PDA

View Full Version : Almost mistook my first hair compliment for a cat call.

burns_erin
November 18th, 2008, 04:29 PM
So yesterday I was walking into a Chick-Fila (went to get DH a treat since he is laid up) and a man behind me hollered out. Since I was in a very bad mood I whipped around to give him a peice of my mind, and to my supprise he was then looking me straight in the face, so he could only have been looking at my hair. And he said "man you sure do have some pretty hair." Which is a very nice compliment under any terms, but especially comming from a big burly construction worker.

Anyone else had a similiar experience?

Ohio Sky
November 18th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I find that a little bit creepy, lol.

trolleypup
November 18th, 2008, 04:52 PM
So yesterday I was walking into a Chick-Fila (went to get DH a treat since he is laid up) and a man behind me hollered out. Since I was in a very bad mood I whipped around to give him a peice of my mind, and to my supprise he was then looking me straight in the face, so he could only have been looking at my hair. And he said "man you sure do have some pretty hair." Which is a very nice compliment under any terms, but especially comming from a big burly construction worker.

Anyone else had a similiar experience?
Yep!567890

lora410
November 18th, 2008, 04:59 PM
only by my fiancee. I can't wait to get public compliments; you are very lucky :D

Rain76
November 18th, 2008, 05:00 PM
no, not that I can remember, anyway.

Elainehali
November 18th, 2008, 05:07 PM
You do have some nice hair!

This construction worker sounds like he could use a lesson in the art of complement giving, though. :puke:

embee
November 18th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Aren't you lucky! Your hair *is* pretty, he was quite upfront about it and you don't report any further pushy comments or passes. So he "did good". :)

I hope you said Thank You!

Aisha25
November 18th, 2008, 05:39 PM
:lol: I would have loved to see your face when you were about to tell him off:D That is so sweet of him to say that... lucky you;)

Sammybunny711
November 18th, 2008, 06:16 PM
How is your husband doing!? Is he alright!?

skay
November 18th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Hi burns_erin,

What a nice and interesting thing to happen -- especially when you were in a bad mood. Sounds like it helped lift your spirits a little.

P.S. You certainly do have nice, thick healthy-looking hair!

Calanthe
November 18th, 2008, 10:49 PM
No, never. My co-worker sometimes asks: I wonder how you did that? (she sits right behind me) but that doesn't count as a compliment, I think.

But it's great when other folks start noticining your crowining glory in a positive way. Enjoy.

Carolyn
November 19th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Your hair is very lovely. I'm sure you'll be getting more compliments in the future. I know it had to have made your day.

burns_erin
November 19th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Yep, I was so surprised, but it was a nice compliment, and when I whipped around he did not seem to notice I was about to tell him off, he seemed to entranced by my swinging hair. And if he had said anything else I probably would have been creeped out but he left it at one so it was good. Sadly enough, in the demographics around here that was a pretty adept compliment. But it really made my day coming as it was on such a rough one. But DH is going to be ok if I can just get him to sit still.

embee
November 19th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Considering how hard it is to get nerve up to make a nice personal remark to a stranger, you're right, he did well.

I hope DH will take it easy a bit longer. He must be tremendously bored. You could teach him to knit? Or he can do a bit of wood carving? Or reading? So hard, when one is not prepared. If he'd known ahead, he could have laid in all sorts of stuff to do and read, but he didn't have time. Can you get magazines from the library? Popular Science or Popular Mechanics, or car magazines? There's bound to be *something*!

Beatnik Guy
November 19th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Sometimes I mess up compliments too, as it can be tough to talk coherently if your jaw is on the floor.

CopperHead
November 19th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I was walking by a man one day and he said something to me that I couldn't hear. I turned around and said "excuse me?" and he told me my hair was gorgeous and he loved it. I was sure to thank him and it made my day. :)

utdesertrunner
November 19th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Very sweet compliment. I don't think it was creepy at all. You do have very lovely hair :)