PDA

View Full Version : Scalp stimulation with a hair brush?

Priska
August 8th, 2023, 02:09 PM
Sorry if there is already a topic about this issue, but i don't find anything exactly about this...

But I've just found this myself. How good brushing hair feels in the scalp. I'm using tangle teezer but also Denman brush. I haven't noticed extra shedding. Is this working good as scalp stimulation, and is anyone else using brushing to this? I think this feels less damaging than the shower brush, that is made for this purpose, and brush spikes reach the skin and follicles better I think.

lapushka
August 8th, 2023, 03:35 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like it when I run my wet brush (I use the dupes) over my scalp, but I only brush pre-wash, and post-wash, that's once a week. Just because it feels great, I'm not gonna overdo it, IMHO, that just can't be good. It's like with the 100 brush strokes. Just... no! Just because "they used to do it", doesn't mean it's the best.

embee
August 8th, 2023, 04:22 PM
I like to do 100 per day, so 50 in the morning and 50 before bed. It is very relaxing and I do this "inverted" so the blood is for sure going to my scalp. I also use a Denman brush. I figure it's not hurting, as my hair is regrowing nicely from the frightful shed in early 2001 (I was very sick - not Covid). My mom did 100 morning and 100 evening, and her hair was about hip,IIRC (it's been decades since she died and I wasn't paying that much attention anyway, it was just Long Hair!)

mochichichi
August 8th, 2023, 05:39 PM
I love stimulating my scalp with my brush. I massage with my Tek every morning after detangling. Feels so good. I also give myself a good massage with my fingers whenever my scalp is sore.

SandyBottom
August 8th, 2023, 06:59 PM
I was doing this earlier this year with a wooden brush to help distribute scalp oil and loved the massage effect. It was very comforting and I felt so spoiled! Between having COVID in December and battling migraines for years, scalp massage is very helpful for me. It feels good with my TT also.

cadaverinna
August 9th, 2023, 05:43 AM
I only have tangle teezers w the finer bristles and my scalp is sensitive so I'm out lol Feels like they're scratching me, I hate it. I love my shampoo brush but I use it as a co-wash brush bc of how sensitive my skin is.

For intentional scalp stimulation I'll either use a gua sha comb(dry or oiled) or my fingers(oiled, before washing). My favourite is by far the gua sha comb... It feels like you're still being massaged for like a whole hour after you've finished it. Highly recommend.

Gwendolynn
August 9th, 2023, 10:41 AM
I only started brushing my hair again a few years ago and the main reason for it was scalp stimulation! I use a wooden brush with sturdy bristles (the ones with the little bulbs on the end which are made from one piece of wood so my hair does not get caught in between the ball and the pin). I have been really enjoying it!

shelomit
August 10th, 2023, 01:44 PM
I find it necessarily to brush or comb my scalp pretty thoroughly while washing. Otherwise, I'm not able to rinse it well. I think this is due to some combination of the texture my hair acquires when wet and the fact that my fingers are kind of big and blunt ( ; I can't reach right down to my scalp to rinse the water through, so the comb or brush becomes necessary. It feels nice into the bargain.