PDA

View Full Version : Hair that likes shampoo

Hornet
February 5th, 2024, 01:35 PM
Does anyone elses hair like shampoo? Ive noticed less splits since ive started washing the ends and my hair looks better too. Most of the advice here is against washing the ends, so im curious

Andalusite
February 5th, 2024, 01:50 PM
Does your shampoo have silicone? Maybe it's coating the ends and making them look better. I think it's ok to listen what your hair asks. If your ends split less and looks better with shampoo, then it should be this way for you. For me, my hair is naturally very dry and I oil them before shower so water won't be harsh on it. And I don't shampoo the ends.

Ylva
February 5th, 2024, 01:55 PM
My hair likes frequent clarifying. I clarify my entire length every other or every third wash.

ETJ CURLS
February 5th, 2024, 07:42 PM
I've just finished experimenting with about a month of no shampoo and despite rinsing a lot and cowashing, the product buildup was insane, which made my hair start to feel gunky. A light, moisturising shampoo once a week seems to work best for my hair. I also avoid shampooing the ends on a regular basis, but I'll do a thorough deep clean every so often, especially if I plan to use heat at all.

LadyLongLocks
February 6th, 2024, 12:52 PM
My scalp likes shampoo but my length does NOT. I only use a tiny amount of shampoo on the length.

embee
February 6th, 2024, 05:13 PM
When I was young and "greasy" with a very oily scalp my hair loved shampoo. Otherwise it was just long strings, my mom called them rat-tails. :( When I had bangs I had to wash them morning and evening or they were a stringy mess.

Now I am old and my skin is dry. I've been able to move to NW/SO with a somewhat weekly scalp rinse when I shower. Never could have dreamed of that when young.