PDA

View Full Version : Do you dry your hair with towel before adding conditioner?

Priska
November 19th, 2023, 02:16 AM
... and have you noticed benefits from it? I wonder if I should start doing that... :confused: I just think that conditioner spreads easily in wet hair. Some people say that conditioner absorbs better after towel-drying.

Ylva
November 19th, 2023, 06:23 AM
I just squeeze through my hair so it’s not sopping wet. Like you, I find it easier to apply the product to wet hair, and I need less product. I’ve not noticed a difference in the results.

lapushka
November 19th, 2023, 06:47 AM
Nope. Waste of a perfectly good towel. :lol: I just wring it out, not like a rag (you will break strands), just put your hands around the (combined) tail, and squeeze, like milking a cow more like wringing out a rag! Don't do that, please. :(

Anyhooo, I just put the conditioner on the hair that is no longer dripping (my conditioner would run off my hair and wouldn't be able to soak).

Priska
November 19th, 2023, 10:32 AM
Thanks for answers! Yes it might be that I've heard this tip from conditioner sellers...;)

Greengable
November 19th, 2023, 12:53 PM
Nope. Waste of a perfectly good towel. :lol: I just wring it out, not like a rag (you will break strands), just put your hands around the (combined) tail, and squeeze, like milking a cow more like wringing out a rag! Don't do that, please. :(

Anyhooo, I just put the conditioner on the hair that is no longer dripping (my conditioner would run off my hair and wouldn't be able to soak).

Same here!

ETJ CURLS
November 19th, 2023, 06:31 PM
I always put my conditioner in soaking wet hair. Sometimes I add more water if I feel it's not spreading well enough. I will sometimes wring out my hair before adding my leave-in conditioner though, then I pop my hair in a towel until I'm ready to style.

Chasemi
November 19th, 2023, 08:07 PM
I also wring out my hair first, though sometimes I do a second round of conditioner and leave the hair wet

rosenester
November 19th, 2023, 08:24 PM
I wring my hair with a towel before a deposit dye or k18 treatment per instructions… for conditioner of any kind I gently squeeze excess water with my hands. Do conditioners recommend towel drying first on the label?

Priska
November 21st, 2023, 04:51 AM
I wring my hair with a towel before a deposit dye or k18 treatment per instructions… for conditioner of any kind I gently squeeze excess water with my hands. Do conditioners recommend towel drying first on the label?

Now when you asked, some of them actually do. The say "add the conditioner to towel-dry hair". But i don't believe they are any special hair gurus that give this recommendation anyway, it's just their idea...

spidermom
November 21st, 2023, 08:01 AM
I apply leave-in conditioner after my hair has been up in a flannel turban for awhile and all the drip has been absorbed.

rosenester
November 21st, 2023, 11:52 AM
Now when you asked, some of them actually do. The say "add the conditioner to towel-dry hair". But i don't believe they are any special hair gurus that give this recommendation anyway, it's just their idea...

I’ll be reading my conditioner bottles now, I have 3-4 different ones in my cabinet to look over :o I will continue to jist gently squeeze out excess water with my hands though. I get fine results that way :wink:

Arciela
November 22nd, 2023, 03:03 PM
My hair is wavy and it's best if I scrunch the conditioner into it while it's soaked. I notice I get very good results doing that. It absorbs it better and such.

angel-baby
November 26th, 2023, 05:34 PM
Nope. I gently squeeze the water out of my hair, then add the conditioner. All my styling products go on wet hair, too.