PDA

View Full Version : Mielle Rosemary Oil opinions

bubbles04
July 22nd, 2023, 06:58 AM
Have you used this oil??
Do you find it effective??

floridaorchid
July 22nd, 2023, 01:27 PM
I've used it! I liked it well, but found castor oil in it to be too thick for my hair. I did find a difference but I was using an additional oil as well.
I used it in pair with amla oil, and I've kept the amla oil in my routine. I'm still seeing improvements in my hair from amla.

Hope that helps.

Shorty89
July 22nd, 2023, 02:24 PM
I haven't used that brand but I love the smell of rosemary and mint.

floridaorchid
July 22nd, 2023, 02:27 PM
It does smell really good Shorty89

bubbles04
July 22nd, 2023, 02:56 PM
I've used it! I liked it well, but found castor oil in it to be too thick for my hair. I did find a difference but I was using an additional oil as well.
I used it in pair with amla oil, and I've kept the amla oil in my routine. I'm still seeing improvements in my hair from amla.

Hope that helps.

How do you use it? I'm currently putting it on kya ends as they are the driest

bubbles04
July 22nd, 2023, 02:57 PM

Hope that helps.

Is your amla oil DIY of store brought??

floridaorchid
July 22nd, 2023, 02:59 PM
Is your amla oil DIY of store brought??

I got it from amazon! This is the exact one I got https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K3MHC9M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I tried making my own before and it didn't go well.

Croww
July 23rd, 2023, 04:58 AM
Caused a lot of shedding for me…. I switched to the innate life rosemary scalp oil and it worked wonders.

bubbles04
July 23rd, 2023, 05:04 AM
I got it from amazon! This is the exact one I got https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K3MHC9M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I tried making my own before and it didn't go well.

Thanks will try this

Aunt Rapunzel
July 23rd, 2023, 08:27 AM
The Mielle and Innate Life rosemary scalp oils both caused a lot of shedding for me. I have no idea why. But I stopped using them both because of that.

kikuhoshi
July 24th, 2023, 09:48 AM
I've used the Mielle oil for about a year, & while I haven't noticed any major issues (just the usual "over oiling my scalp gives me acne" thing), I also haven't noticed any new hair growth. I bought it because my hair has always been thin & I heard that even always-thin hair can have good results, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. My hair is very soft on my scalp, which solved a small problem since I don't condition my scalp so it often seemed drier/more brittle than the rest of my hair. That alone makes the oil worth it to me, so I'll continue to ise it and maybe I'll be able to report back some growth by next year. :)

bubbles04
July 25th, 2023, 08:59 AM
I've used the Mielle oil for about a year, & while I haven't noticed any major issues (just the usual "over oiling my scalp gives me acne" thing), I also haven't noticed any new hair growth. I bought it because my hair has always been thin & I heard that even always-thin hair can have good results, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. My hair is very soft on my scalp, which solved a small problem since I don't condition my scalp so it often seemed drier/more brittle than the rest of my hair. That alone makes the oil worth it to me, so I'll continue to ise it and maybe I'll be able to report back some growth by next year. :)

Same. It doesn't work at all

momof3mary
August 10th, 2023, 06:53 PM
I like the smell of it, but it makes me get pimples on my scalp, so I'm going to use it as a weird perfume oil for aromatherapy. I have had really great luck with certain rosemary shampoos though. Not rosemary mint, just rosemary. The current one I just ordered also has seaweed extract and evening primrose oil in it. It's for oily/combination scalp. It's $4.99 on Amazon for 17 ounces. It's called Bodyburden Project BBP Synergy Planet Rosemary Essential Shampoo. They have an option for dry scalp as well. I'll try it out. My majestic pure that I loved changed their formula last year and my scalp doesn't love it as much as it used to.

angel-baby
August 14th, 2023, 09:50 PM
I haven't tried it, but I know it has a cult following. I like the scalp oils from The Innate Life and Blue Beautifly

eunioa
August 31st, 2023, 06:01 PM
Have you used this oil??
Do you find it effective??

I started using it probably 2 or 3 weeks ago, it smells pretty nice, minty, but if I use too much the smell gives me a headache. Also, I haven't noticed any growth from it I don't think but we'll see!!