PDA

View Full Version : The hair dream/nightmare thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

andrea1982
March 9th, 2008, 09:29 PM
I had a really bad dream last night and I just had to share with folks I thought might understand!
I've been growing my hair for around eight months now and I'm due for a trim. I have a haircut booked for next week, and I've been thinking/worrying about it, where I never really cared if they took too much off before. Well, last night I had a dream that when I went in for my hair trim, I ended up with a mullet! Really short on top and long in the back, it was terrible...who knew I'd ever be nervous about getting a haircut!

CurlyNinja
March 9th, 2008, 09:31 PM
HAHAHAHA amazing dream! I get really nervous before haircuts too, I've had so many awful ones over the years.

My boyfriend's parents gave him a mullet as a child...terribly unfortunate.

kwaniesiam
March 9th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Eep what an awful dream! I've had weird ones about hair too. Since I got dreadlocks, I had a weird dream that my hair grew into one big massive tangle. Scary

Silver & Gold
March 10th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Not to worry, just go in to your stylist singing these instructions:

"Don't break my heart, my achy breaky heart, I just don't think she'd understand . . . "

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

yogachic
March 10th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Good thing it was only a dream. When I took my daughter for a trim to straighten up her hair, the one hair dresser, who is about 40-45 yrs old, has a mullet, its short on top and bsl in the back. What was she thinking, being a hairdresser. Good thing the other lady cut my childs hair. hee hee

BlndeInDisguise
March 10th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Of all the horrible things a hairdresser could do to you, a mullet would definitely be one of the worst, IMHO. ICK! :D

Silver & Gold
March 10th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Oooo, just had to add. Both of our sons have grown their hair out a couple of times in their lives. Each time they decided to go short again they wanted me to cut a mullet first so they could wear that around for a while. (Just for the record, they think mullets are awful. Which is the reason they wanted one for a while, so they could be the 'crazy mullet guy'.)
I laughed and told them I have standards . . . there are just some things I will not do!

Rory
March 10th, 2008, 07:56 AM
My mom loves mullets! She thinks they are so practical- neat in the front and long in the back. I say GAHHH!!! Several times she has tried to get one, but I talk her down from the ledge. A really fun website to go to if you want a laugh is www.mulletsgalore.com (http://www.mulletsgalore.com)

Gothic Lolita
March 10th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Oh, poor you! I know that sort of dream. I guess everybody growing their hair out is having such dreams....

Hopefully you have a skilled hairdresser who does exactly what you want.

Sapphire'sWings
March 10th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Ahhhh! that's worse than my really short hair dreams. I always end up waking up so relieved that it was only a dream.

Don't worry, I'm sure your hairdresser knows better. :)

Patrycja
March 10th, 2008, 09:15 AM
oh man.Was it as bad as Billy Ray Cyrus from back in the day??

that's shivers worthy.

wolf girl
March 10th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I know I had a nightmare one time that my hair was caught and cut off by a hugh fan. :shocked: :wail:I woke up and grabbed it to make sure it was still there! It amazes me how real dreams can seem sometimes.

Silver & Gold
March 10th, 2008, 09:29 AM
My mom loves mullets! She thinks they are so practical- neat in the front and long in the back. I say GAHHH!!! Several times she has tried to get one, but I talk her down from the ledge. A really fun website to go to if you want a laugh is www.mulletsgalore.com (http://www.mulletsgalore.com)

I admit it, you made me look. That was sooooooo wrong!

SchnauzerMom
March 10th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Wow, what a nightmare! The other day I saw a woman in Wal-Mart wearing a mullet. Obviously some people like those things.

Islandgrrl
March 10th, 2008, 10:48 AM

Oh, that website is hilarious!

There's a woman at the gym I work at who has a mullet. She's got to be in her mid 60s or so and the back of her hair is close to waist length. But the top, OMG, MIGHT be 1 1/2" long at the longest and she dyes it all pitch black. And it's permed. I cringe every time I see her!

CurlyNinja
March 10th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Oooo, just had to add. Both of our sons have grown their hair out a couple of times in their lives. Each time they decided to go short again they wanted me to cut a mullet first so they could wear that around for a while. (Just for the record, they think mullets are awful. Which is the reason they wanted one for a while, so they could be the 'crazy mullet guy'.)
I laughed and told them I have standards . . . there are just some things I will not do!

I know a girl who cut off her shoulder-length-ish hair to a little pixie, but first she cut a really over the top mullet that she wore around for 3 days, and it was HILARIOUS!

andrea1982
March 10th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Ah.. the shock from the dream has faded now.. and I can have a good laugh thanks to you guys! I really trust my stylist, she's always been very cautious before with cuts and colour, which I didn't use to appreciate because before I would always be looking for more "drastic changes" than she would provide. I'm lucky to have her! Still.. scissors... (shiver)

Silver & Gold
March 10th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I know a girl who cut off her shoulder-length-ish hair to a little pixie, but first she cut a really over the top mullet that she wore around for 3 days, and it was HILARIOUS!

Ya gotta admire someone with a sense of humor about themselves!

jojo
March 10th, 2008, 04:45 PM
oh my wanna laugh? this is me 22 years ago! yep i was a mullet fan EEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/CIMG0096.jpg

>>>>>>jojo sneaks off somewhere quite to hide her embarrassment:o:o

Silver & Gold
March 10th, 2008, 04:48 PM
oh my wanna laugh? this is me 22 years ago! yep i was a mullet fan EEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/CIMG0096.jpg

>>>>>>jojo sneaks off somewhere quite to hide her embarrassment:o:o

Good for you, jojo! If you're gonna sport it, at least you are willing to own it!

Some of the things I did to may hair over the years . . . yikes! There are photos that I would love to burn. At least you look cute with your tiny mullet.

jojo
March 10th, 2008, 05:01 PM
this was a self cut mullet too.....oh the shame.....my good name in ruins!

Mahars
March 11th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Oh gosh, that's a terrible dream. Not to scare you, but that actually almost happened to me. I went to a hair stylist I'd never been to and she cut really uneven layers. She layered my right side way more than the left. Since I have really pouffy thick hair, it was totally noticeable. I went to another salon to get it fixed, and the woman had to make the layers shorter to even the haircut out. She also cut way too deep so my ends were super thin. I'm growing it out now, but it's been a total nightmare. I absolutely hate it!! Never get short layers unless you trust the person cutting your hair to not cut too much.

young&reckless
March 13th, 2008, 08:42 AM
My mom had a mullet!

Eww, it was bad. It took my about 4 months to convice her to cut it off.

Now she's back to a puddle perm on short layered hair.
:rolleyes:

And on top of this my boyfriends hair is beginning to look like a mullet too. He has really thick hair and styles it in the typical Italian fashion if we go out. Slicked back in front straite down in back.

For those who watch Grey's Anatomy he thinks he has Mc'Dreamy hair, but it's more John Travolta in Grease.

Help me I'm trapped!

Mahars
March 13th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Dump him! Or maybe just cut off the back while he's sleeping. Heh just kidding.

MissHair
March 13th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Hahahahahha fabulous dream. Ive had those myself. Dont be too worried though, explain your concerns to the hairdresser and what you wish you hair would look like. Im sure she'll understand.

Pegasus
March 13th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Mullets....Bidness in the front, party in the back!!!

spidermom
March 13th, 2008, 06:57 PM
What? You got some sort of problem with a mullet? (it can be quite o.k. if you wear it with the proper glasses)
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/80sc.jpghttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/80se.jpg

spidermom
March 13th, 2008, 06:59 PM
hahahahahahhahahahhahahahhaha

Starr
March 13th, 2008, 07:09 PM
A local radio station is having a contest a called March Mullet Madness and the winner gets a mint 1969 Chevy Camaro SS.

It's definately a droolworthy car!:love:

Not that I'm considering cutting my hair or anything.:rolleyes:

DecafJane
March 14th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Oh no! The mullet is making a comeback (in an altered form) in some circles. A lot of Vietnamese friends of friends seem to be getting them, and a lot of younger girls. I see them and look at the longest parts of their hair, knowing that it all started at that length before they got the chop and want to cry.

mathilde
March 14th, 2008, 06:41 AM
LOL, when I saw this thread title, I thought, "EEEK, NOOOO!!!" I'm so glad it was only a dream. ;)

MercyD
March 20th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I had a nightmare last night that I had kept my hair up for months and when I let it down the back was BSL (currently hovering around 16 in), but the front hadn't grown at all (currently just below my ears). In my dream I was so frustrated I was crying!!

It seems silly now, but I was still frustrated after I woke up.

Anyone else have hair nightmares:o?

AJoifulNoise
March 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I actually had one last night, too. I went into a salon to get a pedicure and somehow wound up getting my nearly hip-length hair cut to above APL with bangs. I was soooo upset because I don't cut my hair at all and so it was devistating and out of character... And my dream went in to different peoples reactions and my feelings... Argh. I woke up and grasped at my hair, my heart in my throat.

LifeisAdventure
March 20th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I was just telling DBF about this the other day! He responded with an equally crazy dream about Hiro-like time & space travel except it kept putting him places he didn't want to be, like bad weddings. Anywhoo...

I had my first hair nightmare last weekend! In the dream my hair was OBVIOUSLY shorter than tailbone and cut all asymmetrical (the back was about shoulder length and the two sides were a few inches below) and in the dream I kept looking in a mirror and turning my head and being like, 'did someone cut it when I wasn't looking?' even though it was CLEARLY shorter. What a weirdo I am, even in dreams. When I woke up I felt compelled to take my bun down to check the length... I did. ;)

heidihug
March 20th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I've had hair dreams, for sure! The worst was one in which we were out with some friends, and one of them took a scissors and chopped off my french braid right at the neck. I was so freaked out when I woke up, I felt off all day long. BTW, the guy that I dreamt did that? I could totally see him doing it in RL and thinking it was funny, because if I have ever had my hair in a ponytail or braid when we've seen him, he yanks it really hard (I know, hard to believe a 40-year-old guy would behave that way). Jerk. I hate him, and won't have anything to do with him now. Can ya blame me?

Hypnotica
March 20th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I had one a week ago or something...

I dreamt that my hair for some reason got covered in Diet Coke. And for some other (strange) reason I slept with said drink in my hair a whole night. When I woke up (in the dream) the Coke had bleach my hair something terrible, leaving patches of white, pink and orange all over my head.

Chamomile betty
March 20th, 2008, 12:41 PM
So sorry! I hate hairmares :(

I tend to dream that I have very short hair like I did 14 years ago. Or that I just go get my BS length cut off. I drives me into such a panic.

Peggy E.
March 20th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I've had hair dreams, for sure! The worst was one in which we were out with some friends, and one of them took a scissors and chopped off my french braid right at the neck. I was so freaked out when I woke up, I felt off all day long. BTW, the guy that I dreamt did that? I could totally see him doing it in RL and thinking it was funny, because if I have ever had my hair in a ponytail or braid when we've seen him, he yanks it really hard (I know, hard to believe a 40-year-old guy would behave that way). Jerk. I hate him, and won't have anything to do with him now. Can ya blame me?

Ha! I was thinking of suggesting a place in which you could yank him really hard, then decided you are probably too nice a person to take such infantile revenge. Though it is true that with some people, such as the jerk you've described, reducing yourself to their level to set them straight is the only way they'll figure it out....

Certainly does sound like you have cause for alarm and your dream obviously was reinforcing this warning.

I never, ever remember dreams. What I have is a "feeling" upon awakening, almost atmospheric, a dark gloomy haziness when I've had what must have been a troubling dream, or a brighter, lighter, sunny-side-up optimism which signals the farewell to what must have been a good dream.

Don't know if this is better, or if what my inner voices are trying to tell me is not strong enough to get through the murky mire from the subconscious to conscious brain. It's like awakening every morning from the opening of a "Mission Impossible" episode - the message tape has self-destructed, the message evaporated and all I have left is the smoke! (It would be nice if Tom Cruise would stick around, though.... Talk about "In your dreams!")

Oh, Heidi, forgot! I am waving hello to my fellow "Cheese Head," from beautiful Door County, WI!

heidihug
March 20th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Hi, Peggy! I'm from Oconto Falls, work in De Pere. We love Door County, my husband and I celebrated our 10 anniversary at a lovely place in Sturgeon Bay. That was 11 years ago tomorrow!

I wish I could poof! away my nightmares upon waking. I rarely remember the good dreams, only the bad ones :confused:. I know I have dreamt "hairmares" many times. I guess I don't have that many things to really be worried about if the worst dreams I have are about my hair, huh? :)

atlantaz3
March 20th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Have you seen that sweet and sour candy commercial? The girl wakes up and one pony tail has been chopped off (the sour part) but then the candy goes sweet! Not an amusing commercial to me. That would be a nightmare!

heidihug
March 20th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Oh, no, atlantaz3, I haven't. Yikes, sounds awful! You wonder what some advertising agencies are thinking of when they dream this stuff up.

AJoifulNoise
March 20th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Have you seen that sweet and sour candy commercial? The girl wakes up and one pony tail has been chopped off (the sour part) but then the candy goes sweet! Not an amusing commercial to me. That would be a nightmare!

I've seen it! I don't care how sweet the thing was afterwards, I'd kick it to kingdom come!

kettle
March 20th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Aw MercyD :(
I dreamed I got a fringe a little while ago. I'm always considering a fringe - but I was so upset in my dream, and so damn relieved when I woke up and realised it wasn't real, that now whenever I get the urge I just try to remember it.
AJoifulNoise, I had a dream with you in it a while ago too! You were giving me hair advice in a shop! I thought about posting it at the time but decided it might be too bizarre. But apparently I'm sharing anyway!
I clearly spend too much time on this board lately.
Sweet dreams everyone! :wink:

AJoifulNoise
March 20th, 2008, 04:32 PM
AJoifulNoise, I had a dream with you in it a while ago too! You were giving me hair advice in a shop! I thought about posting it at the time but decided it might be too bizarre. But apparently I'm sharing anyway!

That is mildly creepy. I love it! I hope it was good advice! Whenever I have a hair nightmare, the LHC is always involved. But, only in the "how on earth am I going to explain this to them?" or "waaaaaaah, I need to tell them about this horror!" Never anyone in paticular. But, it wouldn't surprise me if that happened eventually.

DecafJane
April 4th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I had a hair nightmare last night!

For some reason, I was at a mirror, and I cut it all off with a pair of electric clippers!

Part of me was thinking, "No!" and the other part was thinking, "It is okay, it is just a dream, you wouldn't do this in real life!"

This morning I woke up, and of course, it is all still there. Not long enough yet, but hey, at least it is ponytail length! Woohoo!

I hate hairmares. :D

girlcat36
April 4th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Oh, funny----I thought you really cut your hair!! My stomach turned! Glad it was only a dream! I have not had any 'hair-mares', or any sort of hair dream. Guess I am not obssessed enough!:D

DecafJane
April 4th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Sorry - perhaps I should have made it clearer from the start - it was just a dream!! :o

I have had dreams before where I go to the hairdresser and get it all cut off, but have never dreamed about shaving it myself. Then again, I tend to have dreams about the little things that I am worried about, when bigger things are stressing me. (Nothing serious - just a lot to learn at uni. :) )

Shanarana
April 4th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I've had a couple of dreams from time to time that my hair is short and when I wake up, I'm a bit disillusioned whether I got it cut or not until I touch it, than it's WHEW.

Before having long hair I would dream about it all the time, now that it's long I don't have those dreams anymore.

Airmide
April 21st, 2008, 02:12 PM
Last night I had a terrible nightmare. For some reason it was pretty realistic too. I was going to trim and for some reason I decided to really try to concentrate on having a thick U cut instead of concentrating on length. So I trimmed off my fairy tale ends.

But I trimmed all the way to tailbone!! Since I've never trimmed more than a couple inches at a time in my life, and didn't trim at all till I was 18, that's shorter than I can ever really remember having it!

It was kind of funny because in one way I really loved it. It was so thick and full at the ends! But I was also horrified that I'd lost SO much length! I was thinking "Why didn't I just trim to classic, I could have done that and my ends would have been really close to as thick!" It was so vivid I could even feel my hair hitting the small of my back.

Also because I'd lost so much length my hair was a LOT curlier. At first it was just waves but then it became really tight ringlets. Though in real life I'm perfectly content with how my hair is now, that was pretty neat!

Even though there were some cool aspects I just kept saying "This is a mistake, this is a terrible mistake!!!" Over and over again. I thought maybe it was a horrible dream and I'd wake up and everything would be fine. Then I realized that could really be true so I woke myself up, felt my beebutt bun and fell back to sleep to have lots of other weird but non-hair related dreams lol.

SHELIAANN1969
April 21st, 2008, 02:18 PM
I only wish I had a nightmare where I cut to TB instead of Classic!! lol

Those dreams are really disturbing when you wake up and cant be sure they weren't real, I had a weird dream the other day and had to ask my bf if something really happened.

Airmide
April 21st, 2008, 04:01 PM
Omg that happened to me not too long ago. Dumbest nightmare EVER!!

I thought I was dreaming and I woke up (but I was still dreaming). I looked up and there was a pair of jammies stuck to the ceiling. I woke my husband up and made him look to see if they were there. I was confliced about having him go look WHY they were there and fix it, or having him hold me cause I was scared. That's the whole nightmare lol.

Then I actually woke up and didn't have my glasses on so I was totally freaked out still. I woke my husband up and told him and made him look. He sorta looked around and I was like "no reeeaaalllly look around!" He said he was a bit freaked out at first too because the moonlight was hitting the ceiling in a way that it looked sorta like there could have been something up there.

AlleyKitten
April 21st, 2008, 04:05 PM
Ugh! The hair nightmare I usually have involves deciding to chop it all off, and cutting it to chin (!) in the bathroom of my parents' house. I always regret it in the dream, too, as soon as I do it. This is the main reason I know I'll never cut it off in real life -- I've already felt the sickening feeling when I realize it's all gone!

1MegMeg
April 21st, 2008, 04:10 PM
Oooh I hate hair cutting dreams - aren't you glad it was just a dream though?! :) Not too long ago I had one too. They are so vivid and real and I just remember being so thrilled to wake up and know that it was just a dream. And the waking up while still dreaming is also equally weird. I feel like I am stuck in the dream!

Not dream related, but back in February I was in an accident taken to the trauma center here. One of the physicians was taking off the tape that the paramedics had used on the head brace and my head and the tape got stuck in my hair. I immediately bleated out - please don't cut my hair! I thought it was super stuck in my hair and that was the priority for me hehe, not the fact that I had been in a bad accident and was in the trauma center. Fortunately, he didn't have to cut it out. :)

Islandgrrl
April 21st, 2008, 04:28 PM
I also had a hairmare last night. I dreamt that I had these funky yellow and black dreadlock extensions that were braided into my hair in a weird way so that to get them out I had to snip a little rubber band and the dreads would just slide out of my hair. I had the scissors in my hand and was successfully removing the dreads until I got to the right side of my hair and I snipped the little rubber band and 6" of my own hair got snipped off in the process. So I had this one section of my hair that was 6" shorter than the rest, and it was, of all the weird things, bleeding on the ends. Scared the carp out of me!!!

Airmide
April 21st, 2008, 05:03 PM
Islandgrrl you are SO funny!! I'm glad that it was only a dream for you too! I have this feeling I've had a weird dream about my hair bleeding too. I think it sorta makes sense we would since it's a treasured body part to us. Also you gave me a pretty funny mental image of fish (carp) falling out of you.

ole gray mare
April 21st, 2008, 06:35 PM
My hair nightmares always involve someone dyeing my hair against my will. I don't have the cutting dreams, just the dyeing ones.

Funny about the carp thing.

Oh, and Jammies??? Paging Dr. Freud!!!

WritingPrincess
April 21st, 2008, 06:48 PM
I wish I had hair-related dreams. The only thing remotely close is that lately, I've dreamed of meeting or trying to meet 3 different LHCers.

Airmide
April 21st, 2008, 07:35 PM
The jammies part wasn't that alarming, it was that they were on the ceiling. I wear jammies all the time! (maybe we need to page Dr. Freud on that too?) I'm glad you don't have cutting dreams but especially with your gorgeous hair I can understand why you'd have the dyeing dreams. I don't think I've ever had those. Also (hijacking my own thread lol) I loooove your new sig picture, though I'm still missing your old one with Lily.

WritingPrincess I'm pretty sure I've had some dreams about meeting LHC members too, though I can't remember them at just this moment. You might wish for hair related dreams but trust me don't wish cutting or dyeing or anything like that dreams on yourself!

I did have a good hair dream ONE time lol, that my hair had grown quite a bit and was suddenly ankle length. Oh! And I had one similar to the dreads dream...I had longer hair but it was only for a short period of time and I was trying to get my husband to look at it before it vanished lol. Somehow I'd been able to add back in all the hair I've trimmed off over time but only briefly lol.

DecafJane
April 21st, 2008, 09:58 PM
I still have nightmares where I dream that I have either gotten it cut man-short again, or it has never grown in the first place. In my dreams, it is never as long as in real life. :(

I have stuck a picture of myself with mid-back length hair on the fridge to rectify this, and am hoping for some happy hair dreams sometime soon. :D

Airmide, it is amazing that you can't remember having hair that short! Wow. :)

snowflakegirl
April 21st, 2008, 11:06 PM
I dreamt the other night that I had my hair cut to a bob and I was SO UPSET! I was so sad! I cried and cried. I woke up shortly after that nightmare, felt my braid (totally intact) and felt so relieved! I am so glad I'm not alone in hair nightmares!

Druid of Alba
April 25th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Not usually, but I did have one, once, that my school's librarian signed me up for a hair shaving for cancer event. The event came, and everyone was trying to get me to go over and get shaved, and then the librarian came over and started pushing me, and then I woke up. Random, I know. :p

GlassEyes
April 25th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Ha! I was thinking of suggesting a place in which you could yank him really hard, then decided you are probably too nice a person to take such infantile revenge. Though it is true that with some people, such as the jerk you've described, reducing yourself to their level to set them straight is the only way they'll figure it out....

The braid is probably a much more...'substantial' tool for pulling. ; D

A few weeks (or maybe a few months...whatever XD), I dreamt I cut all my hair off into a short fade. I walked into my school and people freaked. I don't think I hated it.

I woke up weirded out. xD

MadHatter
April 25th, 2008, 07:54 PM
I've had a lot of hair nightmares!
The most memorable one went like this: I cut my hair off to shoulder length because I was bored with it, and instantly regretted it. So I gathered the cut hair, and braided it back into what was left. I resolved to leave it like that until I regained my former length. Weird, huh?

Jeni
April 25th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I have had hair nightmares since joining LHC, probably because I think a lot more about my hair now. Mostly they are dreams that my hair wont grow. Like the one I remember the most is: I'm 60-70ish and my hair is the same length as it is now. I have been trying to grow it out for 40-50 years (no cutting), and it was still APL. Everyone around me joked on me that I should give it up and cut it into an "old lady do". I woke up feeling very anxious about my hair growing. I know it grows, maybe not as fast as some people's but it does grow! No idea why I have these dreams, wish they would stop. I also have the dreams of someone cutting it while I'm asleep, or getting something in it (gum) and having to cut it.

kwaniesiam
April 25th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I've had all sorts of odd hair dreams. I think the last one was shaving my head. I also had one before about me switching hair with that of a horse :confused:

amaiaisabella
June 28th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I know sometimes you all post that you have nightmares you've cut your hair... well, I had one last night!

I don't remember much, but I asked my stylist to cut half an inch and the next thing I know I'm looking at chin-length hair. I'm thinking of saying "Well, it's nice and light but... I WANT MY HAIR BACK!!"

Then I woke up for class and realized I'm still growing... albeit really slowly! :cheese:

DecafJane
June 28th, 2008, 05:34 PM
What a nightmare!! If you have too many more of those, you'll never go to the hairdresser again! :p

I used to have those, too, but now I dream that my hair is longer than it is, which is nice, except I have to wake up. ;)

hurricane_gia
June 28th, 2008, 05:58 PM
You poor dear! I hate those dreams, but thankfully I only have them when I'm under a lot lot lot of stress. I hope you don't have any more dreams like that!

yogachic
June 29th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Oh I know what you mean, I just had one a few weeks ago.

Curlsgirl
June 29th, 2008, 02:20 PM
It does seem so real doesn't it? I just had one that I posted about too and it does make me afraid to get the hairdresser to do anything! :eek: It IS awful good to wake up and see that all your hair is still there though huh?

I want one where my hair is LONGER!! :heart:

Kirin
July 10th, 2008, 06:55 AM
It was awful!! I knew it was bound to happen but I was so not expecting it really. A dream, no, nightmare, that I decided on pressure to get my hair all cut off into this short flippy style......and hated it immeiately!

I woke up in horror, grabbing at my hair to make sure it was still there! Was I relieved to find it where I'd left it, on my head!

lora410
July 10th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Haven't had one of these yet, and I hope I never have one :shudder:

paper
July 10th, 2008, 07:17 AM
shudder: Oh no, not the short flippy style! lol

thankyousir74
July 10th, 2008, 07:22 AM
lol this reminds me, Note to self, Do not watch Bravo nor the style network. That may be a stimulus for these dreams. I was watching "Shear Genius", dear Lord, it made me cringe (this one girl bleached her hair til it melted!!).

:couch:

Unofficial_Rose
July 10th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Gasp! I had one of these myself the other day, in which my hair was all cut off into a very short layered style.

And it changed colour to mouse-brown too! Aargh!!! shudder:

Amara
July 10th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Haha, I had like the reverse of this a few days ago - a dream where I cut my hair to a chin length bob (the way I wore it for a few years) and LOVED it. I woke up going "hm...." LOL

Darkhorse1
July 10th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I've had those since I started growing my hair. Had one last night. That someone cut my hair to my ears. I'm a lucid dreamer now, so what I do is take the length, and put it back on and it stays. I remember once I was upset that someone cut my hair off, and in the dream, I pulled at the ends and it grew--kind of like those old barbie dolls or such? It made it much more fun and less scarey. God, I hate those dreams. That and loosing my teeth. Hate those dreams too.

Blueglass
July 10th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Sometimes I dream that someone wants to cut my hair and UI have to figth them off, or that I have some different style, or even that I'm bald. Guess I'm not alone. Always though it was just
me. Until I found this site.

Sofoulee
July 10th, 2008, 11:25 AM
I would probably wake up crying.

WritingPrincess
July 10th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I dreamed awhile ago that I buzzed my hair because we went to Africa and it was so HOT. Strangely, I was nonchalant about it. "Oh, it'll grow back." That kind of thing. My dad, though, nearly had a heart attack (in the dream). I guess I had forgotten how long it takes to grow 36 inches of hair, even with a steady 1/2 inch per month growth rate.

WritingPrincess
July 10th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention the dream I had two nights ago, where this girl who was jealous of my braid was hanging on to it and saying (dead serious, too) that she was going to cut it off. I told her, "Don't you DARE touch my hair." When that didn't convince her, I glared at her, and said through clenched teeth, "If. You. Even. THINK. About. Cutting. My. Hair. You. Will. Seriously. Regret. It." She eventually backed off, and I think we became friends. I didn't even know what I would do to her, but I suspect now it would involve something like shaving her head, because she had had the longest braid in this group of girls and wasn't about to let me take that away from her. I woke up that night after the dream and had to calm down, because it had disturbed me too much.

BlueRose4217
July 31st, 2008, 10:38 AM
I had the same type of hairmare last night...I cut my hair short and it looked like my MIL's. Funny that we just henna'd her hair and that is how mine looked. It made my heart hurt in my dream, and I was glad to wake up and find my hair in tact! :)

Curlsgirl
July 31st, 2008, 11:54 AM
I hate these but am glad I am not the only one that has them! I have them at least once every few weeks or so. I thought I must be very paranoid because I wake up just sick until I realize my hair is still there! It does make me indeed NEVER want to cut again! I don't want to wake up and it be TRUE!!! :(

Alethia
July 31st, 2008, 02:20 PM
SOunds like you have a lot of security tied up in your hair. Are things in your life a bit up in the air just now, or are you worried that you're in danger of messing something up? If so, that's probably why you had this dream. I have dreams about horrible things happening to my teeth when I'm feeling too much responsibility or pressure and I'm worried that I won't be able ot deal with it. In one dream I was looking at a crack in my front tooth in the mirror. I poked at it with my tongue and the tooth crumbled. It was so realistic that I had to feel my tooth and check in the mirror when I woke up. Ugh!

ETA - I didn't work hard to grow my hair so I don't have a huge emotional attachment to it, but I had loads of orthodontic work for 5 years and I really treasure my teeth and how they look now - a bit like the way some of you feel about your hair.

Curlsgirl
November 19th, 2008, 06:15 AM
I thought since so many of us have dreams about our hair from time to time that maybe we should just have a thread for that. I don't think there is on already. Yes I'm bored and caught up on my job :D

Here is mine from last night and actually with this one it was more my reaction and my hubby's than anything else that was funny.

I dreamed simply that several different people were cutting on my hair but it was just awful. I couldn't stop them and they kept saying it would grow out again bla bla and anyway I woke up this morning to DH kissing me goodbye and I mumbled, "I had a nightmare that someone cut my hair off". He said, "Oh poor thing, someone cut your HEAD off, that's awful!!!" Then I said, "No, WORSE, someone cut my HAIR off". He just looked at me and rolled his eyes and laughed. :poot:

Sarahmoon
November 19th, 2008, 07:02 AM
I once dreamed I had my hair cut in some strange style a bit like this: http://www.artybees.co.nz/bizarre-book-images/past-their-expiry-date/hair-care-eek-1.jpg

And one time I dreamed spending the night at my parent's house and when I woke up, I found my mom cut my hair to bra strap length. I was totally outraged and asked her if she had any idea how long it takes to grow a meter of hair. And she was like "I don't know... a few weeks or so."

Islandgrrl
November 19th, 2008, 07:22 AM
I had one of those...."oh, but it's not quite EVEN" hair dreams the other night. I'd gone for a trim, just a tiny one, and the stylist kept snipping, saying it wasn't quite even and before you know it, I had chin length hair. :bigeyes:

Snack
November 19th, 2008, 07:27 AM
I had one a while ago that I had suddenly decided that I didn't like my hair anymore, and that I had it cut off. When I woke up, at first I was startled that my hair was still there, but then I was very pleased that I didn't have to live with my ucky 'dream' hair. For some reason I was very calm about the whole thing. In real life that would never happen.

This one isn't really a dream, but once my braid must have slid down into my face from my pillow (I keep them at a kind of angle), and scared my out of my sleep. I thought I was being attacked by something. Then I figured it out and was just embarrassed because I had actually screamed.

Islandgrrl
November 19th, 2008, 07:42 AM
This one isn't really a dream, but once my braid must have slid down into my face from my pillow (I keep them at a kind of angle), and scared my out of my sleep. I thought I was being attacked by something. Then I figured it out and was just embarrassed because I had actually screamed.

Oh G*d, I've done that. :o:o:o

rhubarbarin
November 19th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I have a recurring dream where I'm just hanging out and I decide to cut my hair back to shoulder length or above, on a whim. I'm fine with it and then all of a sudden I remember I'm GROWING MY HAIR OUT! What have I done!?

Snack
November 19th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Oh G*d, I've done that. :o:o:o

Hee, it's good to know that I'm not alone :)

DecafJane
November 19th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I have a recurring dream where I'm just hanging out and I decide to cut my hair back to shoulder length or above, on a whim. I'm fine with it and then all of a sudden I remember I'm GROWING MY HAIR OUT! What have I done!?

I have that one, too! Except in my case (because I am currently just past shoulder length) I dream that I have just gone to get a trim on a whim, and they cut it back to a shorter mullet-pixie.

I much prefer the dreams where I feel my hair and it has instantly grown to mid-back-length. ;)

lora410
November 19th, 2008, 04:12 PM
i have had dreams where I cut, but bar far the scariest was when my hair started falling out :shudder:

Delila
November 19th, 2008, 04:57 PM
A couple of years ago I dreamed that I had nicolezoie's hair. In the dream I knew it was hers, though.

I think she'd recently changed her signature picture or something. Must have made an impression, LOL!!

Elphie
November 19th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Does dreaming that something has happened to another person's hair count?

I have no idea why I dreamed that my assistant (who usually has short, wavy blonde hair) showed up to work sporting a horrible perm and my first reaction to it was "I don't know if I can fix that!"

Speckla
November 19th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I was scrunching mousse into my hair and the ends (3" worth) kept snapping off into my hand! It was a frightening dream.
________
Thyroid disorders advice (http://www.health-forums.org/thyroid-disorders/)

aragorn
November 19th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Used to have them more often when I was younger. Like when I was a kid I dreamed that I was going to get my haircut. I turned away and looked back to the mirror and my hair was long on the back. I turned away and then looked back again and I had hair well below my shoulders. Then I tugged on it and it came off like a wig and I was bald underneath.

backtolonghair
November 19th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I posted this somewhere else before I realized that someone already had a hair dream board up. :) But yes, I have had a few hair dreams since joining TLHC.

I can't wait for my hair to get long in real life! That's gonna be AWESOME! :)

I had a vision the other day that I was combing my hair and it was bra strap length, and I had a dream the other night that I french braided my hair and it was really long as well.

Also I have this recurring dream where some guy is rubbing my back and he's talking with my parents and me. My hair is about APL. I get the feeling that we are dating. I am single right now, so I thought that was interesting. I'm trying to think how long it will be before I get to that length, since I'm about shoulder length right now.

Have any of you had dreams/visions about your hair that have come true???
Blessings

30isthenewblack
November 20th, 2008, 03:24 AM
I had my first hair dream yesterday. I had a dream that my hair was cut into a longish bob kind of cut. I was so relieved when I woke up ... phew!

Brianna
November 29th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Gah, I had one of these last night. I dreamed that I went to the salon to get my hair trimmed (and I was very firm about how little I wanted the hairdresser to cut) and somehow or other I fell asleep or blacked out in the chair. When I woke up my hair had been bleached platinum. :bigeyes: And then dyed in various, chunky shades of blonde and brown. It had also somehow become tailbone length and curlier, but that kinda made it worse - that my hair had become just the way I wanted it to be, and then they ruined it by bleaching it!

I even tried suing them, but the judge ruled in favour of the hairdresser. Because they're an "artist", and they should be able to do what they want with their "canvas". o.O The rest of the dream was spent trying to fix my hair with henndigo.

I was very happy when I woke up (though a little sad that my hair isn't tailbone length after all). Gah. *shudder*

Ryanne
November 29th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I once had a dream that my hair fell out.

jera
November 29th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I dream about my hair and other people's hair all the time. Everything from being bald to having the flowing knee length tresses I'm trying to achieve. My friends and boyfriends all have long hair in my dreams, :) while my adversaries lose theirs.:demon:

But what does this have to say about us as people? How obsessed are we? I mean, I know I'm a shallow as a puddle on a hot June day when it comes to hair, but it looks like I've more than met my match here. Well, this is the LHC sooo.... if you don't like it don't come here. ;)

Boots
November 29th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I dream about my hair and other people's hair all the time. Everything from being bald to having the flowing knee length tresses I'm trying to achieve. My friends and boyfriends all have long hair in my dreams, :) while my adversaries lose theirs.:demon:

But what does this have to say about us as people? How obsessed are we? I mean, I know I'm a shallow as a puddle on a hot June day when it comes to hair, but it looks like I've more than met my match here. Well, this is the LHC sooo.... if you don't like it don't come here. ;)

It's trauma! As a child my family always wanted to cyt off my waist length hair and I had reocurring nightmares about it.

Katahdin
November 29th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Just last night I had a very strange dream...

My mom and I moved very suddenly to a new house just five minutes walking distance away from our old place. It was night time, and half our stuff was still at the old place, so I decided to walk over and get something. There had been an article in the newspaper earlier that day about a sixty-something mute woman with classic length hair who was attacked. Three men forced her to the ground and cut a fringe into her hair. (The article got the front page of the Vancouver Sun)

I was coming out of my place with a box of stuff, and there were the three men that had cut the womans hair! One of them pulled out a BB gun, and I ran back home. For some reason they didn't chase me, and when I got home I was fine. I just turned on the TV and started watching Ellen DeGeneres, and then I woke up. :bigeyes:

jera
November 29th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I know what you mean, Boots. It was childhood trauma for me too. My mother always wanted to cut off my hair to control my behavior. Unfortunately she always succeeded. So, I'd lose my identity so often I hardly knew who I was. :o

It still hurts even after all these years.

PurpleAshes
November 29th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I dreamed I had blowfried my hair and all of it was falling out :( Horrible

sahiba
December 1st, 2008, 03:06 AM
I have never had a hair dream ,good or bad , but reading some of them is pretty shocking.

winter_star
December 1st, 2008, 04:00 AM
Ok, I had the wierdest dream last night. I was swimming in a gigantic pond with a close friend in India (which then turned into the middle of London) where I bumped into Alanis Morissette (my hair and music idol). We all went shopping for beads and then went back for another swim. My hair started growing very long in front of my eyes and weaved itself into two braids with huge, floppy curls on the ends. Alanis Morisette touched my hair an commented on how incredibly beautiful and long it was... needless to say I was very happy!

What a strange dream and yet a little creepy too! But all up very pleasent...

DecafJane
December 1st, 2008, 04:52 AM
These days I keep having recurring dreams that my hair is LONG and lovely. It is tough to wake up. ;)

Hatsumomo
December 1st, 2008, 05:04 AM
I had a dream the other night that I had my hair cut really short only it didn't look like my hair....my hairline was way higher than usual and the hair was very fine and mousey and about an inch long.....I have no idea what the motives where but it wasn't a fun dream :(

Amoretti
December 1st, 2008, 05:57 AM
I had a dream the other night where I cut my OWN hair up to chin length. LOL. I recently got bangs so that must have influenced it.

Anyway, in the dream I was trying to convince myself that chin length hair was what I really wanted and trying to brainwash myself into believing it. I was holding back the tears all the time while looking at it in the mirror. LOL.

Thern I woke up and realized I hadn't cut it and was soooooo relieved! :D

Robbi Dehlinger
December 1st, 2008, 06:01 AM
OMG!

That's awful just be thankful it was not true!

Curlsgirl
December 1st, 2008, 08:35 AM
I know what you mean, Boots. It was childhood trauma for me too. My mother always wanted to cut off my hair to control my behavior. Unfortunately she always succeeded. So, I'd lose my identity so often I hardly knew who I was. :o

It still hurts even after all these years.

{{{{{{{JERA}}}}}}}

Robbi Dehlinger
December 1st, 2008, 10:59 PM
I used to dream I had long hair and was sooo disappointed when I woke up and it was just a dream?

Well, it is growing and I hope I do NOT have haircut dreams??

SaveTheTapirs
December 20th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I had a dream the other night that I got my hair cut to about shoulder length, because I guess I had forgotten that I was growing it out. I was so upset when I remembered, and I kept thinking about how long it would take me to get back to my previous length. It almost felt like a mistake I had made before, and I said to myself, "why do I keep doing this?!"I was relieved to wake up from that one.

Demetrue
December 20th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I usually dream that it's grown back again, and I'm so happy. Then I wake up and realize it's still short - waaaaaah!

Robbi Dehlinger
December 20th, 2008, 11:00 PM
I usually dream that it's grown back again, and I'm so happy. Then I wake up and realize it's still short - waaaaaah!

I dream it has gorwn very long and wake up disappointed:(

Paliele
February 23rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
So the other night I dreamed that I was in the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror and I had tailbone-length hair. I said, "What is all this? This isn't my hair!" and started pulling it out. It didn't pull out at the roots, but in the middle like it was a bunch of loose hairs overlapping with the attached hair. When I had pulled all the loose hair out my hair was BSL, about five or six inches longer than it was before I pixied it. (Currently my hair is between chin and shoulder). I immediately felt better and said, "Ah, there's my real hair."

What do you think it means? My long-term goal is TBL, does this mean I'll never make it? Is it just because I've kept my hair a little longer than shoulder length my whole life, and the longer hair wasn't familiar?

turtlelover
February 26th, 2009, 10:18 PM
I've had hair dreams. Usually, it involves my hair being longer than it actually is, and I wake up disappointed. Occasionally, I'll dream about g4tting a REALLY bad haircut, and wake up happy that it didn't happen. I also have weird dreams about my teeth falling out! What is up with THAT???

birthmarkie
March 4th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or on the friendship board, but I need to vent! I've been having pretty vivid dreams lately and I regret remembering last night's dream this morning: DBF was giving me a trim and just kept trimming and kept saying he wasn't finished yet. By the end, I looked at the back and realized he had given me a layered bob/shag, which while it looked fine, was a FOOT shorter than my hair is now!

I know this would never happen IRL of course, but I remember being so freaked out in the dream...it was the worst feeling. I think it might have to do with me letting him trim off an inch last month, for the first time. It was a great trim and I am thrilled with how well it went. Maybe my dream was a reflection on that, but taken way too far.

I told him about it and we joked that he is Edward Scissorhands. Still, the dream sends shivers through me.

LinearChaos
March 4th, 2009, 02:54 PM
The worst part is when the hair dresser just decides on her own that you should loose a few inches. yeah...I do it myself from now on.

It was just a dream, thank goodness. You'll be ok :)

Coriander
March 4th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Ohhh yeah. The "just a bit more" dream. I've had those myself!!

Hey, it's Johnny Depp though ;)

Unofficial_Rose
March 4th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Could he have trimmed off a little too much in the past - this being what gives you the heebie-jeebies?

I had a recent nightmare that mine was cut into a short, layered bob, full of bleached streaks. No mystery there - that is the stupid thing I did to it last summer :( :rolleyes:

LinearChaos
March 4th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Could he have trimmed off a little too much in the past - this being what gives you the heebie-jeebies?

I had a recent nightmare that mine was cut into a short, layered bob, full of bleached streaks. No mystery there - that is the stupid thing I did to it last summer :( :rolleyes:

aww, hair regret nightmares are the worst!

Shanarana
March 4th, 2009, 03:35 PM
I can't count how many times I have woke up and feel to make sure my hair was still there.

birthmarkie
March 4th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Ohhh yeah. The "just a bit more" dream. I've had those myself!!

Hey, it's Johnny Depp though ;)

Oh, it's a dream type -- I didn't realize! It helps to categorize it and box it up. Maybe I'll even throw it off the imaginary mountain :D And yeah! I'll take the Johnny Depp part tonight! :laugh::sleep:

Unofficial_Rose, this is the first time he ever trimmed it, so it definitely isn't that he's done anything wrong in the past...

Thank you, everyone, for your support!!! :flowers:

joyfulmom4
March 4th, 2009, 05:13 PM
OMG, aren't those hair nightmares the worst??? I've had two of them in the last three weeks.

In the first one, I dreamed that I bleached half of my hair and then the next day, it was falling out in big clumps. I was paddling in a canoe down a whitewater rapids (how weird is that? I have never been whitewater canoeing) and my hair was being carried away on the water and I was paddling after it. I fell out of the canoe and was carried over a particularly scary rapids then finally wound up washed ashore with one half of my head completely bald and the other half fine.

The second dream, which was two nights ago, was much like your dream. I was getting my hair trimmed by someone (not sure who? a stylist?) and when it was done, I looked in the mirror and there I was with this curly, layered, feathered hairstyle reminiscent of my teens (think Jacqueline Smith in Charlie's Angels) and I looked all young and bubbly to match. I was admiring my youthful beauty and glamourous hair when all of a sudden I realized it had been cut back to BSL! I freaked out! I had BSL, layered hair with bangs and a style requiring high maintenance and curling irons. Yikes!

I am very interested in hearing everyone's hair nightmares. (Is that weird???) Anyone interested in interpreting dreams?

chelssix
March 4th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I've had a few. Mostly it's dye jobs gone bad, with breakage and regrets.

Monkey962
March 4th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Recently, I went to New Hampshire for some skiing with three friends of mine. One of them is the grandson of the couple who owns the little lake house we stayed at, and my other two friends were a dating couple. Out of all three of them, I have the longest hair by far (perhaps even if you combined their lengths, I'd still be ahead), and I had a paranoid suspicion that they might do something to it at night. This fear culminated into a sort of a nightmare one night. It was very short and kind of upsetting. I was sitting in a barber's chair almost like one of those awful makeover talk shows. I remember there being a few people around me, perhaps my friends, but I can't really remember what they looked like. I do remember that my hair was much longer than it is now, maybe to my knees or longer and it was very shiny and healthy looking, and actually somewhat red. It had been gently gathered into a ponytail, and I remember the people around me sort of joking around while I voiced the fact that I was having seconds thoughts and didn't want to go through with it, but they just went ahead. The scissors were just regular barber's scissors but they must have been very very sharp, because they cut through my hair in one snip. After that, I woke up. Given where my hair was ponytailed, I would have had a bob cut. :C

Heidi_234
March 5th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Those are the worse! I had a horrible one when I was breaking up with my ex, I dreamed I woke up in his bed, and discovered he hacked off my hair to the very base of the ponytail (I have never had my hair this short! Given my curls it would just look hideous!), and I freaked out, and I felt sick to my stomach and so humiliated. It was horrible, and I couldn't find him, and then I couldn't go out to the street to look for him because of my hair, I just looked so awful. I felt like he shaved my head entirely, so humiliated. :(
If it is "just hair", why does it make me feel like this? :nono:

scalawaggirl
March 5th, 2009, 05:19 AM
I'm not the best at dream interpretation but do think that in relation to the hair, specifically, it feels to me like you are losing a part of yourself that is very important - like an aspect of who you are is lost and that's why it's so traumatic.

My hair is an intrinsic part of my persona - having it cut off or losing it in a dream would have the same effect on me as what's been described here.

Are there any situations going on in your lives that somehow threaten who you are?

chelssix
March 6th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Maybe that could be it.
But, in the past, I have played the color-change game, and I swore that I was going to stop, so I think that that's where a lot of my dreams come from.

jera
March 6th, 2009, 01:46 AM
I'm not the best at dream interpretation but do think that in relation to the hair, specifically, it feels to me like you are losing a part of yourself that is very important - like an aspect of who you are is lost and that's why it's so traumatic.

My hair is an intrinsic part of my persona - having it cut off or losing it in a dream would have the same effect on me as what's been described here.

Are there any situations going on in your lives that somehow threaten who you are?

I hate hairmares too. scalawaggirl, you're just like me. My hair is so much a part of my personality and self perception. Nobody ever understood this until I found LHC. At least we can all share with each other. I mean, who else would so completely understand a hairmare?? :o

janeytilllie
March 6th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Hair nightmares are bad :( I had one last night.

I dreamt I was in college and I was sitting listening to the teacher and one of the girls chopped my hair off into a bob!!!!!! My long hair feel to the floor and a black bird flew through the window and collected my hair and made a nest! lol very weird dream.

I woke and felt my hair to make sure it was still there lol :)

birthmarkie
March 6th, 2009, 07:35 AM

Wow, you're good! That could definitely be it! I recently lost a major organ...

This story has a happy ending though. I feel like my hair is even longer now after that dream.

Everyone, I'm enjoying you sharing your dreams and thoughts. Thanks!

LadyLongLocks
March 6th, 2009, 08:12 AM
I have had lots of hair cut dreams! I hate those! I trim my hair myself now and recently had my SO trim it for me. He is the only one I trust now, other than myself.

In January of 2005 I asked my oldest son to trim it. I wanted about 3-4" and ended up losing 8".
This was quite a setback as I had just started my longer hair journey to knee length. I went from 44" to 36". At least it was now very blunt and thick at the ends.

In my dreams I just have short hair all of a sudden...I never know who cut it. Weird.

InTheCity
March 6th, 2009, 08:47 AM
I don't think I've ever had a hair nightmare. Until I read this post of course. ;) I was reading it the other night, later in the evening, and would't you know:

I had a dream that my hair was ear length, damaged, bleached blonde with hair slightly longer orange spotted hair in the back!

I was upset in the dream, thinking "but I thought I had healthy brown longer hair..." When I woke however, I thought it was pretty funny.

cowgirllong
March 6th, 2009, 03:38 PM
What a horrible dream! I can see how it would continue to haunt you into the daylight hours. For all of us here, it is our worst nightmare. Here's hoping, you only dream nice things about your hair!

turtlelover
March 6th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I can handle bad hair dreams. Even worse are the dreams where my teeth are falling out! HAHA

Laurenji
June 6th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Last night I dreamed that I was at a hair salon because I needed a trim, but I didn't realize that it was a salon that only did haircuts that were the short, super-dyed, helmet-y ones that you see on all the cosmetology girls. Once I realized it, they were already shampooing my hair and crowing over how nice it was going to look short.

When I woke up I had to check and make sure all my hair was still there. I was so relived when I realized it had only been a dream! :p

Fencai
July 2nd, 2009, 08:07 AM
So lately, Ive been having "good hair dreams! Dreaming that I was asleep and when I woke up my hair was waist length, or that it was gorgeous corn silk etc.
Well not last night!
Last night I dreamt that the Predator (yes the one from the movie!) was hunting me. He was trying to get my hair. And not only was he trying to hack it off and make it short, he wanted to scalp me and take it all!!!!
Needless to say, I doubt I'll be wearing "Predator Braids" anytime soon!!!
LOL!!!

Tap Dancer
July 2nd, 2009, 08:32 AM
After I spent most of the year growing my bangs out, I had a dream that a hairdresser cut some in again without me telling her to. She thought I'd look great with bangs. I told her I had bangs for almost 30 years and I had just grown them out. I was mad in that dream! Thank goodness I woke up, felt my hair, and discovered there were no bangs. :lol: I actually don't dream about my hair very often.

Tornerose
September 24th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Time tio kick this thread back to life...

I had a dream last night. It was my wedding day, and I was, with the help of my sister and a hired hairperson, trying to get my hair into a 40's-looking updo, wich would cut my lenght in half, in other to show off my dress, and some of the lenght.

For some reason it didn't work out, and i'm not quite sure how it happened, but by the end of it my hair was cut shoulderlenght with faceframing layers, and bleached. It looked apprximately like this (http://www.peggyzone.com/objectimg/peggyzone-sims3-donate-Fhair001-1-b.jpg). After that happened, I was running around in the haircolour isle at the store, just getting alot of boxes and feeling liberated because I could finally colour my hair...

QueenAnne'sLace
September 24th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I have these dreams every now and then. For me they signify something akin to an attack or defilement, like rape. I'm sure this is a common feeling: you wake up and frantically paw around to make sure it's still there then sigh and flop back down on the pillow.

Tangletizzy
September 24th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Ooh, thread revival! I'll join in!

I vaguely recall dreams similar to these, but can't specifically remember any one in particular.

On the other hand, I vividly remember having . . . not quite dreams, but waking nightmares, when I was very very small, maybe three or four. My mother had long, long dark hair, with medium/coarse strands. It was beautiful.

BUT.

One day I was in the bath, and she had forgotten to clean out a bunch of shed hairs in the drain. They floated up to the surface in a tangle and started coming toward me, and when I went to push them away they wrapped around my hand and wouldn't come off. I FREAKED. Those hairs were alive, somehow, and were coming after me to wrap around me and pull me down the drain.

After that, I had to inspect the tub very carefully before I got in, and would shriek, "A HAIR! A HAIR!" if I saw even the smallest strand anywhere nearby. My parents now suspect that these episodes were panic attacks, but they certainly just felt like the most horrible, life-threatening, heart-pounding nightmares I've ever had.

You'd think I wouldn't want to grow my hair after that, but here I am anyway. :) . . . I still don't like hair that isn't attached to its original owner, though.

Olivia23
September 24th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I've posted this on another thread but I dreamed the other night that I was running my fingers through my hair and large chunks started coming out with it. I was terrified!!! When I woke up and realized it was a dream I was so relieved!!!

JamieRose
September 24th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I had a dream once that if you cut your hair to about an inch long, you could pull it out and stretch it long.... but you had to cut it super short first... then you could just yank it out of your head as far as you wanted! So I did it but all the new growth was a purple color.... hm.

ericthegreat
September 25th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Every now and again, I will have a dream where I'm sitting in stylist's chair against my will and the stylist will then shear off all my hair all the way up to my neck. I am powerless to stop this forced haircut, its like those alien abduction stories you hear where the abductee is paralyzed and forced to undergo painful medical experiments.

I often wonder what my subconscious is trying to tell me or more likely warn me about when I have these dreams. Somehow I just don't think these dreams are simply literal. I only hope that whatever they do mean, that in my real life I will be better able to handle myself than I did in my dreams.

BeatlesFanGirl
October 19th, 2009, 05:46 AM
I had a hair dream tonight. I was walking on the street and I had chin-length hair with bangs and actually it suited me :D (In reality it doesn't) Then I went to a hairdresser, a young lady, where my hair was APL/BSL. I wanted a trim but she cut 3 inches, almost to my shoulders. I was telling her that I'm very angry, because she did it without my permission. After that she told me she would dye my hair, I said no way, and why does she want to dye it, she said that she would want to find the perfect hair color for me. I was happy to wake up with my long hair on my head! :D

Ina
October 19th, 2009, 06:36 AM
A couple of days ago I had a really weird dream. In the dream I was bald on the top of my head, and I only had really long hair at the sides of my head. The hair was really black, and it was thin.
when I woke up I had to go check in the mirror, and fortunately it was only a bad dream.

InTheCity
October 19th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Ooh I totally had a dream the other night that a good one inch thick chunk of hair came out of my head (I think while taking out a ponytail holder.)

I know it's because I've recently been feeling really worried about having thin hair:

I got my first trim since starting to grow and went to a friend of a friend, the only stylist I trust. He was wonderful and cut off the 1/2" just like I wanted. But talking to my friend later, the stylist told her my hair was looking kind of thin. I haven't been shedding in any special amounts lately but I'm definitely looking differently at my hair having heard that comment. Can't shake it.

pinkbunny
October 19th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Years ago I had a dream that I was looking in the mirror and my hair had grown well past my shoulders - nice til it ended and I woke up with short hair again...

A few months ago, I had a nightmare that I was back with my (horrible) ex, and his bratty spoiled kid had cut my entire braid off in my sleep, so I was searching everywhere with every intention of committing a murder/suicide! I was so relieved to wake up...

I've also been awakened by my hair like a couple other posters on this thread - I keep it braided at night, and even wrap the end around the bottom of the braid with cloth ponytail holders to give it a curl. Sometimes when I turn over in my sleep I'll flip my braid out of my face with my hand and the end of it makes a loud "WHUMP!" noise on the bed.

vdhendrix
October 28th, 2009, 10:30 PM
lol the last time i had my hair cut (with layers and bangs) i turned out with a Garth(waynes world) hair cut, thats when i decided i was never getting it cut again

jasper
November 26th, 2009, 04:54 AM
I think I had this dream/ nightmare because I took a peep at this thread yesterday.
I was twisting my hair for an updo and the last 4 inches of the tail of it came off in my hand. In the dream, I tried not to worry about it, and kept trying to get my hair put up, but I was pulling off more and more chunks of hair from the end. It started to seem like hair balls coming off a cat. And then I stopped trying to put my hair up and asked my mom to look at it and to cut it evenly if the hem line was jagged. So she cut it to BSL, (it was close to waist) but the next part of the nightmare was that it looked so much better that way!

myrrhmaiden
November 26th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I once dreamed I had my hair cut in some strange style a bit like this: http://www.artybees.co.nz/bizarre-book-images/past-their-expiry-date/hair-care-eek-1.jpg

That link is going to give me nightmares! :eek:

Brianna
November 26th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Just last night I dreamed that I'd had my hair cut to about shoulder length because I was tired of growing out dye and wanted to just start over. Even in the dream I was regretting it so much! I was even posting about it here and was going to include pictures of everything. :p What can I say, LHC haunts my dreams...I was relieved to wake up with all my hair still on.

Anywhere
November 26th, 2009, 09:02 AM
I had a dream that I had around classic length hair last night. It was blue (I've wanted to dye my whole head blue for over a year now, but "normal people don't have blue hair, and we're normal people"-mom). I cut off about a foot, and had nice thick ends at about waist length (where my hair is now) and no layers! It was exciting. :)

ooo
November 26th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Currently I'm growing out my bangs. So I dreamed I gut my bangs cut again. The second they got cut, I realized how stupid this is. So I told myself, that I can start growing them out again. Strangely I was able to convince myself. :rolleyes:

Elenna
November 26th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I had a hair dream of getting my hair cut to shoulder length. I felt kind of sad. Then I woke up, nope, hair is still longish.

Wicked Princess
November 26th, 2009, 12:55 PM
The only real hair dream I've ever had was a couple nights ago.

I was swimming in this warm, smaller pool that was outside of a really pretty house (I didn't actually see the house, I just knew it was nice). It was nighttime, and cooler, so the steam from the pool was rising very gently. And I just lay there, floating, looking up at the stars. My hair was loose and I could feel the water playing with it, and it was like having a very gentle scalp massage. It was also as long as I am tall and although I never actually saw it, I knew that in the water it was splayed out like a giant, black fan.

It was a pretty nice dream!

jessie58
November 26th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Recently I dreamed that my hair was thinning and falling out and I could see my scalp in my dream. This really frightened me because I found this forum in real life because I was losing my hair. I've had major sheds that made me lose 1/3 of my hair, so when I woke up, I was panicky and kept thinking about that dream all day and for a few days after, anxiously looking in the mirror each day.

Robbi Dehlinger
November 27th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I dreamed I was in a wedding party and I was dressed in a LOVELY white formal!

But most of us were incredibly drunk and stupid. One lady accidentally called me a BOY:(

But I could see myself and tell that I was NOT drunk and looked fabulous, though I did not see how long my hair was:)

shortgoinglong
November 27th, 2009, 08:10 PM
I dream I have my long hair back again even though it's still short but that's a good dream and encourages me to grow. And btw, turtlelover, I dream about my teeth falling out too. I dream I am eating and start spitting out teeth. Weird huh?:(

JaneinMarch
November 27th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I had one Christmas day '07; my hair was to my butt in barrel curls, similar to Angelina Jolie's in Original Sin. I was also wearing my junior prom dress. I've had another in which it was a 2b wavy/wurly and it was tb length and free-flowing while I rode a horse across rolling hills.

halo_tightens
December 31st, 2009, 06:57 AM
I've had the usual hair dreams before, but never like this!

I looked in the mirror, and saw that my hair was bleached blonde and cut into a spiky pixie. I wasn't aware of the change until I saw it in the mirror, but when I saw it I immediately remembered having done it. I was shocked and appalled at myself for doing it, and I also screamed at DH for having allowed me to do it! I said, "You KNOW how hard I've been trying to grow out my hair-- HOW COULD YOU LET ME DO THIS??"

The thought then occurred to me that I might be having a hair dream! (This has never happened to me before in a hair dream.) I immediately started doing "reality tests," desperately hoping that I was indeed in a dream, but was devastated when everything checked out fine and normal.

Now, I've done a lot of experimenting with lucid dreaming, and I've successfully become lucid several times. Invariably, once the possibility occurs to me that I might be in a dream, I always realize that I AM. This time, though, no matter what I tried, I was still convinced that I was in waking life.

I knew that I probably wouldn't have the patience to go through all the stages of growing out again so soon after having already done it, so I really thought my dream of having long hair was gone for good. All that work and waiting-- all gone, all for nothing.

This was the first time I actually had to feel my head when I woke to find out if it was real. I was genuinely surprised to wake up, because I hadn't been able to tell that I was in a dream even when I tried! That's a little scary to me, in the context of the lucid dreams I've had. Even recognizing it as a possibility wasn't enough to snap me out of it, and that was very disorienting. Weird... :shrug:

DakarNick
December 31st, 2009, 08:15 AM
I've had the same dream about my fiancee's hair! Luckily her hair is still there when I wake up!

It was just a dream, and it is even scarier when something you've worked so hard for is taken away.

Don't let it happen for real!

JenniferNoel
December 31st, 2009, 10:09 AM
I hate those dreams with a passion. Whenever I wake up from one, I go to the mirror and immediately start staring at my hair and making sure it's really all still there. I probably have those dreams more often because I've actually had waking-life hair-chopping/bleaching experiences, most from stress and related issues.
One of my dreams was really awful. I was in my bed trying to fall asleep, with my hair loose, and then it was like I suddenly woke up, and my hair fell off. Literally, the whole thing from ear length down, sitting on my pillow, completely detached. Then I actually woke up, and saw my hair on the pillow, started a bit of a panic, then soon realized it was still attached when I gave it a soft yank. :run:

Coriander
December 31st, 2009, 10:32 AM
Yikes! I'm glad it was only a dream!

I've had dreams, too, in which I've colored my hair 20 times in one day, or shaved it off... :shudder:

Crown of Glory
December 31st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Good grief! I've never had a hair dream before, and I guess I'm glad. Gee, how horrid! So sorry you had that. Wow, that IS scary!

Ravenwaves 88
February 27th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I had a bad hair dream last night.

As my hair was getting longer it was becoming unruly. Not just the normal knots and tangles or splits and dryness. My hair was coming alive and attaching to things, pulling at my scalp. It was laying in my face and covering my eyes.

I grabbed it and cut it to chin length. I felt so much better but I do remember feeling naked and sad. So weird.

VenusHalley
February 27th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Once I had a dream I was on America's Next Top Model... my makeover was some totally asymetrical cut (it reached to shoulder on one side, chin to on the other), it was blonde, but a lot off extensions for thickening were added... it had some purple highlights too. I woke up crying:D

Qamar
February 27th, 2010, 10:27 AM
I just dreamt that I asked a trusted hairdresser friend of mine to trim a half inch off my tailbone length hair and she cut it 4 inches to between waist and hip length. I was beside myself. As the dream was ending I was consoling myself with the thought that my hemline was at least thicker for the growing out again.

MissMandyElizab
February 27th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I once dreamed that I had to go to a fancy party and my mother told me I had to have a trim.I walked in to the shop ,in my dream,and the man that wanted to cut my hair kept saying "to much she has to much" and wouldn't let me see my reflection then in the dream i turned around and he had shaved me bald!!!!!!!! It was Horror!!!!!I woke up and had to look it was fine but i was reall worried about my sanity.

Robbi Dehlinger
February 27th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Eeeeeeeeek!

italianamama
February 28th, 2010, 01:23 AM
I had a hair nightmare a couple of weeks ago. For some reason I was really upset and I grabbed ALL of my hair and twisted it in my hand- then took a HUUUUGE knife and sliced it all off! I ended up with chin length hair (which is where I started three years ago). And needless to say, I was sooooo relieved to wake up with my hair intact and where it should be.

Bill D.
February 28th, 2010, 06:00 PM

Everyone has things or experiences that they highly value, whether it's a restored car, a beautiful garden well cared for, time spent in nature (for me), or whatever. It's not shallow to feel that way as long as one maintains overall balance and good values in one's life. Most of us here really value our long hair. The difference compared to other things people may value is that so many of us have lost our long hair at one point or another during our life, often in childhood as in your case, but also in adulthood.

So of course we're liable to have subconscious anxieties about losing our long hair, either because we already have sometime or because we've seen it happen to others so easily. It's OK to feel this way inside, as long as this fear of loss is a minor subconscious reaction and not an obsession. And it's normal for subconscious anxieties we aren't even aware of to crop up in our dreams.

I'm sure this is a common feeling: you wake up and frantically paw around to make sure it's still there then sigh and flop back down on the pillow.

I had long hair from age 16 to 23, in later years reaching to my waist. I used to dream that it had been cut short and I'd awake in a near-panic. I'd sit up in bed and stroke my long hair almost desperately, *so* relieved it was still there. Then I could contentedly fall back asleep, knowing it was but a dream.

i have had dreams where I cut, but by far the scariest was when my hair started falling out :shudder:

At age 19 my hair started thinning on the scalp line, and by the time I cut it at age 23 (to help in my job search after I left college) it had thinned a lot on top. For the next part of my life I had occasional dreams where my advancing baldness had suddenly moved far ahead and I'd have only scattered thin wisps of short hair on my head. Only now I could not wake up to long, thick hair on my head, just to short thinning hair that at least was nowhere near as bad as in the dream.

Another dream I've had, both in those days and since I grew my thin (but now stabilized) hair somewhat long again, is the opposite of the old ones when I had long hair in reality and short hair in the dreams. In these more recent dreams, I become aware that I suddenly have beautiful, soft hair to my waist or even my tailbone. It's also thick again like it used to be, only now it's thick all the way to the ends which means it'll still grow a lot longer. I'm so happy in these dreams, especially because in these dreams I *know* for sure that this is real and not a dream! Sigh....

The one other kind of long hair dream I have had in recent years is of women with long hair. Once I dreamed of a princess-like woman with hair at least 10 feet long.

Just a few days ago I picked up a Newsweek magazine (in a dream, of course) and read about a "Festival of Long Hair" that had happened in Hong Kong last year, complete with photos showing young women with thigh to knee-length hair. There also was text explaining that this is how long hair develops, and stated as if such long hair were nothing remarkable. Of course there was no such festival, but it was nice to see long hair presented in a favorable light in the media... except that it was only a dream.

Maybe I'm missing Elizabeth. She's visiting her parents out of state for two weeks, and the females in the dream had hair just like hers!

Bill D.

Robbi Dehlinger
March 1st, 2010, 12:03 AM
Everyone has things or experiences that they highly value, whether it's a restored car, a beautiful garden well cared for, time spent in nature (for me), or whatever. It's not shallow to feel that way as long as one maintains overall balance and good values in one's life. Most of us here really value our long hair. The difference compared to other things people may value is that so many of us have lost our long hair at one point or another during our life, often in childhood as in your case, but also in adulthood.

So of course we're liable to have subconscious anxieties about losing our long hair, either because we already have sometime or because we've seen it happen to others so easily. It's OK to feel this way inside, as long as this fear of loss is a minor subconscious reaction and not an obsession. And it's normal for subconscious anxieties we aren't even aware of to crop up in our dreams.

I had long hair from age 16 to 23, in later years reaching to my waist. I used to dream that it had been cut short and I'd awake in a near-panic. I'd sit up in bed and stroke my long hair almost desperately, *so* relieved it was still there. Then I could contentedly fall back asleep, knowing it was but a dream.

At age 19 my hair started thinning on the scalp line, and by the time I cut it at age 23 (to help in my job search after I left college) it had thinned a lot on top. For the next part of my life I had occasional dreams where my advancing baldness had suddenly moved far ahead and I'd have only scattered thin wisps of short hair on my head. Only now I could not wake up to long, thick hair on my head, just to short thinning hair that at least was nowhere near as bad as in the dream.

Another dream I've had, both in those days and since I grew my thin (but now stabilized) hair somewhat long again, is the opposite of the old ones when I had long hair in reality and short hair in the dreams. In these more recent dreams, I become aware that I suddenly have beautiful, soft hair to my waist or even my tailbone. It's also thick again like it used to be, only now it's thick all the way to the ends which means it'll still grow a lot longer. I'm so happy in these dreams, especially because in these dreams I *know* for sure that this is real and not a dream! Sigh....

The one other kind of long hair dream I have had in recent years is of women with long hair. Once I dreamed of a princess-like woman with hair at least 10 feet long.

Just a few days ago I picked up a Newsweek magazine (in a dream, of course) and read about a "Festival of Long Hair" that had happened in Hong Kong last year, complete with photos showing young women with thigh to knee-length hair. There also was text explaining that this is how long hair develops, and stated as if such long hair were nothing remarkable. Of course there was no such festival, but it was nice to see long hair presented in a favorable light in the media... except that it was only a dream.

Maybe I'm missing Elizabeth. She's visiting her parents out of state for two weeks, and the females in the dream had hair just like hers!

Bill D.

Bill:

She may call herself a Countess, but she IS a Princess:D

CrisDee
March 1st, 2010, 05:58 AM
I've only had a couple hair dreams in my life, and both of them were when my hair was very short (and I hated it), and in my dream my hair suddenly grew long and wavy. I remember having one of those dreams when I was about 6, had another a couple weeks ago. Maybe I'm reverting to being 6 again :D

Solange
March 1st, 2010, 04:23 PM
I see these hair dreams are quite common. I've had countless dreams in which I either chose to have my hair cut, or it is done against my will, and then I feel broken-hearted that my hair is gone and hope that it will grow back quickly. I wake up extremely relieved that my hair is still long. These dreams have prevented me from seriously considering having a big cut.

Interesting to see that some people who have not yet attained their goal length have those dreams in reverse: they dream they have long hair, then wake up disappointed. Hang in there until reality is better than the dream. :O)

kjirstiben
March 3rd, 2010, 01:06 AM
That's so funny! I didn't realize this was so common.

I have regular anxiety dreams about having just cut my hair to about BSL, or having dyed it to some awful color... Then I wake up with a sigh of relief.

Oddly, these seem to have replaced the old "have to take a final and somehow I missed the class all semester" dreams. Maybe now that I'm back in school I have to have anxiety dreams about something less probable???

halo_tightens
March 4th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Had another one last night!! Actually, I had all kinds of crazy dreams last night... but only one part was hair related.

I dreamed that for some reason I decided to use dye on my hair again instead of henna. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision, and I just slapped it on. I realized as soon as it was on my head that it wasn't at all the sort of color I wanted. It was a very dark reddish-brown, but I actually want my hair as red as possible (considering my medium-darkish starting color).

So, trying to make it better, I grabbed a bottle of developer and started slathering it on too, ON TOP of the dye that was still on my hair. I completely saturated my hair with the stuff, lol. I waited and waited, and my hair actually did turn into a lighter reddish-brown shade.

Then I started thinking that if I could get it light enough, I could then henna over it and get REALLY red hair. So I left the mostly-developer-dye-mixture on for even longer, and I finally ended up with a funny yellowish-brown color that was VERY ugly.

By this time I was extremely angry at myself for having touched dye in the first place after having gone all this time with just henna. I could feel how rough and damaged my hair was from all the chemicals, and I just gave up. I had to go around with this awful color, and I knew I'd have to cut off a lot of damaged length. I felt so stupid.

When I woke up, I was thrilled to realize that I hadn't actually done anything to my hair at all! It's still its normal mostly-undamaged, henna-red-brown shade, APL length self. Whew! :D

Of course I should have realized that it was a dream, lol. I really don't think that a little dark dye + tons of developer is going to make my hennaed hair go all yellowy-brown. I never did catch on, though, til I woke up!

CrisDee
March 4th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I did a google search on "dream meanings in hair cuts" and came up with some really interesting results. Turns out that hair dreams really have very little, if anything, to do with hair. They're more about power and control, change or the need to effect change. Of course these articles are written for "normal people," not us LHCers who spend so much time on these forums :D

emmabovary
March 4th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I dreamed a while back that I accidentally shampooed my hair (I do CO), just without realizing... There went all my hard work!

LorelaiAmethyst
March 4th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I had one that I was hennaing my hair (which I have no desire to do, nor have I ever done), right before an interview. Something happened with the henna, and the consistency wasn't quite right. So, I was trying to slather it on my hair, and it just wasn't working. One of the people interviewing me walked into the room, and said I had 45 minutes to be ready. So, I came to the conclusion of just putting all of the mixture in my hair, putting it in a bun, and going to the interview. Then, I woke up.

The interview is happening today, the henna is not. =P

aef231
March 4th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I've had my hair short for the past three and a half years now, from almost waist-length. I must've had a dozen dreams that my long hair was suddenly back. Finally gave in and am now growing it out, hopefully longer than before!!! :cheese:

ArienEllariel
March 19th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Just when I was to the point of smirking and saying to myself, "I doubt I'll ever have a hair related nightmare, I'm not that obsessed with my hair!"... I had my first one last night!

I drempt that my sister and best friend were over and we were hanging out and chatting on my bed. I was lying down and laughing about something and when I sat up, my friend gave me a horrified expression and said something about my hair. I looked down and apparently there were scissors :scissors: on the bed and I hadn't realized. Anywho, somehow I'd chopped several huge chucks out of my APL hair. I figured oh, it's not so bad (they were short from the feel, so I'd only need to trim to SL (I wasn't that devistated at the time). I'm not sure why I wasn't so upset but my sister and best friend were still sitting there fairly shocked.

A little while later, my mom and my aunt called from the other room about heading to an evening church service and I ran to the bathroom to see what could be done about my hair. Well... upon looking in the mirror I realized the damage was much more than I thought it was. I had large sections of hair that were no more than chin length if that and a few small bedraggled sections reaching shoulder length and arm pit length. It looked very much like what I once did to a barbie as a child. At that point in the dream I started screaming bloody murder and crying in agony. Oddly enough, no one came to see what was wrong.. I sat on the floor weeping and rocking back and forth holding myself as though someone had died. I was heartbroken and said something along the lines of, "Now I won't even be able to dress up as Alice in Wonderland for Haloween!!!! :wail:"<-- something I am actually planning on doing. Chin length hair is not a good look for me- think Lucy Pevensy from the BBC Narnia films. :shake: Shortly thereafter I woke up.

I was so so happy when I woke up and realized I had been dreaming! I was absolutely in anguish over my hair in my dream and it seemed so real and permanent at the time. *shiver* shudder: And here I was thinking I wasn't going to have any hair dreams!:blushing:

SunshineHair
March 19th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I dream a lot and in one night my dreams can have a lot of themes. So I forgot I dreamed about my hair till I was reading that post someone put about being protective of their hair...Then I remembered!!!

I was looking at my hair and for whatever reason picked up a chunk on the left side and cut off like 3 inches! I looked in the mirror and saw it was wayyyyy too much and I had to match it up so it was all about at the top of my shoulders...

In the dream I was super stressed about what I had just done :0 Dont you just hate those kinds!!!!

ravenreed
March 19th, 2010, 02:37 PM
This might sound weird, but when I have a dream about changing my hair, it usually means I am worried about a change in my life. I have no idea why, but it has been so since I was a kid.

tcheney91
March 19th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I recently had a dream where I was very frustrated about something and I ran my hands through my hair, and it started to fall out in huge chunks. At the time when I had the dream, I was really stressed about some things, so I think the dream was reflecting that.

Alcenaia
March 19th, 2010, 02:53 PM
My hair dreams have all been bad. I once dreamed I got a hideous bob. It looked terrible with my face and hair and I was horrified. I hate those dreams, definitely.

I want to have one of those hair dreams where my hair brushes the floor and I'm twirling 'round and 'round in some fairytale meadow with it swooshing around me and I have on an awesome dress and ahem anyway yes. :D

ArienEllariel
March 19th, 2010, 03:01 PM
My hair dreams have all been bad. I once dreamed I got a hideous bob. It looked terrible with my face and hair and I was horrified. I hate those dreams, definitely.

I want to have one of those hair dreams where my hair brushes the floor and I'm twirling 'round and 'round in some fairytale meadow with it swooshing around me and I have on an awesome dress and ahem anyway yes. :D

Me too. :D but noooo I had to have the crazy nightmare last night instead about chopping my hair to chin length! :mad:

SunshineHair
March 19th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I do have a lot of change happening right now!

Once I had a dream that my hair was so think and very long...But most are about losing my length blah...

I was in the store a few days ago and I was looking at my reflection in a weird mirror, the kind that if you move a certain way it makes you thin and long...You can imagine how long it made my hair look and I was moving in all different ways to look at it hehe!

lilravendark
March 19th, 2010, 05:12 PM
lol I had a dream this week where I don't know why for some reason I cut my hair to about jaw length and was very disappointed and counting how many months it would be before it grew back again, woke up and had to laugh :D

JenniferNoel
March 24th, 2010, 07:28 AM
I once had a dream that I shaved my whole head.
A very mean hairdresser who's name was Mr. Ed.
I woke with a fright in the middle of the night to find my hair still in bed.

Wanderer09
March 24th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Just had one where Harry Potter was having an emotional breakdown/fit of rage and was trying to cut off my braid! :mad:

Dreams_in_Pink
March 24th, 2010, 07:48 AM
I had a hair dream last night. My hair was somewhere between BSL and waist and 2x thicker than it is (and my hair's already very thick) it was salon-styled, straightened with flipping ends and layers. I was playing with my hair and trying to figure out how my hair got to look this way, it felt very real :D That was exactly how it looked before the big chop and i was very unhappy with the hair i had; i guess this dream was some kind of a "lesson" as to teach me to be grateful for what i've got...

Razor
March 24th, 2010, 07:50 AM
I have similar ones like that quite regularly.
Being someone who grew their hair out from a skinhead, I always have nightmares where I'll shave it all off cause I felt like it, then I end up really upset, usually waking up crying or whatever, then I feel my hair and im like, YEY Life is good :D, thank goodness that wasnt real :p

grmn-rpnzl
March 24th, 2010, 07:59 AM
I have just the opposite dream. I have very very short hair now that im trying to grow out, and in my dream my hair is long and beautiful then i wake up to my daymare- short hair :( lol

Purdy Bear
March 24th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Iv only just started dreaming about my hair, as I dont have any. Im in a University campus, in one of the shared bedrooms. There are four of us women, all with long hair, and we are doing our weekly meet. We spend a couple of hours creating updo's, braids and so on. One of the women is a brilliant jeweler, come accessory maker from ceramics, metals so we spend time ooohhing and ahhing over her new styles.

Other dreams in the series, I usually do dream this way, is of us women attending a Uni Rugby (a bit like American footie without the padding), with our hair spelling out words.

I look forward to dreaming, as they are so unusual and very inspiring.

ruffian
March 24th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Nice limerick. :D

melusine
March 24th, 2010, 09:17 AM
I've started dreaming about hair since joining this board :o *laughs* I had a dream two nights ago about my hair being removed from sections of my hair to be given to a balding older lady :eek:

Several years ago I had a dream once of my hair being braided into someone elses and then the connection between the hairs being cut which seemed pretty symbolic - and then strangely, the next day, that person had cut their longish hair short - :eek: mysterious!

kelly-j
March 30th, 2010, 11:41 PM
I had this horrible nightmare last night, and I was sooo relieved when I woke up and realized it was only a dream.:sleep:
For some reason I was at this salon for a hair cut. I remember that I thought it was strange beacause there will be no trims for me at all until 2011.
Anyway, I asked for a trim and the hair stylist seemed to understand what I asked for.
After she had been cutting for a while she showed me how much she had cut and wondered if I was satisfied? :scissors:
Satisfied?? She had cut off about 7 inches!!shudder:. I was in such a chock I just left the salon...
Then I woke up, and I canīt tell you how relieved I was finding out it was only a dream.:D

jera
March 31st, 2010, 01:18 AM
Oh I know exactly how you feel. Hairmares are terrible. Hairmares featuring sneaky, nasty, stylists are the worst. It is such a relief to wake from a dream like that, run your hands over your hair and sigh. "It was just a dream." :p

Rhiannon7
March 31st, 2010, 01:34 AM
What a horrible Hairmare! i have them sometimes and do feel so relieved when i wake up and realize it was just that.

Normally after one of those i pamper my hair even more, give it some tender, royal care just to make it know i will not be so mean to it as i was in my Hairmare. sometimes i wonder if my hair is actually giving me those bad dreams just to remind me to be nicer to it. ;)

AnitaThorn
March 31st, 2010, 02:30 AM
Aww! Sorry you had a nightmare. I've had them, too, so I feel ya!

BeatlesFanGirl
March 31st, 2010, 05:05 AM
I also had one tonight! :O I was kidnapped by some people (soldiers or something), and was transported to some kind of camp. There were women, who told me that they would cut my hair because I'll have no money in the camp to buy me hairtoys, so it's better if I cooperate and let them cut it short. My hair was in a bun, and I remember letting it down, and I was really upset and scared that they'd cut my long hair. While the woman went somewhere to get a pair of scissors, I ran away. I was running, soldiers were chasing me, and I found a restaurant full of people. I was hiding under a table and asked someone to rescue me. They were a couple, and they covered me with something, took me to their home and hid me. I was underneath a sofa, when soldiers came, but they didn't find me.

Last time I dreamt that I was at home, I grabbed a pair of scissors and started to cut my own hair, because I wanted a trendy haircut.

Karala
March 31st, 2010, 05:46 AM
I've had that dream so many times too, lol. I've also ended up with fugly hair cuts or colors ^^ what a relief when waking up, huh?
Unfortunately, I've also had similar experiences in real life... but now that I've stopped going to hairdressers, I've never had that happen again, not even in dreams!

MakeLoveNotWar
March 31st, 2010, 08:34 AM
I had one of these hair cutting nightmares once and because I slept with my hair in a bun, I woke and and flipped out when I felt my bare neck! Then I realized and calmed down :D

starlights
March 31st, 2010, 05:21 PM
hair nightmares are terrible... but least it makes you realise what you dont want for your hair...
i'd ignore it and continue appreciating the long locks you have :)

Sparkette
April 1st, 2010, 07:17 PM
I had a real life hair nightmare when I was ten. My Dad used to tease me by putting scissors up against my hair and pretending to cut it( this wasn't as mean as it sounds, I was usually only mildly annoyed 'cause I knew he was joking.) Then one day he misjudged where he had the scissors. :doh: I went from APL with fringe to APL, fringe, and a one inch section of cheekbone length hair on the left side of my face. Needless to say that was the end of that joke.:disgust:

rosek
April 3rd, 2010, 09:34 PM
I had a hair nightmare three nights ago as well! I was sitting on a couch, and picking up a few of my loose hairs (which I normally do, my family and boyfriend hate finding them everywhere). And the more I picked up, the more appeared on the couch! I had almost half my hair in my hand. I reached around the back of my head, and half my thickness was gone!

I was so upset I woke up, and grabbed my hair to check it was still there. I was so relieved to find it was a dream!

Narya
April 12th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I've had a hair dream tonight, and it was pretty stressing. I came back to my mother's home after some weird mammoth-boar hunt (that was really weird), and I had badly tangled hair full of leaves, and dirt, and twigs, so my mother told me I should cut it.

At first it did not seem a bad idea, so I went and showered first... and kept forgetting about rinsing. First I shampooed, got out of the shower, and my sister asked what was going on. I remembered, so back to the shower to rinse. Then I shampooed the roots and conditioned the ends, got out, and the same happened. Then I put conditioner (that looked a lot like henna, but golden like honey) only on my roots, and forgot again. Then conditioned all, and when I was out of the shower I decided that I might as well leave it there for a while.

And then it was when my mother got angry, because I could not go to the salon with that goop on my hair, so she tried to make me rinse it right then, and I started to freak out: I did not want to cut my hair! Well, anyway, I just wanted to do a microtrim, so I could do it myself at home, couldn't I? And there was great commotion, and shouts, and tears... until I woke up.

Curiously, I did not remember the dream at all until I logged in here.

Purdy Bear
April 12th, 2010, 06:42 AM
I dreamt of my hair yesterday. I was sitting for a photograph, in a part of Devon that I know well. I had luscious black BSL hair, looked great and had a huge smile over my face. The funny thing is, it included a photo I had, had taken at the same spot when I was in my late teens.

cmnt831
April 12th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Last night I dreamed that I was running around with my hair at the length it currently is, but with layers instead of one length. I got upset that the layers looked messy and chopped it off to neck length. I looked in the mirror to see the results and it still looked messy, only SHORT! I woke up in a cold sweat and found I still have my BSL+ non-layered hair. What a relief! ::Pets hair:: :p

jackiesjottings
April 12th, 2010, 08:03 AM
I've had a few where I dreamt I had had all my hair cut off and was so glad to wake and find it was just a dream.

Nilithyana
April 12th, 2010, 08:23 AM
I have a recurring dream where my hair is hacked off. I always wake up feeling it to makes sure it's still there. I hate those nightmares...

Pallas
April 14th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Worse than nightmares even, are the good hairdreams. For me at least.

Sometimes I have this dream where I have BEAUTIFUL LONG AND THICK hair. Like, more beautiful than a Disney princess, you know? Sometimes my dreams isn't even ABOUT my hair, but it's still in there. And then I wake up and feel that I have about 1/9 of the hair in my dream -_-

I don't usually go around scrutinizing my hair in front of a mirror, but after such a dream my self esteem has just dropped about 60&#37; XD

tokidokichi
April 18th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I had a dream last night where three or four girls that I didn't particularly like in high school all had long hair. My hair was the same length as it is in real life. I was really nice to them saying things like "you're hair is almost at your hip, it's so long and pretty!" very strange o_O haha.

Garnet66
April 18th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I rarely have hair dreams/nightmares. I had one a few nights ago that frightened me. I had really long, pretty hair (dark, almost black for some reason) and all of a sudden it started falling out in chunks. Eeek, a very strange dream, I was more upset about it than I thought I would be.

JenniferNoel
April 18th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I had an awful dream the other day that my hair kept growing shorter and by the end of the night it was neck length. :p
I also have a recurring dream that I try to wash sea water out of my hair in a kitchen sink in some half-outdoors place on the water, but the sink water has some weird chemical that turns my hair in to these weird brown and tan beads of all different sizes, and they feel nasty and hard and won't come out.

sunshine-locks
April 19th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Eep. Had a dream last month i think, where i was playing with my hair, then got really stressed and started pulling full handfulls out! :O

Sammich
April 19th, 2010, 04:48 AM
I had a nightmare ages ago, I had my desired hair length... When I went to comb it with a peaceful smile on my face, my hair over my shoulder...it all fell out! :p
I woke up right after and felt very heartbroken. o.o
I hate how dreams can affect your emotions in the weirdest ways, even if it's a hilariously random dream, you can get very sad, heartbroken feelings.

julliams
April 19th, 2010, 05:01 AM
My latest hair dream was me waking up, looking at my hair from the back in the mirror and discovering that I had made goal overnight. There were heaps of layers though and my hair was blonde which was weird. I was really happy in the dream.

AlleyKitten
April 27th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Ugh, I had a hair nightmare last night. Some guy cut big chunks off the bottom of my hair, but left one long section in the middle. I had to get DH to cut that part so it was all even, and he did it with just one big chop of the scissors, which was horrible. Then I felt my hair and it was back at barely tailbone! I was so upset! I definitely had to feel my hair when I woke up to make sure it was still there.

katze666
April 28th, 2010, 08:55 AM
In one hair dream i had my hair orange and really short, i was in front of the mirror like: "oh my god, what&#180;s this i have in my head?"

ohiofritty
April 28th, 2010, 09:02 AM
I had a dream last night in which I discovered I had bangs again. I remember being really irritated with an 'ugh now I have to grow these out again' feeling.

naereid
April 29th, 2010, 02:38 AM
I dreamt that my hairdresser came to my apartment for a little trim. She said "okay... here's what we're gonna do" and cut a strand to chin length!

Surprisingly enough I didn't react politely, instead throwing her out and telling her to get the hell out of my sight and that I never want to see her again. :grnbiggri

-j-
May 6th, 2010, 11:35 PM
I had the most wonderful hair dream last night!

My hair was really long again. When I looked into the mirror, I started noticing a couple of gray hairs among my dark hair. When I started searching, I noticed that my hair underneath the top layers was completely white. And by this time, many many hairs on the top were gray, too.

I loved my salt & pepper hair so much! I was very enthusiastic about it and run to tell my boyfriend, that I finally got my first gray hairs! :heartbeat:joy:

(still waiting in real life)

I have hair dreams very often. Ever since I cut it in Feb 2009, Iīve been dreaming of having long hair again.

ArienEllariel
May 13th, 2010, 10:51 AM
I had another horrible dream last night. I was S&Ding and somhow cut out a huge chunk of hair at a little above shoulder length on the left side of my head. I was devistated and started crying because I knew that it couldn't be hidden and I would have to chop the rest that short to match.. I was so relieved this morning when I found out that I hadn't cut off my hair.. It would take a year to get back to APL again. *sigh* My dreams like to torment me by getting rid of my progress. The only consolation in my dream was that a lot of damage would be gone. But at the same time I wouldn't be able to put my hair in a ponytail or braid it.. -.-

grrr go away bad hair dreams! Why can't I have nice hair dreams like other people and dream that my hair has grown really long?? D:<

mattt
May 13th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Last week I had a dream I had long hair again, and I just started growing it out after about 2 years with it short. I got really excited, but then I woke up.

Fethenwen
May 14th, 2010, 12:27 AM
Oh good lord! I had such a horrible and realistic nightmare.
I dreamt that I was at a shopping mall and went there to see a hairdresser, just to sort of get a little cut. Well, she chopped it short before I even had the time to say what I would have wanted her to do! AAAAAh the horribleness! She cut it to a sophisticated unsymmetrical bob, I looked really sleek and smug. I hate that look! :justy:

So rest of the dream was me crying and my boyfriend tried to comfort me. Almost three years of growing cut off in one chop, I was crying about my hair nearly being BSL and that in just a few years it would probably be super long. But now I have to start all over aagaaaaain :wail: I started thinking about buying a wig and wear it until my hair grows long again.

That wig thing is actually something I would consider doing in real life too if I would be in that same situation :p Thank God I still have my hair, long and strong!

C_Bookworm
May 14th, 2010, 12:35 AM
I dreamed last night that I decided to put highlights in my hair. I went in the bathroom, poured hydrogen peroxide all over my head, and then washed it out. I had highlights, but they were glowing a bright blue color. I went in the bedroom to show my husband, and he told me that was what I got for putting highlights on top of indigo.
I woke up still trying to figure out if I could fix it with henna.

Dreams_in_Pink
May 14th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Last night in my dream, i looked at the mirror and my hair was between BSL and waist. i said to myself "wow, the vitamins i'm taking really worked!" :D

I knew it was a dream when i woke up. :(

sunshine-locks
May 14th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Ohh, had a terrible one where my DBF dumped me for another girl, And i went home and sat in front of a mirror, just brushing and brushing my hair, clumps kept falling out, Then i pulled out my scissors and chopped it all off, saw i was nearly bald and broke down in tears.

morecowbell
May 14th, 2010, 07:14 AM
This is a first for me! I finally had a hair dream (after being mildly obsessed for 5+ months)! :cheese:
I dreamed that I was talking to DBF and suddenly noticed that my hair was hip length! I was like "Omg, Andy! Look at how long my hair got so quickly!" :D

And then I woke up. :)

Garnet66
May 14th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I had my very first good hair dream. I was looking in the mirror to see the back of my hair. It was tailbone length with gorgeous highlights and curly at the ends. It was stunning. I just kept staring at it, I couldn't believe it was so long. I was disappointed when i woke up. Since that dream I've been contemplating extending my goal length.

JenniferNoel
May 14th, 2010, 08:31 PM
A couple nights ago I had waist length hair, exactly the way I want my hair to look. And I was used to it in the dream, as if nothing really was different from the usual. How awesome.

May
May 14th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I've had dreams where someone has tried to pull my hair but I will narrowly escape. I frequently dream about running from someone or something...or that I'm being chased.

-simply Venus-
May 14th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I've only had one hair dream. It was when I was growing out my pixie, and it was at an awkuard ear-length stage, but it definitely was getting longer! First time in my life actually noticing my hair growing. I had a dream, and in the beginning of the dream it was already bob length, and then I pulled the curls straight and it was BSL length, and by the end of the dream it had grown to Waist. It was pretty awesome, I was excited that my hair had already grown that length and i didn't even realize it! But then I woke up, and I was a sad clam.

sibiryachka
May 17th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Recently I dreamed that I had reached not my goal length, but my goal henna shade! I was introduced to someone's Irish setter dog, and when I playfully draped my hair over her back, I found that it matched exactly. I was so excited, but immediately started worrying about "Now that I have it, how do I maintain it?":hmm:

JenniferNoel
May 18th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Last night I was sporting hip length, thick black hair with a heavy fringe. :cheese:

ravensinger13
May 18th, 2010, 09:54 AM
A couple of weeks ago I dreamed I had a mohawk again, but kept the length this time. I was sad when I woke up. I was also had my dream body, so that was disappointing too.

Themyst
May 18th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I woke up from a hair dream this morning. I was looking in the mirror and feeling my hair, and it was extremely thin - as if I lost more than half the volume and I knew it looked horrible and I would have to cut it and couldn't have long hair anymore.

I think I probably had this dream because my hair is close to knee length now, but when I wear it down, the ends are starting to look scraggly and I've been thinking of cutting it back a bit. :shrug:

Henrietta
May 18th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Sometimes I dream about having red hair. Even not long, as it will be long someday. But I won't have red hair when I wish I had. But in the dreams my face looks a little different, not as red...and, you know, it's a dream so I can't notice all changes. But anyway red hair suits me. Only in the dreams;)

naereid
May 19th, 2010, 12:33 AM
I got something different last night. :grnbiggri

I was at a store and saw a package of cassia. I was thrilled that I could try it out!
Pure cassia isn't available here, hence the excitement.

And the other night I had waist-length hair. Was in for quite a surprise when I woke up.

anna francesca
May 22nd, 2010, 12:27 PM
Yesterday night I dreamt that I was trying to trim my hair and suddenly Id cut of a bunch to APL off from my BSL hair. I remember the horror :(

Pandora.
May 22nd, 2010, 01:14 PM
I have a lot of scary hair dreams.
I've had several where I've been bald, or I've only had like 4 strands of hair on my head.
I've also had a horrible hair dream where my sister once pulled a HUGE chunk of my hair out (and I mean HUGE), and yelled "HAHA your hair is falling out now!!" in an evil way. :(
OMG they're awful.

Iron0Maiden
May 22nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
I once had a dream that I was getting my hair done before a dance, and I wanted it curled. The lady doing my hair kept gagging and heaving. I was scared. the, she took a pair of scissiors and cut off a TON of my hair, then tried curling it, but it looked SOOOO bad. Then she threw up ALL over my hair.

Henrietta
May 23rd, 2010, 01:28 AM
This night I dreamed that I had TBL hair, straight ends. And someone cut it U-shape. It was weird because I want to have u-shape ends when I'll be at TBL and I have them like that now. But in the dream I didn't want it. I cried all the time. Weird. But having TBL hair was cool:)

Loepsie
May 23rd, 2010, 07:49 AM
I have hair related nightmares all the time =(
My hair always gets removed in a really weird way, for example I had this dream once where I was swimming in the ocean (bad enough, I'm affraid of deep-sea fish) and this giant fish came swimming towards me through the darkness and started eating my hair.

I also dreamt once that I was sitting behind my computer when I suddenly felt something tugging at my hair, I turned around to look and there was this creepy little doll that was pulling all my hair out. I woke up totally freaked out ><

And once I had this dream where I was participating in a triathlon and one of the 'tasks' was getting your hair cut as fast as possible. Well, you can imagine how that went...

I hate these dreams :P