PDA

View Full Version : Do You Use Hair Accessories for Other Things?

vanillacake
February 27th, 2024, 08:43 PM
Do you use hair accessories for things other than what they were meant for?

I bought a set of 3 stretchy headbands. Despite being lined with what appears to be hot glue, they slip off my head within a short amount of time. So I now use them as hair ties, they work great! I sometimes use claw clips to hold my towel in place over my shoulders while my hair air dries.

LittleQuill
February 28th, 2024, 12:10 AM
Oh, for sure. I've been known to do what you do with the cloth headbands; I've used claw clips to hold up wrapped towels, and hair ties for all manner of things, from tying back curtains, to tightening the waistband of pants and skirts when the elastic has had it but I'm not willing to throw them away yet. :p

LongHairFaerie
March 18th, 2024, 04:38 PM
I use a hair tie to keep the end of my belt from sticking out when I wear it with a dress. Sort of like a built-in belt loop.

Hairy-Fairy
March 18th, 2024, 08:26 PM
I use a hair tie to keep the end of my belt from sticking out when I wear it with a dress. Sort of like a built-in belt loop.

That's brilliant! I used to have a hard time finding belts that fit. Even if I punched extra holes, the end would always be way too long for the little loop. This would have been perfect!

fairy_hair
March 19th, 2024, 02:02 AM
I was going to say no, but then remembered I use an old hair tie I don't use anymore, to keep my lunchbox shut daily.... :D

Rainbouu
March 19th, 2024, 09:35 AM
I'll put hair ties around my phone so that if I pick it up mindlessly, I feel the spiral Chord, and it reminds me "You're trying to reduce screen time" if that makes sense. Just feeling that something different is there helps remind me.

lithostoic
March 19th, 2024, 09:21 PM
We use a claw clip to pin our bedroom window curtain back.

fairy_hair
March 22nd, 2024, 12:11 PM
We use a claw clip to pin our bedroom window curtain back.

Oh that's actually such a great idea! I have some clips that are pretty but either too small or just painful to wear now my hair is heavier. Maybe I will start using them to clip curtains back too! I bet there are lots of other ways to use them too...

Bright
March 23rd, 2024, 09:21 PM
I wear scrunchies on my wrists when I wash my face to keep the water from running down to my elbows.

LongHairFaerie
March 23rd, 2024, 10:24 PM
I wear scrunchies on my wrists when I wash my face to keep the water from running down to my elbows.

Oh my gosh, you're a GENIUS

spirals
March 23rd, 2024, 11:10 PM
I'm sure we've all used claw clips to close chip bags or hair ties to wrap around them.

Liz_H
March 24th, 2024, 03:55 AM
I sometimes use my Amish hair pins to close a bag of chips. If I roll the top down a few times, the hairpin slides down over the fold, and is snug enough to hold the bag together and not slip off. Truly a case of necessity is the mother of invention.

embee
March 24th, 2024, 05:53 AM
I use clothespins to close bags of chips and such, so not hair toys. But I *love* the idea of a scrunchie to keep the water from running down to my elbows, that's something I must try - if I can find my scrunchies.. I'm kinda afraid they wore out and I ditched them. :(

Messyhair
March 24th, 2024, 07:55 AM
I have a claw clip tying back my kitchen curtains. :D