PDA

View Full Version : 12 Year LHC Anniversary

Zesty
May 15th, 2023, 05:32 AM
I've been a little MIA for a while but I happen to be back on exactly my 12th join date anniversary, so I hope it's okay to make a thread anyway.

It's so funny to think back to 18-year-old me, who was battling with waist length hair for the first time! I found the LHC because I was looking for hairstyle ideas (I didn't even know how to French braid or make any kind of bun) and it's been way more than that. I've been more and less active for periods of time, but I always seem to come back. I've learned, experimented, and grown a lot, and I've always appreciated the welcoming environment that the LHC provides. It's a unique space on the internet, especially in the hair care sphere. I needed the break, but I'm always happy to be back (even just as a lurker sometimes).

I think I'm in the happiest place with my hair that I've ever been. My routine isn't what I'd think of as standard for the LHC, but then again, I guess it's a pretty diverse group. YMMV, right? :) I ended up using salon grade products almost exclusively, and I blow dry my hair every time I wash it, and I wear my hair down when it pleases me. I also decided to stop battling with thin ends that I wasn't happy with, and cut back to tailbone-ish in September. I think this is my happy length, and I'm planning to keep it in this zone -- long enough for my favorite Celtic knot bun, but short enough that I don't sit on it. And eventually I'll grow out the bangs completely, but for now they're about collarbone length, and I kind of appreciate that it provides something around my face when the rest of my hair is behind my back.

This is from my latest trim on Saturday. The girl at the barber shop cut it in a bit more of a U shape than I usually get, but I'm actually really digging it.

https://i.imgur.com/qNqLkUO.jpg

Anyway, I don't know if anyone remembers any part of my journey or my old posts, but I appreciate all of you. It's been fun to talk to people over the years.

Ylva
May 15th, 2023, 05:41 AM
Good to see you around again, and happy hairiversary! :)

Aerya
May 15th, 2023, 05:44 AM
Congratulations on your LHC-anniversary! It's always fun seeing your posts, and your hair is looking incredible. :crush:

embee
May 15th, 2023, 05:45 AM
It sure is nice to see other people have found their sweet spot! Makes me feel better about my routine - which never seems to change now. Your hair looks great! Happy Anniversary. :)

AspenSong
May 15th, 2023, 05:46 AM
Hi!! It's so nice to see an older name I recognize. :)

Happy 12 years! Your hair looks just gorgeous in that photo. And it's really wonderful to hear you're happiest with your hair right now, that's what really matters with all the hair growing anyway. It's easy at time to lose sight of that and focus on the little things or milestones....but happy is the best goal to have.

baanoo
May 15th, 2023, 05:50 AM
Happy anniversary, zesty! You were one of the first people I “met” when I first joined here and I always am so happy to see your posts. Your hair is looking great and it’s really amazing how much the journey changes the goal sometimes - I remember when you were grazing knee!

Here’s to many more years of happy hair. :beercheer:

Bat
May 15th, 2023, 06:46 AM
I've been a little MIA for a while but I happen to be back on exactly my 12th join date anniversary, so I hope it's okay to make a thread anyway.

It's so funny to think back to 18-year-old me, who was battling with waist length hair for the first time! I found the LHC because I was looking for hairstyle ideas (I didn't even know how to French braid or make any kind of bun) and it's been way more than that. I've been more and less active for periods of time, but I always seem to come back. I've learned, experimented, and grown a lot, and I've always appreciated the welcoming environment that the LHC provides. It's a unique space on the internet, especially in the hair care sphere. I needed the break, but I'm always happy to be back (even just as a lurker sometimes).

I think I'm in the happiest place with my hair that I've ever been. My routine isn't what I'd think of as standard for the LHC, but then again, I guess it's a pretty diverse group. YMMV, right? :) I ended up using salon grade products almost exclusively, and I blow dry my hair every time I wash it, and I wear my hair down when it pleases me. I also decided to stop battling with thin ends that I wasn't happy with, and cut back to tailbone-ish in September. I think this is my happy length, and I'm planning to keep it in this zone -- long enough for my favorite Celtic knot bun, but short enough that I don't sit on it. And eventually I'll grow out the bangs completely, but for now they're about collarbone length, and I kind of appreciate that it provides something around my face when the rest of my hair is behind my back.

This is from my latest trim on Saturday. The girl at the barber shop cut it in a bit more of a U shape than I usually get, but I'm actually really digging it.

https://i.imgur.com/qNqLkUO.jpg

Anyway, I don't know if anyone remembers any part of my journey or my old posts, but I appreciate all of you. It's been fun to talk to people over the years.

Of course we remember you happy anniversary!

AmaryllisRed
May 15th, 2023, 07:16 AM
Zesty! Your hair looks great! Happy anniversary!

mochichichi
May 15th, 2023, 07:24 AM
The U shape is beautiful!! Hope to see you around more!

Ada-banana
May 15th, 2023, 07:31 AM
You were my hair idol when I was lurking here at LHC. Love your hair, it seems so healthy and I love your half ups.

Mariekeeee14
May 15th, 2023, 09:46 AM
You inspired me to buy the orchid swerve from Lilla rose! Your photo was so great. Of course I remember you :) Congrats on feeling comfortable, that’s the most important

lapis_lazuli
May 15th, 2023, 10:30 AM
Wow 12 years! Happy Anniversary!! Your new cut looks beautiful :)

rosenester
May 15th, 2023, 11:22 AM
Looks so beautiful, i love the u shape! :crush:

SandyBottom
May 15th, 2023, 03:20 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks so healthy and the full u shape hemline is very flattering!

Zesty
May 15th, 2023, 04:36 PM
Thank you everyone for the congratulatory responses! It means a lot.

It sure is nice to see other people have found their sweet spot! Makes me feel better about my routine - which never seems to change now. Your hair looks great! Happy Anniversary. :)

I am amazed that I've been so consistent with my routine for so long, considering how I used to constantly tweak. I'm sure I'll try new things ever, but I'm just so happy with my results that I don't see a reason to try new products or methods all the time.

Hi!! It's so nice to see an older name I recognize. :)

Happy 12 years! Your hair looks just gorgeous in that photo. And it's really wonderful to hear you're happiest with your hair right now, that's what really matters with all the hair growing anyway. It's easy at time to lose sight of that and focus on the little things or milestones....but happy is the best goal to have.

I totally agree. I've gone through periods of time of being super neurotic about my hair and it really was making me unhappy. I feel a lot more Zen now and it's so freeing.

Happy anniversary, zesty! You were one of the first people I “met” when I first joined here and I always am so happy to see your posts. Your hair is looking great and it’s really amazing how much the journey changes the goal sometimes - I remember when you were grazing knee!

Here’s to many more years of happy hair. :beercheer:

I think I just barely made it to knee that one time, but I think it's just not for me. I find this length very flattering and I prefer the way my hair looks with fuller ends -- and I don't think I have the genetics for that at knee! Which is fine, I'm happy to be done fighting with myself over it.

You were my hair idol when I was lurking here at LHC. Love your hair, it seems so healthy and I love your half ups.

Oh that is so sweet! I really appreciate your saying so, though it's hard to feel worthy of idol status. :)

You inspired me to buy the orchid swerve from Lilla rose! Your photo was so great. Of course I remember you :) Congrats on feeling comfortable, that’s the most important

I'm all about the enabling. :lol: The orchid is such a pretty piece.

angel-baby
May 15th, 2023, 07:16 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is so pretty

KokoroDragon
May 15th, 2023, 07:24 PM
Happy anniversary!

Begemot
May 16th, 2023, 01:23 AM
Congrats! Gorgeous hair, I really like the U-shaped hem too :blossom:

paulownia
May 16th, 2023, 02:52 AM
Congratulations on hair anniversary ;)
Beautiful mane:blossom:

giraff
May 16th, 2023, 06:57 AM
Happy anniversary! The hair cut looks awesome, your mane is absolute goals :D

Here's to many more years of great hair :bottomsup:

TatsuOni
May 19th, 2023, 10:07 AM
Happy anniversary! :cheer: Your hair looks beautiful! :)

lithostoic
May 19th, 2023, 04:50 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks great