PDA

View Full Version : Grandma bangs

Curlsgirl
November 17th, 2008, 06:26 PM
I know this is a weird question but I am playing a grandma in a play for Christmas. I have the perfect dress, perfect shoes and jewelry and I am going to do a low braided bun and put some gray spray washout color in my hair. My problem is I have straight across bangs and I'm not sure what to do with them. Any ideas? If I leave them like they are would that look okay?

Sammybunny711
November 17th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I think it would look fine :smile:

Elphie
November 17th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Well....

I don't know if this will help much, but this is a friend of mine from another forum doing a tutorial on how to be an old lady for halloween. Could be helpful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=advaCqTyPIY

Curlsgirl
November 17th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Well....

I don't know if this will help much, but this is a friend of mine from another forum doing a tutorial on how to be an old lady for halloween. Could be helpful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=advaCqTyPIY

LOVE that. The hair doesn't since I'm not doing w wig but the rest is great!

Maybe I'll curl my bangs under and just mess them up. Wonder if that would help.

atlantaz3
November 17th, 2008, 06:47 PM
google Mama's Family and do your bangs like Vickie Lawrence did.

Elphie
November 17th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Glad it was useful! She'll be thrilled!

GlennaGirl
November 17th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I would curl them under pretty tightly as one big thick blunt bang that's on the short side.

Curlsgirl
November 17th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I looked at some Vicki Pics from Mama's family but it was clearly a wig. I don't think I could get my bangs to curl that well as they're fine and longer.

As for curling the bangs to look short, I did that for Halloween when I played Lucille Ball. It didn't stay really well but I guess I could use more hair spray. EEK!

jojo
November 18th, 2008, 05:39 PM
You will make a glamorous Grandma regardless of your fringe! dont forget to post pics!

Magdalene
November 18th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Wet set your bangs with either pin curls or with small rollers. this is what they did back in the day. Bangs dry alot faster than the rest of your hair, so even if the rest of your hair won't take a wet set, you should be fine with your bangs. Set it the night before, and it should last all day.