PDA

View Full Version : No trimming 2024!

lapushka
October 10th, 2023, 06:11 AM
Posting this in haste, because I have places to go (for once).

Anyway...

For this challenge, you need to trim at the latest January 10th, 2024. No other trims are allowed during the calendar year for you to be part of this challenge. I extended the period for trimming the hair, but nothing past January 10th, please!

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no-trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

Welcome, and "happy growing"!

Here's some easy guidelines for you:

You may maintain bangs.
You may not cut them in.
You may S&D
You may not trim.

If you are wanting to trim, please do so from:
January 1st through to January 10th!

Bat
October 12th, 2023, 06:07 AM
I'll be half heartedly here but allowing myself a trim if it needs it, I would really like to get back to CBL as quick as possible.

LongLocke
October 13th, 2023, 06:42 AM
I'll jump in on this one too, although I might drop out at the mid-year since that would be close to 4 years with no trims. I think I'll need to assess at the mid-year if my ends are healthy enough to keep chugging along or if I need to do some actual maintenance (hopefully not. I'd prefer to just never have a trim ever again >_>)

missmelaniem
October 13th, 2023, 08:45 AM
I just posted in another no trim thread, but this one would get me past my waist (I call it lower waist actually because its at the top of the hip which some ppl might call hip. Idk though :couch:) so maybe I’ll try.

BVU
October 13th, 2023, 11:34 AM
I'm here! Currently at cls so we'll see how much I grow next year :D

momof3mary
October 14th, 2023, 12:22 PM
I'll join just to see if I can finally complete one of these.

lapushka
October 14th, 2023, 12:47 PM
I'll join just to see if I can finally complete one of these.

I see you strugglin' girlfriend! A lot. But I bet you can do it!

Für immer
October 14th, 2023, 05:15 PM
Will definitely be joining this one, and am so excited to cheer on everyone who will be joining this challenge too. :waving:

momof3mary
October 15th, 2023, 07:49 AM
I see you strugglin' girlfriend! A lot. But I bet you can do it!

I really hope so 🙏 My hair has looked terrible for 4 years straight now due to me hacking and buzzing away at it. Thanks for the vote of confidence 😄

lapushka
October 15th, 2023, 12:16 PM
I really hope so �� My hair has looked terrible for 4 years straight now due to me hacking and buzzing away at it. Thanks for the vote of confidence ��

Hey, in my 20s I was *there*, right where you are. It's tough getting past that very short stage razored to bob = hell and I think there were some occasions where I just let it grow, into all layers. It got longer faster but those stages are even more hellish than just trying to get to a (very) short (like ear length) bob.

pumpkinsage
October 15th, 2023, 05:16 PM
I'm joining this one!! I almost had it for 2023 but I cut my bangs back in and had to drop out because of that. Though, I haven't touched the length of my hair in almost 2 years since it was buzzed so I think I can do this one easy :) Still a few months away from the start but still excited to grow!

MadHouseWitch
October 19th, 2023, 06:26 PM
I'm going to be doing a pretty substantial trim at the first of the year and then back to just S&D (I NEED S&D for SSKs LOL)

Bat
October 19th, 2023, 06:43 PM
I'm joining this one!! I almost had it for 2023 but I cut my bangs back in and had to drop out because of that. Though, I haven't touched the length of my hair in almost 2 years since it was buzzed so I think I can do this one easy :) Still a few months away from the start but still excited to grow!
I'm doing the no trim growing too atleast until it's long enough for a blunt cut when do you call a milestone like ear and chin is it by the shortest side pieces or overall length from the back?

longmane
October 20th, 2023, 05:03 PM
I'm in! I'm fed up with this cycle of cutting my hair then regretting it. My last haircut was 4 months ago :brickwall

Bat
October 20th, 2023, 05:20 PM
I might actually maintain the second part of this year but until the time comes I'll be here I do want out of this pixie stage!

longmane
October 20th, 2023, 05:26 PM
Bat if your avatar is a recent pic, your hair has gotten so long congrats! You can do it :cheer:

Bat
October 22nd, 2023, 03:31 AM
Bat if your avatar is a recent pic, your hair has gotten so long congrats! You can do it :cheer:

Yep it was taken 5 days ago ^_^ from the front it looks like an over grown buzz possibly due to breakage

Yalena
October 23rd, 2023, 07:11 AM
I'm in! First time I'll be joining on LHC instead of lurking. I haven't trimmed in nearly three years, going to take off a couple of inches at the end of the year then do no trim 2024! Good luck everyone

Jonas
October 24th, 2023, 01:58 PM
Sooooo down for this! I haven't trimmed since 2020 besides S&D. I only recently started S&D-ing and there's a lot of splits lol. But sooo stoked to see what my length looks like in a years time!!!

Chasemi
October 25th, 2023, 09:34 AM
Joining!! I went a full year and trimmed this month. Going to not trim any in 2024!

tuanyiji
October 25th, 2023, 10:39 AM
I’m joining. Haven’t trimmed at all for over 4 years now. Another year of no-trimming will be like a walk in the park. Assuming my longest racers will reach my knee by the end of 2024. Then from 2025 onward, I might start regular microtrimming to get a thicker hemline. Of course my ultimate goal is terminal length, I’m curious to see if I can pass the floor after I get an even hemline at knee.

KinkyRapunzel
October 30th, 2023, 12:31 AM
I’m in! I haven't trimmed or S&D in about a year, my hair seems to be doing just fine so why not go another year?

Although I may go get my hair dusted at a salon before January! :cheer:

Für immer
November 1st, 2023, 04:51 AM
Will definitely be joining this one, and am so excited to cheer on everyone who will be joining this challenge too. :waving:

Have changed my mind regarding this challenge.
Will probably want to trim my hair between the hálf year challenge, so is better I stick to them.

Wish the rest of you best of luck of course. :blossom:

vampyyri
November 19th, 2023, 02:45 PM
Tentatively joining in here, I haven't trimmed since my big chop in July of 2022. I'm in the no trim challenge for 2023, and was planning on giving myself a trim at the end to neaten up my hemline.

Will I go a whole year? No idea :lol: I still have no idea where my goal is this time around. :p

Shug
November 19th, 2023, 06:13 PM
Im in! I just trimmed my hair last week for the first time in over a year so my hemline stays nice and thick. I only lost about an inch, I’m hoping I can be at my knees by the end of next year.

constancev18
November 21st, 2023, 10:05 AM
Joining! I'm trying to hold off on any trimming until I'm tbl (2026-frightening to even type that. eek!).

luthiene
November 21st, 2023, 10:58 AM
I'm in! I haven't trimmed this year yet and only trimmed once last year because of excessive postpartum hair loss. I may do an end of the year trim for the sake of my ends but we'll see. Here's to a no-trim 2024!

GoatLady
November 22nd, 2023, 01:16 PM
I'm in! I'm currently nearing the end of the 2023 No Trim Challenge. I am going to even up my hemline right after the new year, then jump back in for the 2024 challenge.

gghh
November 26th, 2023, 02:30 AM
I’m in! Since I did do a decent trim this month, I won’t trim until nov 2024

Dark40
November 26th, 2023, 10:07 AM
I am definitely here! I'm between MBL And WL. So, I feel that within between 2-4 months I'll be at solid WL.

lapushka
November 27th, 2023, 09:15 AM
I do continue to post the no-trimming challenges, but have to remark that my signature is no longer current. I keep it as a reminder, and possible incentive for growing. It reminds me of how much joy classic length gave me, and of how practical the styles with it were. Sadly I lost quite a bit of thickness in mid-sections to end due to too frequent protective styling (nautilus w/ a basic aluminum hairfork). In essence, I overdid it. :( Who knew? I now have between APL & BSL length and am quite enjoying the styling aspect of this length (plenty of waves when it gets oomphed up). There's that. I might be in some of these future threads, which is why I keep them going, besides, it's not all about me, me, me, me. It's about all of you guys. Wishing you all, all a happy year full of great and amazing growth, no matter what length you're at right now. You will get there, sure of it!

Fiorentina
November 27th, 2023, 09:50 AM
Sign me up!
I am not 100% sure if I am able to resist the whole 2024 but until autumn I know I can go without trim. Thats for sure.
So October, November and December will be my challenge, hopefully I will resist and not cut a fraction of an inch.
Regards
Fiorentina

Bat
November 28th, 2023, 12:45 AM
I don't think I'll be joining next year's but I've been planning no trim 2025 for about 2 years haha so I think next year might be a maintaining year

cherrymerry
November 28th, 2023, 10:41 AM
I'm tentatively joining. I've never gone a full year without trimming, so it will be interesting to see if it's possible for me to both stay away from the scissors and keep up the health of my hair for so long.

deleria
November 28th, 2023, 12:54 PM
I will be joining this year! A little below shoulders and just recently cut most of my damaged bleached pieces out so my hair is ready to grow 😁

fairy_hair
November 30th, 2023, 02:13 PM
I'm joining! I want to get my hair back to classic length and beyond, I'm nearly hip length now and I think I could possibly reach at least tailbone or nearly classic by the end of 2024... with no trims, I should get there faster than if I keep doing these occasional cm or inch cuts. I will keep up my nutritious diet, protective buns, French braid at home and for sleep, heavy oiling before washing, generally taking care... let's go!

cadaverinna
November 30th, 2023, 08:00 PM
I have a trim planned for late december but I'm not sure I can hold myself for a year. I want to try, but can't guarantee I'll stick to it, so I'll join the 6 month club too just in case.

My hair is in a grown out butterfly cut a bit under WL and I'm pretty sure this december I'll keep the hemline the same way and just dust it a little, as it isn't asking for a haircut just yet. Mum is doing the whole cutting by the moon thing so I'll probably do it in the full moon, since getting everything out for a haircut and doing it is demanding enough for 1 day.

I have to get my scissors(and cuticle nippers) sharpened soon as possible, or else I KNOW I'll forget about it!!

ArtOfNoot
November 30th, 2023, 08:05 PM
Joining in! :o

Bat
November 30th, 2023, 09:03 PM
Good luck everyone!

young&reckless
December 2nd, 2023, 06:06 PM
Why not… I’m in.

Bat
December 2nd, 2023, 08:52 PM
Screw it I'm in! I'll probably maintain my sides though

Simone_Fatale
December 4th, 2023, 07:55 AM
Joining! Micro trimming around New Year's and leaving the scissors alone for the whole 2024. Hair currently at 16.5 inches.

Lazy Loop
December 4th, 2023, 05:16 PM
Yes, I’ll def go another round. No cut ‘23 was a success and helped a lot. It was only difficult at the very first, then it goes by so fast, it’s over already!

Bat
December 14th, 2023, 09:06 PM
Screw it I'm in! I'll probably maintain my sides though

Buzzed the pink off I want to try and not cut it for 2 years

embee
December 17th, 2023, 06:37 AM
I expect to stay in this thread. :) No trims since... I don't remember when - way before covid...

Braided Lady
December 17th, 2023, 12:46 PM
I'm ready to join this thread now. Just got a couple inch trim taking off most of the numerous splits I had acquired. I'm very happy with the trim and the length, but I am also realizing this is the third time I have been at waist trying to get back to hip, and I'm starting to get tired of it. I really like the length, but I'm still in a growing mindset, so this year I'm going to stop maintaining, see how far I go, and then maybe trim to hip, but not back to waist. I'm see what I think of the longer lengths when I get there

momof3mary
December 17th, 2023, 07:34 PM
Just freshened up the sides and back of my hair in preparation. I'm ready to go! Good luck to all of us!

Fiorentina
December 18th, 2023, 12:57 AM
I'm still in and here is my concrete plan how I work the challenge down.
Next Wednesday I will trim my self 1.5" and then I won't touch scissors again until the end of December 2024.
Regards
Fiorentina

Fiorentina
December 20th, 2023, 09:50 AM
I'm still in and here is my concrete plan how I work the challenge down.
Next Wednesday I will trim my self 1.5" and then I won't touch scissors again until the end of December 2024.
Regards
Fiorentina

It has been done as written, now no more trimming until December 2024.
Regards
Fiorentina

jenniferrae
December 20th, 2023, 01:12 PM
I'm going for it. I just did a pretty decent trim in October. And I also recently happened upon pictures from the last time I did a four inch or so cut in 2021 that I still haven't grown all the way back from because of trimming the base while layers grow out. Anyway, I remembered how much I regretted that cut, and I really want to make some good progress this year since my hair is healthier than it has been for a while now, so I think I'll make it if I stay dedicated. <3

chaviely
December 21st, 2023, 07:03 PM
I’m in! I registered to participate in no trim 2024 actually - I’m also going cold turkey on all dye and letting my natural color come in

fairy_hair
December 22nd, 2023, 12:44 AM
I can't wait to see the results after a year of no trimming at all! This year my hair grew quite a lot evn though I remember trimming a cm or an inch off at times... more than planned! Fingers crossed I can reach TBL...

Pick
December 25th, 2023, 04:37 PM
Joining in on this! Need my length back from my big trim/small chop a few weeks ago. Hopefully I get to around BCL/TBL by the end of the year?

pumpkinsage
December 25th, 2023, 06:20 PM
I'm doing the no trim growing too atleast until it's long enough for a blunt cut when do you call a milestone like ear and chin is it by the shortest side pieces or overall length from the back?

Sorry, didn't see this until now!! I think that if your top layer from your forehead/top of your head reaches ear/chin, that's when you would call it because the length from the back is already past your ear/chin

Bat
December 25th, 2023, 07:57 PM
Sorry, didn't see this until now!! I think that if your top layer from your forehead/top of your head reaches ear/chin, that's when you would call it because the length from the back is already past your ear/chin

True that is an idea too

MegaHAVOC
December 29th, 2023, 03:39 PM
I am definitely in and I need the accountability since I always, always start cutting and dying my hair too much at my current very short length.

This is where I am starting this challenge as I just cut/ trimmed my hair again about a week ago (hopefully this works as I have not used flickr before):
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53429861859_4b8aa3e721_q.jpg

Chasemi
December 29th, 2023, 04:23 PM
Still deciding whether I should cut my hair before this challenge or not! I'd love not to... we will see

Bat
December 30th, 2023, 09:09 PM
Tomorrow for me it begins, my last attempt at actively growing. If I end up shaving it off again I'll give up growing and accept that I'm living the shorty life

ETJ CURLS
December 30th, 2023, 09:18 PM
Tomorrow for me it begins, my last attempt at actively growing. If I end up shaving it off again I'll give up growing and accept that I'm living the shorty life

Time to find the nearest trash can, throw in your buzzer, light it on fire and toss it in the lake. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :cheer:

Bat
December 31st, 2023, 02:32 AM
Time to find the nearest trash can, throw in your buzzer, light it on fire and toss it in the lake. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :cheer:

I use it to shave so I can't throw it but I'll try and pretend it doesn't exist

ETJ CURLS
December 31st, 2023, 08:16 AM
Could you try a straight razor? I imagine it'd be a lot less tempting to hack off your hair with one of those?

Chasemi
December 31st, 2023, 01:08 PM
Could you try a straight razor? I imagine it'd be a lot less tempting to hack off your hair with one of those?

That's a good idea!!

Pick
December 31st, 2023, 06:22 PM
It begins! Here's where I'm starting from, measured just over 32" a week or so ago. Looking forward to seeing progress!
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53434686295_f6c0b09ced_z.jpg

Bat
December 31st, 2023, 06:32 PM

That's a good idea!!

not a bad idea but knowing me I'll accidentally cut myself xD

Bat
December 31st, 2023, 06:33 PM
It begins! Here's where I'm starting from, measured just over 32" a week or so ago. Looking forward to seeing progress!

welcome to LHC! nice shiny hair you have there!
----------------------

i'm starting from skinshave bald so I guess i don't really need to post a before photo :D

Bat
December 31st, 2023, 07:29 PM
I decided to do a before photo anyway, I'm also going on a paleo diet this year too, so it will be interesting to see if I lose excess fat. I probably didn't need to take a photo that far back since 2 years of no trimming will probably get me to apl if that
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1141220751010177104/1191206237568774194/20240101_131036.jpg?ex=65a49842&is=65922342&hm=751e4d26af01ee0d6270f86d3ccd5dde61538c7ba0803a1 7638fcccde209d2c5&

Fiorentina
January 1st, 2024, 03:07 AM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53434686295_f6c0b09ced_z.jpg

Pick your hair looks great.
Regards
Fiorentina

Fiorentina
January 1st, 2024, 03:12 AM
I decided to do a before photo anyway, I'm also going on a paleo diet this year too, so it will be interesting to see if I lose excess fat. I probably didn't need to take a photo that far back since 2 years of no trimming will probably get me to apl if that
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1141220751010177104/1191206237568774194/20240101_131036.jpg?ex=65a49842&is=65922342&hm=751e4d26af01ee0d6270f86d3ccd5dde61538c7ba0803a1 7638fcccde209d2c5&

Then let it grow happily, I wish you lots of perseverance, Bat
I know you can do it.
Regards
Fiorentina

LongLocke
January 1st, 2024, 08:40 AM
https://i.imgur.com/vCzCvYLh.jpg

Screw it. I’m in! I was on the fence about doing another no trim year, but why end a streak that’s been going in for four years now? Starting point is 34”. Hopefully I’ll see 40” by end of year

Purple Ink
January 1st, 2024, 11:10 AM
Wasn't going to join but I felt the urge to cut it all back to a pixie just a few weeks ago so an accountability thread sounds exactly like what I need right now. I've come so far already, let's keep going!

Fiorentina
January 1st, 2024, 12:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/vCzCvYLh.jpg

Screw it. I’m in! I was on the fence about doing another no trim year, but why end a streak that’s been going in for four years now? Starting point is 34”. Hopefully I’ll see 40” by end of year

Your hair is stunning, absolutely amazing LongLocke, I love it. Thank you for sharing this excellent picture.
Great you are joying this challenge too.
Regards
Fiorentina

ladyshep
January 1st, 2024, 01:20 PM
I’m in. I had one heck of a ride with my hair this year. I have ocd and cut my hair too short a few months ago after I ruined it with bleach.
The impulse to use scissors on my hair is unbearable sometimes.
It is time to be ocd about not cutting it. I’ve been hacking it for 10 yrs now after I had a major crisis in my life. 10 yrs ago it was down to my knees. I want it back.
I made a promise to not cut any of it this year or maybe for 2.
I think it was 2011 when I joined this site. I’m back.

Bat
January 1st, 2024, 03:21 PM
I’m in. I had one heck of a ride with my hair this year. I have ocd and cut my hair too short a few months ago after I ruined it with bleach.
The impulse to use scissors on my hair is unbearable sometimes.
It is time to be ocd about not cutting it. I’ve been hacking it for 10 yrs now after I had a major crisis in my life. 10 yrs ago it was down to my knees. I want it back.
I made a promise to not cut any of it this year or maybe for 2.
I think it was 2011 when I joined this site. I’m back.
Welcome back and good Luck!

Then let it grow happily, I wish you lots of perseverance, Bat
I know you can do it.
Regards
Fiorentina

Thank you!

RavennaNight
January 1st, 2024, 03:48 PM
I’m joining in. I’ve had too many impulsive trims that caused me to lose length needlessly over the past two years. I’m at 35” when pulled straight, and my hair recently decided it is wavy and I decided to not fight that. I will s&d, I do that every few weeks. But that’s it. I have some old photos where my hair is long AF, like approaching classic, and the random looping off due to frustration with tangles could be remedied in other ways. Also being more wavy now I’m getting to grips with what detangled hair is and what it looks like and the new reality of it. :-)

EggLover
January 1st, 2024, 06:35 PM
Joining! I have had short hair for the past 5 or so years and HATE it.

The biggest reason I cut it short was hair texture change (1C to 2B in early 40s) and also significant hair loss. Finally saw a dermatologist 6 months ago and the loss is now normal and a few baby hairs are growing in. The biggest struggle is going to be growing it long enough to do a loose bun. When it gets to that point I feel the rest will be smooth sailing. It's just going to be tough until then.

One year of no trimming will get me there though! My hair currently has awful layers, collar length in back and very short in front due to bangs and front layers. It's bad but I look at it this way: today, right now, is the worst that it's going to be. I am a slow grower, but even then every month it'll get better.

I can do this. WE CAN DO THIS!

LongLocke
January 1st, 2024, 08:37 PM
Your hair is stunning, absolutely amazing LongLocke, I love it. Thank you for sharing this excellent picture.
Great you are joying this challenge too.
Regards
Fiorentina

Thank you!

Bat
January 1st, 2024, 08:59 PM
I’m joining in. I’ve had too many impulsive trims that caused me to lose length needlessly over the past two years. I’m at 35” when pulled straight, and my hair recently decided it is wavy and I decided to not fight that. I will s&d, I do that every few weeks. But that’s it. I have some old photos where my hair is long AF, like approaching classic, and the random looping off due to frustration with tangles could be remedied in other ways. Also being more wavy now I’m getting to grips with what detangled hair is and what it looks like and the new reality of it. :-)
Its great that you've accepted that it's wavy now! I still struggle to accept mine I guess its why I'm bald lol

Joining! I have had short hair for the past 5 or so years and HATE it.

The biggest reason I cut it short was hair texture change (1C to 2B in early 40s) and also significant hair loss. Finally saw a dermatologist 6 months ago and the loss is now normal and a few baby hairs are growing in. The biggest struggle is going to be growing it long enough to do a loose bun. When it gets to that point I feel the rest will be smooth sailing. It's just going to be tough until then.

One year of no trimming will get me there though! My hair currently has awful layers, collar length in back and very short in front due to bangs and front layers. It's bad but I look at it this way: today, right now, is the worst that it's going to be. I am a slow grower, but even then every month it'll get better.

I can do this. WE CAN DO THIS!

I also struggle with my texture I used to be 1b like my signature now it's about 2b as soon as I get it into a bob shape it's going to get a Keratin.

Good luck to us all this year

Chasemi
January 2nd, 2024, 01:36 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/cvC50YX8/20240102-001006.jpg (https://postimg.cc/cvC50YX8)

https://i.postimg.cc/3dnbs9CT/20240102-134136.jpg (https://postimg.cc/3dnbs9CT)

Woohoo! Here's my starting point on wet and dry hair (:

LongLocke
January 2nd, 2024, 03:17 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/cvC50YX8/20240102-001006.jpg (https://postimg.cc/cvC50YX8)

https://i.postimg.cc/3dnbs9CT/20240102-134136.jpg (https://postimg.cc/3dnbs9CT)

Woohoo! Here's my starting point on wet and dry hair (:

Looks great! Good luck to you!

MadHouseWitch
January 2nd, 2024, 04:25 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53438727841_a71d107b83_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pqcs1z)20240102_150429 (https://flic.kr/p/2pqcs1z) by Mani_X_Dani (https://www.flickr.com/photos/59308303@N07/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53438727831_f1d75a6fc4_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2pqcs1p)20240102_150531 (https://flic.kr/p/2pqcs1p) by Mani_X_Dani (https://www.flickr.com/photos/59308303@N07/), on Flickr

Quick pics just now taken because I realized I could! The longest hairs at 32", stretched. I could REALLY use a S&D and I don't care for my ends this way, aka not curly and dry, but it has been up in a bun and I'm not washing it YET. I'll get some curly length shots later

The doubly fun part about this one is that I can FINALLY measure, AND I'm also giving up henna (I EARNED my grey's mkay, somewhere sitting hospital bedside, that choice was made) I'm REALLY looking forward to more braids as the grombre grows in!

ArienEllariel
January 5th, 2024, 02:40 PM
Sigh. Just got a fresh trim today to blend in all the growing in bits on my crown. More trimmed than I wanted from the length, as I kind of expected going to a hairdresser for the first time in at least 2 years. But I'm not planning on trimming my hair til next year anyway. A little past apl (the dreaded length that takes forever to get through...) Time to baby the heck out of my hair.

fairy_hair
January 5th, 2024, 03:26 PM
Sigh. Just got a fresh trim today to blend in all the growing in bits on my crown. More trimmed than I wanted from the length, as I kind of expected going to a hairdresser for the first time in at least 2 years. But I'm not planning on trimming my hair til next year anyway. A little past apl (the dreaded length that takes forever to get through...) Time to baby the heck out of my hair.

I swear it's so true! APL somehow manages to be the hardest to keep healthy, I swear hip length and beyond is easier. Must be because it gets greaser faster, maybe its harder to put up safely and keep the ends covered.. just took me a long time to get past that length as well. Once you're past waist though, it seems to get easier to carry on!

GrazierGirl
January 7th, 2024, 12:01 PM
Yes! I have not trimmed since June 2022 when my hair was nape length (chin length), so I'm in!

Bat
January 12th, 2024, 03:09 AM
I'm pulling out of no trims for now, though I might do the second half

bushkin
January 12th, 2024, 09:35 AM
I really can't decide if want to do this or not.. my hair is super fine and straight midback length, and hasn't been trimmed in about a year. There are definitely split ends and the tangles are starting to get more noticable but I don't think it looks unhealthy or too terribly wispy at the ends. I know people with thicker hair probably judge me but I really want to make it past waist by next winter!

MegaHAVOC
January 12th, 2024, 01:24 PM
Hi, I’m not sure if it’s appropriate to do an occasional check in here, please let me know if it’s not, I’m new here :))

It’s been almost 4 weeks since my last root bleach and about 3.5 since my last trim. I’m not struggling with wanting to cut, it hasn’t been that long but I have been stopping myself from trying to tone my hair. As anyone who has gone light blonde and tried to keep it a light ashy/ silvery color knows the tone does not hold for long. Mine is pretty much gone 3.5 weeks out. It’s a nice bright sunny blonde and doesn’t look bad but I’m bummed it didn’t stay icy for long. I only wash my hair once a week since it’s curly so I was hoping for a bit more longevity. Bummer.

The issue with me toning it is 1-more damage because even a semi permanent toner uses a low volume developer and 2. More damage because I don’t like the first tone half the time and almost immediately do it again. Haha. So, yes, it’s safer to wait until I do my roots at 8 or so weeks out and tone it one time then.

My other issue is my hair is just recovering from my keto diet experiment last fall. I did lose a stubborn 20lbs over two months but it caused my hair growth to almost complete stop and I developed a bald spot … scary! I’ve been afraid to calorie restrict since then and stopped keto. The bald spot has slowly filled back in and my hair growth rate has improved but I’m still not where I used to be. I feel like I will be lucky to get half an inch this month which is again an improvement but I used to get almost an inch a month. Bummer.

Ylva
January 12th, 2024, 03:46 PM
MegaHAVOC, I can say as consolation that when I started my strict keto/carnivore diet and lost 10 kg over 2 months, I experienced heavy shedding (telogen effluvium), but it’s completely normal after a major lifestyle change and especially weight loss, and my hair went back to normal as my body adjusted. :) Of course, I don’t recommend caloric restriction.

MegaHAVOC
January 12th, 2024, 08:27 PM
Oh that’s good to know! I kinda thought that was what was going on but was still worried as I had never had the crazy hair loss happen like that from weight loss. After pregnancy, yes, unfortunately, haha. I wasn’t trying to calorie restrict so much on keto but being on the diet just caused me to eat less - sometimes way less than I should have been eating. It was my fault but I kinda got tired of eating the same foods all the time and just would not eat. Again my fault as I’m not a great cook/ don’t enjoy cooking and made the same meals too often. Lol

ArtOfNoot
January 17th, 2024, 05:06 PM
Forgot about joining this challenge and got an 1" trimmed oops :?

pumpkinsage
January 18th, 2024, 06:06 PM
I'm already dropping out, I think my ends are too damaged to go the entire year without a trim :(

Rainbouu
January 19th, 2024, 12:01 PM
I'm posting that I'm joining a little late, but my last trim was eight months ago, so I've been participating the whole time. :) I haven't had much of an urge to trim in the past year, so hopefully I can sail through 2024 with little challenge too. Good luck to everyone else.

Chasemi
January 20th, 2024, 10:50 PM
I've been S/Ding a bit more up try to stay ahead of splits

Eastbound&Down
March 3rd, 2024, 05:34 AM
It’s been a long time since I’ve posted, but I’ve been silently checking in for a while. Just made it back to WL after a cut on Jan 6th. No more cuts until next January so I’m in!

MadHouseWitch
March 3rd, 2024, 10:24 AM
I think this is actually going to be easier than I thought, benign neglect for the win. But we have another hospital stay with my kiddo. Major infection in the leg, the muscle is gone and we have had to come to terms with the "what if" of amputation, HIGHLY likely that is the route we are taking... Happily ignoring all splits I need to S&D right now, but hey, I got some new toys to play with! *sigh* Had surgery to clean up the infection, has a wound vac on it, but I'm thinking the next surgery won't be just to close up the wound... Oddly enough, this probably puts her on a bit of a faster road to "normal" life, because PT has been difficult with wounds and pain.

Eastbound&Down
March 3rd, 2024, 12:26 PM
I think this is actually going to be easier than I thought, benign neglect for the win. But we have another hospital stay with my kiddo. Major infection in the leg, the muscle is gone and we have had to come to terms with the "what if" of amputation, HIGHLY likely that is the route we are taking... Happily ignoring all splits I need to S&D right now, but hey, I got some new toys to play with! *sigh* Had surgery to clean up the infection, has a wound vac on it, but I'm thinking the next surgery won't be just to close up the wound... Oddly enough, this probably puts her on a bit of a faster road to "normal" life, because PT has been difficult with wounds and pain.

I’m sorry to hear about all the trouble and I hope whatever route ends up having that there is a quick recovery

rudderbird
March 3rd, 2024, 06:32 PM
I started March 2023 with *barely* APL and after one good year with one trim of 2 inches, I have reached MBL. Now, my goal is to reach Waist Length by end of August (no trimming!).

KinkyRapunzel
March 3rd, 2024, 08:24 PM
I have not trimmed or had a S&D session since 2022, I will continue this for another year. I was so close to full HPL and TBL but I began cutting thanks to stress, I will not do that again because I do not like how my hair feels after I trim or do S&D.

MadHouseWitch
March 3rd, 2024, 09:15 PM
I have the opposite problem, just shows how different hair needs can be! I LOVE how mine feels after a trim or S&D. Mine ends up doing velcro ends and I know I need to do something about it... HOWEVER wearing it in protective styles minimizes it a LOT. However, it doesn't totally do away with it. I wish I could be one of those that just DIDN'T get splits if I cared for it well, but alas, I seem to still get them no matter what. The joys of FINE hairs I suppose *sigh*

fairy_hair
March 4th, 2024, 11:26 AM
I'm in! I haven't trimmed for ages and my hair is now finally about a cm or two from tailbone length, my ends are not super straight/thick, but I think it will be best to just keep growing and then focus on keeping the ends trimmed and neat around mid thigh length. Once it's at the length I want, it's just trimming to maintain from then on, and the ends will just get thicker!

KinkyRapunzel
March 4th, 2024, 05:35 PM
I have the opposite problem, just shows how different hair needs can be! I LOVE how mine feels after a trim or S&D. Mine ends up doing velcro ends and I know I need to do something about it... HOWEVER wearing it in protective styles minimizes it a LOT. However, it doesn't totally do away with it. I wish I could be one of those that just DIDN'T get splits if I cared for it well, but alas, I seem to still get them no matter what. The joys of FINE hairs I suppose *sigh*

I think the cause of my split ends are the sun (I live in Arizona) and hard water, I have been giving this some more thought lately and I honestly think those two are the cause. I have made peace with the split ends, my hair still retains length with them.

KinkyRapunzel
March 4th, 2024, 05:38 PM
I'm in! I haven't trimmed for ages and my hair is now finally about a cm or two from tailbone length, my ends are not super straight/thick, but I think it will be best to just keep growing and then focus on keeping the ends trimmed and neat around mid thigh length. Once it's at the length I want, it's just trimming to maintain from then on, and the ends will just get thicker!

Smart, that sounds like a good plan! Happy growing!:o

fairy_hair
March 5th, 2024, 03:39 AM
Smart, that sounds like a good plan! Happy growing!:o

I wish I did it last time! I grew to mid thigh and then decided collarbone length would be a great thing to try. Never again! :D

Rainbouu
March 5th, 2024, 02:43 PM
While hanging out with all my friends last night, one of them said she was looking for a hair cut, but the people she's been referred to are really good at styling hair, and charge like 80 dollars for even simple cuts. So my DBF who is excellent at cutting hair said he'd cut her hair right then if she had scissors. I was sad to see about 3 inches go because she has had really beautiful waist length hair for years. However, it was a fun addition to the night and she absolutely loved it. It looks really cute and I'm so impressed by my DBF's talent. He hasn't gone to school or anything, and he's the one who cuts my hair if I want it, since I trust him to cut very little off.

All this is to say I'm acutely aware that my hair is still "too short" to need a cut at barely above APL. I have several annoying layers that I'm trying to grow out...cutting won't do them any good. But I am looking forward to my 2025 cut.

KinkyRapunzel
March 5th, 2024, 05:12 PM
I wish I did it last time! I grew to mid thigh and then decided collarbone length would be a great thing to try. Never again! :D

Haha, I completely understand that, I know long hair is for me because short hair makes me unhappy :brickwall

fairy_hair
March 5th, 2024, 09:37 PM
Haha, I completely understand that, I know long hair is for me because short hair makes me unhappy :brickwall

Same!! We need no other reasons! :lala:

mallorykay13
March 25th, 2024, 01:42 PM
Joining this thread a little late, but I haven't trimmed.
Coming back after a big chop a while ago.... Probably at BSL

Lazy Loop
April 13th, 2024, 06:25 PM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49888&d=1713054082
I tried to measure and take photo :doh:
Not bad growth but seems slow.