PDA

View Full Version : Someone else who has experience of these devils and hair eaters?

Priska
December 22nd, 2023, 10:29 AM
Screws.

https://img.aijaa.com/t/00785/15206839.t.jpg (https://aijaa.com/V30BOR)

They are all over. In doors, walls, buses and furniture. I've lost too many lovingly grown quality hairs to these. I know, that doesn't happen if you wear a protective hairstyle ;) and this is not any kind of serious complaining. ;) But you don't always have your hair up, for example if you wash or air dry or brush your hair (and right now i just must admire the great results from my movie star shampoo method :lol:) At least to me they are dangerous moments if I don't keep an eye on my hair then.

Or maybe i must think about my furniture again :neutral::?
Or then this is just the price of having your hair wildly loose.

ArtOfNoot
December 22nd, 2023, 11:57 AM
The screw covers on cheap-plastic school chairs are a nightmare too. I always shudder when I see long hair caught in them shudder:

BVU
December 22nd, 2023, 06:47 PM
To hell with them! :justy:

Nefcerka
December 23rd, 2023, 03:48 AM
I donīt have any of those devils around in my apartment and when outside I always wear a hair covering. But, what eats my hair (well, would, if I didnīt always have it up these days) are clothes. I mostly wear sports/outdoor clothes and thermo clothing and those fabrics just rip my strands in the most horrible way, as soon as any hair touches it. I have two particularly evil black winter shirts (that I wonīt replace, because they are so warm) that I almost always wear and I canīt even comb my hair while wearing them or Iīd loose a half of it. Sometimes I wish all my outfits were satin, just for the sake of hair, but I am not that girl who wears blouses, dresses, scarves and whatnot.

embee
December 23rd, 2023, 05:37 AM
My hair devil has been velcro. Even if my hair is up, velcro will find a way to snag it. :(

KokoroDragon
December 23rd, 2023, 07:38 PM
My chairs all have screws on the back of them, and my hair always gets caught while I'm air drying. It's certainly frustrating!

shelomit
December 24th, 2023, 05:06 AM
Devils indeed! For a long time the only chair that I owned was a wooden folding chair. The legs were affixed to the backrest of the chair with screws that hit at about waist-height on me when I sat in it. If I sat in it with my hair down, invariably some would catch on those stupid screws ) :<

Chasemi
December 24th, 2023, 03:34 PM
They used to be on school buses! Drove me crazy when I was younger

sarana
December 26th, 2023, 03:46 AM
My cup earphones (the hinges on them) eat up sooo much of my hair. I have visible breakage there I think