PDA

View Full Version : Regrowth but still shedding loads

Marymary
October 3rd, 2023, 03:01 AM
Hello all, sorry to be asking another shedding question but after having Covid in June I’m still shedding about 3 or 4 times my normal amount. I have started to see hair regrowing and sticking up about 1/2 inch or so. Do you think this means the shedding will slow down soon? Anyone who has experience of this have any insight. This has been going on about 6 weeks so far. Also now terrified of catching covid again and have it all start up again.

Ylva
October 3rd, 2023, 03:49 AM
Regrowth would still happen in its due time regardless of whether the shedding is slowing down or not, but if you are shedding less than before, that's a good sign.

foreveryours
October 3rd, 2023, 04:39 AM
In my experience, "sheds" span several months from start to finish, definitely not a weekend deal. When it stops it seems to stop as suddenly as it begins and just as onset is quite noticable, so is its end. It doesn't seem to be a gradual thing. You WILL notice.

Ylva
October 3rd, 2023, 04:53 AM
In my experience, "sheds" span several months from start to finish, definitely not a weekend deal. When it stops it seems to stop as suddenly as it begins and just as onset is quite noticable, so is its end. It doesn't seem to be a gradual thing. You WILL notice.

The only time I've experienced a proper shed (telogen effluvium in late 2019), the final ending was very sudden! One day, I just wasn't shedding anymore. It was very strange. But the overall timeline was kind of as follows, and I think I posted this in the earlier thread, too, but anyway:

Month 1: shedding increased gradually, I began to suspect I was shedding more than usual
Months 2 and 3: heavy shedding (not exaggerating if I say 10 times the normal amount; I would clog the shower drain twice per wash), heavy stress about shedding
Month 4: shedding decreased gradually, I began to suspect I was shedding less
Then suddenly one day: shedding went to almost 0

SandyBottom
October 3rd, 2023, 05:36 AM
Mine lasted about 3 months IIRC, and yes, it ended suddenly for me too. I have a lot of new hairs in general so not sure how much of it is regrowth after the shed and how much is due to better care since joining here. Some of it is obviously from before because it's inches longer. I hope this passes soon. Hang in there.

embee
October 3rd, 2023, 05:38 AM
That's kinda what I noticed too. Which is why I was uncertain about what caused the shedding - either sickness (sinus infection) or the covid vax.

Unfortunately I'm noticing more shedding recently - and I hope hope hope it's normal fall shedding, but ... ????