PDA

View Full Version : Favourite ways to use aloe?

cadaverinna
July 12th, 2023, 02:11 PM
Been a while since I used aloe on my hair(I mainly just make beverages w it) and I want to try it again. What do you guys like best?

mochichichi
July 12th, 2023, 05:48 PM
I like it as a low hold gel for slicking down fly aways, and recently have been using it in SMT which is working fabulously as my new DT

softheartedandl
July 18th, 2023, 08:25 PM
I've never used aloe in my hair before... Can you use it as a mask/treatment or can you only use it as gel?

TatsuOni
July 18th, 2023, 10:59 PM
I make my own gel and use it against dry hair and scalp. It doesn't behave like a styling hair gel, but just sinks right into my hair.

cadaverinna
July 19th, 2023, 03:21 PM
I've never used aloe in my hair before... Can you use it as a mask/treatment or can you only use it as gel?

Both! You can even add it to henna or cassia btw.

I make my own gel and use it against dry hair and scalp. It doesn't behave like a styling hair gel, but just sinks right into my hair.

Do you use it for flyaways? I've never been one to use gel on my hair so I'm not sure the effect aloe gel has... Does it weigh down the hair or is it one of those super light mousse-y type things?

mochichichi
July 19th, 2023, 03:34 PM
I don't do anything fancy to it like it sounds like Tatsu does, but I use plain aloe gel to stick down my flyaways. It's super light, but I can feel it on my hair later, but I'm not sure how to describe it.

rosenester
July 19th, 2023, 07:59 PM
In the past, I add it to my homemade flaxseed gel and apply as a leave-in styler. Haven’t made this for a while, but remembering how much my hair liked it!

TatsuOni
July 20th, 2023, 02:24 AM
Both! You can even add it to henna or cassia btw.

Do you use it for flyaways? I've never been one to use gel on my hair so I'm not sure the effect aloe gel has... Does it weigh down the hair or is it one of those super light mousse-y type things?

No my hair drinks it up, so it doesn't leave any traces for me personally. But I guess that this can depend on hairtype and if it's homemade or store bought. The ones in the store probably have more texture.

Sometimes I also mix it with purified water and lavendel water in a spray bottle and spray it on my hair. Or use it in my hair mask.