PDA

View Full Version : Hair Regrowth- how to manage?

Darkhorse1
February 13th, 2024, 01:37 PM
Hi folks! I had to have emergency surgery two weeks before Christmas ( that was not on my Christmas Wish List ) Anyhow, I shed a ton of hair after. I have a lot so it just affected my thickness- which was almost too thick so all is good. Except now I have about two inches of regrowth and it sticks up :D Any ideas on how to tame them to lay flat? Mostly the side burn area is the issue. I can’t use any products near my face or scalp due to skin sensitivities - including oils so I’m trying to think of clips? But I think they are still too short for that.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 13th, 2024, 01:57 PM
Can you wear a headband? That could cover some of it for a while.

whin
February 13th, 2024, 04:32 PM
I have a bunch of hair sticking up that I think may be regrowth too, near the top of my head...due to post partum hair loss and regrowth. I usually don't notice it because I wear my head in a silk scarf...I tie my hair in a low pony tail and then put the silk scarf on my head. I didn't do this today and noticed I looked like a chia pet. I am hoping it is not breakage (LOL)
Anyway, get a 100% silk scarf and wrap your hair in it. It will lay down the baby hairs without any product.

Blessings !:)

shelomit
February 13th, 2024, 05:51 PM
A headband is what comes to my mind, too. Hope you are doing well post-surgery <3

ETJ CURLS
February 14th, 2024, 08:20 PM
I've heard good things about the bedhead wax stick when used in moderation.

Darkhorse1
February 15th, 2024, 02:29 PM
Thanks everyone- I can’t use a headband as it’s really at the sides in front of my ears. I think once it’s long enough to tuck behind my ears then a headband will work but right now it sticks straight out ��