to clarify?

Lesley8
June 23rd, 2024, 03:46 AM
Yes I just clarified.

lapushka
June 23rd, 2024, 05:51 AM
I am very much with the, quick on her toes, poster who said: diet, maybe vitamine shortage, possible thyroid issues (because that can wreak havoc on your hair!); just all this to say, get checked out on the regular health wise too and never discredit these things, because if you are doing nothing wrong routine-wise, which: you aren't doing anything making this happen, at all. Then... I mean something's gotta be at the root cause of this, right? Just logical.