PDA

View Full Version : 1b/c ii People - Advice for WL hair?

WednesdayAddams
October 3rd, 2023, 04:32 PM
So my goal is shorter than a lot of people here. I only want to grow it to waist length. It starts getting stringy just after my shoulders. I feel like I'm going to look like Gollum or Cindy Lou Who if I try to grow it even *to* waist, much less beyond it.

You can see in my siggie how my hair looked with layers. I recently cut it back so there are no layers (or I guess minimal layers). It looks thicker at this length but I'd hate to have to stay here so I know I'm still going to grow it.

Does anybody with hair like mine have WL hair? Can you share a pic? Or offer some advice on how to make it seem thick? So far I am:

* cutting so there are minimal layers (but I do have bangs, I love them)
* using henna - it definitely makes my hair feel substantial
* quitting the bleach/highlights

I'd love any other words of advice. Thanks!

sarana
October 3rd, 2023, 07:19 PM
I've just kinda submitted to the fact that my hair will always be stringy, and just roll with that.

The things you already do are good. Some temporary extra volume can be gained with braid or bun waves, and having clean shampooed hair. Also do everything in your power to have as little breakage as possible. Basic lhc stuff: protective styles, gentle brushing, silk pillowcases etc.

I'm looking forward to the input of others, maybe I'll get some ideas too :p

Nefcerka
October 4th, 2023, 03:59 AM
I've just kinda submitted to the fact that my hair will always be stringy, and just roll with that.

Exactly this :D I am almost BCL and hide my stringiness in buns and I am happy with it.

Ylva
October 4th, 2023, 06:06 AM
I don't fall into the category you describe, but if washing upside down is an option for you, I definitely recommend that. It gives lots of volume.

MusicalSpoons
October 9th, 2023, 06:31 PM
I went to your profile as there's no signature pic appearing here, and I think if you lean into your curls then the natural taper will look both intentional and gorgeous.

… and I've just seen the title says '1b/1c', was that a typo and you meant 2b/2c?