PDA

View Full Version : I got a charmeuse silk pillowcase!

Curlsgirl
November 17th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I bought just ONE on ebay. I thought if I liked it I would buy another to match. It feels SO wonderful! I can't wait to sleep on it tonight!

rymorg2
November 17th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I bought just ONE on ebay. I thought if I liked it I would buy another to match. It feels SO wonderful! I can't wait to sleep on it tonight!

I LOVE my satin pillowcases......I'll bet you'll be comfy cozy! Enjoy!

Curlsgirl
November 18th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Wow! I LOVE this pillowcase! I had used several different satin ones but this silk one is SO much more comfortable! It's not quite as slick and it's much softer. Now I want the whole sheet set! The pillowcase was like $25 by itself so I doubt I'll be getting the whole set anytime soon. At least my hair will be taken care of though! :D

kiora
November 18th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I've been looking around and found some silk pillowcases for $10 here in Sweden. Might have to try one now. :)

Edit: Ordered one. They didn't even charge me for shipping. :D

joyfulmom4
November 18th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Sounds lovely!

Curlsgirl
November 18th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I've been looking around and found some silk pillowcases for $10 here in Sweden. Might have to try one now. :)

Edit: Ordered one. They didn't even charge me for shipping. :D

Is it the Charmeuse silk? Apparently they are higher quality silk.

Comfrey
November 18th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Thats what I use :)

Charmeuse is a way of making a satin material I believe and so all satins were originally silk.

I love mine and I have bought my daughters some for Christmas. The sheet sets are really expensive though :(

Missie
November 18th, 2008, 02:42 PM
once you've slept on a real silk pillow case you don't want to sleep on anything else.. I love mine.. with a smallish feather pillow inside.. its so moldable and comfy..

Curlsgirl
November 18th, 2008, 03:26 PM
once you've slept on a real silk pillow case you don't want to sleep on anything else.. I love mine.. with a smallish feather pillow inside.. its so moldable and comfy..

I can already understand that! I can't use feathers though, I'm allergic!

kiora
November 18th, 2008, 04:26 PM
It didn't say but from the photos they looked really shiny. The other kinds are more matte, right?
It should be here in a few days so I'll report back. ;)

Vitalai
November 18th, 2008, 10:34 PM
When my family went to China a few years ago, I got a silk pillowcase and sheets.

Why am I not using them? :silly: :crazyq:

Thank you for posting this thread! I'll have to dig them out of the drawer and put them to good use.

Curlsgirl
November 19th, 2008, 06:19 AM
It didn't say but from the photos they looked really shiny. The other kinds are more matte, right?
It should be here in a few days so I'll report back. ;)

Well mine aren't as shiny really as the cheaper satin ones I got at Walmart. They're just softer and feel just well different and better. It really is very hard to explain. Let me know how you like yours!

kiora
November 22nd, 2008, 12:06 PM
I got mine the other day, washed it and slept on it last night. It's lovely!
It's habotai silk so it's a bit on the thinner side but sooo soft and silky. No tangles in my hair and my face was less wrinkled in the morning. :D