PDA

View Full Version : Has there been any change you've made that has actually made your hair grow faster?

EggLover
September 23rd, 2023, 04:48 PM
Even if it was only a little faster lol?

A most sincere thank you in advance!

WednesdayAddams
September 23rd, 2023, 11:32 PM
Nothing makes my hair grow faster. It didn't even grow "faster" during pregnancy, shedding was just suspended so that it looked temporarily thicker. Diet, exercise, rest, biotin, nothing affects the rate of growth. I try to love it wherever it is. :D

Nini
September 24th, 2023, 04:10 AM
Nothing that makes it grow faster, but I did stop cutting it. That helped a lot on the length ;)

Ylva
September 24th, 2023, 04:28 AM
It’s more about length retention than growth speed. How to keep the length that you do get, no matter what speed it comes in at.

The only special thing that has affected my growth speed is the “inversion method”. One time I did it right after getting my root bleach touched up, so I had absolutely no regrowth, and was able to grow my hair almost 1 cm in a week. But that’s my only certain experience of increasing growth like that, and I’ve not particularly tracked my growth in ages now.

Other than that, I assume that my lifestyle plays a part in maintaining a steady growth rate. I eat a lot of meat, especially red meat, and animal fat. I exercise moderately.

constancev18
September 24th, 2023, 10:33 AM
Marking a spot-I'm just starting a low-inflammation diet and will report if I notice any or no impact on growth (I usually grow .25-.33 a month, so a slow grower).

paulownia
September 25th, 2023, 04:22 AM
Drinking nettle tea and yeast is so far my favourite when it comes to speeding up hair growth ;)
I use scalp peeling and scalp treatments ( hair tonics) regularly, they maybe doesn't make hair grow faster per se but I get tons of baby hair ;)

GordonMurphella
September 25th, 2023, 05:46 AM
In a word, no. But I've got a lovely bridge I'd like to sell you! :)

Patience, grasshopper, is the only thing.

luxurioushair
September 28th, 2023, 03:03 PM
I've put it in twists and kept it tied up every single day for about the past year. I only wear it down my shoulders while it's drying, but even then it's in twists. It started growing wayyy more and the ends are in much better condition because they're not rubbing against my pillow and every chair I sit on.
I strongly believe that drinking lots of water, eating protein (eggs/meat) and doing light aerobics made my hair grow faster.

Priska
October 2nd, 2023, 03:55 PM
I don't know why my hair has been growing fast lately, but at least I've been drinking huge amounts of water and doing some scalp massages with my head down. And eating healthy.

Lady Winchester
October 2nd, 2023, 09:37 PM
Nope, same routine I've always had. It grows at the same speed it's always grown (perhaps a bit faster in warmer weather) regardless of diet, exercise or how many products I use (only one currently; my usual 2 in 1 anti dandruff shampoo plus conditioner). The only time it grew slower was in high school when I was constantly dying it all of the time (probably because it was so damaged from the hair dye), since it didn't grow much past shoulder length. When I started leaving it alone was when it started to get longer (and healthier) and I didn't dye it again until 2005 when I dyed it a darker shade of red (since I was still a strawberry blonde at the time; not so much anymore. Chemo or aging darkened it to a medium golden brown).

Ddeathflower
October 4th, 2023, 05:13 AM
Protecting and oiling the end/tips of you hair will help stop breakage which is the reason hair growth will appear to stall. Massaging your scalp may stimulate blood flow to the hair follicles and increase hair growth and quality.

embee
October 7th, 2023, 04:27 PM
Once I stopped trimming, I started seeing growth. When I learned to make an updo that was easy and comfortable, that helped a lot - I no longer stalled at bra-strap.

jel
October 10th, 2023, 04:24 AM
For me, getting enough protein really helped. Enough being at least 1.5 to 2.2 grams (of protein, not protein-containing food) per kg of weight. For example, 3 large hard boiled eggs have 19g protein. In addition, healthy fats and a rainbow of veg.

missmelaniem
October 13th, 2023, 10:25 AM
There’s some data (idk where) that supports rosemary oil helping with hair growth. Dr Dray on YouTube mentioned it and I think her BS meter is pretty good. I have Weleda Rosemary hair oil, but its tough to get it directly on my scalp. Not sure if its working in that regard.