PDA

View Full Version : Does hair thickness relate to skin thickness?

RavagerRomance
November 7th, 2023, 08:56 AM
Do people with coarse hair have thicker skin than people with fine hair? I've noticed people with fine hair often have thin skin, like Gwyneth Paltrow. Whereas people with coarse hair have thick skin, like Gene Simmons. Why is this? Does it hold true for you? Thanks!

Greengable
November 7th, 2023, 02:13 PM
Yes this usually happens. According to Ayurveda, people with sensitive skin are more prone to alopecia and usually more blonde, and people who have oily skin tend to have more lubricated hair and thicker, Dry hair also corresponds more to dry skin..��

Bat
November 8th, 2023, 03:42 AM
Seems kind of legit my hair is low end a coarse iii and a tattooist said to me years ago that my skin was thick so had to put more pressure when doing my inkwork ( I love Tattoos but definitely not the pain)

Bri-Chan
November 8th, 2023, 05:06 AM
I have fine hair on the lower side of "ii" but my skin is pretty thick.

carinkla
February 4th, 2024, 09:27 AM
Ehm, not in my case I think. I have. thin overly sensitive skin but my hair type is normal and iii

Andalusite
February 5th, 2024, 11:02 AM
I feel like this is related to race as well. Some races have more thick skin (although they of course are people with thin skin too but talking generally) and they tend to have thick hair too, genetically. Not a rule but more of a common thing.

Rainbouu
February 5th, 2024, 11:35 AM
From what I understand, it can correlate but isn't always the case. With my hair removal clients, dry skin usually does mean dry hair, but their hairs can still be gaint and coarse. Dry skin can also become incredibly thick, because the outer layer of skin that we see is made up of cornified cells, and ultra dry skin that's not getting exfoliated can build up a lot. I myself have dry thinner skin (from medication) and fine hair, though my skin used to be average thickness.