PDA

View Full Version : Controlling flyaways above the ears

MandaMom2Three
November 19th, 2008, 08:26 AM
I used to have a lot of flyaway, even though now I know what to do to avoid frizzies, I still get flyaways. After reading the awesome oiling article, I don't have that problem as much :cheese:everything below the ears behaves itself nicely with a light oiling. But I still get flyaways ABOVE the ears. Of course there all you have to do is show your hair the bottle of oil and it looks greasy :D . Today I was desperate and tried a VERY light oiling there and now all I have are greasy looking flyaways :rolleyes:. What can I do with these above the ear flyaways? I don't want to go the hairspray/gel route as that just makes for crunchy hair :(. Any tips?

Periwinkle
November 19th, 2008, 08:33 AM
I'm a kirby addict (bobby pins to you, most likely). I wear them behind my ears every day to hold all the wispies.

I've heard of great success with aloe gel too.

Have you tried misting with water? That makes my hair hold brilliantly. Or if you have any liquid oils, you could dilute some and mist/use that, which might not make it look greasy.

Alaytheia
November 19th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I grow horns above my ears. A whole section of hair grows at the same length, then tweaks straight out from my head in an attempt to defy the sleek look I'm going for. They do eventually grow out, but then a whole new set is ready to take its place. I usually use a tiny dab of aloe vera gel to smooth them back. I don't like it entirely, and you have to be careful to use just a wee bit or it will look gooped, but it does work.

MandaMom2Three
November 19th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Hmmmm, I've tried misting, works until it's dry again LOL. I'll try the aloe!!

Alia
November 19th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Aloe gel, diluted just to the point where it will spray, as opposed to squirting out in globs :bigeyes:, really has cut down on my 'longhorn steer look'. It even works better than hairspray, which had me seriously frustrated pre-LHC.

spidermom
November 19th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Pomade or wax; a little goes a long way. Hair-styling gel or aloe vera gel help, too.