PDA

View Full Version : Stringy hair that clumps together

Hornet
January 9th, 2024, 01:57 PM
My hair only looks good immediately after brushing, then it just clumps up and looks stringy. It does this even right after washing with no product in it, so its not greasy. Any ways to get smooth non-clumpy hair?

Ylva
January 9th, 2024, 04:29 PM
Hair that has a little bit of texture, as in that's not strict straight, will do that. It's normal hair behaviour. Probably flat ironing is the only way to prevent that, but it's, of course, not good for the hair.

embee
January 9th, 2024, 04:55 PM
My hair does that too, and it's one reason I've appreciated an updo more and more.

Flat-ironing can help, but it also can make hair look.. flat-ironed - if it's not done very well. Tricky.

ETJ CURLS
January 9th, 2024, 07:08 PM
It does sound like you've got a bit of texture! Two things may help:

1. Try some wavy/curly routines and see what happens! :D 2. Using a good blowdryer on a low to cool setting, try roundbrushing your hair. That may smooth it out enough to your liking without risking heat damage.

GrazierGirl
January 9th, 2024, 09:03 PM
I have fine hair that is moody. You may want to try flaxseed gel, a light one rather than s thick one. Just put it on damp hair and srr what happens. It might be life changing. :)

Hornet
January 11th, 2024, 08:03 AM
It does sound like you've got a bit of texture! Two things may help:

1. Try some wavy/curly routines and see what happens! :D 2. Using a good blowdryer on a low to cool setting, try roundbrushing your hair. That may smooth it out enough to your liking without risking heat damage.
Ive tried a curly routine and while my hair will form waves when wet, it dries straight even with the pasta strainer diffusing technique. I didnt add any gel or anythung though, so maybe thats the problem. For the blowdryer and roundbrushing would i do that on wet or dry hair?

Hornet
January 11th, 2024, 08:05 AM
I have fine hair that is moody. You may want to try flaxseed gel, a light one rather than s thick one. Just put it on damp hair and srr what happens. It might be life changing. :)
What does flaxseed gel do? Ive heard its good but thats all i know about it

ETJ CURLS
January 11th, 2024, 09:08 AM
Ive tried a curly routine and while my hair will form waves when wet, it dries straight even with the pasta strainer diffusing technique. I didnt add any gel or anythung though, so maybe thats the problem. For the blowdryer and roundbrushing would i do that on wet or dry hair?

What does flaxseed gel do? Ive heard its good but thats all i know about it

The flaxseed gel can help hold the waves in place during the drying process.

For blowdrying, that should ALWAYS be done on wet/damp hair, never dry.

Two good online resources to check out would be Manes by Mell, and the Blowout Professor, both on youtube.