PDA

View Full Version : Somebody else who makes tomorrow's hairdo ready previous evening?..

Priska
December 7th, 2023, 03:04 PM
I have not done this yet but this is what I want to try. I absolutely have to save some time in the morning but I don't want to wake up any earlier than I already do. Maybe satin bonnet is here helpful? Any other tips? (Until now I have not made any decent hairdos in workday mornings and my hair is usually a mess, in winter time that's luckily ok at least as long as I keep a hat covering my head...)

neko_kawaii
December 7th, 2023, 04:07 PM
I've tried preserving beautiful braided styles under a silk cap with no success. My hair is fine and slips out and is a frizzy mess the next morning.

You may have better luck!

If you find that your hair escapes despite the cap, try learning some quick styles instead.

nicolezoie
December 7th, 2023, 07:25 PM
I do. Usually some kind of a bun or updo. And in the morning, a BBB to smooth back frizz.

ETJ CURLS
December 7th, 2023, 07:30 PM
I tend to create styles the day before, or even the week before, depending on what I'm trying to achieve. With curly hair, planning is generally necessary.

If you are planning a wavy/curly style, it's definitely helpful to try various overnight curling methods. You can use tools like rollers, socks, or flexi rods etc. to set your style over night, or your can french braid your hair to get a tousled style that you can wear down, up, or split the next day.

If you want to preserve a straight look, a go-to for some is wrapping the hair. There are a lot of video tutorials on youtube on how to correctly wrap hair overnight, and you should be able to shake it out, comb, and go the next day.

The key to both of these is tying the hair down at night. I'll be honest, I generally only use a bonnet because I get migraines otherwise, but if you can stand the tension, tie your hair down with a silk or satin scarf once you've set your style, and then cover with an extra bonnet or hair net if necessary.

All of this takes practice, so start experimenting with these methods on an evening where you don't necessarily have to look presentable the next day. Hopefully you'll find your go-to style!

lapushka
December 8th, 2023, 06:46 AM
Kinda depends on hairtype what you can and can't "prepare". If it's wavy/curly? Bonnet, shake loose, and mist a couple waves/curls to re-fresh if it has gone a tad frizzy, if not you're already out the door.

AmaryllisRed
December 8th, 2023, 08:16 AM
I've done this. I curl my hair Saturday evening for Sunday morning. Lots of hairspray and it usually relaxes the curls overnight so they don't look like Shirley Temple in the morning.