PDA

View Full Version : No trimming 2024! First half only!

Ylva
October 10th, 2023, 05:11 AM
For this challenge, the no-trimming period is 11 January - 30 June 2024. No trims are allowed during this half of the year for you to be part of this challenge.

In order to participate, you need to trim at the latest January 10th 2024.
Challenge ends on June 30th 2024.

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

Rules for the challenge:

You may maintain bangs, face-framing layers, undercuts, shaved sides, etc. You may not cut them in.
You may S&D.
You may not trim.

Wavykate
October 10th, 2023, 02:46 PM
I’d like to join this challenge! Currently at collar bone length with layers that I desperately want to grow out. I am planning to trim at new year, I hope I can be at BSL by the end of this challenge!

cadaverinna
October 10th, 2023, 03:17 PM
I might do it!! I'm a compulsive trimmer who loves straight, blunt ends, but I want to experiment w no trimming and more "natural-looking" hemlines, so I'm doing it for the 2nd half of 2023.
I'll cut a lil bit off in late december and see how it looks, but I have a question about "You may maintain bangs, face-framing layers, undercuts, shaved sides, etc. You may not cut them in"... Does it go for changing up fringe styles? Like going from curtain to baby bangs? Bc if so... I won't last a month lol

Lady Winchester
October 10th, 2023, 04:05 PM
Since I only get a trim in between six months and a year and a half (though I had to wait twice as long when I was growing it back from losing it from chemo), I can definitely participate in this challenge. My last trim was in between 4-6 months ago (though I could be wrong) and I still have the hair (I was trying to match the color in case in goes gray/white and I don't get my former color back, but since it's been four years and I still have medium golden brown hair, I probably won't).

eunioa
October 10th, 2023, 05:23 PM
I'll be joining!! i'm 3 inches or so away from mbl, i'm hoping to get there soon.

Bat
October 11th, 2023, 04:06 AM
I'll probably be here doing this , it will make it a year without trimming then

Aerya
October 11th, 2023, 09:56 AM
I'm in! :)

LongLocke
October 12th, 2023, 10:56 AM
In as usual. I MIGHT finally get a teensy trim in the mid-year of '24. But we'll see. Not sure if i want to commit to another whole year of no-trims. Next August will make 4 years since my last trim and this January will be 4 years since my last real hair cut

GoodPixie
October 12th, 2023, 11:20 AM
I am in. I am growing out a buzz. After my mullet trim in Dec. I can ignore it for 6 monthes. I also hope to stop being such a lurker.

Gwenselenia
October 13th, 2023, 12:10 AM
I’m joining this one :)

hollygraham43
October 13th, 2023, 03:09 AM
I'm in. I am growing out a super short cut and undercut, about ear length and can do with a no trim challenge

Ylva
October 13th, 2023, 05:56 AM
I might do it!! I'm a compulsive trimmer who loves straight, blunt ends, but I want to experiment w no trimming and more "natural-looking" hemlines, so I'm doing it for the 2nd half of 2023.
I'll cut a lil bit off in late december and see how it looks, but I have a question about "You may maintain bangs, face-framing layers, undercuts, shaved sides, etc. You may not cut them in"... Does it go for changing up fringe styles? Like going from curtain to baby bangs? Bc if so... I won't last a month lol

We’ve had discussions like this before where I was of the opinion that such wouldn’t disqualify you from the challenge, while others thought that changing the fringe style counted as cutting them in.

I’m still inclined to say that it would be fine. It doesn’t alter the hemline, the actual length-length of your hair.

Lady Stardust
October 13th, 2023, 07:40 AM
We’ve had discussions like this before where I was of the opinion that such wouldn’t disqualify you from the challenge, while others thought that changing the fringe style counted as cutting them in.

I’m still inclined to say that it would be fine. It doesn’t alter the hemline, the actual length-length of your hair.

I agree with that, because the section of hair has already been cut and all that’s happening is a change in shape.

missmelaniem
October 13th, 2023, 08:41 AM
I wanna join but I almost always break these and if I do keep the commitment I dont participate in the thread. I’d love a good solid 6 months of growth though. I’d definitely be at waist, but I’m always tempted to trim to get the remnants of color off. Decisions, decisions. :D

Für immer
October 14th, 2023, 05:24 PM
Already posted and joined the no triming for the full year, but not sure if I'll last that long so I'll join this first half too.
The thought seems less "daunting", that way. :p

Bat
November 6th, 2023, 04:12 AM
Edit: I'll be here and the full year but I'm nor bothered if I fail it. It's to practice for 2025s challenge

Greengable
November 7th, 2023, 09:53 AM
I'm in.
Yehaaa!

ETJ CURLS
November 28th, 2023, 12:29 PM
Last year I trimmed so much between March and June that I think I have to join this to stay on track! The plan is to do a nice little trim after Christmas and then put the scissors down. :)

Bat
December 3rd, 2023, 12:45 AM
Ignore post I'll edit the older one

Obsidian
December 4th, 2023, 02:20 PM
I joining this one. I've ben doing pretty good these last few months, lets see if I can keep it up

Wyldfae's Mane
December 5th, 2023, 07:23 AM
I'll join!
I used Feye's method to self-trim my hair for the first time last night. I'm still hip length! The plan is to S&D as much as I need to from now until January, then see how long I can go without it until I need to do it again. I'm hoping I won't need to touch scissors again until the challenge ends!

ravin_de_csupo
December 21st, 2023, 07:03 AM
I’m in as well. Last year I had a series of mishaps with different hairstylists. Each time I went to a new one they wanted to trim to fix the mistakes of the previous one. I think I’m done with trims for a while.

Diana Prince
December 21st, 2023, 08:52 AM
I'm in, I think I'll end up trimming at the end of May, but this challenge will keep me motivated to keep on growing.

vanillacake
December 28th, 2023, 01:39 PM
Joining in, my last trim will be next week. Was tempted to join the no trim 2024 but don't want to lose a blunt hemline. Or risk getting a lot of split ends and end up losing all that growth.

Für immer
December 28th, 2023, 04:19 PM
Joining in, my last trim will be next week. Was tempted to join the no trim 2024 but don't want to lose a blunt hemline. Or risk getting a lot of split ends and end up losing all that growth.

You mean s&d is not allowed for the "No trim 2024"? :hmm:
It is for this challenge at least.

vanillacake
December 28th, 2023, 05:24 PM
S&D is allowed for the no trim 2024. It’s just that my hair seems to split easily once it gets past APL and I am not sure if it could withstand a year without a trim. Even now I have splits above my hemline, and I can’t get them all with S&D, so I’d rather trim than go shorter. I’m new to LHC, so hoping to learn more about hair care and preventing split ends.

Für immer
December 28th, 2023, 05:40 PM
S&D is allowed for the no trim 2024. It’s just that my hair seems to split easily once it gets past APL and I am not sure if it could withstand a year without a trim. Even now I have splits above my hemline, and I can’t get them all with S&D, so I’d rather trim than go shorter. I’m new to LHC, so hoping to learn more about hair care and preventing split ends.

Ah, I see. Yes, I see why that might be a problem.
Welcome to the forums, and I'm sure you’ll learn á lot about haircare here. :D

Reyn127
December 29th, 2023, 10:57 AM
Ohhhhhh I might have to sign myself up for this, it's been a few years since I've participated in a no trim challenge but I think now could be a good time to do it again even though I bet it will be difficult to resist micro trimming a few times since that's what I've been doing for a little bit now. I had a mishap with a leaf blower and had to cut off about 3 inches of hair in November which sucked because I was like an inch or two away from my final goal length at that time. But doing this challenge would get me right back to where I was at before.....

Onthepath
December 30th, 2023, 03:11 PM
I’m in too!

MegaHAVOC
December 30th, 2023, 07:38 PM
I joined the no trim 2024 challenge and am going to join this one too. I may have to do a very small micro trim mid year due to my ends being damaged from bleaching over henna. I’ve cut most of it off and don’t see any splits at the moment by there’s a few inches of henna/repeatedly bleached hair on the longer half of my hair so we shall see how it goes. K18 def worked some miracles on my hair … haha

giraff
December 31st, 2023, 02:46 AM
I’m in :cheer:

I would like to see if I can get anywhere near hip next year. Haven’t measured yet, so don’t know if it’s even possible! Just had a trim before xmas, so I’m hoping to wait until December to go to the salon again. Trying for half a year first :)

Bat
December 31st, 2023, 07:35 PM
cross post starting point https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1141220751010177104/1191206237568774194/20240101_131036.jpg?ex=65a49842&is=65922342&hm=751e4d26af01ee0d6270f86d3ccd5dde61538c7ba0803a1 7638fcccde209d2c5&

LongLocke
January 1st, 2024, 08:38 AM
https://i.imgur.com/vCzCvYLh.jpg

Let’s gooooo! Starting point is 34”

Für immer
January 2nd, 2024, 06:33 AM
https://i.ibb.co/M2Njf7v/20240102-135239.jpg (https://ibb.co/f10K9Hg)

Just did á small trim, so starting length is 31'8 (80 cm).

Ylva
January 2nd, 2024, 10:02 AM
Had my trim a month ago - let's see how long I will go until the next one. My hair and I seem quite happy with this current twice a year trimming schedule! I'll see later if I want to get my hair trimmed earlier in the summer for some event. I'll try to get a starting pic taken soon.

cookies
January 5th, 2024, 07:27 AM
Alright y’all, I’m officially in! Just came back from my trim :D
I had about an inch taken from the length (guesstimating here) and then some relatively mellow layers to cut most of the remaining bleach. If I hadn’t trimmed now, I would’ve been calling WL sometime next month, but now I’ll probably have to wait until around May. I’m fairly confident I’ll still be at WL after July’s trim though so I’m very excited for summertime mermaid length :cheer: Oh, and next trim will also fiiiiiinally rid me of the last bleach bits!
Happy growing everyone!

P.S. I did take photos before and after the trim, which I’ll post sometime later.

ETJ CURLS
January 5th, 2024, 12:09 PM
I'm ready!! Reverted my hair back curly and trimmed about an inch off while it was wet. Still in midback abyss, but hopefully I'll reach waist by the end of the challenge!

Wyldfae's Mane
January 6th, 2024, 06:30 PM
https://imgur.com/c2KSEHp.jpg

January's length shot!

Best of luck for the challenge, everyone! :D

Celtia
January 13th, 2024, 10:51 AM
I'm in! Last trim was in November, and the longest I ever went was 5 months during Covid. The ends were noticeably thinning at that point, and that's not a look I'm targeting, so I think this is the right challenge for me. I do think I need some decent scissors for S&D though, since I haven't had splits in a really long time, and I'll want to keep on top of those.

Chasemi
January 15th, 2024, 09:33 AM
I truly love reading these threads, so while I'm going for the whole year I'll chit chat here too!

https://i.ibb.co/vXrFQ6F/Screenshot-20240115-111134-Photos.jpg (https://ibb.co/vXrFQ6F)
https://i.ibb.co/nBWmhw0/Screenshot-20240115-111201-Photos.jpg (https://ibb.co/nBWmhw0)

This is my hair on Jan. 2, wet and dry

pisinoe
January 15th, 2024, 01:01 PM
I had my last haircut 21st October and I really want to get to belly button and maybe beyond it before I get my next one. Let's see how long I last here.

sofie
January 18th, 2024, 01:59 PM
joining!!!

this should be easy because the end of the challenge coincides with the month that i will likely be reaching my goal length. i'm motivated to keep going and not remove any length until that happens.

pumpkinsage
January 18th, 2024, 06:07 PM
Joining this thread! I can't do the year round one cause my ends are so damaged from bleaching so I'll just do the first half

ETJ CURLS
January 18th, 2024, 06:44 PM
I'm thinking I might hold off on getting highlights again until the end of this challenge. That way I can get a trim and colour all in one go. :hmm:

Für immer
January 19th, 2024, 03:48 AM
I'm thinking I might hold off on getting highlights again until the end of this challenge. That way I can get a trim and colour all in one go. :hmm:

Sounds like a good plan to me. :)

ETJ CURLS
January 21st, 2024, 12:10 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me. :)

Thanks; now the question is whether to trim myself before the colour (cheaper, less time at the salon) or have the stylist do it for me.

Just did a little S&D since I had the time, and honestly, the splits and knots were WAY better than I was expecting. I think this'll definitely help me stay ahead of the damage so I won't have to trim too much once the challenge ends.

bushkin
January 22nd, 2024, 08:02 AM
How do you know when it's time to trim? I've been trying S&D to prevent a proper trim but it's really discouraging. I am growing my hair out from a mullet so I have lots of different lengths going on. It is currently at midback and I've blunt cut 2 or 3 times since I decided to grow it back out. It's almost been a full year since I trimmed the ends but my shorter layers have the most splits because I've just been wanting them to grown as much as possible.

Here are a couple photos of my current hair. I lifted some of the shorter layers in one of the pics so you can see them better.

What are my options? What would you do?

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49646&d=1705803934
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49654&d=1705935407

ETJ CURLS
January 22nd, 2024, 09:12 AM
From looks alone, Bushkin your hair looks fine to me! I totally understand wanting to get rid of splits if they are aesthetically bothering you, but what I think is more important is whether they're affection the quality of your haircare.

Is your brush/comb always snagging in the ends no matter how careful or gentle you are? Do the ends seem like they are turning to dust and disintegrating? Do the ends stick together or mat easily? Are your ends super dry? Do the splits seem contained to the last few inches are do the appear to be traveling up? Do you have little white dots everywhere?

If the answer is no, then you're probably fine to just keep S & Ding until the end of the challenge. However, if you've been taking good care of your hair, and are still experiencing issues and your hair appears to be getting WORSE, then trimming might be best. Hope that makes sense!

(But really, it looks fine!)

Katarina981
January 22nd, 2024, 11:37 AM
I trimmed earlier this month since I hadn't trimmed the last 6 months of last year. I made it to BSL from APL but had to remove 2 inches. Even after a deep condition, those ends just needed to go. I thought about maybe entertaining a trim around May or June. Oiling ends and managing mids better than previously so hopefully, I won't have to trim at all. Maybe a little bit of search and destroy if anything at all.

bushkin
January 22nd, 2024, 12:05 PM
From looks alone, Bushkin your hair looks fine to me! I totally understand wanting to get rid of splits if they are aesthetically bothering you, but what I think is more important is whether they're affection the quality of your haircare.

Is your brush/comb always snagging in the ends no matter how careful or gentle you are? Do the ends seem like they are turning to dust and disintegrating? Do the ends stick together or mat easily? Are your ends super dry? Do the splits seem contained to the last few inches are do the appear to be traveling up? Do you have little white dots everywhere?

If the answer is no, then you're probably fine to just keep S & Ding until the end of the challenge. However, if you've been taking good care of your hair, and are still experiencing issues and your hair appears to be getting WORSE, then trimming might be best. Hope that makes sense!

(But really, it looks fine!)

Thanks for responding. The ends of my shorter layers are starting to feel crispy and I am getting tangles all over. My conundrum is that even if I wanted to trim, I would have to go to the salon and have my layers cut and I do not trust hairdressers an inch.

rudderbird
January 22nd, 2024, 12:27 PM
Hi my friends!

My hair is currently at midback length and I am determined not to trim until July. This seems reasonable since I use Olaplex No 3 for repairing damaged ends and I want to reach Waist Length asap! I need 2 good inches to reach there - that translates to 4 months at least. The next 2 months I will just be observing my hemline and then I will trim about 1 inch. :D That's the plan - hope it works out. This year I will be super busy!

olivetime
January 22nd, 2024, 04:12 PM
This threads works for me! I cut my hair back to above shoulder in May 2023, so no trims til the end of June feels like good timing.

Bat
January 22nd, 2024, 10:33 PM
How do you know when it's time to trim? I've been trying S&D to prevent a proper trim but it's really discouraging. I am growing my hair out from a mullet so I have lots of different lengths going on. It is currently at midback and I've blunt cut 2 or 3 times since I decided to grow it back out. It's almost been a full year since I trimmed the ends but my shorter layers have the most splits because I've just been wanting them to grown as much as possible.

Here are a couple photos of my current hair. I lifted some of the shorter layers in one of the pics so you can see them better.

What are my options? What would you do?

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49646&d=1705803934
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49654&d=1705935407

Your hair looks beautiful to me I don't visually see anything wrong

ETJ CURLS
January 23rd, 2024, 09:51 AM
Thanks for responding. The ends of my shorter layers are starting to feel crispy and I am getting tangles all over. My conundrum is that even if I wanted to trim, I would have to go to the salon and have my layers cut and I do not trust hairdressers an inch.

Would a product like olaplex or k18 help you just to get through until they're long enough to for you trim yourself, do you think?

bushkin
January 23rd, 2024, 03:14 PM
Would a product like olaplex or k18 help you just to get through until they're long enough to for you trim yourself, do you think?

I don't know! I've never used either of these products. I am very sensitive to artificial fragrance so I don't usually buy hair products unless I can smell them first. From what I've heard these products are both really expensive, no?

ETJ CURLS
January 24th, 2024, 11:27 AM
I don't know! I've never used either of these products. I am very sensitive to artificial fragrance so I don't usually buy hair products unless I can smell them first. From what I've heard these products are both really expensive, no?

You may be better off avoiding them then. Olaplex in particular had some issues with their fragrance causing issue for people a while back. :hmm:

(And yes, they're both pricey, k18 more so, but they do work on very damaged hair pretty well to at least stop damage in its tracks. I've never used k18 myself, although I've seen it work to great effect both for colour and heat damage, but olaplex was definitely worth the investment for me. The good thing about these products is you don't have to use them on your entire head, just the parts that need a little TLC.)

bushkin
January 24th, 2024, 11:58 AM
You may be better off avoiding them then. Olaplex in particular had some issues with their fragrance causing issue for people a while back. :hmm:

(And yes, they're both pricey, k18 more so, but they do work on very damaged hair pretty well to at least stop damage in its tracks. I've never used k18 myself, although I've seen it work to great effect both for colour and heat damage, but olaplex was definitely worth the investment for me. The good thing about these products is you don't have to use them on your entire head, just the parts that need a little TLC.)

Yeah, I better stear clear of olaplex then. I've heard good things about the L'Oreal ever pure bond repair line but I smelled it at Walmart today and it was way too stinky for me unfortunately. Thank you for the recs regardless! I've been oiling my ends after washing and doing more regular castor masks, and I can tell quite a difference. I'm just gonna try to keep that up this year!

Reyn127
January 31st, 2024, 12:53 PM
I know I'm a little bit late, but I wanted to finally share my starting length photo so I can compare it to where I'll end up in early July. I haven't trimmed since November, but I just took this today:
https://i.postimg.cc/yNd3r4ZB/IMG-0778.png (https://postimg.cc/xXwdcZ5F)

Judging from the photo, I'm about an inch past the fold in the back of my knees. I'm hoping this no-trim challenge will set me solidly into my goal length range of upper calf length finally, barring any unforseen setbacks (like the leaf blower sucking up a chunk of my hair in November which made me decide to cut off 3 inches despite being just about to reach my final goal :( ) Maybe I'll measure the length for a more accurate starting and ending point when I get the chance, but we'll see. My hair grows at a pretty average rate so I should be able to expect 3 inches of growth by the end of this challenge.

ETJ CURLS
January 31st, 2024, 01:26 PM
Looks great, Reyn12! I'm sure you'll hit your goal by the end of the challenge.

floridaorchid
January 31st, 2024, 03:24 PM
Joining in! Haven't had a trim since December 2023! I enjoyed the last challenge.

TheMandaRose
February 2nd, 2024, 09:11 AM
Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve been on here. Probably close to a year. In July my hair was midback length. I worked in a job that required me to have my hair completely secured, off my collar and braids/ponytails were not secure enough by policy. I suffer from migraines and couldn’t find any way of securing my hair that would satisfy policy that didn’t cause my migraines to get worse so I cut my hair into a pixie. While I love the convenience of it and how much cooler it is during the Texas summer, I miss my hair and all the styles I used to be able to do (that’s didn’t cause pain), plus the cost of the upkeep getting cuts every 2 months or so to keep it looking good… oh and I have a different position with different “grooming” requirements so I feel like it’s safe to grow my hair back out. Anyways. So I’m back and jumping on the no-trim challenge, hoping for the encouragement, support and community that I know comes with LHC.

ETJ CURLS
February 2nd, 2024, 06:46 PM
Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve been on here. Probably close to a year. In July my hair was midback length. I worked in a job that required me to have my hair completely secured, off my collar and braids/ponytails were not secure enough by policy. I suffer from migraines and couldn’t find any way of securing my hair that would satisfy policy that didn’t cause my migraines to get worse so I cut my hair into a pixie. While I love the convenience of it and how much cooler it is during the Texas summer, I miss my hair and all the styles I used to be able to do (that’s didn’t cause pain), plus the cost of the upkeep getting cuts every 2 months or so to keep it looking good… oh and I have a different position with different “grooming” requirements so I feel like it’s safe to grow my hair back out. Anyways. So I’m back and jumping on the no-trim challenge, hoping for the encouragement, support and community that I know comes with LHC.

Sorry to hear that you had to cut your hair! I wonder if something like milkmaid braids will help in the future?

floridaorchid
February 2nd, 2024, 07:42 PM

I’m glad you are feeling better and I’m a situation to grow your hair again! Welcome back and I hope the challenge treats you well

TheMandaRose
February 3rd, 2024, 06:33 AM
I tried milkmaid braids, hair taping, every style I could find that was completely contained that I thought might be comfortable for me including some I can’t remember the names for. I tried several different types of pins (even tried making my own from copper, wood or resin), clips, hair sticks, hair ties, bun cages… I tried everything I could think of to put it up in a way that wouldn’t hurt. I bent the rules until they almost broke as far as how far I could push the policy.
Sorry, I know I didn’t really clarify all that in my earlier post.

Stray_mind
February 13th, 2024, 01:59 AM
Hello. I'm in!

floridaorchid
February 13th, 2024, 08:43 PM
Been doing a mini S&D every night

Vintagerapunzel
February 18th, 2024, 10:21 PM
I'm in. My last cut was July 2023...I think I will want a little trim by July 2024. In the past I have gone 2 years without any cuts on my hair. 6 more months should be good for my growth goals.

Bri-Chan
February 19th, 2024, 05:56 AM
I'm joining too. In the next months I'll apply some major changes in my life and I need to adjust to them while not touching my hair. My last trim was in December.

ETJ CURLS
February 29th, 2024, 09:44 AM
Fighting the urge to just snip the ends. More knots are starting to pop up (which bother me far more than regular splits, as they catch and it's easier to break off the hair). I did a little S&D session and that helped, hoping the urge to snip passes quickly.

cadaverinna
March 4th, 2024, 04:09 PM
Quick update: I'm back to working in a salon, so my hair is getting a lot of attention -- that meaning heat. I'll try and protect it from heat damage as much as possible and keep it once a week at most, but everything is just so exciting!! Soon I'll settle down and get back to updos and stuff, but here's what it's looking like now:
https://i.postimg.cc/QBVKjh48/430107397-1103502394314897-3923767247518118893-n.jpg (https://postimg.cc/QBVKjh48)

I'll S&D any day now, but the U-shaped hemline is bothering me. I'm used to super thick, straight hems, but I'm forcing myself to try it out a bit more. I also don't want to take off any length until I get my highlights retouched, since my regrowth is so long(almost a year since the last time) and I think it'd look weird.

Aerya
March 4th, 2024, 11:57 PM
Quick update: I'm back to working in a salon, so my hair is getting a lot of attention -- that meaning heat. I'll try and protect it from heat damage as much as possible and keep it once a week at most, but everything is just so exciting!! Soon I'll settle down and get back to updos and stuff, but here's what it's looking like now:
https://i.postimg.cc/QBVKjh48/430107397-1103502394314897-3923767247518118893-n.jpg (https://postimg.cc/QBVKjh48)

I'll S&D any day now, but the U-shaped hemline is bothering me. I'm used to super thick, straight hems, but I'm forcing myself to try it out a bit more. I also don't want to take off any length until I get my highlights retouched, since my regrowth is so long(almost a year since the last time) and I think it'd look weird.

Your hair looks gorgeous! I love the dress too :heart:

Für immer
March 6th, 2024, 09:21 AM
So far, I'm doing good, though I have had the thought of getting bangs again. So, yeah... will wait until the challenge is over and then see if I want to do something about that.
It wouldn't be shorter than to my chin in that case, so not much reason to even do it, I think. :hmm:

vanillacake
March 6th, 2024, 10:01 AM
Coming up to three months...normally I get a trim at that time. A little part of me is worried about split ends...but seeing the past discussions here about split ends has given me less reason for worry.

Für immer
March 6th, 2024, 01:15 PM
Coming up to three months...normally I get a trim at that time. A little part of me is worried about split ends...but seeing the past discussions here about split ends has given me less reason for worry.

Well, I don't really subscribe to the idea that you get split ends from not cutting/trimming. Why a person ends up with splits can be caused by a number of reasons, after all. :)

floridaorchid
March 8th, 2024, 05:11 PM
Three months are done, started to feel like my ends are crunchy. I upped my oil treatments and changed my conditioner and now it feels better

jlw9222
March 8th, 2024, 07:41 PM
I'm totally in for this. I haven't trimmed or cut my hair since March 2022. I've managed to go from above shoulders to just past BSL. I find myself continuously extending my goal. I did this when I grew my hair out the first time years ago. :-) I plan to continue on to BCL. I really liked that length.

QueenLapis
March 12th, 2024, 11:05 PM
In for this! Trimmed my hair in the first week of the year and will try to hold out till the end of the year!

nitagurl
March 18th, 2024, 05:57 AM
I trimmed my boyfriends hair this past weekend and now I feel great. I convinced him to grow it out about 5 years ago (maybe longer?) and I still remember how precarious the whole situation was lol. It was a battle of the wits every single time he even mentioned going to a barber shop. There were so many times he was literally walking out the door for a shape-up and I was able to convince him to just "hold on a sec, I need your help with this REALLY important thing that has to be done at this exact moment...". It eventually, finally, passed the 'ugly stage' and he started to feel less and less pressure to cut it all off. THANK GOD. Because long hair on him looks absolutely amazing - just like I knew it would :happydance:.

He hasn't had scissors near his hair in all this time. I washed his hair for him, blow dried it (he's never had his hair blow dried before??), and then gave it a clean trim using the hair tie method. Even with how rough he handles his hair, it's at the middle of his back - at his height, that would easily be a little above hip length for me.

If I fuss over his hair too much, he'll grow tired of it and probably revist the whole barber shop idea again. So we'll do another trim in a couple of years and I'll happily keep my mouth shut about it.

ETJ CURLS
March 22nd, 2024, 08:40 PM
I think I'm going to trim off about two inches once I reach the end of this challenge. :hmm:

floridaorchid
March 29th, 2024, 05:30 PM
I didn't do a big enough trim between this challange and the last one, I think. All of a sudden my ends have just been dry and frizzy. I tried different hydro hair masks, and just nothing.
I had to trim 2 inches today. Best of luck everyone!

pumpkinsage
April 6th, 2024, 08:29 PM
Dropping out, couldn't resist cutting off 1.5 cm of my ends and I don't regret it!

TheMandaRose
April 7th, 2024, 07:30 PM
I’m still hanging in there but just barely. My pixie is at that awkward point where it’s getting in my eyes and down my collar. I almost caved and went in for a trim/shape up but the lady I normally go to was booked all the way to mid May. I took that as a sign to hold out and avoid the scissors for now. I can’t wait to get past this awkward stage and get enough length to start doing some braids. And I’m trying to take comfort in the fact that I’m starting over with virgin hair and can handle it carefully to allow it to grow back with way less damage than it had before I cut it.

QueenLapis
April 9th, 2024, 09:33 PM
I had to drop out of this because I grew so irritated by all the layers in my bleached, heat damaged hair! The longest layer was about 20cm longer than the shortest one and it looked so stringy and sad. Chopped off 10cm from the length and it looks so much thicker and healthier! I will try my best to leave it for the rest of the year – at least there are no split ends anymore :cool: !

sofie
April 26th, 2024, 05:31 PM
Still hanging in there! I almost caved in today as I realized I could cut back to tailbone and have a nice hemline, then go from there. I don't want it blunt but my ends are getting so wispy. Decided against it, I should be just barely reaching classic by mid June!

ETJ CURLS
April 26th, 2024, 06:23 PM
Still here as well! I might drop out in early June though, it all depends on when I can get into the salon for fresh highlights. :hmm:

Chasemi
April 26th, 2024, 09:28 PM
I'm also still in! Hair is growing nicely and I'm trying to keep up with S/D

Lady Winchester
April 26th, 2024, 10:36 PM
Haven't broken mine either, even though Mom asked a few times (time to start learning how to trim it myself, since she won't be around forever, and what happens if I move somewhere else, since I don't trust hairdressers). I think I can wait another month and a half for a trim (since I had to wait longer when I was growing it back from losing it to chemo)? :wink:

Für immer
April 29th, 2024, 09:41 PM
Still here, but have been contemplating dropping out, as I really would like to trim the ends. Will see...

Onthepath
May 14th, 2024, 06:09 PM
I’ve managed not to obsess on my hair so far and plan to continue through June. Have an urge to trim the ends today but what’s a month and a half more?

Chasemi
May 14th, 2024, 11:24 PM
I think I'm still good to make the year, but I'm not at all worried about the half year challenge (:

Für immer
May 19th, 2024, 03:52 AM
Well, 19th of may, so I might as well stick to the end of june. :p

Chasemi
May 19th, 2024, 10:37 AM
Still feeling good!

ETJ CURLS
May 19th, 2024, 11:24 AM
My ends are starting to get super tangly even with S&D so I'll be dropping out early before mid june. Holding on until then though and just closing my eyes to the knots.

Für immer
May 19th, 2024, 11:49 AM
My ends are starting to get super tangly even with S&D so I'll be dropping out early before mid june. Holding on until then though and just closing my eyes to the knots.

It's too bad, but understand why you feel that's the best thing to do. :)

cookies
May 20th, 2024, 10:34 AM
I think my hair wants a trim every 3-4 months but I’m not backing down. It helps that the hairdresser is expensive, far away and overbooked :lol: I just realized it’s time to book my appointment and the next available is on July 13th, so I’ll be a bit late for the next challenge but oh well.
I’m also going on a beach vacation July 1-5 and was wondering wether to get the trim before or after that, but I guess that’s settled now :D

The most annoying part is that I’m almost at waist finally, after calling MBL a year ago, but thanks to the upcoming trim I’ll probably reach it for like a day and then have to wait another month or two to be properly there…