PDA

View Full Version : Customize My Profile

ladiosaRosa
March 23rd, 2008, 02:32 PM
I have uploaded a background texture to my Album. Can someone tell me how to use it as the background in my Profile?

Thank you for your help.

aisling
March 23rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
User CP -> Customize profile. In the first box, named "Main" you see small boxes for text colour, background colour etc. In the end there is one named "Background image". You copy and paste the URL of your image into that box. You can then set the way the image shows up, is repeated, from the drop down menu.

To get the URL for your picture, go to your album (use quick links for example), open the right album, open the picture and then click with your right mouse button on the picture. A menu pops up and there you'll find something like "Copy image location" or similar (depends on your browser). Choose that and then you can paste the URL of your image as explained above. Right click and paste will work.

ladiosaRosa
March 23rd, 2008, 03:43 PM
Thank you, aisling.Your explanation is so clear and I followed it to a 'T' but I got this error message:

Main (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/profile.php?do=docustomize#usercss_main) has invalid properties: Background Image (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/profile.php?do=docustomize#main_background_image)
:(

ladiosaRosa
March 23rd, 2008, 03:48 PM
I thought I might have gotten the error message because I didn't delete clor#CCCCCC from 'Background Color'.....but now I did and still get the error message.

aisling
March 23rd, 2008, 04:04 PM
OK, I think I know what the problem is. I see a picture in your photo album that looks like a possible background picture. You can't link it from a normal album, you'll have to start a new one and make it a profile album. When you start a new album, there are 3 album type options:

Public
Private - Only visible to contacts and moderators
Profile - Pictures used to modify your profile style

It's the last option you'll have to use for your background picture.

HTH!

ladiosaRosa
March 23rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
OK, I think I know what the problem is. I see a picture in your photo album that looks like a possible background picture. You can't link it from a normal album, you'll have to start a new one and make it a profile album. When you start a new album, there are 3 album type options:

Public
Private - Only visible to contacts and moderators
Profile - Pictures used to modify your profile style

It's the last option you'll have to use for your background picture.

HTH!

Great......I'll go try it.

:pray:

ladiosaRosa
March 23rd, 2008, 04:15 PM
Thank you, aisling!!:flowers:......for guiding me through this techo-exercise.

I don't know if I like that background in my Profile....but I loved learning how to do it.

aisling
March 23rd, 2008, 04:27 PM
Yay, you made it! Now I can go to bed without wondering how it went (it's almost 12.30am here) :D

One thing I could add is that a bigger picture might work better, be less busy in a way and with less visible seams. It's pretty much trial and error, I think, it's hard to say what will work before you see it.

Shermie Girl
March 23rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Thank you gals for this thread! I was trying to change mine, add backgrounds and so forth and it just wasn't happening. Thanks to the instructions, here I got it done. :cheese:

ladiosaRosa
March 23rd, 2008, 07:20 PM
Yay, you made it! Now I can go to bed without wondering how it went (it's almost 12.30am here) :D

One thing I could add is that a bigger picture might work better, be less busy in a way and with less visible seams. It's pretty much trial and error, I think, it's hard to say what will work before you see it.

Yay!!!! Now I can sleep too. I know what you mean about the bigger picture. I will be experimenting. Sleep tight, aisling.

Thank you gals for this thread! I was trying to change mine, add backgrounds and so forth and it just wasn't happening. Thanks to the instructions, here I got it done. :cheese:
:hollie: Yay!!! I love when other members are helped by a post I've started. Hooray!!