PDA

View Full Version : List your hair goals for 2024

Bat
October 29th, 2023, 06:13 PM
The new year is approaching fast! so here is the new thread for next year!

My goals
As much Benign Neglect as possible I don't want to even think of my hair this year
I also really want to avoid any dye this year as well

Kingsdaughter
October 29th, 2023, 06:28 PM
Great thread idea! My goals:

Keep my long hair despite everyone telling me to cut it!

Do more buns and braids to prevent damage

Use some kind of diy hair treatment weekly

These goals are also subject to change;)

Bat
October 29th, 2023, 06:29 PM

you know its getting long when you get comments like that! keep up the great Work

Aerya
October 30th, 2023, 02:08 AM
- Keep growing, with trims every 6 months. I might have to reconsider the frequency of my trims as my hair gets past my "pain point" though - I'd much rather cut off a little bit more often than get irritated enough with my hair that I chop off more and regret it. But absolutely no bigger chops - I always come to regret them.
Edit: I am actually considering going for the full year with no trims, as an experiment. The point above still stands, but my routine has improved lately, and my ends are able to withstand more time without trims these days. I will do the first half year challenge and then decide whether to go the full year in summer. Of course, the point above still stands; if my ends get too bad, I’d rather trim a little when needed than push it so far I end up doing a regretful chop.

- Absolutely no peroxide-based dye.

- Wear more updos, and try different styles as my hair grows.

- Hopefully keep my current "benign neglect" mindset. It's really nice to not stress about hair.

- Length wise, I should reach hip sometime in Spring, and I would like to have my entire hemline solidly past hip by the end of the year. I have quite the distance to go to BCL and I don't think I will get there in a year, but I look forward to being solidly at lower back.

- Aquire more hair toys... I probably shouldn't put this as a goal considering my student budget, but ohhh I want the pretty hair sticks!

Ylva
October 30th, 2023, 03:57 AM
1. Keep growing out my natural hair and abstain from any bleaching and damage-inducing colouring.

2. Lead a healthy lifestyle: take care of nutrition, sleep, exercise, and stress management, and pursue my dreams.

3. Keep tracking my product usage through the use-it-up challenge and keep working through my stash. I should keep product purchases at a reasonable level.

4. Get rid of at least 5 cm of bleach. It doesn't really need to even be this much, since I only have about 10 cm left at longest, but I want to keep it somewhat strict in order to experience fully natural hair soon.
Decided to get rid of this goal as I already did a ~5 cm trim in late 2023 and I'm nearly done with all the bleach, so if I feel like growing longer, I want to let myself do that without needless removals of length. If I do decide to grow longer, the remaining bleach will get removed with occasional trims in due time.

Largely the same goals as the previous years... but they are getting lesser and lesser! It's getting progressively harder to come up with hair goals for myself. Perhaps as a possible extra goal, I can have the following:

4. Actually acquire a couple more simple (metal) hair sticks so I don't need to be so reliant on just this one I have at the moment.

Jonas
October 30th, 2023, 07:46 AM
- No trimming
- Stick to / develop a good routine that prevents breakage
- Would be so cool to learn how to support my waves better
- I would love to develop healthier sleep habits around going to bed and waking up
- Learn some comfy updos that look nice for work / going outside lol

momof3mary
October 30th, 2023, 08:37 AM
My goal is to get to a bob as quickly as possible, so no trimming until I can safely call the length at my face and ears a bob. After that we'll see. I estimate I need a year or a little over to accomplish this.

TatsuOni
October 30th, 2023, 08:44 AM
* Continue to microtrim
* S&D on a regular basis
* Learn/come up with new hairstyles
* Use all of my hairtoys and variate them more
* Continue to have fun with my hair

Lady Winchester
October 30th, 2023, 04:38 PM
None other than no trims until my birthday in late July. My last trim was in between four and six months ago and other than having to wait twice as long to get a trim when it was growing back from losing it to chemo, I usually get a trim in between six months and a year and a half. Not changing anything else, since I'm very low maintenance; wash it once (sometimes twice) a week with my usual anti-dandruff 2 in 1 shampoo plus conditioner, brush it out and detangle it gently by hand, let it air dry, brush it out and gently detangle by hand again, and put it back in a low loose ponytail. No deep conditioning treatments and no oils, since it doesn't really need it (sometimes less is better).

missmelaniem
October 30th, 2023, 05:32 PM
Mostly just to leave it alone meaning not color it, and I think I’m on a no trim challenge for the first half of 2024 so no trimming or cutting. I’d like to practice some new styles like space buns…. I really like the half up/half down with the half up part space buns. It’s kind of a youthful style but it might encourage me to wear it down more. I like funky styles like that anyway.

Also, I want to be on here more hoping it will help me stay focused on my no-trim.

ETJ CURLS
October 30th, 2023, 07:49 PM
My 2024 hair goals are as follows:

Reach waistlength and maintain that while growing out my layers
Opt for more subtle highlights to preserve the integrity of my hair
Experiment with more deep conditioners
Learn more bun styles
Handle my hair even more gently
Join the 6 month no trimming challenge.

If I'm able to hit all the other goals, I should be able to reach my first one!

Zindell
October 31st, 2023, 01:46 AM
- Grow out my natural haircolour
- Grow out my fringe which is at chin length right now
- Get an even APL lenght hair

jmrdelorean
October 31st, 2023, 07:49 AM
-learn how to keep my scalp happy.
-trim once in March (I have an event in April that I want nice hair for).
-learn how to S&D
-get to hip length. My hair is currently at waist length.
-continue my routine of benign neglect.

angel-baby
October 31st, 2023, 12:35 PM
♡ Keep up my wavy hair routine
♡ Keep following a capillary schedule
♡ No more color. I did two brunette glosses in 2023 to get my hair close to my natural color, and I accomplished that goal. Now I want to leave it alone.
♡ One salon trim every 6 months to maintain shape. I'll micro-trim in between if needed
♡ Get hair to mermaid length (below boobs)

rosenester
October 31st, 2023, 05:23 PM
~ Grow to hip length (if I don’t make it before the new year)

~ Maintain HL, with Feye’s Method for a U shape, maintain face framing layers, continue to grow out the widest corners of bangs while maintaining the center triangle of bangs

~ Trim as much bleach off as possible, at least 4” so the layer of hair growing from the nape is completely bleach-free

~ Figure out a trim schedule for every 4 months (rather than every 3 months currently)

~ Keep up with health: take vitamins (multi, fish oil, and vitamin D) and workout 3-5 days a week (whether it be pick up biking or weight training again or both)

~ Bun through the winter as much as possible & make more ear warmer headbands so I can have a ‘hat’ for warmth while keeping my hair protected in a bun.

~ Continue with hair routine that is working, rotating with ion hard water shampoo and head & shoulder’s, and rotating with deep conditioning, K18, and maria nilla toner followed by regular conditioner.

Für immer
November 1st, 2023, 02:16 PM
* reach BCL or proper TBL
* regular s&d
* trim max 2 ocassions during the year
* be mindful regarding the cold weather, and use moisturizing masks more often.

floridaorchid
November 1st, 2023, 02:30 PM
- Classic length
- no dye or bleach
- softening my hemline to a softer u, almost blunt.

mochichichi
November 1st, 2023, 05:30 PM
- Get two small (1") trims.
- Grow to mid thigh (and get on my way to knee?)
- Take all my progress photos
- Find another bun to introduce to my routine

Pragati Sinha
November 5th, 2023, 09:37 PM

Awesome ,mine also

Greengable
November 6th, 2023, 07:10 AM
My goals
Eat better
Make it reach the waist
Apply more plant masks
Protect my hair better
Take more pics
I think that's all

SandyBottom
November 6th, 2023, 07:09 PM
Continue with current care and maintenance routine
Improve on healthy eating
Experiment, learn, have fun!
Wear it loose (or at least down) more--I *really* enjoyed this the handful of times I did it this summer.

LongLocke
November 6th, 2023, 08:39 PM
This is the year I’ll learn to braid. I also want to start learning new up dos other than the nautilus. I think by mid-year, I should be solidly between hip and tailbone, so plenty of length to start learning new wraps

Kelp
November 8th, 2023, 11:06 AM
Here we go! :heartbeat

1. Call tailbone length.
2. Come to terms that my hair thinned considerably, and try not to worry about it too much.
3. Get back to leading a physically and spiritually healthier lifestyle and see how it affects my relationship with my hair.
4. Stay more consistent with products now that I've found a routine that works very well. Only introduce one product at a time if I really want to try something new.
5. Hear a comment or two about my hair length, just for fun ;D

Noctifer
November 9th, 2023, 05:11 AM
1 only giving myself a birthday trim.
2 make up my mind about the bangs, staying or going
3 using up my non vegan friendly stuff
4 getting back to CO.
5 after January only measure and length pictures every other month
6 keeping the hair dye to the already dyed parts, so I hopefully one day can get back to my natural color
Think thats about it.

Chasemi
November 9th, 2023, 05:46 AM
No trims until July 6th (only if needed)
Use protective styles overnight EVERY NIGHT
End the year at waist
Learn how to do 10 hairstyles
Keep it up challenge at least one week out if each month!
No colour, bleach, dye all year! (This would be the first time since 6th grade)
- Reduce damage as much as I can!

yvainee
November 9th, 2023, 11:05 AM
Reach waist length!
This should be fairly reasonable even if I add some microtrims. I want to gain back some of the thickness after my hairloss while still growing it out so I'm not sure yet if I want to do no trimming.

NymphSpirit
November 10th, 2023, 03:49 AM
Here we go! :heartbeat
3. Get back to leading a physically and spiritually healthier lifestyle and see how it affects my relationship with my hair.

This is really interesting! I'm not religious and not very spiritual either but I do feel admiration for buddhist detachment, a few years back I had a hard look at how much I struggle with it and realized how attached I am to my long hair, it's a huge part of my identity, how I see myself, so if I was to seriously start practicing detachment my hair would probably be one of the first things that'd have to go to really challenge myself :p

Kelp
November 10th, 2023, 02:01 PM
This is really interesting! I'm not religious and not very spiritual either but I do feel admiration for buddhist detachment, a few years back I had a hard look at how much I struggle with it and realized how attached I am to my long hair, it's a huge part of my identity, how I see myself, so if I was to seriously start practicing detachment my hair would probably be one of the first things that'd have to go to really challenge myself :p

That would be a challenging goal! I think if I were to practice detachment my hair would also be high on the list, but I've always fussed over my appearance so it would be one of many physical attributes :lol:

I'm hoping to come out of this journey with more appreciation for what I do have, than constantly worrying if I'm taking the best care of it, doing everything I can to keep it growing, comparing it to others, etc. Right now I don't mind being attached to my hair, but I want it to be something I'm proud of nurturing, rather than worrying about nurturing :heartbeat

constancev18
November 10th, 2023, 04:30 PM
Goals
-Eat healthier, drink more water, & exercise
-Actually take vitamins & supps for all 365dys of the yr
-Develop shampoo, moisture, ps schedule
-Stretch dying hair from 8 to 10wks & no trims
-2024 goal length: full bsl & partial wsl (4.5inches)

Hairy Mclary
November 13th, 2023, 05:26 AM
-no dye
-no heat at all
-get into a good washing schedule/ learn how to shampoo less
-retain as much length and health as possible :)

GoatLady
November 13th, 2023, 09:14 AM
~Trim right after the new year, to thicken up my hem, then no trims for the rest of 2024.
~Continue dyeing my roots with henna.
~Continue washing once or twice per week.
~Continue using a leave-in conditioner and oiling my ends, right after washing, on damp hair.
~Continue air drying, only.
~Continue wearing my hair in a bun 95% of the time.
~Continue sleeping in 2 braids and using a silk pillowcase.
~Be better about deep conditioning. Try to do so once per month.
~Be better about taking my hair vitamins and collagen.

Basically, I'll be continuing on the same path I followed this year. Lots of benign neglect. https://static.wixstatic.com/media/5833a5_7c24093676b948029e83a808186fc7d1~mv2.jpg

tuanyiji
November 13th, 2023, 11:18 AM
Very simple: continue my minimalistic hair care routine and practice benign negligence, try to live a better life that doesn’t really involve any important hair activity. If it reaches my knees by the end of 2024, I’d probably start micro trimming and maintaining at that milestone. If not, just let it continue to grow.

Dark40
November 13th, 2023, 12:14 PM
No trimming
Deep condition more often
Incorporate using up my hair product stash
Hoping to reach hip length during the summer
Basically, last years goals

lairiel
November 15th, 2023, 12:24 AM
1. Trim up to thicken hemline, once I reach BCL I think. I haven't decided for how long. I guess I'll just make a schedule, and however much growth happens, happens!
2. I would hope to reach 34" with trimming, which is 3 inches. Since I grew 8 inches last year with one trim, I think that's doable.
3. Wear my hair up more. This is where my hair stalled last time I grew it out, and I don't want to repeat. :(
4. Learn at least a new bun this year! It'll be easier now that it's longer.
If I think of more I'll add, but benign neglect worked great last year, so here's to hoping it works this year too!!

Nefcerka
November 16th, 2023, 04:04 AM
I decided I don´t want to set goals for my hair, because they feel like New Years resolutions to me and I just cannot know if I am able to stick with them. They feel too restrictive for me. I will keep doing what I´m doing with my hair and just let it grow. Yes, I have hopes that I might reach two new milestones in 2024 - TBL and possibly classic by the end of that year, but there is no telling if my hair will cooperate or not.
So my goal for 2024 is no fuss, let hair be.

foreveryours
November 16th, 2023, 05:09 AM
As usual

SIX MORE INCHES

but I'd settle this time for four :pretty_please: :p

DropStitches
November 18th, 2023, 02:55 AM
Pretty much keepin' on keepin' on.

- Maaaaybe reach BCL by the end of 2024 (which feels wild!)
- Continue hennaing my roots
- Continue mostly having my hair up, but occasionally enjoy having it down
- Maybe learn a new style or two, and get more comfortable with hair sticks/forks (I'm embarrassed to admit it here, but my hair is mostly up in a giant claw clip these days!)
- Consider trimming if it starts to feel straggly or tangly at the ends

cookies
November 20th, 2023, 10:41 AM
1. Get rid of the bleach! I think with some layers it may even be doable in January, if not I’ll try again in July;
2. Trim no more than twice (either do both no trim half year challenges, or the full year one, TBD on Jan 5th);
3. Pass hip length!
4. Keep up with hydration, nutrition and reconstruction so I don’t need to revive my hair again;
5. Find an updo that I find as flattering as having my hair down (setting myself up for failure with this one lol, but I’ll give it a shot)

I think that’s enough, let’s see how it goes :)

paulownia
November 20th, 2023, 11:36 AM
Let's see :D
1. Get to mid-back and go beyond.
2. Get rid of layers and grow out bangs.
3. Keep up with what works for my hair.
4. Trim not more often than once in 3 months.
5. Figure out what colour I want:eyebrows:

That should basically do.

Diana Prince
November 22nd, 2023, 09:40 AM
1. Small trim in the last week of December/first week of January and then another trim in the first week of July, so that I can succesfully participate in the no trimming challenges. I don't know when I want to stop growing my hair (it's at WL now and my initial thought was to get to HL), but I'll stop when it starts getting too tiring to take care of (especially when drying) or it doesn't look good down anymore.
2. Don't use heat tools more than 4 times a year. Hairdryer is not included, as I need it, but I never use the hot function.
3. Always protect the hair while sleeping.
4. Oil my hair with coconut oil every Sunday before washing it. I'd try to oil it before every wash, but I don't have enough time to do that regularly.
5. A few drops of oil before bed, every night.
6. Be gentle with my hair while manipulating it.
7. Stop buying new products and stick to what works.
8. Not only hair related - keep taking my vitamins and 9. workout when time allows me.
10. Contribute in the use it up challenge.

I inspected my ends and they are in good condition, so it doesn't make sense to trim. I really want my hair longer, so I'll pass this one.

fairy_hair
November 22nd, 2023, 02:53 PM
Reach at least tailbone length by the end of 2024 (possibly near classic!), continue to french plait at night because its so comfy and secure, scrunchie bun or claw clip during days. Remember to oil lengths before every wash and condition thoroughly. Get a trim to neaten ends (to tailbone?) if it starts to look uneven. Eat a wider variety of foods for better nutrition. Don't quit the collagen.

Arciela
November 22nd, 2023, 03:01 PM
Get my hair thickness back. Ever since a surgery my hair hasn't been the same.

My hair has reached its goal length, now I just want my thickness back, and I'm gonna grow out my chopped up mess of bangs in the front.

gghh
November 26th, 2023, 01:58 AM
I’m so excited this is going to be my first full year on LHC. I would like to reach mid thigh in maybe 6-7 months from now (?). And I want to get back into my routines and be able to spoil my whole self. I fully believe that it was the hours worth of constant effort that helped me retain length, especially when I started losing motivation for that towards the last few months of the year. After seeing just how much it has grown, I want to get back at it with more fervor. I would also like to take progress picks every 3-4 months instead of every month now. I think it’s more satisfying to see a more noticeable change in length.

spidermom
November 26th, 2023, 08:24 AM
Let it grow, let it grow, let it grow (to the tune of let it snow, let it snow, let it snow).

angiepangie4
November 26th, 2023, 10:27 AM
Honestly I kinda want to try a keratin treatment but I'm scared that it will mess up my hair and ruin all my progress with growing it out to waist length.. But it just seems so convenient! And looks so nice! Ugh haha

bitter
November 27th, 2023, 06:43 PM
Leave it alone and don't give up on nopoo despite the bad comments!
Nopoo works so well for me, but overwashing with honey or water or shampoo makes it dry!

bitter
November 27th, 2023, 06:44 PM
Also, learn how to style hair with hair sticks! I'm going to Japan, so planning to get myself fancy hair sticks and combs there

lithostoic
November 27th, 2023, 07:57 PM
By the end of 2024 I would like to have
-maintained at hip length
-trimmed out 6 inches of damage
-worn a bun or braid most of the time

Bat
November 28th, 2023, 12:53 AM
Honestly I kinda want to try a keratin treatment but I'm scared that it will mess up my hair and ruin all my progress with growing it out to waist length.. But it just seems so convenient! And looks so nice! Ugh haha

I loved it when I had one but if your hair is brittle I recommend not doing it, the process is really harsh and it stinks but it really worked well for me but do be aware they iron every section 5-7 times with the product in it

Charlotterabbit
November 29th, 2023, 07:04 AM
My goals!
~grow out my hair (hopefully reach waist length by the end of the year 2024).
~get rid of my dyed ends almost completely.
~continue trying different hair masks to keep my ends healthy.
~Massage scalp regularly.
~Buy a wooden brush, and a silk bonnet/pillowcase.
~Learn how to make different types of braids.

cadaverinna
December 22nd, 2023, 12:02 PM
- Grow back to hip or tailbone length
- Only trim twice(joining the 1st and 2nd half no-trim challenges), S&D only in the meantime
- I might retouch my highlights, but only the grown-out bits
- Lessen heat usage
- Wear it up more often
- Get back to curtain bangs
- Only buy new products when I'm out of the old ones
- Be more gentle when handling it

Aerya
December 22nd, 2023, 12:29 PM
There is already a thread! :)

Edit: Forgot to add the link: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156345

ArtOfNoot
December 22nd, 2023, 12:55 PM
-Reach TBL and maintain there if my ends are not to my liking
-Keep up with semi permanent color-deposite dye and use no processors or bleach
-Discover my signature bun (braided nautilus is a strong contender right now)
-Figure out how to use my new Ficcare hair clip that I just bought (thank you wendyg :inlove:
-Stretch my washes till once a week is comfortable and doable and consistently use my BBB
-Use up my hair masks (I got a little shopping crazy lately oops)
-S&D at least once every other month (and I mean a real sit down and search session)
-Boil my haircare down to my holy grail products (this goes hand-in-hand with using up my hair masks)

Simone_Fatale
December 22nd, 2023, 03:59 PM
- grow out natural hair in 2024
- no heat in 2024
- no trimming in 2024
- basically nothing but pampering it for the whole year :)

longmane
December 22nd, 2023, 06:30 PM
2024 no trimming challenge.

cadaverinna
December 23rd, 2023, 08:17 PM
There is already a thread! :)

Edit: Forgot to add the link: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156345

Oh, I swore the 2023 was the only one I saw when I looked it up! All good now! I'm gonna start snooping everyone's goals lol

vanillacake
December 24th, 2023, 04:12 PM
Reach MBL (2 more inches) and grow toward next hair milestone. Do hair masks weekly. Get fewer and smaller trims.

pumpkinsage
December 26th, 2023, 11:59 PM
*no trimming 2024
*no more bleach
*possibly reach MBL??
*use up at least one (1) hair mask
*use up at least one (1) curl cream
*regularly use my intensive hair serum
*regularly oil my hair
*be more gentle when brushing my hair
*do more cute up-do's now that I have some more length (most excited for this!)

best of luck everyone! :o

Reyn127
December 29th, 2023, 11:03 AM
My goals are pretty simple:
1. Reach my final length goal of upper calf (same as last year, sadly I decided to trim off more than I was hoping to since I had a dumb moment with a leaf blower sucking a chunk of my hair up a few months ago)
2. I think I'm gonna do the first half of the year no-trim challenge to help me get there.
3. Start posting more regularly on my youtube channel.

Für immer
December 29th, 2023, 12:19 PM
Gonna update/adjust my goals for 2024 á little bit:

Reach classic length by the end of December (starting length is 80 cm)
S&D once every month
Trim only if needed
Use moisturizing masks more often
No trims between January 11th and June 30th
Switch the hairstyles more often (not wear the same style for more than 3 days in a row)
Learn new hairstyles/buns/braids
Dress up/style it for Halloween for once

lapis_lazuli
December 29th, 2023, 01:09 PM
2024, here we go...

Grow six more inches and continue maintaining around 75" with trims every two months. Hopefully fill in the middle section of my hemline as much as possible.
Darken ends. I've used two IGK colour conditioners so far, one dark brown, one black, and have had success in darkening my ends to better match my roots. However, the orange undertones are still visible in the light. I may try out a semi-permanent dye to see if I have any better luck covering it. At a minimum, I'd like to maintain what I've achieved so far, as it's still very much an improvement from what I had before.
Do something with my collected sheds. Whether that's making something simple like a lock or braid of hair or just throwing them out, I need to deal with them somehow.
Experiment with shampoos again. I've been using Nizoral for the better part of this year but still dealing with occasional scalp issues. I did water-only a few times when just conditioning the length and my scalp felt almost the same as after a regular wash, but with hair still oily. I just wonder if I can get similar or better results with non-medicated shampoos, so I might try, if just for some variety.

Liria
December 29th, 2023, 02:39 PM
1. Learn (multiple) new hairstyles.
2. Trim at least twice, but not more than six times.
3. Limit products to things I use (prioritising low waste). Less of everything ideally. Aka less stuff in the cupboard. Only try new stuff occasionally.
4. Try again with hair journalling.

MegaHAVOC
December 29th, 2023, 03:23 PM
My number one 2024 hair goal is not to trim at all while growing out my asymmetrical pixie cut ... gonna be awkward but I'm gonna do it, haha.
I also am going to ban myself from straying away from my hair routine and products that have been working wonderfully for me. It is so wasteful as I always end up just going back and never using those products again, I have quite the graveyard of unused products as a curly girl. ugh.

ArienEllariel
January 2nd, 2024, 05:13 PM
1. Incorporate more natural products into my routine/ experiment a little with leave-ins, herbal rinses, etc.
2. Reach waist length+
3. Trim the remainder of my bleach damage off (or near as I can get while still reaching waist)
4. Baby my crown area as the shorter areas grow in from last year's big pulling session
5. Experiment with more protective styles and buns as my hair grows longer.

fairy_hair
January 2nd, 2024, 10:45 PM
1. Continue weekly washes with pre-wash olive oil
2. Continue scrunchie bun for sleeping
3. Continue braided bun for daytime
4. No trimming except S&D
5. Reach tailbone and hopefully classic (if possible...)
6. Continue collagen and other supplements

Basically just carry on with my current routine and hope for the best!

Liria
January 3rd, 2024, 07:01 PM
I just realized I forgot a goal!

5. Take monthly length pictures.

GrazierGirl
January 7th, 2024, 03:39 PM
Ah! Just measured hair and it is 20".
- 26" length by end 2024
- daily oiling of ends
- weekly oil treatment night before weekly shampoo
- learn new bun styles to fit under work hat
- Benign neglect (break habit of playing with hair)
- I like the idea of regular pictures (quarterly)

moon_witch
January 7th, 2024, 05:36 PM
-maintain at hip length for at least 6 months ( but probably the whole year, we'll see how the hemline looks after 6 months)
-stick to the routine that works for me and not get lazy

and that's it :cool:

GrazierGirl
January 8th, 2024, 12:10 AM
Forgot - dietary changes to Carnivore (I was Carnivore for 3 years, but took an 8 kg detour when I learned how to bake sourdough in 2020). So back to high protein diet in a bid to strengthen my hair.

Diana Prince
January 10th, 2024, 01:41 AM
1. Small trim in the last week of December/first week of January and then another trim in the first week of July, so that I can succesfully participate in the no trimming challenges. I don't know when I want to stop growing my hair (it's at WL now and my initial thought was to get to HL), but I'll stop when it starts getting too tiring to take care of (especially when drying) or it doesn't look good down anymore.
2. Don't use heat tools more than 4 times a year. Hairdryer is not included, as I need it, but I never use the hot function.
4. Oil my hair with coconut oil every Sunday before washing it. I'd try to oil it before every wash, but I don't have enough time to do that regularly.
8. Not only hair related - keep taking my vitamins and 9. workout when time allows me.

I inspected my ends and they are in good condition, so it doesn't make sense to trim. I really want my hair longer, so I'll pass this one.

I'm adding another goal:

11. S&D every month/every two months so that I can do the first no trimming challenge of the year. After that ends, I'll maintain the length for the rest of the year. I truly dislike how deep my V hemline is and I want a more softer U hem. I'm fighting the urge to cut it right now, but I waited too long to get to WL so I'm not going to give in so soon.

Diana Prince
January 10th, 2024, 04:03 AM

I'm adding another goal:

11. S&D every month/every two months so that I can do the first no trimming challenge of the year. After that ends, I'll maintain the length for the rest of the year. I truly dislike how deep my V hemline is and I want a more softer U hem. I'm fighting the urge to cut it right now, but I waited too long to get to WL so I'm not going to give in so soon.

Well... complete change of plans. I can't stand the hemline and I actually do have quite a lot of split ends. I don't understand when they appeared, maybe because in the last 3 months I stopped oiling my hair so thoroughly... Anyway, I trimmed about 1-2 cm and I am feeling way better. My hair is still at WL, I really don't think people around me can observe such a minuscule change, but I feel 10 times happier with my hemline. I won't do the no trimming challenge, I'll be trimming every 2 months so that I can maintain the length and get rid of the splits. The new goals are:

1.Trim 1-2 cm every 2 months.
4. Oil my hair with coconut oil every Sunday before washing it. I'd try to oil it before every wash, but I don't have enough time to do that regularly. I'll try harder.
7. Stop buying new products before finishing up what I already have and stick to what works.
8. Not only hair related - keep taking my vitamins and 9. workout when time allows me (I'll try at least 2 times per week).
10. Contribute to the use it up challenge.

axs6404
January 18th, 2024, 10:01 AM
My goal is to retain 6inches of growth this year so I am doing a year long challenge of keeping my hair in some kind of style off my shoulders when I leave the house. Deep conditioning and using a bind repair treatment every time I wash my hair as well as trying to stretch my washes to once every 2 weeks(right now I wash every 5-7 days.) I will see a stylist and get dustings every 3 months as well as keep a hair care journal.

sofie
January 18th, 2024, 01:21 PM
checking in.

i had other things to worry about for the past few months, and now all of a sudden my hair is about an inch or two away from classic.
i think that i will be reaching my preferred (goal) length mid 2024!
goal is just to keep the ends from suffering too much and not trim until then. protective styles will come in handy.

Hairy-Fairy
January 18th, 2024, 02:09 PM
I want to:

Number 3. Do more deep treatments to keep my hair pliable and soft (so it doesn't break as easily)

Number 2. Hit Classic Length and undeniably long hair

And Number 1. Do more creative things with my hair

I used to do lots of fun styles before I started growing it out and realized how easy it was to break my hair (like a year would go by and I would only retain 2-3 inches despite my growth rate being above average). Now I wear it in the same twists in the same bun 24/7. Very good for length retention but very boring to look at. I want to find different ways to style my twists that are just as protective. I recently grew out what I thought were edges but were apparently was just hair breaking off in the front. I've been wearing that hair in finger coils around my face and treating it like bangs. It's a start.

LadyLongLocks
January 19th, 2024, 02:19 PM
Seeing that it is hitting the floor again/72" I am going to do a big trim in 2024.

LongCurlyTress
January 19th, 2024, 02:35 PM
Hi JJ!! Great to see you here on LHC!! I am sure your incredibly beautiful golden hair will be lovely at any length! Thank you for saying hi!! 🌅

LadyLongLocks
January 19th, 2024, 03:03 PM
Hi JJ!! Great to see you here on LHC!! I am sure your incredibly beautiful golden hair will be lovely at any length! Thank you for saying hi!! ��

Thank you. I can't wear it down at all now so looking forward to not stepping on it. :)

baanoo
January 20th, 2024, 08:21 AM
I have finally decided on my 2024 goals.

- do more curl-cultivating experiments (product? Shaping curls when wet?) to see if that makes a difference
- continue the saga of the bangs
- micro trim when needed, otherwise keep working towards those 6 more inches

Complexity
January 20th, 2024, 08:42 AM
I'd like to try to be more consistent in my general hair care. I've got the benign neglect thing down haha, but not so much the deep conditioning and such. So this year I'd like to work on that.

LongCurlyTress
January 20th, 2024, 09:12 AM
My hair goals are to let my hair just grow for 6 months without a trim. Baby steps!

LongCurlyTress
January 20th, 2024, 09:17 AM
Thank you. I can't wear it down at all now so looking forward to not stepping on it. :)

LLL- your length with how healthy your hair is at your length is outstandingly incredible!!! 🤗

Purple Ink
January 20th, 2024, 02:44 PM
- Reach waist, and hopefully hip.
- Figure out what I want to do once it is at waist again. Do I want to continue? Dye it? Maintain the length for a while? Who knows.
- Vary my hairstyles more. Cinnabuns are nice and comfy but there are so many options, and some hairstyles are only doable at a very specific length.

RavennaNight
January 20th, 2024, 03:27 PM
I’m doing no trims for 2024, and my main focus will be embracing the newfound waviness my hair decided to revisit. My hair is between hip and buttcrack. The no trims 2024 does however hinge on one thing, if I will have an increase in shedding. I’m open to the possibility of a major shed, I just had a major surgery and have stopped/changed some prescriptions. I know it takes a few months for that sort of thing to show itself. And if that happens, my main focus will be proper diet, supplementation, prescriptions, and scalp care.

Chasemi
January 20th, 2024, 10:51 PM
I downloaded an app, then added each goal to it for the year. Each night I just click through and select whether I meet my goal or not. Most are set to daily, others to weekly or monthly goals. Can't wait to see how the year goes and to have the power to prove it!

BexLocks
January 21st, 2024, 09:44 PM
Keep growing! Dare I say it - fingertip length?!?!? And I'll need to do more braids and more secure bun styles since my standard two prong fork bun has been getting too heavy and giving me a headache if I wear it too long.

Andalusite
February 5th, 2024, 02:17 PM
- Reach waist first and then hips.

- Find some good hair cutting scissors.

- Buy a sleeping bonnet.

Glitch
February 6th, 2024, 11:36 PM
Hmm.. I was really busy studying like a hermit for all these months, and now that I've finished, I'm honestly surprised my neglected hair looks decent at all shudder: I will say, I almost always had my hair tied up in some way, even if that meant changing it up often to avoid headaches. It's probably what saved my hair!

For 2024, I plan to microtrim it, and *MAYBE* I will go get it colored. I haven't touched hair dyes since 2015 and I'm nervous that it would destroy my long fine hair, so I don't know if I'll actually do it. At the same time, I've really been wanting a change for a long time now, and changing up my bangs/hair part over and over has really run its course for me. I want something really different, like some blonde balayage or something. But again, my hair, even though I've neglected it these months, is still so soft and long that the idea of bleach makes me wince a bit. Especially due to the horrors of my past with it :eek: LOL. Let's see.

LauraLongLocks
February 6th, 2024, 11:38 PM
1. Microtrim quarterly.
2. Deep condition and/or pre-poo treatments weekly.
3. Wear my satin sleep cap at least 5/7 days a week to reduce mechanical damage.
4. Continue working with my doctor to find effective alopecia areata treatment.
5. S&D monthly.
6. Eat healthier for my hair and whole body.

rosenester
February 25th, 2024, 09:39 AM
~ Grow to hip length (if I don’t make it before the new year)

~ Maintain HL, with Feye’s Method for a U shape, maintain face framing layers, continue to grow out the widest corners of bangs while maintaining the center triangle of bangs

~ Trim as much bleach off as possible, at least 4” so the layer of hair growing from the nape is completely bleach-free

~ Figure out a trim schedule for every 4 months (rather than every 3 months currently)

~ Keep up with health: take vitamins (multi, fish oil, and vitamin D) and workout 3-5 days a week (whether it be pick up biking or weight training again or both)

~ Bun through the winter as much as possible & make more ear warmer headbands so I can have a ‘hat’ for warmth while keeping my hair protected in a bun.

~ Continue with hair routine that is working, rotating with ion hard water shampoo and head & shoulder’s, and rotating with deep conditioning, K18, and maria nilla toner followed by regular conditioner.

Checking in, since I know I achieved my first goal, and wanted to look over the rest of them. How’s everyone else going as we’re nearly into month 3 of the year! :toast:

~HL achieved

~Trimmed my bangs 2x maintaining the small triangle

~No length trim yet, hoping I can remove 5” in trims this year which is my usual yearly growth, since I have no length-gaining goals

~Planning to trim 1” in April, 2” in August, and 2” in December this year

~Taking vitamins and going for hikes 3x a week for exercise so far, will pick up other habits soon hopefully.

~Winter has been mild so far, so I have worn my hair down several times a week, but did make 1 nice warm headband ear warmer for wearing with buns.

~Routine is working, I ran out of K18 and haven’t replaced it yet because I have redken acidic bonding treatment as a gift I am using instead for now & loving it. May not replace the toner once I use it up, since I am hoping to cut off a lot of the bleach this year. Running low on head & shoulders, planning on getting a new bottle soon. Missing HE HH, so may switch my regular conditioner after I use up my current Honey Treasures.

Ylva
February 27th, 2024, 08:25 AM
1. Keep growing out my natural hair and abstain from any bleaching and damage-inducing colouring.

2. Lead a healthy lifestyle: take care of nutrition, sleep, exercise, and stress management, and pursue my dreams.

3. Keep tracking my product usage through the use-it-up challenge and keep working through my stash. I should keep product purchases at a reasonable level.

4. Get rid of at least 5 cm of bleach. It doesn't really need to even be this much, since I only have about 10 cm left at longest, but I want to keep it somewhat strict in order to experience fully natural hair soon.
Decided to get rid of this goal as I already did a ~5 cm trim in late 2023 and I'm nearly done with all the bleach, so if I feel like growing longer, I want to let myself do that without needless removals of length. If I do decide to grow longer, the remaining bleach will get removed with occasional trims in due time.

Largely the same goals as the previous years... but they are getting lesser and lesser! It's getting progressively harder to come up with hair goals for myself. Perhaps as a possible extra goal, I can have the following:

4. Actually acquire a couple more simple (metal) hair sticks so I don't need to be so reliant on just this one I have at the moment.

1. So far so good.
2. Doing relatively well here. I could be sleeping better/more, though.
3. Going through them, although slowly, especially the conditioners. I've not bought anything.
4. I've not bought any yet, but I have a few cheap things in my shopping cart waiting for a definite decision.

SandyBottom
February 27th, 2024, 05:23 PM
Continue with current care and maintenance routine
Improve on healthy eating
Experiment, learn, have fun!
Wear it loose (or at least down) more--I *really* enjoyed this the handful of times I did it this summer.

I didn't have a whole lot listed. They're more of a continuous nature, but the 'Experiment, learn, have fun' has already paid off! Although I was very happy with my old routine of S/C I wanted to see if there was something that might be simpler/better/or maybe just another alternative. CO washing is working out so well! It even lets me keep my old schedule of washing once a week. It's been a month since starting it and my hair doesn't feel as dry and has better waves. In addition to changing my wash method, I found a solution to dry ends by using Fox's SBCC. The 'Improve on healthy eating' has helped me to try some foods I haven't before and have found some I really like.

eyecandy
February 28th, 2024, 04:14 AM
I think my biggest goal, aside from growing back to tailbone length is finishing up products in order to try new stuff!

Speaking of products I should definitely become more minimalist when it comes to haircare once I'll finish up everything, my goal is to use just a few products that work for me, it's fun to try new things but, at the same time, when I buy things I get overwhelmed by the amount of products I have to use since I wash my hair once or twice a week, that's why I usually do hair treatments using products I want to empty but I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by this method too, I don't want to collect too many products cause too much stuff in my house gives me anxiety lol

Just a minimalism journey overall. :)

nitagurl
February 28th, 2024, 08:38 AM
My goals this year are simple:

1. Keep my hair in a “protective style” for 99% of the month (using 1 day out of 30 to wash/deep condition/put into the next protective style for the following month).
2. Keep this up until January 2025.
3. No trims whatsoever.

QueenLapis
February 29th, 2024, 02:42 PM
1. No heat tools (blow drying and straightening)
2. No bleaching
3. Wash hair once a week (instead of three times)
4. Oil hair once a week
5. Grow hair to mid-back!

KinkyRapunzel
March 3rd, 2024, 07:56 PM
1.) No trimming or S&D

2.) Wash scalp at least once a week after flaxseed pre-poo

3.) Deep condition every week

4.) keep hair in two scarf braids until wash day, no extra manipulation

5.) Take pictures to remember the journey and document the length

6.)No heat! I will no longer use heat in my hair going forward

gghh
March 4th, 2024, 01:38 AM
I’m so excited this is going to be my first full year on LHC. I would like to reach mid thigh in maybe 6-7 months from now (?). And I want to get back into my routines and be able to spoil my whole self. I fully believe that it was the hours worth of constant effort that helped me retain length, especially when I started losing motivation for that towards the last few months of the year. After seeing just how much it has grown, I want to get back at it with more fervor. I would also like to take progress picks every 3-4 months instead of every month now. I think it’s more satisfying to see a more noticeable change in length.

I would like to add to this - I need to sleep on time more than anything else. I went back to washing/detangling twice a week which really helped me lose less hair yo breakage each time i detangle. And i started using a wide tooth comb to detangle. It’s been nearly 4 months since nov, so I really hope my hair grew a lot since then.

LauraLongLocks
March 4th, 2024, 02:46 PM
1. Microtrim quarterly.
2. Deep condition and/or pre-poo treatments weekly.
3. Wear my satin sleep cap at least 5/7 days a week to reduce mechanical damage.
4. Continue working with my doctor to find effective alopecia areata treatment.
5. S&D monthly.
6. Eat healthier for my hair and whole body.

So far I’ve gained 4 lbs of fat and I didn’t pre-poo oil my hair before the last wash.

It’s not how many times you fall, it’s how many times you get up that counts.

Bat
March 4th, 2024, 03:51 PM
The new year is approaching fast! so here is the new thread for next year!

My goals
As much Benign Neglect as possible I don't want to even think of my hair this year
I also really want to avoid any dye this year as well

Already failed my original plan

My new plan is to keep bleaching and grow but keep the back short until the top part covers my hairline or until the new year whatever comes first, I've been planning no trims 2025 for three years so if my top part isn't quite there I'll stop trimming regardless

nitagurl
March 14th, 2024, 02:02 PM
My goals this year are simple:

1. Keep my hair in a “protective style” for 99% of the month (using 1 day out of 30 to wash/deep condition/put into the next protective style for the following month).
2. Keep this up until January 2025.
3. No trims whatsoever.

I must have been high when I wrote this because it takes A LOT of wishful thinking to think that I could go an entire month between washes. Yesterday marked two weeks to the day that I put in my first protective style and my scalp was yoddling so bad that I took the entire style down and cowashed it for at least 30 minutes. It felt sooooo good to get some water/conditioner on my scalp. It felt even better to get my hair clean again. Yeah, the goal has been revised.

1. Keep my hair in a “protective style” all 2024 (no more than two weeks at a time before washing & re-styling).
2. Moisturize my scalp with my water and conditioner mix every other day; seal with olive oil.
3. No trims whatsoever.