PDA

View Full Version : When/if you wear your hair down, do you keep it in front or behind?

Priska
March 28th, 2024, 10:52 AM
I've somehow never even realized that you can have your locks on front side. I just saw a young woman having her hair like that and I just realized it looks totally different and beautiful that way...(that's also a way to make the face look thinner and hide double chin if that is needed ;) )

Must learn this!

Priska
March 28th, 2024, 10:55 AM
I also can't understand how people can resist the temptation to put their hair behind the ear when having hair like that, must learn that too... :confused:

fairy_hair
March 28th, 2024, 11:43 AM
Before LHC, I used to wear it down and at the front, now if I have it down I have it down the back mostly since I appreciate how it looks long at the back! But I agree, long hair hanging down the front can look really pretty. I have to resist the urge to make it look perfect because I find it looks better when fluffed up a little and not parted perfectly... I don't always like my hair down for some reason. Also any time I do, even at home for a moment, I don't know how anyone keeps their long hair down all the time for work etc, I got annoyed trying to plug a lamp into a socket on the floor because my hair just fell in my face and I just had to put it up in a bun immediately. It's a shame because I love my long hair down my back! Just it never stays there! :')

LongLocke
March 28th, 2024, 12:53 PM
My hair refuses to stay behind my ears, so I gave up. LOL

But I usually keep my hair running down my back as it helps keep it out of my face

cookies
March 28th, 2024, 03:25 PM
I keep mine on the front left side mostly. On the right I do tuck it lightly behind the ear and on the left where it falls I only tuck a tiny front section. Any different configuration won’t stay behind my ears, especially on wash day and the day after.
Having it on the back is more convenient but only if it would actually stay there :D now that I’m approaching waist this seems more doable, hopefully some more length/weight helps it stay put.

When air drying though I do keep it on my back and I do tuck it tightly behind my ears because I find that gives me some lovey face framing waves. If I don’t tuck it while drying, the face framing goes in crazy spirals that don’t look very flattering on me and with the rest of my texture.

lapis_lazuli
March 28th, 2024, 07:18 PM
When it was shorter (above classic length), I'd wear it in front. When I was younger, over both shoulders, later on all to one side with the very front strands tucked behind my ear. Now at floor length, on the rare occasion I wear it down, it's all behind my back if I'm walking, but I do still like to bring it all over my left shoulder when convenient.

Kat
March 28th, 2024, 08:55 PM
Behind. I absolutely do not have time for my hair to be in my way (which is why it's always pulled back).

fairy_hair
March 28th, 2024, 10:56 PM
Behind. I absolutely do not have time for my hair to be in my way (which is why it's always pulled back).

Hahha this made me laugh because same, I love my hair but life is too hectic for it to be down when I'm trying to do anything serious :rollin:

LongHairFaerie
March 28th, 2024, 11:23 PM

Ditto!

But when mine is down, it's in the back. In the front is just too crazy.

Priska
March 29th, 2024, 12:00 AM
I definitely keep my hair tied too when I'm working something, but when I go to some social event or just to the city center, shopping or to museum for example, and I want to look the best version of myself, I might leave my hair down. Even though I know I'll be resolving tangles later... ;)

Hairy-Fairy
March 29th, 2024, 12:14 AM
When I wear my hair out, it naturally falls some in the back, some in the front on either side. It's not long enough/heavy enough to stay all in the back if I put it there. I've always felt like my hair looks awkward from the back when all in the front, except if I'm wearing it in two braids. And it wouldn't stay in the front anyway, it's big enough that it doesn't get anchored by my shoulders and falls backwards.

Brandt
March 29th, 2024, 01:22 AM
I wear my hair down almost all the time. Without intervention, probably 60% falls in back and 40% falls in front (so 20% each side in front). Sometimes I will push all my hair back, but invariably some of it will go in front next time I lean my head forward. One thing noteworthy, my hair in front doesn't extend quite as far down (maybe 2 in/5 cm) as my hair in back, but that could just be due to the center growing point being more towards the back of my head.

foreveryours
March 29th, 2024, 08:25 AM
behind. I absolutely do not have time for my hair to be in my way (which is why it's always pulled back).

absolutely!

Chasemi
March 29th, 2024, 03:13 PM
It's often in front of my shoulders! I think it frames my face nicely!

Lady Winchester
March 29th, 2024, 03:14 PM

Same here, since the only time I have it down is when I'm washing it. Whether I'm going out, staying in, going to some family gathering, etc., I always have it pulled back in a ponytail like I usually do. I grow long hair for me, not for anybody else, so if I don't feel like showing it off, I won't (since it's my choice, not theirs).

floridaorchid
March 29th, 2024, 05:32 PM
Over one shoulder

Dark40
March 29th, 2024, 07:50 PM
I at times can keep my hair behind my ears but the majority of the times I wear some of my hair in both the front and back.

ETJ CURLS
March 30th, 2024, 07:31 AM
If I've straightened it, I tend to keep it all back (I cannot stand hair in my face) unless I'm 1. taking pics, or 2. sitting in a chair, because the strands get snagged like crazy, so then in front it goes.

Kat
March 30th, 2024, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I'd love to be able to wear my hair down-- I look WAY better with it down than pulled back (pulled back I look either like my hair is very short or like I'm bald-- neither of which suits me). But I just cannot have it in my way or have to fuss with it or worry about it. (I even have thought about cutting it significantly shorter-- like maybe BSL at the longest-- but still it would get in my way and I'd have to pull it back, at pretty much any length longer than, like, pixie {after all, part of the reason I started growing my hair after having chin-to-shoulder length for most of my life up until then was because I was sick of it in my face and wanted it at least long enough to tie back}... but then... I'd look like I have very short hair...)

Arciela
March 31st, 2024, 07:36 AM
I just let it stay wherever it wants, usually its got some in the back and some on each side in the front :flower:

Deborah
March 31st, 2024, 01:23 PM
I don't wear mine down, but when I did I always preferred that it stay behind my shoulders. It tended to get in my way.

spidermom
March 31st, 2024, 01:49 PM
I pretty much like it to the back unless I'm sitting down. I don't want to be grinding it against the back of the seat, so I try to remember to bring it forward. Sometimes I forget.

My hair doesn't stay to the back, though. It's always, ALWAYS falling forward with the slightest movement. I really prefer to have it braided and bunned. Out of sight, out of mind, until I'm in the mood for it.

Nefcerka
April 1st, 2024, 03:29 AM
I don´t wear my hair down, because it´s fine and it clings to everything in the most annoying way. And it´s thin, so if I bring all of my hair forward, yes, it looks good, but then I have nothing in the back and it just looks ridiculous. When I had shorter hair (shoulder length or less) and it hung around my face, it sort of looked good (not that I like it flapping around my face, not at all) but since it´s so thin and one of my ears stands out (away from head in an awkward angle), top of that ear peaks out from under my hair canopy and it´s just a disgusting look I´ve loathed ever since I was a kid.

Todd
April 1st, 2024, 07:06 AM
If I wear my hair in front, it tends to get snagged by everything I touch. Doors and the worst! Plus it's light and fine enough that just walking around creates enough of a breeze it soon spreads out and goes everywhere.

I will occasionally wear a hoodie or something and leave my hair out in front, but that is rare.

floridaorchid
April 1st, 2024, 05:35 PM
It's just down today. English braid with oil tomorrow

sarana
April 1st, 2024, 05:47 PM
I switch it up. If I want to look extra nice I wear it in the front, it hides the unevenness and thinness of my hemline. I'm a bit insecure about wearing it in the back nowadays for this reason, but I still do it sometimes. All to one side is also an option

Priska
April 1st, 2024, 05:53 PM
If I wear my hair in front, it tends to get snagged by everything I touch. Doors and the worst! Plus it's light and fine enough that just walking around creates enough of a breeze it soon spreads out and goes everywhere.

I will occasionally wear a hoodie or something and leave my hair out in front, but that is rare.

Yes I've noticed that with winter coats with hoodies girls usually keep their hair in front. I've never thought where my hair should be with winter coat (I have the hoodie too like most winter coats here). I guess it's somewhere :lol:

But yeah I guess this is mostly girls' habit, most adult women have their hair shorter or tied.

rosenester
April 1st, 2024, 07:22 PM
I often wear mine over each shoulder, since it falls this way anyways. I pull it over one shoulder sometimes, but it doesn’t stay this way naturally. Wearing over each shoulder, my hair doesn’t rub as much against scarves and collars, couch or car seat, and god forbid toilets. I like to see my hair, feel comforted with it over my front, and think it frames my face well.

I wear my hair down 2-3x a week at most, but sometimes go weeks wearing it up due to windy winter weather or summer heat. :flower:

MissHair
April 2nd, 2024, 02:45 AM
I wear it at the back when it's down and loose. Looks more classy. And people see it as short in the front and get surprised when they see the back of it.

ArtOfNoot
April 2nd, 2024, 11:55 AM
My grown out bangs make their way to the front and unfortunately those are the ones I fidget with. :rolleyes: They are the most damaged ends I have

mochichichi
April 3rd, 2024, 05:33 PM
I don't wear my hair down anymore, but when it's "down" in a braid or I'm putting around at home between bun and sleep I keep it behind my shoulders so it doesn't get into whatever I'm doing. If I'm out, I keep it in front so I can see it and keep track of it. I don't need my braid or ends getting caught on/in anything random, or worse having it wander off and annoying someone else that takes it out on my length.