PDA

View Full Version : Monistat... dare we start this again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RadiantNeedle
September 1st, 2010, 03:11 AM
SO! I bought some Daktarin! 2% miconazole nitrate, with benzoic acid and butylated hydroxyanisole... Was cheaper than I thought it would be. I hope this is the right stuff!

How do folks use this? Just like the Monistat? I'm thinking I should probably at least try to take some photos of my hairline and crown before I start using it so that I have a point of reference.

There were some other similar products with the MN in them, 2% (I didnt find anything at 4%), but I got the Daktarin even though it was slightly more expensive, partly because I haven't heard anything about these other products in regards to helping with shedding, growth speed and re-growing hair. One of them had a steroid in it, so I wasn't keep on purchasing it until I did my research. I think its cortisol, which my body tends to have too much of, anyway x_x

Anyway... Off to have a CO wash and an AVC rinse after a nice soak!

Hotrox
September 1st, 2010, 03:17 AM
sounds fine to me, Daktarin is just a brand name its the miconazole nitrate that does the good stuff!

I have used 3 times a week for all of August. I will wash, measure and photograph tomorrow and report back!

bunzfan
September 1st, 2010, 10:38 AM
sounds fine to me, Daktarin is just a brand name its the miconazole nitrate that does the good stuff!

I have used 3 times a week for all of August. I will wash, measure and photograph tomorrow and report back!

I have been using the Daktarin about three weeks now and i swear my hair parting is getting thicker some how and my fringe area is growing in.

Then today i noticed i have new hair growing reaching to my ears like layers( that wasn't there 2 weeks a go) I have been applying it in the shower on my roots every day for 2 weeks..

RadiantNeedle
September 1st, 2010, 07:50 PM
Oooh that sounds brilliant!
I took some photos last night before I put the stuff on, and boooy did that make me depressed. The amount of visible scalp I've got going is just.. ghastly.
Let's hope this works out as well for me as it has for you!

schweedie
September 2nd, 2010, 03:10 AM
I think I'm going to try and get some Miconazole/Daktarin today. I've been having scalp problems lately, and the hair around the back of my parting has gotten so incredibly thin. Maybe this could help it grow in again. Thanks for the tip!

bunzfan
September 2nd, 2010, 03:23 AM
I think I'm going to try and get some Miconazole/Daktarin today. I've been having scalp problems lately, and the hair around the back of my parting has gotten so incredibly thin. Maybe this could help it grow in again. Thanks for the tip!

Your very welcome i started doing this after someone of a hair loss forum said doing it daily showed better results. I forgot to mention since i have been using the Daktarin my toe nails aren't as brittle and the slight yellowness has gone.

JayLee
September 2nd, 2010, 08:11 AM
I have been using MN daily for the past three weeks. I can't say that I've noticed much improvement in growth rate. But then again I am an incredibly slow grower.

I haven't gone through the entire 200 page thread, but has anyone tried this on men (for baldness) ? Hubby won't let me put va-j-j cream on his head unless he is sure it will work. lol

littlenvy
September 2nd, 2010, 10:12 AM
I have been using MN daily for the past three weeks. I can't say that I've noticed much improvement in growth rate. But then again I am an incredibly slow grower.

I haven't gone through the entire 200 page thread, but has anyone tried this on men (for baldness) ? Hubby won't let me put va-j-j cream on his head unless he is sure it will work. lol
LOL ... I'm trying it now on my hubby. I've mixed it with Emu oil which is a natural DHT blocker. (1/3 emu oil to 2/3 monistat).
Started last night. We will see how it goes.
And I have NOT told him what's in the mix :p Just that its a hair growing cream. ;)

JayLee
September 2nd, 2010, 11:18 AM
LOL ... I'm trying it now on my hubby. I've mixed it with Emu oil which is a natural DHT blocker. (1/3 emu oil to 2/3 monistat).
And I have NOT told him what's in the mix :p Just that its a hair growing cream. ;)
That is so what I should have done... Ignorance is bliss, after all.
Please let us know if you acheive some sort of success.

goldenoak
September 2nd, 2010, 05:33 PM

I'm really curious to hear how this works for him - please keep us posted!

Speaking of mind-over-matter, I've have to admit that I transfer my MN from the tube to a small squeezy bottle when I get it home. Somehow it's psychologically easier for me to squeeze it out of a clear plastic bottle every day than direct from the tube. Without the branding, it magically becomes a perfectly normal hair product. *laugh*

littlenvy
September 3rd, 2010, 02:10 PM
Nothing to report on the hubby front yet ... lol .. he still lets me do it so I guess that's good.

ME .. on the other hand. I have been testing it on myslef first ;) for just over two weeks. Just on my hair line in the front where I have two spots with very little hair and ... the one on the left is working!!! I can feel and SEE little hairs growing in, but the one on the right .. nothing :confused:
I apply even amount and at the same time ... has anyone had an uneven growth with monistat (I use 2%, no mineral oils) ?

RadiantNeedle
September 9th, 2010, 06:29 AM
I suck at using my Daktarin.
I'm using a dropper pipette thingy with some diluted daktarin, and even then I don't know how to apply it without coating about an inch of my roots with the stuff! I look greasy and disgusting.
My fiance's offered to help my apply it next time, so we'll see how that goes.. I want to be able to have it on my scalp frequently, but I don't know if I can manage that if I'm going to look like I haven't washed in five months >.<

dreamy10
September 9th, 2010, 09:19 AM
lmao @ the tags

RadiantNeedle
September 11th, 2010, 09:57 PM
O.O
I've discovered a bunch of tiny, nearly invisible baby hairs around my hairline...
GROOOOW, MY PRETTIES!

kelsey.g
September 11th, 2010, 11:04 PM
I'm new to this site and just got my long hair cut into an inverted bob :S I hate it :( I'm gonna give this monistat stuff a try. How often should I use it

Thanks

silverjen
September 12th, 2010, 04:47 PM
You guys have convinced me, I'm giving it a try! I have my first application on my head, and it feels nice and warming, like an expensive spa treatment.

My plan is to apply undiluted 2&#37; monistat (name brand) to damp scalp, after every wash. That works out to 3x a week. I've been measuring regularly, and I know I grow 0.5" per month. I measured today, so I know what my baseline is.

I will report back with results in 1 month. Fingers crossed!

Daniella123
September 12th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I would rather take biotin!

McFearless
September 12th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I'm new to this site and just got my long hair cut into an inverted bob :S I hate it :( I'm gonna give this monistat stuff a try. How often should I use it

Thanks

As often as you want. I've run out of my supply at the moment but I did it every other night. Good luck!!

silverjen
September 12th, 2010, 08:39 PM

Thanks
From reading the thread, it seems like a lot of folks use it 3 times a week. According to the original thread, once applied, it stays active for 3 days, so there's no real need to apply daily. I don't think it would harm anything, it's just a waste of product.

Hotrox
September 13th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Ok, sorry for the late reply - I was waiting to be able to post pictures in my album but I'm not sure when we'll be able to do that again.....

So, 1 month using monistat/Daktarin about every 3 days over night before a wash. 2cm squeeze of cream, dluted in about a 10ml of water.

I think it has worked :D

Picture August 1st 2010. Day 1 of the 30 day trial

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/erussell_01/th_Aug120102.jpg (http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/erussell_01/?action=view&current=Aug120102.jpg)

3rd September, just about day 33

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/erussell_01/th_Sep52010.jpg (http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/erussell_01/?action=view&current=Sep52010.jpg)

Harriet
September 13th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Its definately worked for me, if you want to see the evidence, look in my album 'hair growth progress' and see how much growth I got from July to August. I've probably got the same growth this month too but I've recently trimmed an inch off to even my hemline (pics to follow when we can upload them).
I've only been applying my monistat (2&#37; daktarin) about twice a week, as I only wash my hair twice a week. I apply it just by massaging it onto my scalp neat with my finger tips just after washing. It's much quicker and easier applying like this and still yields results.

bunzfan
September 13th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Its definately worked for me, if you want to see the evidence, look in my album 'hair growth progress' and see how much growth I got from July to August. I've probably got the same growth this month too but I've recently trimmed an inch off to even my hemline (pics to follow when we can upload them).
I've only been applying my monistat (2% daktarin) about twice a week, as I only wash my hair twice a week. I apply it just by massaging it onto my scalp neat with my finger tips just after washing. It's much quicker and easier applying like this and still yields results.

Just looked at your pictures Harriet and you hair has sure grown it looks beautiful. I apply mine in a hair dye bottle every night and like you i have seen growth quickly.

kelsey.g
September 13th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Hey I just bought the monistat today and am going to apply it tonight after my shower! Thanks for the replys guys. I only wash my hair every two days so I guess 3 times will be good. I`ve heard of people getting head aches while using monistat. Do any of you get it, and if so how bad are they. If they aren`t too bad then it`s totally worth it lol!

lastnite
September 13th, 2010, 03:20 PM
I've only been applying my monistat (2% daktarin) about twice a week, as I only wash my hair twice a week. I apply it just by massaging it onto my scalp neat with my finger tips just after washing. It's much quicker and easier applying like this and still yields results.

wow, definitely some noticeable growth for only a month of use. love your color and bun waves too!

Harriet
September 13th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks bunzfan!
I haven't experienced any headaches, and I'm quite a headache prone person!

bunzfan
September 13th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Hey I just bought the monistat today and am going to apply it tonight after my shower! Thanks for the replys guys. I only wash my hair every two days so I guess 3 times will be good. I`ve heard of people getting head aches while using monistat. Do any of you get it, and if so how bad are they. If they aren`t too bad then it`s totally worth it lol!

I mix mine with water as i am prone to headaches as that seems to stop them.

Centaur
September 13th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I did not get any headaches from the MN. I used 4% diluted with a little water so that it would spread on my scalp more easily.

kelsey.g
September 13th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Just finished applying it about an hour ago. I took a little 10 ml syringe from the hospital ( I work there, lol I don`t just go and steal stuff) and then diluted the monistat with water (thanks for the tip). I tried applying it like that but just ended up putting the mixture on my fingers and rubbed my scalp. I don`t know if it worked :S I feel a little bit of tingling but I`m worried I may not have applied it evenly. Any tips on how to apply? So far no headache. I really hope I see results!

Centaur
September 13th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Just finished applying it about an hour ago. I took a little 10 ml syringe from the hospital ( I work there, lol I don`t just go and steal stuff) and then diluted the monistat with water (thanks for the tip). I tried applying it like that but just ended up putting the mixture on my fingers and rubbed my scalp. I don`t know if it worked :S I feel a little bit of tingling but I`m worried I may not have applied it evenly. Any tips on how to apply? So far no headache. I really hope I see results!

Some people think it is easier to apply when scalp is wet and apply it after each wash and leave it in until the next wash.

estherbeth
September 13th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Has anyone tried using another kind of anti-fungal cream? Or is it just something special about miconazole in particular?

silverjen
September 16th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Has anyone tried using another kind of anti-fungal cream? Or is it just something special about miconazole in particular?
Several people have tried other antifungals such as clotrimazole (I think) and gotten no results. I personally suspect it is something other than MN's anti fungal action that accelerates hair growth. Otherwise, it would only work for people with scalp problems, and that's clearly not the case.

excentricat
September 16th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I've been applying 2&#37; every other day for about a month and a half, and it definitely works. I don't know how much faster its making my hair grow, since I never measured before, but I've got all these new baby hairs. I wanted thicker hair, but somehow it never occurred to me that they would start from the scalp. I tend to see the goal, not the process. So yay for thicker hair that is coming. In the mean time, any advice to prevent all these new hairs from sticking straight up? Preferably ways that won't also make my scalp oilier than it already is?

rachelily
September 18th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Just wanted to say I have officially jumped on the Monistat bandwagon. I applied it to freshly washed wet hair last night and styled as usual (curly, so scrunching and air drying). No greasiness, no smell, it is great. No one knew what I had in my hair, haha. I did get a minor headache that was cured with an Advil, but the headache could have been from working out as I usually get one when I do that. I plan to do this 3x a week (aka whenever I shower), and I am using the 4% and I am not diluting it with water, just applying it straight on.

I can't wait to see some results!!

ems
September 18th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Me too! I started this week. Can't wait to see if it works for me, nothing has ever made my hair grow any faster, about 1 cm/month no matter what. I use 2% for athletics feet, been applying it every night so far, but it makes my hair greasy so I have to wash every day. Maybe IŽll go for every other day if I get lazy.

rachelily
September 18th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Me too! I started this week. Can't wait to see if it works for me, nothing has ever made my hair grow any faster, about 1 cm/month no matter what. I use 2% for athletics feet, been applying it every night so far, but it makes my hair greasy so I have to wash every day. Maybe IŽll go for every other day if I get lazy.

Yeah I noticed today that my roots were greasy too. Are you diluting or doing it straight? Maybe I'll try diluting it and seeing if that helps, but I got the name brand because it DIDNT have mineral oil and it seems oily anyway! Haha :) Good luck with your results!

Centaur
September 18th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah I noticed today that my roots were greasy too. Are you diluting or doing it straight? Maybe I'll try diluting it and seeing if that helps, but I got the name brand because it DIDNT have mineral oil and it seems oily anyway! Haha :) Good luck with your results!

Hmmm...if you bought the kind that doesn't have mineral oil, then I am thinking your hair looks oily because you are using too much of the MN? Also, make sure you are applying the MN only on clean hair, and try to get the MN on your scalp only, avoiding as much as you possibly can getting it on your hair.

ems
September 19th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Well, my cream has mineral oil so it gets greasy even if i dilute it so I use it straight. I would love to try the 4% without mineral oil because now I couldn't possilble leave the house withot washing the stuff out and I would like to leave it on longer than just over night. The 4% isn't available in Europe though, so I figured I'll test this for a while and see how it works out. I trimmed my bangs the same day I started MN and measured (2,5 cm from the tip of my nose when pulled down:o) so I will keep an eye on my bangs and see what happens the next weeks, hope this is something that actually works!
Good luck to you too! Please update on your results!:blossom:

rachelily
September 19th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Hmmm...if you bought the kind that doesn't have mineral oil, then I am thinking your hair looks oily because you are using too much of the MN? Also, make sure you are applying the MN only on clean hair, and try to get the MN on your scalp only, avoiding as much as you possibly can getting it on your hair.

Thanks for the suggestions :) I've been trying to copy what I've read on here so I don't think I'm using too much but it's hard to tell. And it's really hard to keep it on my scalp only! Lol.

rachelily
September 19th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Well, my cream has mineral oil so it gets greasy even if i dilute it so I use it straight. I would love to try the 4% without mineral oil because now I couldn't possilble leave the house withot washing the stuff out and I would like to leave it on longer than just over night. The 4% isn't available in Europe though, so I figured I'll test this for a while and see how it works out. I trimmed my bangs the same day I started MN and measured (2,5 cm from the tip of my nose when pulled down:o) so I will keep an eye on my bangs and see what happens the next weeks, hope this is something that actually works!
Good luck to you too! Please update on your results!:blossom:

That's nice you have your bangs to go off of! My bangs are a little inconsistent cause my part moves around haha. Can't wait for some progress pics! :D

LuXious
September 19th, 2010, 11:24 AM
@ems... a European who calls them "bangs" and not "fringes". Well, how about that?! : )

I started back using Monistat on the 14th. I colored my hair (gently) on the 10th. I'm already seeing a .25" of roots. Woot woot!

@Rachelily, your hair is gooooooooooooooooooooooooorgeous. I love the color and the waves.

lundmir
September 19th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I started this a week ago, and I already have 0.5 cm of growth. I can tell so easily because of my roots. This rocks!
I've been using 2&#37; MN cream.

rachelily
September 20th, 2010, 07:21 PM
LuXious - Aw, thank you so much! And .25" in 6 days is amazinggggg!

lundmir - WOW that is fast, and awesome. You can kind of predict how much you will get per month off of that!

ems
September 21st, 2010, 11:13 AM
LuXious and lundmir, wow! Congratulations to your growth! This seems to work for so many people.
How often do you use it, and LuXious what strength do you use?
Happy growing!

lundmir
September 21st, 2010, 01:33 PM
I'm appliyng it to wet hair every other day, whenever I wash it. I'm happy it does work for me, I've also seen a lot less shedding.

I hope it gives you girls great results too!

Bast
September 24th, 2010, 02:46 PM
While wandering the aisles of my local Walmart, I came across this squeeze bottle + comb. It is designed for root touch-ups for dye, but it would most certainly work for Monostat...on the card it says how it goes straight down to the scalp + roots.

It probably would only work for diluted applications, but it still looks really cool.

Now I just have to go back and get me some!

ems
September 25th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I think the whole parting thing takes too long, so I just put some MN on my fingertips, head upside down (wet) and massage through.

Fairlight63
September 25th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Where did you find 4% at? all that I can find is the 2% at the grocery store.

littlenvy
September 25th, 2010, 05:27 PM
(originally posted on Sept. 02) LOL ... I'm trying it now on my hubby. I've mixed it with Emu oil which is a natural DHT blocker. (1/3 emu oil to 2/3 monistat).
Update on hubby and his hair growth.

While monistat did not make his hair grow back ... the thinning hairs have now regained their "bulk" and look much like the rest of the non effected by male pattern baldness hair. :)

So .. while we could not turn back the clock we seemed have to prevented or even stopped the hair from falling out. Which makes both of us very happy.

We are continuing with the therapy (especially since he is REALLY enjoying the head massage :eyebrows:) in hopes that maybe ... just maybe some of the lost hair will come back.

LuXious
September 25th, 2010, 10:55 PM
ems, I apply mine the same way you do, and I do it every night before bed. I've been using 4&#37;, the 3-Day treatment. Now, 15 days post-color and 12 days of Monistat, I measure 3/4" of virgin roots. I'm pinching myself. I usually get that much in a month.

lundmir
September 26th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Since my boyfriend is growing a beard, I recommended MN to him and he's already seeing results, since he doesn't have sideburns and I can see some now. This stuff is awesome.

eamane
September 26th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Update on hubby and his hair growth.

While monistat did not make his hair grow back ... the thinning hairs have now regained their "bulk" and look much like the rest of the non effected by male pattern baldness hair. :)

So .. while we could not turn back the clock we seemed have to prevented or even stopped the hair from falling out. Which makes both of us very happy.

We are continuing with the therapy (especially since he is REALLY enjoying the head massage :eyebrows:) in hopes that maybe ... just maybe some of the lost hair will come back.
:) I desided to give this a try on my DH as well, not that I have noticed a great growth on myself but I thought it might work on him. Not that he knows what it was I rubbed on his head but he liked it ;) I wonder if we have any other result on his head, the top part is close to totally bald!

ems
September 26th, 2010, 12:33 PM
ems, I apply mine the same way you do, and I do it every night before bed. I've been using 4%, the 3-Day treatment. Now, 15 days post-color and 12 days of Monistat, I measure 3/4" of virgin roots. I'm pinching myself. I usually get that much in a month.
I've used it for a week and a half and I definately see growth as well:joy: can't really belive it!
I'm a bit worried about long term effects though, since there is no research about it, so maybe I'll stop using it after four weeks. The instructions actually say to use it for four weeks for atheltics feet. I would love to use it longer to get to cheek length but I don't want to end up with resistant fungus or something. If i can get an inch I guess I'm happy with that though, on short hair it makes such a big difference.

edt: it's done wonders for the scalp as well!!

JuneBride
September 26th, 2010, 08:09 PM
I am scared to try this!

McFearless
September 26th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Head upside down or hanging off the edge of the bed works for me. I don't get 100% even coverage but parting is too tedious.

lxc28
September 27th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Hi ladies,

After spending several weeks reading through this thread and the archived one, I decided to give MN a try.

I have shiny, bald spots on the crown and top with very little hair, albeit pretty long in back 'cuz I'm too embarrassed to get it professionally cut. I have to wear a full wig to go work.

My scalp is usually very tender and flaky, very gritty with red spots even after washing.

Anyway, I started the Monistat 2&#37; on Sept. 4th and within two days, all the flaking is gone. My scalp feels much, much better and looks a lot better too, no more sore spots. I see a few baby hairs coming in along the left temple, but that's about it for now.

I'm praying that the Monistat will work to grow back some hair on top, I switched to 4% just today and I feel it slightly tingle, so maybe it'll work better.

So thanks to everyone who posted their results, it's so inspirational. Even if I don't grow back some hair, at least the miserable itching is gone!

ems
September 28th, 2010, 07:49 AM
lxc28, welcome! Hope you'll get great results. Good luck!

lxc28
September 28th, 2010, 03:43 PM
lxc28, welcome! Hope you'll get great results. Good luck!

Thanks ems, I'm looking forward to being able to post good news!

Krentje
September 28th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Checking in! Just applied daktarin on my scalp, just the front part from the crown as i got slow growing fringes, 2 cow licks, and pronounced temples..
I am really excited: it tickles a lot but i am eager to let it stay in over night, just hope the tickling doesn't transform into head aches.

I will be definitely reporting back on the results. Good growing everyone. lxc28, i hope you will get good results with MN.

rachelily
October 1st, 2010, 07:39 PM
Well, I've been using this for about two and a half weeks now and can say it is definitely working. I chopped about a half inch to an inch off my hair maybe a month ago and by now it has surpassed where it was when I cut it (I straightened it to verify this, cause it varies when it is curly). Past APL now!

I'll start measuring for real now, though, lol. So I can actually prove these things. But just thought I'd share the beginning of a success!

Hylia
October 7th, 2010, 07:57 PM
This sounds awesome! But how exactly does it work, I always thought the only way to make hair grow faster was by improving your diet.

littlenvy
October 7th, 2010, 08:30 PM
This sounds awesome! But how exactly does it work, I always thought the only way to make hair grow faster was by improving your diet.
We have NO idea what in that cream makes the hair grow... we just know it does. LOL

madeline_
October 8th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I started about two weeks ago, using Daktarin. Every other day I make a mixture of Daktarin, demineralized water and a few drops of argan or jojoba oil. In dry hair, I make about ten parts along my canopy and massage it in with my fingertips. It gives me a wild Tina Turner mane which I put in a very loose ponytail to prevent the rest from bleeding onto my length. I don't do the back of my head, because my horrible sweaty necks from summer are still too clear in my memory, though I probably should, I guess. :) I'm doing this more to get new growth and fill in my horribly thin canopy, rather than to achieve growth. A healthy +BSL is all I'm shooting for at the moment, and I don't mind if it takes me a while to get there.

I do get slight headaches, a weird "pressing" feeling like something is pushing on my head. It lasts about an hour. I've been a bit worried because I've had a massive headache yesterday and the day before that, but I don't think it has anything to do with the Daktarin.

I'm thinking of getting a bottle of Megatek and then alternating months. I've read on the Megatek thread that this is a good idea.

I wish I could get Monistat because it seems that the only available European options contain mineral oil, and I'm worried about shedding cause of pores getting clogged. I've been using a SLS shampoo every week, by which I hope to minimise that possibility.

bunzfan
October 8th, 2010, 12:34 PM
As i have run out of the cream i am using the Daktarin powder i put it on after i have washed my hair.

McFearless
October 8th, 2010, 10:56 PM
I'm definately seeing growth! This makes me so happy:Dteehee

I'm running out of monistat so i'm on using it on my hairline/bangs. I will cry the day I no long have to use bobbypins.

RadiantNeedle
October 8th, 2010, 11:13 PM
I'm losing baby hairs :(

BeachBabe91
October 9th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Hey everyone! I've been reading this thread for a long time but decided to join finally. I bought Monistat 4&#37; a few days ago and I apply it every time I wash my hair, so about every second day or so. I've used the 2% on and off during the summer (due to laziness) and I definitely saw an increase in growth! I'm excited to try the 4%. Is it true that it stays active on your scalp for three days?? Because if not, I'd like to apply it more often..

JuneBride
October 9th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I have been lurking on this page for a few weeks now...I have been scared to try it tho. I found some Monistat 7 2&#37; in my house that I bought a few months back (for its regular use) that I never opened. Seemed like fate...

So I just put a few dabs (full strength/Undiluted) to a little patch on my scalp/hairline to "test" it. I feel a little tiny bit tingly...put its only been a few minutes.

If this is the ONLY Negative sideaffect...and I see ANY result...it will be worth it!!! ;)

ems
October 9th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Hey everyone! I've been reading this thread for a long time but decided to join finally. I bought Monistat 4&#37; a few days ago and I apply it every time I wash my hair, so about every second day or so. I've used the 2% on and off during the summer (due to laziness) and I definitely saw an increase in growth! I'm excited to try the 4%. Is it true that it stays active on your scalp for three days?? Because if not, I'd like to apply it more often..
I don't know were this information came from in the first place, but I've read it too. Maybe they know much more about it than me, but I find it hard to belive it would stay active on the scalp for three days. It seems logical it would stay active as long as the cream is on the scalp, and my guess is it would be absorbed much faster than that.

PoysinIvy
October 9th, 2010, 10:35 AM
I used it for the first time last night - I had a tube of 2% laying around so diluted it in a little oil. I went this morning and got some 4%.

No "headache" but my head felt weighted. Weighted I can handle, headaches not so much, so this is good.

BeachBabe91
October 9th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Yeah.. so do you think it lasts as long until you wash your hair?

JuneBride
October 9th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I have been lurking on this page for a few weeks now...I have been scared to try it tho. I found some Monistat 7 2% in my house that I bought a few months back (for its regular use) that I never opened. Seemed like fate...

So I just put a few dabs (full strength/Undiluted) to a little patch on my scalp/hairline to "test" it. I feel a little tiny bit tingly...put its only been a few minutes.

If this is the ONLY Negative sideaffect...and I see ANY result...it will be worth it!!! ;)

I went to the store and got a little spray bottle. I squeezed in some 2% to fill about a 1/3 of the bottle then added almost 2/3's hot water (leaving some room) shake it up...I shook it A LOT to mix it and dilute it...and then I did some partings and spritzed it on and rubbed it in all over my head, twisted it into a bun and clipped it up. Then I took 3 Aleeve (just in case). It's been on for a few hours now. I have a slight headache (not really a headache - but there isn't any other word to describe it... so I am glad I took a few pills) but if it makes my hair grow faster, its all worth it!!!!

I'll keep you posted on my progress :)

BeachBabe91
October 9th, 2010, 01:36 PM
I went to the store and got a little spray bottle. I squeezed in some 2% to fill about a 1/3 of the bottle then added almost 2/3's hot water (leaving some room) shake it up...I shook it A LOT to mix it and dilute it...and then I did some partings and spritzed it on and rubbed it in all over my head, twisted it into a bun and clipped it up. Then I took 3 Aleeve (just in case). It's been on for a few hours now. I have a slight headache (not really a headache - but there isn't any other word to describe it... so I am glad I took a few pills) but if it makes my hair grow faster, its all worth it!!!!

I'll keep you posted on my progress :)

I know what you mean! The only side effect I am experiencing is light headedness. It's not really a head ache, but maybe a small one. I just applied it again today. I plan on applying it every night. Is that a waste of product?

JuneBride
October 9th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I know what you mean! The only side effect I am experiencing is light headedness. It's not really a head ache, but maybe a small one. I just applied it again today. I plan on applying it every night. Is that a waste of product?

I personally don't think anything is a waste if it works ;) Good Luck!!!

BeachBabe91
October 9th, 2010, 01:41 PM
True, and thanks! but I meant that in regards to some other people saying it stayed "active for 3 days"... which I don't really believe anyway. Maybe it stays active 24 hours after applying it, but I can't see it lasting more than a day after it's absorbed in your scalp right?.. btw, your hair looks so pretty in your signature!

JuneBride
October 9th, 2010, 01:50 PM
True, and thanks! but I meant that in regards to some other people saying it stayed "active for 3 days"... which I don't really believe anyway. Maybe it stays active 24 hours after applying it, but I can't see it lasting more than a day after it's absorbed in your scalp right?.. btw, your hair looks so pretty in your signature!

Aww thanks!!! I did some research and it says you need to leave it on for at least 4 hours. I would never be able to leave it on 24 hours anyway...made my hair a little icky (not really greasy) and it made me a little headachy...so I will washing it out tonight when I take my nightly shower.

silverjen
October 9th, 2010, 02:17 PM
I'm sorry to say that Monistat didn't help me at all. I tried it for a month, and my growth rate was exactly the same as in prior months. Oh well. I'm glad it works for some folks. I'm just not one of them.

McFearless
October 9th, 2010, 02:26 PM

Yeah its a waste of product. You only need to use it twice a week. I heard it stays active for three days on your scalp.

ems
October 9th, 2010, 02:32 PM
BeachBabe91, I am really just guessing here but I don't think it would stay active for more than 12 hours, rather less. But that doesn't mean you wouldn't get an effect of it by using it less often.
I am using MN for athletics feet and the instuctions actually say to put it on 2-3 a day.

I have been using it every night for a little more than three weeks now. Put it on at night and wash it out in the morning. Seems I get about .5 cm/week. I was hoping for more, but I am a slow grower so I usually only get 1 cm/month which would mean the MN seems to have doubled my growth rate.

ems
October 9th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Yeah its a waste of product. You only need to use it twice a week. I heard it stays active for three days on your scalp.
How could it stay active for that long? I can't imagine any product beeing left on the scalp.
I do think you can see results though, just using it only every three days, but that's not the same thing.
You could be right, I am just speculating but it doesn't sound right to me.

BeachBabe91
October 9th, 2010, 03:04 PM
How could it stay active for that long? I can't imagine any product beeing left on the scalp.
I do think you can see results though, just using it only every three days, but that's not the same thing.

Yeah, exactly, how? It doesn't quite sound right to me either... if you think about it, once you put it on your scalp, it gets absorbed. So how can a product that is absorbed into your scalp be "active" for more than a day? :confused:

I know I wouldn't get less of an effect, but I would probably get more of an effect if I used it more often.

ems
October 9th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Yes, I think so too, to a certain limit. I would definatly try to use it twice a day if I could get the product without mineral oil so I could show myself in public with it:)
Unfortunatley it's not available in Europe.

BeachBabe91
October 9th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Yes, I think so too, to a certain limit. I would definatly try to use it twice a day if I could get the product without mineral oil so I could show myself in public with it:)

That sucks! Can you maybe order some 4% online? I got mine at Shoppers Drug Mart. It's Monistat 3 with the three applicators. There's quite a bit in the applicators so it should last a little while.. definitely over a month. It cost me $20 though, not cheap!

McFearless
October 9th, 2010, 04:25 PM

I'm not exactly sure but I do know that when I apply it everyday I don't get ANY more growth than when I do it twice a week. Its a waste of product because there is only so much your hair can grow within a week.

I also find that there is only so much MN my scalp absorbs before it sits on the surface.

McFearless
October 9th, 2010, 04:30 PM

Have you tried using one of those small-tipped applicator bottles so you only get it on your scalp while your hair is wet?

BeachBabe91
October 9th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I'm not exactly sure but I do know that when I apply it everyday I don't get ANY more growth than when I do it twice a week. Its a waste of product because there is only so much your hair can grow within a week.

I also find that there is only so much MN my scalp absorbs before it sits on the surface.

True, but I read that someone earlier in the thread grew three inches in a month, which is almost an inch a week - so to me, the fact that hair can only grow so much a week is sort of unimportant when you are using MN. I still believe that once it's absorbed and about a day passes, it is no longer "active". It's up to you on how often you want to apply it.

ems
October 9th, 2010, 05:35 PM

I can definatly see how you could get the same benefint with applying it less often. As you say, there must be a limit when it comes to fast your hair can grow. I just don't think it's because the product stays active for so long. And that's why I wanted to try it twice a day, just to see if I could get more growth this way, not saying that I would.
About the applicator, I actually bought a tube of glue with a really small tip and washed the gule out. It works better than without applicator, but I still think my hair looks greasy so I might as well just put it on my fingertips since I have to wash in the morning anyways. Thank you for the tip though!
What % are you using, and how much has your growth increased?

ems
October 9th, 2010, 05:38 PM
That sucks! Can you maybe order some 4% online? I got mine at Shoppers Drug Mart. It's Monistat 3 with the three applicators. There's quite a bit in the applicators so it should last a little while.. definitely over a month. It cost me $20 though, not cheap!

I looked at some online pharmacy, but decided not to order because the shipping would cost just as much as the product!!

longhairtobe
October 9th, 2010, 05:53 PM
im doing it! Im going out and buying all the stuff im gonna need tomorrow!(monistat 4% and a little squeeze bottle)
im really bad at measuring so im just gonna take pictures instead. mostly i want to grow my hair or get some thickness on my part. i look like im bald there and it makes me le sad :wail:

x0h_bother
October 9th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Has anyone done an article on this? Anyone want to? :p
**off to lurk 4% on ebay**

JuneBride
October 9th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I used diluted-with-water 2&#37; today, left it on for 6 to 7 hours and just CO'd with VO5 Tea Therapy Conditioner. This was my first use, little head-achey but no more or less shedding than usual noticed :) I plan on using this as much as possible (every day maybe?) for a month as an experiment. Then I will give my scalp a week's rest and do a semi permanent color (brown) so I look presentable for the holidays, as my ends are nearly blonde again from my ill-fated bleach experiment last year :( Right now I am at 20 and 3/4 inches, so lets see what I measure in at in One Month ;)

BeachBabe91
October 9th, 2010, 06:18 PM
A little bit O/T: I looked everywhere for the "terms" you guys use on here about hair lengths but couldn't find any. Could someone give me the low down on what they stand for? (APL, BSL, etc....)

JuneBride
October 9th, 2010, 06:35 PM
A little bit O/T: I looked everywhere for the "terms" you guys use on here about hair lengths but couldn't find any. Could someone give me the low down on what they stand for? (APL, BSL, etc....)

Pixie
Chin
Shoulder
APL = armpit length
BSL = Bra Strap Length
Waist
Hip
Classic
Thigh
Knee
Ankle
Floor

BeachBabe91
October 9th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Pixie
Chin
Shoulder
APL = armpit length
BSL = Bra Strap Length
Waist
Hip
Classic
Thigh
Knee
Ankle
Floor

Thanks! Not sure what I am.. I guess I am BSL.

JuneBride
October 9th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks! Not sure what I am.. I guess I am BSL.

You're lucky, my hair hasn't been that long in 10 years :( Its my goal for next year :)

BeachBabe91
October 9th, 2010, 09:01 PM
You're lucky, my hair hasn't been that long in 10 years :( Its my goal for next year :)

Well.. is BSL bottom of the bra strap or just the top? My hair almost touches the top of the bra strap, so i'm just generalizing here. And don't worry, I'm sure it will be in a little while if you keep using MN.. it works great!!! I'm excited to see the difference of 4% MN compared to the 2%. I'll keep you guys posted!

Kaijah
October 9th, 2010, 09:14 PM

I present to you.... the Handy Dandy Hair Chart!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/Kiya_Shiranai/hairchart.jpg

(Also, hi, everyone, I decided to take a peek at this whole Monistat boondoggle...)

KristiLe
October 9th, 2010, 09:56 PM
I am jumping on the MN train! I washed my hair tonight and applied diluted 2% Monistat on my scalp at the back of my head just for a test run. I'll try to keep up with my measurements and post some progress pics to my profile to track my results!

JuneBride
October 10th, 2010, 10:40 AM
MN Project Day 2:
I ate a big breakfast and took 3 Motrin
Diluted 2&#37; MN with warm water in a spray bottle
Parted out and spritzed entire scalp
Coconut-oiled length
Bun
Slight headache
Plan to wash it all out tonight or when the headache gets too bad, whatever comes first

Is it ok I MN'd my scalp and Coconut-oiled my length all at once?

longhairtobe
October 10th, 2010, 11:34 AM
MN Project Day 2:
I ate a big breakfast and took 3 Motrin
Diluted 2% MN with warm water in a spray bottle
Parted out and spritzed entire scalp
Coconut-oiled length
Bun
Slight headache
Plan to wash it all out tonight or when the headache gets too bad, whatever comes first

Is it ok I MN'd my scalp and Coconut-oiled my length all at once?

this is my first day on monistat. i washed it this morning then put coconut oil on the ends (like i always do) then i waited till my hair was 90% dry and put the monistat on. (i like you spray bottle method, i just got a squeeze bottle but if was kinda messy and it kept running down into my eyebrows-lol i might get huge catepillar eyebrows now!) i dont think its gonna be a bid deal if we oil our ends since the monistat is going on our SCALPS :flower:
meh anyway thats my opinion but im new so i dont really know

BeachBabe91
October 10th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Today is my third day using MN 4%. I don't wanna sound crazy, but I'm pretty sure my hair has grow 1/4 of an inch already! I applied it early this morning and I just showered, so I'm going to apply some again and leave it in over night.

JuneBride
October 10th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Today is my third day using MN 4%. I don't wanna sound crazy, but I'm pretty sure my hair has grow 1/4 of an inch already! I applied it early this morning and I just showered, so I'm going to apply some again and leave it in over night.

I think I am going to stop diluting the 2% and use it straight, then step it up to diluted 4% and then build up to straight 4%...I wanna see some of YOUR progress!!! Congrats!!!

BeachBabe91
October 10th, 2010, 06:47 PM
I think I am going to stop diluting the 2% and use it straight, then step it up to diluted 4% and then build up to straight 4%...I wanna see some of YOUR progress!!! Congrats!!!

That sounds like a very good plan!! Did you try 2% straight already? I'm not experiencing any head aches even with the 4% straight! And thanks :)
I'll post a picture of my hair now, and then again in a week. I wonder how much growth I'll get!
So here's my hair now:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Jordan_McCoy/Photoon2010-10-10at1944.jpg

lundmir
October 10th, 2010, 07:17 PM
I took a week off to see my normal growth rate. I lightened my hair las sunday, so the timing was perfect.

My hair normally grows about 2mm per week. With MN, it grows 5mm! I'll start again tomorrow.

JuneBride
October 10th, 2010, 07:43 PM
That sounds like a very good plan!! Did you try 2% straight already? I'm not experiencing any head aches even with the 4% straight! And thanks :)
I'll post a picture of my hair now, and then again in a week. I wonder how much growth I'll get!
So here's my hair now:

your hair is nice!!

JuneBride
October 10th, 2010, 07:50 PM
I have used diluted 2&#37; yesterday and today, leaving it on each day for around 6 or so hours. And then CO'd it out. No noticeable positive difference yet. Maybe a little more than normal shedding. Did experience light headaches. If I experience ANY more growth than normal, the headaches will be worth it all. Will try undiluted 2% tomorrow evening. If I can stand it then I will move on to diluted 4% the next day and graduate to undiluted 4% after that. I plan to try to get some on my scalp everyday for at least a month and track my progress on this thread. (Hope that won't bother anyone ;) )

Grow Hair. Grow!

Hoping for BSL by May 1, 2011 (for a friend's wedding!)

JuneBride
October 10th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I agree! I had taken MSN for a couple of months and have been forgetting to take it because I needed to open a new bottle and just forget. I have been shedding like crazy! Thanks for reminding me! I have been wondering why the heck I was shedding so much, I guess I just did not put two and two together.

What is MSN or did you mean MSM ??

ems
October 10th, 2010, 09:09 PM

1/4 inch in three dayes does sound crazy! :thumbsup:

hanne jensen
October 11th, 2010, 01:25 AM
I'm confused. According to Kaijah's post with the handy dandy hair length chart, BSL and mid-back are exactly the same on my body. I always thought that mid-back was about half-way between BSL and waist. Being low busted, my bra strap is rather low on my back. I only lack 2 centimeters to the bottom of my bra strap, so I use Mn every day.

Bast
October 11th, 2010, 09:21 AM
I'm confused. According to Kaijah's post with the handy dandy hair length chart, BSL and mid-back are exactly the same on my body. I always thought that mid-back was about half-way between BSL and waist. Being low busted, my bra strap is rather low on my back. I only lack 2 centimeters to the bottom of my bra strap, so I use Mn every day.

I think that here, BSL and midback are actually generally interchangeable...However, on the chart that Kaijah posted, BSL looks to be the TOP of the bra strap, and midback appears to be the BOTTOM of the bra strap. (But don't take my word for it, I'm still a good 2 inches away from having to trying to figure out the difference myself!)

Picked up some 2% Monistat the other day, since it was amazingly cheap compared to other stores. Haven't started it yet, since I haven't washed my hair since then. However, I am intending to wash and goop today.

alwayssmiling
October 11th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Hello there

Can I join in? I have been interested in trying this for some time - I have attempted to read the entire thread (admit to skimming some of it) but it seems that many of your are getting good results from this.

I did my first application today (neat 2 &#37;). I have only applied it to the sides of my head because it grows like weed at the back and very sluggish at the front which means I'm having to have regular cuts to even things up (this has been for over a years now). I think this should be a good indication as to whether this is actually working on me as half my head won't be treated. I'll measure every week (camera broken so I can do pics) and report back any signs of improved growth.

BeachBabe91
October 11th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Hey guys, I feel like my hair has grown again! It's my fourth day using 4%. Any progress for anyone else??:)

Krentje
October 11th, 2010, 03:29 PM
2.5 week after first application of daktarin, 2 &#37;, only at bald spots, front hair line and places where my bangs grow out.

I cannot notice an acceleration of growth yet, however, i do notice new thicker hairs on my bald spot! I am so pleased, it doesn't matter if these new hairs will grow long or not, as long as they cover the bald spots.. I am not planning on using daktarin forever, so i am most curious what happens to the new hairs as soon as i stop using it!

BeachBabe91
October 11th, 2010, 05:28 PM
2.5 week after first application of daktarin, 2 %, only at bald spots, front hair line and places where my bangs grow out.

I cannot notice an acceleration of growth yet, however, i do notice new thicker hairs on my bald spot! I am so pleased, it doesn't matter if these new hairs will grow long or not, as long as they cover the bald spots.. I am not planning on using daktarin forever, so i am most curious what happens to the new hairs as soon as i stop using it!

That's great!! I think I'm gonna start using my 4% twice a day, to see if I see any difference. I'll apply it once in the morning and once at night. Does anyone else apply MN twice a day?/Notice better results?

ems
October 11th, 2010, 05:41 PM
That's great!! I think I'm gonna start using my 4% twice a day, to see if I see any difference. I'll apply it once in the morning and once at night. Does anyone else apply MN twice a day?/Notice better results?
If you want to see if there is any difference, make sure you know how fast your hair grows with the one a day-applicantions first. If you just want maximum results a once, you could try it now but you wouldn't know if twice a day made any difference. Just a tip.

littlenvy
October 11th, 2010, 05:51 PM
From what I understand, once you apply the stuff to your scalp and it gets absorbed by the skin, the effect of the medication lasts for about 72 hours. So it doesn't make any difference if you wash your hair during that time or apply more.

BeachBabe91
October 11th, 2010, 07:12 PM
If you want to see if there is any difference, make sure you know how fast your hair grows with the one a day-applicantions first. If you just want maximum results a once, you could try it now but you wouldn't know if twice a day made any difference. Just a tip.

Thanks. I should probably keep that in mind.

From what I understand, once you apply the stuff to your scalp and it gets absorbed by the skin, the effect of the medication lasts for about 72 hours. So it doesn't make any difference if you wash your hair during that time or apply more.

Thanks for the info, I've heard that before too. Not sure if it's completely true or not.

JuneBride
October 11th, 2010, 07:45 PM
MN Project Day 3:
I put undiluted 2&#37; on my scalp and plan to let it stay there for a few hours until I wash it out (with the CO method) before bed.
Slight headache-like feeling, so I took 3 Aleeve
No noticeable growth of any kind :(

BeachBabe91
October 12th, 2010, 05:07 AM
MN Project Day 3:
I put undiluted 2% on my scalp and plan to let it stay there for a few hours until I wash it out (with the CO method) before bed.
Slight headache-like feeling, so I took 3 Aleeve

Hm, why do you wash it out? Do you feel like it leaves your hair greasy? Maybe you need to leave it on longer. Good luck! Most people didn't see results for at least a week.

alwayssmiling
October 12th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Can I ask a question? Does anyone do this whilst CO washing. I'm a little concerned about the liquid paraffin in the Daktarin. Will I have to use a SLS shampoo to remove this or can I continue COwashing? Does anyone who has been doing this awhile have any greasy build up?

TIA

JuneBride
October 12th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Hm, why do you wash it out? Do you feel like it leaves your hair greasy? Maybe you need to leave it on longer. Good luck! Most people didn't see results for at least a week.

It makes my hair greasy and I don't want it all over my pillows. Plus it gives me headaches. I figure as long as I build up to 4% and get some on my head every day for even a little while and maybe longer on the weekends, I have a good shot at seeing some results, if it works for me at all!?!?! I am going to give it a month, if no results then it's too expensive to continue so I will stop.

bunzfan
October 12th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Can I ask a question? Does anyone do this whilst CO washing. I'm a little concerned about the liquid paraffin in the Daktarin. Will I have to use a SLS shampoo to remove this or can I continue COwashing? Does anyone who has been doing this awhile have any greasy build up?

TIA

When i was putting Daktarin on my hair 2-3 times a week it was left on as i CO washed daily at the time, but it did leave my hair slightly greasy but no build up.

JuneBride
October 12th, 2010, 12:39 PM

TIA

I CO the monistat right out, V05 Tea Therapy Clarifying conditioner works perfectly for it.

ems
October 12th, 2010, 12:43 PM

TIA
I COwash some days and use shampoo others. I think it waches out easily, but my hair looks better after using shampoo though.

Krentje
October 12th, 2010, 01:23 PM
MN Project Day 3:

I think you need to practice patience, no offence! I understand you terribly want your hair to grow, but try to not-watch-it-closely for a week or month, you will be happier with your hair.

I wish you good growth!

JuneBride
October 12th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I think you need to practice patience, no offence! I understand you terribly want your hair to grow, but try to not-watch-it-closely for a week or month, you will be happier with your hair.

I wish you good growth!

I was't exactly crying about it. I was just reporting what I saw...or didn't see, for that matter. As some people have had noticable changes with their first few applications. I was also pointing out that maybe I need to go for 4&#37; UNdiluted...

Nonetheless, you are correct and I am impatient!!!

laughinglynxie
October 12th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I am starting my Monistat journey as we speak! Thought I'd give it a try since I'm trying to break the evil cycle of hairdye. I assume that faster growth would bypass my complacency with whatever current color I want.

I bought the Walgreen's 2% kind...and Lotrimin makes that powder at the same concentration, so I got some of that, too. Not sure how I want to go about using it yet, haha.

lundmir
October 12th, 2010, 04:05 PM
I was't exactly crying about it. I was just reporting what I saw...or didn't see, for that matter. As some people have had noticable changes with their first few applications. I was also pointing out that maybe I need to go for 4% UNdiluted...

Nonetheless, you are correct and I am impatient!!!

I measure weekly, but I have noticeable roots that make my life easier. Maybe you could try that?

BelleBot
October 12th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I bought a tube of Daktarin yesterday on a whim. I'm just wondering how much do you guys use per application, do you dilute it in anyway and how do you apply it?
I used a blob, about the size of 2 or 3 peas, diluted it with coconut oil and used my fingertips to massage it into my scalp, dry hair.
I'm just wondering how you manage to cover your whole scalp and prevent your hair from soaking it all up?

BeachBabe91
October 12th, 2010, 07:02 PM
I take a comb and line it through my hair to make a part then apply it directly to my scalp. I do that for most of my hair, then I dab some on my fingers and massage it on my entire head to make sure I get everywhere. I use about the same amount as you. :)

Mike
October 12th, 2010, 08:21 PM
OK, I've joined the Monistat club. Started Saturday with a travel size plastic bottle and mix it with a little warm water. I get it all over the scalp but like Bellebot my hair gets very wet as well. I'm wondering if enough id getting on my scalp. Also curious if the 4% is available in the USA. Did not see 4% in the pharmacy. No weird looks or questions when I gave it to the cashier to ring up either :eyebrows:.

McFearless
October 12th, 2010, 08:24 PM
OK, I've joined the Monistat club. Started Saturday with a travel size plastic bottle and mix it with a little warm water. I get it all over the scalp but like Bellebot my hair gets very wet as well. I'm wondering if enough id getting on my scalp. Also curious if the 4% is available in the USA. Did not see 4% in the pharmacy. No weird looks or questions when I gave it to the cashier to ring up either :eyebrows:.

No weird looks? I can barely make it through with all the looks I get, and I'm a woman!:p

Have you tried applying it while your hair is wet? It makes things easier for me personally.

Mike
October 12th, 2010, 08:28 PM
No weird looks? I can barely make it through with all the looks I get, and I'm a woman!:p

Have you tried applying it while your hair is wet? It makes things easier for me personally.

Maybe the cashier was an LHC member. I tried with damp hair last night and it was easier to make some parts. How many parts or how far apart should they be? Thanks all

JuneBride
October 12th, 2010, 09:14 PM
MN Project Day 4: Unfortunately I didn't get to apply any today :(
Tomorrow I am going to try undiluted 4%!!! Can't wait!!!

Mike
October 12th, 2010, 09:25 PM
MN Project Day 4: Unfortunately I didn't get to apply any today :(
Tomorrow I am going to try undiluted 4%!!! Can't wait!!!
Where do you get 4%?

Bast
October 12th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Where do you get 4%?

It's also available over-the-counter. Not all stores carry it, however, so you do have to shop around a little.

JuneBride
October 12th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Where do you get 4%?

In the USA I find it at Wal-Mart the cheapest, but you only get 3 applicators full. I haven't tried it yet, so I am curious it one applicator hold enough for 1 or more full scalp applications!?!

Mike
October 12th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Thanks Bast and Trdegray. Applicators?? I opened the box and threw those away and just kept the tube. Did the applicators have monistat in them?

alwayssmiling
October 13th, 2010, 04:31 AM
When i was putting Daktarin on my hair 2-3 times a week it was left on as i CO washed daily at the time, but it did leave my hair slightly greasy but no build up.

I CO the monistat right out, V05 Tea Therapy Clarifying conditioner works perfectly for it.

I COwash some days and use shampoo others. I think it waches out easily, but my hair looks better after using shampoo though.

Thanks for answering my question :)

Day 3 for me. No adverse effects so far (neat 2% daktarin daily) I did get a very slight tingling sensation last night which was almost itchy when I thought about it.

The sides of my hair are just touching my collar bone when I sit straight and relaxed to I should be able to tell if I'm getting some growth. Will keep you posted.

ems
October 13th, 2010, 07:01 AM
So I'm almost at 4 weeks of daily use (2% daktarin). It seems my hair has about .5 cm/week , which may not seem much but I'm a slow grower and usually get about 1 cm/month.
I'm contemplating trying twice a week-applications (or every third day) for a while, to see if this will give the same results, when I've reached 4 weeks.

JuneBride
October 13th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Thanks Bast and Trdegray. Applicators?? I opened the box and threw those away and just kept the tube. Did the applicators have monistat in them?

The only 4&#37; I could find came with pre-filled applicators.
And the 2% came with one big tube and empty applicators.

Aeowen
October 13th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I thought "what the heck" and tried this this morning. There's a tingle, definitely more on the side that I got more on (because I'm a bumbleputz and can't do anything at all evenly :) ). Doesn't seem to smell at all, and I can't see it in my hair (and my hair is very thin/fine)

Wish I had a better way to measure my hair but it's at around 4.5" right now....so we'll see where we go! I was always an average to slightly above average grower (.75-1" per mo) so perhaps I'll get some good growth out of it, or perhaps it won't affect me at all! Interested to see!

alicecaroline
October 13th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone! Okay, so I'm completely new to the site and have been reading this thread for probably a week researching monistat and hair growth! Three days ago I started! I apply Monistat 4% to my hair every day so far.. I haven't had any headaches or tenderness and I Swear my hair has grown some, already!

I'm not sure if I'm just making myself think that now.. but I really think my hair has grow some already!
I'm wanting to get to a healthy bra strap length and Im right past my shoulders now!

Best of luck to everyone!

laughinglynxie
October 13th, 2010, 10:59 AM
The sides of my hair are just touching my collar bone when I sit straight and relaxed to I should be able to tell if I'm getting some growth. Will keep you posted.

It looks like we are at the same length! And you have bangs, too? Maybe we can be hair buddies, haha.

I just started applying water-diluted 2% for the last two nights now (I'm nervous about migraines because I get them very easily). I'm pretty excited to see how it will work out.

ems
October 13th, 2010, 11:05 AM
People that have been using both 2&#37; and 4% claim to have better results with 4%, I've also read people claming not to have any results with diluted 2% so maybe you should step up if you don't get headaches.

I wish I could get the 4%!

BelleBot
October 13th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I'm actually really excited about this now. I only bought the Daktarin on a whim, I'm in a bit of an impulsive mood at the moment which isn't so great for my bank account, but great for hair experiments! I'm really hoping to speed my growth up so perhaps I might be able to hit my goal early next year. It's a bit depressing that I've only managed 2 inches growth since January, but I've also had a 2 inch trim this year, so 4 inches in 10 1/2 months.

I'll try next time with wet hair I think and have a better go at seperating it out so more of my scalp will get evenly covered. I think the biggest issue I had first time round was I mixed it with coconut oil on the palm of my hand, used my fingertips to massage it in, but then realised all the leftover stuff on my palm had transferred to my hair whoops!:doh:

JuneBride
October 13th, 2010, 06:44 PM
MN Project Day 5: I applied undiluted 4% about one hour ago. I had to use 2 pre-filled applicators, 1 wasn't enough. This is going to get expensive, it was like $13 for 3 pre-filled applicators!!! I have a slight headache-like feeling so I just took 2 aleeve. I would like to wear it to bed to get some maximum benefit/effect but I don't sleep alone and I don't want to get it all over my satin pillow case. So I will probably CO wash it out before bed :( Oh well, this weekend I will leave it on all day Saturday and Sunday. I plan to take some pictures on Saturday to see if there is any noticeable growth!! Can't wait :)

Linnykinz
October 13th, 2010, 07:50 PM
MN Project Day 5: I applied undiluted 4% about one hour ago. I had to use 2 pre-filled applicators, 1 wasn't enough. This is going to get expensive, it was like $13 for 3 pre-filled applicators!!! I have a slight headache-like feeling so I just took 2 aleeve. I would like to wear it to bed to get some maximum benefit/effect but I don't sleep alone and I don't want to get it all over my satin pillow case. So I will probably CO wash it out before bed :( Oh well, this weekend I will leave it on all day Saturday and Sunday. I plan to take some pictures on Saturday to see if there is any noticeable growth!! Can't wait :)

In my opinion this is way more than necessary, when I was using it one pre-filled applicator would last me two or even three applications. Perhaps it was because I would use it on wet/damp hair and it was much more easy to apply, as well as didn't look greasy or get on anything but my scalp throughout the day. This stuff is very expensive, and doing two full applicators per session would really deter me!

Were you applying on a dry scalp?

JuneBride
October 13th, 2010, 08:25 PM
In my opinion this is way more than necessary, when I was using it one pre-filled applicator would last me two or even three applications. Perhaps it was because I would use it on wet/damp hair and it was much more easy to apply, as well as didn't look greasy or get on anything but my scalp throughout the day. This stuff is very expensive, and doing two full applicators per session would really deter me!

Were you applying on a dry scalp?

Yes, on a DRY scalp, and I was doing it quickly because I forgot to put it on when I got home, so I rushed...I think tomorrow I am going to use just one. Plus putting it on straight from the applicator was awkward...any tips on that? I don't want to dilute it!

longhairtobe
October 13th, 2010, 08:31 PM
im on day four of my monistat adventure and i dont really notice a difference. I really want length obviously but mostly i want some new baby hairs to spring up and cover my part baldness, its ugly :(
maybe mines is too diluted? I mean some people are using two applicators per session. Im only using like about a 1 in strip in two table spoons of water and that lasts me two days-ish. (i bought the monistat 7 2%, which came with seven applicators that you fill but im just using it straight from the tube)
on the bright side i didnt get a headache today, I got them pretty bad on days one and two and yesterday was a really mild one and today i didnt get one at all. my scalp is really itchy though...meh we'll see! it was only 10 dollars :shrug:
come on baby hairs!!

Mike
October 13th, 2010, 09:06 PM
In the USA I find it at Wal-Mart the cheapest, but you only get 3 applicators full. I haven't tried it yet, so I am curious it one applicator hold enough for 1 or more full scalp applications!?!
Thanks Trdegray. I went to WalMart and they had 4 boxes of the Monistat3 4% applicators-only on the shelf. I took all of them:D. Sorry if anyone was shopping the same store but they will re-stock soon I'm sure. The cashier scanned the first one and then the second one and paused for a second and glanced at me. I was tempted to start scratching but resisted the temptation LOL. I am going to dilute it slightly like 3 parts MN 2 parts water so it is not so thick and not too runny.

I've been doing 2% diluted since Saturday and I am measuring from my temple area just above the ear since it's easy to grab and see. I've heard the stories about amazing growth in just a few days and I'm seeing it too. I'm not going to believe it unless it continues. If 4% grows it half as well its money well spent in my book.
Also bought a haircolor just to get the pointy applicator bottle. How do you recycle unused haircolor? There is an old dog in my neighborhood that could use some color.

alicecaroline
October 13th, 2010, 09:53 PM
How much are y'all using on your hair? I use about 3-4 pea sized amounts per session, but some are using 1-2 whole applicators?

Should I be using the entire applicator??

JuneBride
October 13th, 2010, 09:58 PM
How much are y'all using on your hair? I use about 3-4 pea sized amounts per session, but some are using 1-2 whole applicators?

I think I was just heavy-handed. But I think I might "dilute" one 4% applicator full with some 2% I have left. That way if I go overboard, I am not wasting it with water, I am still using full strength monistat.

Since I am only doing this for a month, and not leaving it on for many hours at a time, I want to get as much on my head as possible for the few hours I can...

alwayssmiling
October 14th, 2010, 04:35 AM

I don't know if i'm doing it right as I'm a beginner, but I am putting the tiniest blob on three fingers then just run it over the parting, then continue parting and repeating until i've done pretty much the whole area. I guess it would equate to an inch in total - wonder if thats too much :confused: as my hair has been so greasy the last few days.

BeachBabe91
October 14th, 2010, 05:10 AM

I use about the same amount!! An entire applicator is way too much!!! An applicator last about a week to two weeks for me.

Aeowen
October 14th, 2010, 07:20 AM
So, I monistat-ed yesterday...I don't necessarily want to wash it out today, but since I'm a super-shorty, I really can't get away with not at least wetting my hair today. Should I CWC (my normal routine) then re-monistat? Or hold off and just wet?

bunzfan
October 14th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I just wanted to say i had some progress with the cream but when i started using the powder boy did my hair grow.. i have only been using it just over a week!

JuneBride
October 14th, 2010, 10:14 AM
MN Project Day 6:
I emptied one 4% applicator into an old bowl I will never eat out of again and added some 2%...mixed very well with a platic spoon...and applied it all to my hair (while it was dry), then I combed it all with a wide tooth pick and put it in a bun. I am not sure how people can use less than one applcator, its never enough for me. And I tried to use as little as possible today because I have to go out in public!

I plan to keep it on all day until my daily-evening shower to CO it out. Looking forward to taking a progress picture or two on Saturday...I think I have noticed my baby hairs (around my forehead hairline) getting some growth!!!!!!!!!!!! But I don't want to get my hopes up :/

ems
October 14th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I just wanted to say i had some progress with the cream but when i started using the powder boy did my hair grow.. i have only been using it just over a week!

What is this powder?

bunzfan
October 14th, 2010, 02:25 PM
What is this powder?

Oh sorry i forgot to mention its the Daktarin foot powder, its the same percentage as the cream i put it in while my hair is still wet otherwise you get a white head :)

ems
October 14th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Oh sorry i forgot to mention its the Daktarin foot powder, its the same percentage as the cream i put it in while my hair is still wet otherwise you get a white head :)

Oh, so you've had better effect with that even though it's the same strength?! I wonder how that could be!
How do you put it on, same way as the cream with parting the hair?

Ylesque
October 14th, 2010, 03:19 PM
bunzfan, I'm also curious about your results with the powder! Have you used the cream as well, so that you could compare the two? Please do keep posting your progress with it! :)

As for myself, I ordered a pack of the 4% cream online earlier this week and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I'd used a 2% generic over the summer and got fantastic results from that, so I can't wait to get the strong stuff! :cheese:

alicecaroline
October 14th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Okay! I wasn't sure, it seems to cover my whole head with just that but i wasn't sure if everyone was completely soaking their heads lol, I think I'm seeing growth! which is very exciting! I may try and use two inches of cream next time and see if that speeds things up even more

Mike
October 14th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Second application of 4% slightly diluted with warm water tonight. No side effects with the 2% but have had a very slight headachy feel with the 4% which I feel within an hour and goes away in about 2 hours. My theory is that the MN increases the bloodflow to the scalp which causes the headache and also hair growth. The 4% does not seem as thick as the 2% tube and I'm trying to make the dilution thicker so it covers more of the scalp and does not get the hair near the scalp so wet. The slight headache tells me it must be working. Considerng straight non-diluted to the scalp but it is hard to spread it around.

JuneBride
October 14th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Second application of 4% slightly diluted with warm water tonight. No side effects with the 2% but have had a very slight headachy feel with the 4% which I feel within an hour and goes away in about 2 hours. My theory is that the MN increases the bloodflow to the scalp which causes the headache and also hair growth. The 4% does not seem as thick as the 2% tube and I'm trying to make the dilution thicker so it covers more of the scalp and does not get the hair near the scalp so wet. The slight headache tells me it must be working. Considerng straight non-diluted to the scalp but it is hard to spread it around.

It is hard to spread that is why I use so much!! Good luck :)

May
October 14th, 2010, 10:51 PM
MN Project Day 6:
I emptied one 4% applicator into an old bowl I will never eat out of again and added some 2%...mixed very well with a platic spoon...and applied it all to my hair (while it was dry), then I combed it all with a wide tooth pick and put it in a bun. I am not sure how people can use less than one applcator, its never enough for me. And I tried to use as little as possible today because I have to go out in public!

I plan to keep it on all day until my daily-evening shower to CO it out. Looking forward to taking a progress picture or two on Saturday...I think I have noticed my baby hairs (around my forehead hairline) getting some growth!!!!!!!!!!!! But I don't want to get my hopes up :/

I may be wrong but I think most people are only putting it on their scalps and it sounds like you are putting it from roots to ends?...am I right? If I misunderstood you then sorry but if not then this might explain why you seem to be using so much more than everyone else...

Mike
October 14th, 2010, 10:53 PM
It is hard to spread that is why I use so much!! Good luck :)

You know, if I use an applicator a day it is still less than I spend at Starbucks each day. It's not expensive ladies!! Good luck to you too TRD...great hair BTW!!

BeachBabe91
October 15th, 2010, 05:01 AM
So here's my hair now:

That was a week ago. This is my hair today:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Jordan_McCoy/Photoon2010-10-15at05573.jpg

Krentje
October 15th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Day 22:
Progress is showing!
But a reminder for everyone, especially myself: don't put it on the face-side of your ears per accident, some hairs will start to grow there! (actually it looks quite cute, so i won't pluck them off yet).

The reporting backs from everyone here really helped me, so i hope people will keep coming back to report, especially on what happens when you stop or use it on a long term.
Just some summing up for folks who just discovered this thread (sorry in advance for my english)

- Only need to put the cream on once every 2 or 3 days to make it effective, No matter if you wash your hair in between. (Allthough some people suggest to keep it at least overnight for effectiveness, well, least a few hours!)

- Effectiveness is only on the scalp, not on the hairs itself

- Long term side-effects not quite known, some people suggest to make a break every month/few monts to be sure it won't do any harm, if possible in the first place.

- How the daktarin or Monistat exactly enhances hair growth is subject of debate. It is suggested that it makes the scalp breath and stimulates the follicles. It is for some people a very good anti-dandruff method (including myself), so it might be fighting fungus which causes hair stall?

- Not all people experience a better hair growth rate. It might be that your hair growth is already very good, at a max? Or it just doesn't work for anybody.

good growing!

RachieBaby
October 15th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Ok so i've been reading through quite a lot of posts on this thread, i think I would like to try this... but im wayyy too nervous at the moment. ENCOURAGEMENT NEEDED! haha I think I may wait and see if i get a stall at some point and then try it hehe :)

JuneBride
October 15th, 2010, 07:22 AM
I may be wrong but I think most people are only putting it on their scalps and it sounds like you are putting it from roots to ends?...am I right? If I misunderstood you then sorry but if not then this might explain why you seem to be using so much more than everyone else...

Nope, just on the scalp, I follow the Suicides Eve Tutorial

JuneBride
October 15th, 2010, 07:23 AM
You know, if I use an applicator a day it is still less than I spend at Starbucks each day. It's not expensive ladies!! Good luck to you too TRD...great hair BTW!!

Thank you!

alicecaroline
October 15th, 2010, 08:39 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Jordan_McCoy/Photoon2010-10-15at05573.jpg
Wow! Your hair is so pretty! Thats good length of just 7 days!
Congratulations!

How often do you use the 4&#37;? And you said you use about an inch for your whole scalp?

Konstifik
October 15th, 2010, 09:55 AM
So - I've bought anti-fungal foot cream (you are not in the position to laugh at me :D) since monistat doesn't exist here. But it contains 2&#37; miconazole, so it should work in a similar way. I applied it to my scalp this morning, and the itchiness has been almost completely gone all day. :)

ems
October 15th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I use footcream too! :)

alwayssmiling
October 15th, 2010, 11:57 AM

Thats great :). Your "V" has grown out in a week :eek:. I need to do my fifth application.

Linnykinz
October 15th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Yes, on a DRY scalp, and I was doing it quickly because I forgot to put it on when I got home, so I rushed...I think tomorrow I am going to use just one. Plus putting it on straight from the applicator was awkward...any tips on that? I don't want to dilute it!

Sorry for the very delayed response! What I do is use an old hair-dye applicator bottle, put about a quarter to half a tube in and mix with a little bit of water just to get it more runny. Then section my hair off, apply and rub in. When I don't feel like going through all of that, I just get some on my finger tips, turn my head upside down and rub in.

I need to run to the store to get some more! Does anybody have any different experiences with brand-name vs.generic 4%?

JuneBride
October 15th, 2010, 12:36 PM
MN Project Day 7:
Mostly the same as Day 6, I emptied one 4&#37; applicator into an old bowl I will never eat out of again and added some 2%...mixed very well with a plastic spoon...and applied it all to my scalp (while it was dry), then I combed it all with a wide tooth pick and put it in a bun. I plan to keep it on all day until my daily-evening shower to CO it out like I did last night. Looking forward to taking a progress picture or two tomorrow after I see my hairdresser for a professional conditioning treatment and flat-iron-style...I think I have noticed some growth in my what-used-to-be-bangs!!! We'll see in the pics tomorrow!!!

bunzfan
October 15th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Oh, so you've had better effect with that even though it's the same strength?! I wonder how that could be!
How do you put it on, same way as the cream with parting the hair?

Yes exactly the same, i think i had a better effect as powder goes on your scalp and stays better than the cream and it last a lot longer to...i have also had some progress with mega tek i haven't been using it for a few months as i ran out

laughinglynxie
October 15th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Ok so i've been reading through quite a lot of posts on this thread, i think I would like to try this... but im wayyy too nervous at the moment. ENCOURAGEMENT NEEDED! haha I think I may wait and see if i get a stall at some point and then try it hehe :)

I say go for it! It really doesn't effect your day to day life. In fact, I've just been putting it on my scalp when I get home for the day, leave it on all through the night, and just wash out in the morning. Seems to be working! (I have a demarcation line because I recently went red-head.)

Do it, do it! :)

JuneBride
October 15th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I say go for it! It really doesn't effect your day to day life. In fact, I've just been putting it on my scalp when I get home for the day, leave it on all through the night, and just wash out in the morning. Seems to be working! (I have a demarcation line because I recently went red-head.)

Do it, do it! :)

I agree totally, it may not help, but it can't hurt. Read what Suicides Eve wrote about it, watch her videos, read her "monistat page," etc. its all very encouraging! :disco:

RachieBaby
October 15th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Thank you laughinglynxie and trdegray :)
I will have a look :) and next time pay day comes up I think i'll have a go at it :D

nemileo
October 15th, 2010, 05:36 PM
This sounds very interesting. I have been reading and reading, and wondering if I will find the similar product over here in Norway. Think I will throw myself into som heavy surfing the web to find out. To run to the bathroom to smear my boyfriends athletes foot-cream into my head doesn`t sound very appealing I must admit, but I guess I have to check if it actually contains miconazole nitrate, then I will purchase a bottle for myself ;)

McFearless
October 15th, 2010, 07:04 PM

Your hair looks amazing! Congrats girl! Did you do something to it other than the monistat? it looks so silky. Tell us your routine:D

McFearless
October 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I was wondering if anyone uses MN strickly on their bangs or shorter layers?

BeachBabe91
October 16th, 2010, 06:31 AM
So here's my hair now:

Wow! Your hair is so pretty! Thats good length of just 7 days!
Congratulations!

How often do you use the 4%? And you said you use about an inch for your whole scalp?

I use it twice a day most days, but if I'm lazy, only once. Thank you!! :)

BeachBabe91
October 16th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Your hair looks amazing! Congrats girl! Did you do something to it other than the monistat? it looks so silky. Tell us your routine:D

Thank you!! I don't do anything to special. I use moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, (and deep conditioner once a week). I wash my hair every second day. After my shower, I towel dry it, then spray in some leave in conditioner by Pantene, concentrating on my ends, and I use a tiny amount of John Frieda Weather Works to control any frizz. Then I just sleep on wet hair, and let it be in the morning. My hair is naturally mostly straight but wavy too, especially after it's wet and I sleep on it. I don't use heat much anymore, other than curling random strands of straighter hair to blend in with the other wavy parts. Before I use heat, I always spray Chi heat protector. So that's about it :)

Any luck with MN guys!?

JuneBride
October 16th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Monistat Project Day 7:
I did not put any on today. I went to the hairdresser and had a professional conditioning treatment and a blowdry/flatiron style. Here is a side-by-side comparison photo of my hair 4 weeks ago and then today.
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/trdegray/Hair%202010/100_3582-1-1.jpg

Mike
October 16th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Just finished week 1 starting with 2% and switching to 4%. I measured a side section of hair and it has grown 1/4 inch. Measured 4 times because I did not believe it. If this keeps up it will be 2" in 1 month. Unbelievable.
I have a question if there is a pharmacist in the house. Can you develop resistance with extended use kind of like overuse of antibiotics?

JuneBride
October 16th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Just finished week 1 starting with 2&#37; and switching to 4%. I measured a side section of hair and it has grown 1/4 inch. Measured 4 times because I did not believe it. If this keeps up it will be 2" in 1 month. Unbelievable.
I have a question if there is a pharmacist in the house. Can you develop resistance with extended use kind of like overuse of antibiotics?

I am not a pharmacist in the least, however, I read thru this entire thread, as well as other research, and that is a very valid question that I have not found the answer too. But I think that people are afraid of that and that, as well as any other unknown longterm side effects and that is why they use it and quit after a while. I have seen growth too, maybe not as much as you...so I am torn, I want to continue but I am kinda scared still. I think will give it another 3 weeks (I, too, just wrapped up my first week of use) and stick to my original plan of using it for one month as an experiment. I would love to use it for 4 more weeks and attempt to reach my goal...but its getting expensive...and those unknown long term effect scare me!!!

Congrats on your growth, how wonderful!!!!

Mike
October 17th, 2010, 07:20 AM
I am not a pharmacist in the least, however, I read thru this entire thread, as well as other research, and that is a very valid question that I have not found the answer too. But I think that people are afraid of that and that, as well as any other unknown longterm side effects and that is why they use it and quit after a while. I have seen growth too, maybe not as much as you...so I am torn, I want to continue but I am kinda scared still. I think will give it another 3 weeks (I, too, just wrapped up my first week of use) and stick to my original plan of using it for one month as an experiment. I would love to use it for 4 more weeks and attempt to reach my goal...but its getting expensive...and those unknown long term effect scare me!!!

Congrats on your growth, how wonderful!!!!

June your hair is longer and definitely looks thicker too in the October pic. Keep it up!!

JuneBride
October 17th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Monistat Project Day 8:
About 4 or 5 hours ago I emptied one pre-filled applicator of 4&#37; into a bowl and added some 2%...put it all on my scalp (dry), deeply oiled my length with coconut oil and bunned it. In about one hour I will CO wash it all out and let it air dry. I have seen definite accelerated growth of my baby hairs around my forehead hairline. And if you go to my profile page, I think you can tell there has been some improvement between September and October (which is inclusive of the last 8 days).

Monistat is working for me!!!

I went to the store and bought more 2% and 4% today, to be stocked up for the week!

:)

lundmir
October 17th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Interesting. I only applied once last Sunday, and I got the same rate of growth. 5mm a week with either one or three applications! I will only apply on Sundays from now on, no sense in wasting MN when I get the same results.

JuneBride
October 17th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Interesting. I only applied once last Sunday, and I got the same rate of growth. 5mm a week with either one or three applications! I will only apply on Sundays from now on, no sense in wasting MN when I get the same results.

I think after my 4 full week experiment of nearly everyday applications, I will start to wean myself down to just a few times and then maybe once a week. I am really just looking to reach my goal of BSL and maintain there...MN is getting expensive!!! :cool:

Cirafly24
October 17th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I am also starting a Monistat project! :) I started using it several months ago, but got lazy and didn't keep up with it. I have been shedding a LOT lately, though, and have lost about 1/4 inch in circumference since the beginning of the summer. I want to help accelerate the regrowth!

I will be applying 2&#37; MN 2-3 times a week (the day before wash day) for 4 weeks to begin with. At that point I will assess my progress and decide whether or not to continue.

I use approximately 2 inches of cream diluted 50% with warm water, and apply to scalp with a dye applicator bottle, then massage with fingertips.

Last night, October 16th, I did my first application. I am starting at 37 inches. I will check my progress weekly and reassess on November 13th.

JuneBride
October 17th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I am also starting a Monistat project! :) I started using it several months ago, but got lazy and didn't keep up with it. I have been shedding a LOT lately, though, and have lost about 1/4 inch in circumference since the beginning of the summer. I want to help accelerate the regrowth!

I will be applying 2% MN 2-3 times a week (the day before wash day) for 4 weeks to begin with. At that point I will assess my progress and decide whether or not to continue.

I use approximately 2 inches of cream diluted 50% with warm water, and apply to scalp with a dye applicator bottle, then massage with fingertips.

Last night, October 16th, I did my first application. I am starting at 37 inches. I will check my progress weekly and reassess on November 13th.

So Cool! Good Luck! Can't wait to see your report(s)!!!

ems
October 17th, 2010, 05:56 PM

I'm also going to apply only once or twice a week from now on, and see what happens. I've applied every day for four weeks and it's becoming expensive and I'm quite tired of doing it. I am also a bit concerned of longterm effects.

Fairlight63
October 17th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Does the MN help with shedding? or does it make you shed more?

ems
October 17th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I don't really notice any shedding either with or without MN, but thats probably because my hair is so short. I've read lots of statements about MN reducing shedding though.

lundmir
October 17th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Thankfully the MN cream I get is extremely cheap, but I still want to save money, haha. If you girls feel it is getting expensive, you should do the experiment! I applied once last week due to sheer laziness, but I'm glad I did.

For me the shedding has never been too noticeable, but with MN I barely have any.

JuneBride
October 17th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I'm also going to apply only once or twice a week from now on, and see what happens. I've applied every day for four weeks and it's becoming expensive and I'm quite tired of doing it. I am also a bit concerned of longterm effects.

This is why I am going to stop or wean off around week 4, I am concerned about possible long term effects...

Mike
October 17th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Just finished week 1 starting with 2% and switching to 4%. I measured a side section of hair and it has grown 1/4 inch. Measured 4 times because I did not believe it. If this keeps up it will be 2" in 1 month. Unbelievable.
I have a bad cold and it is affecting my math skills. I just put on the MN for the night and thought 'did I say on LHC that 1/4" times 4 weeks will be 2" of growth?". Proof above. I'm still excited by the growth but only half as excited now. Duh!

JuneBride
October 17th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I have a bad cold and it is affecting my math skills. I just put on the MN for the night and thought 'did I say on LHC that 1/4" times 4 weeks will be 2" of growth?". Proof above. I'm still excited by the growth but only half as excited now. Duh!

ANY accelerated growth is welcome hahaha feel better

Garnett
October 18th, 2010, 10:55 AM
back on the wagon. I found some 2&#37; at the dollar store that looks vegan. I've been applying 3x weekly for two weeks now. I keep forgetting to measure, but I'm at waist now and will whip out the tape soon to get a real measuring done. I'll let y'all know if I get any results this time.

Rocket22
October 18th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Ok girls I'm joining in on this one! why not... my bf thinks I gone and lost my mind but yet supportive :) I will be on here one month as of the 21 and I took a picture the day I started and will take one this Thursday and start the MN then and see if there is a difference (with pictures) anyone want to join me :)

alwayssmiling
October 18th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Well I've done my first week 2% applied daily neat but haven't had any growth in fact my hair hasn't grown this month at all (though could be my measuring). Hope its just me being impatient :p, will keep going until the tube runs out probably a months supply.

BeachBabe91
October 18th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Hey guys! I'm getting lazy after the first week of using it, so I'm gonna try to use it at least once a day rather than twice a day. :) Let you know when I see more growth!! Good luck :) oh, I also got a bit on my forehead.. hooooping I don't wake up tomorrow with a patch of hair there. :rolleyes:

JuneBride
October 18th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Monistat Project Day 9:
I noticed I had this little tube of 2% "external cream" that came with one of my packs...so tonight I used that straight, no dilution.....but I just applied it a few minutes ago and plan to wash it out after I watch DWTS ;) Tomorrow I will go back to 4%

ems
October 19th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Hey guys! I'm getting lazy after the first week of using it, so I'm gonna try to use it at least once a day rather than twice a day. :) Let you know when I see more growth!! Good luck :) oh, I also got a bit on my forehead.. hooooping I don't wake up tomorrow with a patch of hair there. :rolleyes:
I am quite sure it doesn't work that well! :)

Monistat Project Day 9:
I noticed I had this little tube of 2% "external cream" that came with one of my packs...so tonight I used that straight, no dilution.....but I just applied it a few minutes ago and plan to wash it out after I watch DWTS ;) Tomorrow I will go back to 4%
Are you measuring to see how fast your hair grows?

BeautifulBella
October 19th, 2010, 08:32 AM
When I first read about using yeast infection medication for hair growth, I was so eager to try it I didn't really do much research and I used some prescribed stuff I had left over from ages ago (doesn't expire until 2013 though lol) Metronidazole Vaginal Gel, 0.75% by Prasco. I put it only on a small area of the back section of my scalp. Within 3 days I noticed this one bunch of hair that was WAY longer than the rest of my hair. Overjoyed, I washed my hair as usual, I always use shampoo, detangle w/ conditioner, then pour apple cider vinegar on my scalp. After I got out the shower I tried to wait until my hair was fully dried but I was so eager my hair was only about 70% dry and I applied Monistat 3 wich is 4% miconazole. I thought the monistat would work way better since that is what the message boards said to use. anyway after about 6 days I put on the Prasco gel in some areas and again I saw crazy growth. the monistat works well, I get about 1 inches a month with that, but the prasco gives me 2 inches per month. I want to try Monistat 1 (the one that comes in a prefilled applicator cream)
Has anyone tried Monistat 1? if not I will be the genea pig lol!
people are soo funny... they say they are not "desperate" enough to put "***** cream" on their head... whats more gross, medication OR somebody else hair! come on now!!!! I know that I dont want somebody elses hair in my FOOD, I certainly dont want somebody elses hair on my head...
another thing about the prasco is that it requires a prescription. I saw one online store selling it, but you need a doctor to fax the prescription etc. its also really expensive. I guess that it works so well because it is prescription grade antifungi.

alicecaroline
October 19th, 2010, 10:35 AM
When I first read about using yeast infection medication for hair growth, I was so eager to try it I didn't really do much research and I used some prescribed stuff I had left over from ages ago (doesn't expire until 2013 though lol) Metronidazole Vaginal Gel, 0.75% by Prasco. I put it only on a small area of the back section of my scalp. Within 3 days I noticed this one bunch of hair that was WAY longer than the rest of my hair. Overjoyed, I washed my hair as usual, I always use shampoo, detangle w/ conditioner, then pour apple cider vinegar on my scalp. After I got out the shower I tried to wait until my hair was fully dried but I was so eager my hair was only about 70% dry and I applied Monistat 3 wich is 4% miconazole. I thought the monistat would work way better since that is what the message boards said to use. anyway after about 6 days I put on the Prasco gel in some areas and again I saw crazy growth. the monistat works well, I get about 1 inches a month with that, but the prasco gives me 2 inches per month. I want to try Monistat 1 (the one that comes in a prefilled applicator cream)
people are soo funny... they say they are not "desperate" enough to put "***** cream" on their head... whats more gross, medication OR somebody else hair! come on now!!!! I know that I dont want somebody elses hair in my FOOD, I certainly dont want somebody elses hair on my head...
another thing about the prasco is that it requires a prescription. I saw one online store selling it, but you need a doctor to fax the prescription etc. its also really expensive. I guess that it works so well because it is prescription grade antifungi.
Was the prasco a prescription? Hmm that sounds very interesting! I've been using the Monistat for a week and I see a little bit of growth already!

I wonder if I should use prasco too!

JuneBride
October 19th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I am quite sure it doesn't work that well! :)

Are you measuring to see how fast your hair grows?

Not really...yes, but it doesn't seem to be accurate, so I take pics instead...check out my albums ;)

I'll try to work on the measuring...

Khepri
October 19th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Ok guys, I'm on my 3rd day using 4&#37; Monistat, and I just found what looks like burn patches on my scalp where I applied the Monistat. It looks horrible, it itches, and the patches are bleeding a bit. I'm not ever going to use the Monistat again. Maybe I should have started with a diluted 2%, but I'm too scared to try it again. I don't know what to do about the burns. Apply aloe vera, maybe?
Has anyone had this problem?

bunzfan
October 19th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I have been using the Daktarin powder every day for 7 days and a week a go my hair was barely BSL and now its almost past it! it last longer than the cream, on the plus side it dries out your roots when they are greasy.

JuneBride
October 19th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I have been using the Daktarin powder every day for 7 days and a week a go my hair was barely BSL and now its almost past it! it last longer than the cream, on the plus side it dries out your roots when they are greasy.

Is there anything like this available in the US!?

bunzfan
October 19th, 2010, 02:13 PM

I'm not to sure:confused:what i am using is basically an athlete foot powder with 2% mn in, i read about people using it on a hair loss forum i put it in when my hair is wet so it sinks in.

Garnett
October 19th, 2010, 02:31 PM
My hair is looking a bit greasy after three applications in three days. I might go look for the MN powder to hold me out for one more day. I usually only wash about 2x a week, and if I've put nothing in my hair, 1x a week is good. I'm not used to having it look oily but I'm determined to stick it out this time! I had headaches almost daily for the first week but have not had one since Friday, so I'm thinking I'll be fine from here on out. I still haven't measured but I'll do so as soon as I find my measuring tape.

ems
October 19th, 2010, 02:55 PM
http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/daktarin-powder-original_1_2638.html
They seem to ship to the US.

bunzfan, I guess it's that one you are using?

bunzfan
October 19th, 2010, 03:07 PM
http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/daktarin-powder-original_1_2638.html
They seem to ship to the US.

bunzfan, I guess it's that one you are using?

Thats the exact one :)

Krentje
October 19th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Ok guys, I'm on my 3rd day using 4% Monistat, and I just found what looks like burn patches on my scalp where I applied the Monistat. It looks horrible, it itches, and the patches are bleeding a bit. I'm not ever going to use the Monistat again. Maybe I should have started with a diluted 2%, but I'm too scared to try it again. I don't know what to do about the burns. Apply aloe vera, maybe?

Pool Khepri, i feel for you and hope your skin gets well soon!

I read on the package of daktarin (= 2 % MN, it says 'cream against yeast infections of the skin') that applying the cream too often or over a longer time can cause burn patches :(. Partly because of this warning i am very cautious in letting it sit on too long on my head (max a night for me), or applying it more often than once every 4 days. However, many people on this thread seam to have no problem at all letting it sit long and using it often. So you are being very unlucky :(.

My advice for your patches would be: don't put anything on it, except rinsing it with water and maybe some plain calendula or vaseline and hope it will fix itself soon.

:flower:

alicecaroline
October 19th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Thats the exact one :)
How thats amazing! I may order some to use along with the monistat, how much do you put on after you wash your hair? does it smell at all? So many questions!

BeautifulBella
October 19th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Yes this was a prescription. I only see one website selling it :(

alicecaroline
October 19th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Yes this was a prescription. I only see one website selling it :(
Okay, well getting a prescription for using on my scalp would be very difficult, and they would probably think I'm crazy lol but congratulations on the growth!

Would the desenex (US brand) work as a substitute for the Daktarin? It has 2% Miconazole Nitrate as well!

Cirafly24
October 20th, 2010, 01:16 AM

Metronidazole is actually an antibiotic, not an antifungal. It is used to treat bacterial infections. I would check with a doctor before using it other than the way it was prescribed.

x0h_bother
October 20th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Metronidazole is actually an antibiotic, not an antifungal. It is used to treat bacterial infections. I would check with a doctor before using it other than the way it was prescribed.

Metronidazole is used for rosacea, so I don't think it would be bad on the scalp. Same idea as Miconazole, just treats for a different agent.

Mike
October 20th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Started with 2% diluted with water on 10/9 and switched to 4% diluted with water on 10/13. On 10/16 my hair had grown a 1/4 inch. Tonight I applied the 4% straight and used one applicator. I can definitely feel it working as the pressure or tightness (not headache) has returned to my scalp. I figure using one applicator a day will cost abot $100 a month. I just want the front and sides to catch up to the current back length so I can get another trim and all one length. Looks like 3 months more if I keep averaging 1/4 inch a week growth. I was at the pharmacy a few days ago getting cold meds and picked up a few more 3-packs of 4% and got a look from the cashier. She probably thought I was mixing it with the Nyquil to make crack or something :D.

Rocket22
October 20th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Started with 2% diluted with water on 10/9 and switched to 4% diluted with water on 10/13. On 10/16 my hair had grown a 1/4 inch. Tonight I applied the 4% straight and used one applicator. I can definitely feel it working as the pressure or tightness (not headache) has returned to my scalp. I figure using one applicator a day will cost abot $100 a month. I just want the front and sides to catch up to the current back length so I can get another trim and all one length. Looks like 3 months more if I keep averaging 1/4 inch a week growth. I was at the pharmacy a few days ago getting cold meds and picked up a few more 3-packs of 4% and got a look from the cashier. She probably thought I was mixing it with the Nyquil to make crack or something :D.

OMG... I just cracked up reading this I can only imagine what people must think? but I would rather they think I was making crack than tell them I was putting this on my head!!!! I'm starting tonight!!!! good luck and I'll watch your progress.....:cheese:

JuneBride
October 20th, 2010, 06:21 PM

Hysterical, yet seriously Awesome Growth!

JuneBride
October 20th, 2010, 06:27 PM
MN Project Day 10: It would have been yesterday but I slacked off and didn't put any on.
MN Project Day 11: I have equal parts 2&#37; and 4% on my head right now, I put it on about an hour ago and will leave it on for a few more hours. Slight headachy/pressure feeling.

I measured on October 1 and it was about 20 and a half (1/2) inches and I just measured tonight (October 20) and it's just about at 21 inches...so that is ALMOST HALF AN INCH in 20 days!!! (That is a lot for me I think!); I don't like measuring and feel like I can't get a totally accurate measurement...so I think pictures are better and will keep taking them ;) in addition to measuring. More importantly to me, it feels what-would-be-considered-my-bangs are growing past my chin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JuneBride
October 20th, 2010, 06:30 PM
OMG... I just cracked up reading this I can only imagine what people must think? but I would rather they think I was making crack than tell them I was putting this on my head!!!! I'm starting tonight!!!! good luck and I'll watch your progress.....:cheese:

I am looking forward to seeing YOUR progress! I love your hair!

McFearless
October 20th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Ok guys, I'm on my 3rd day using 4% Monistat, and I just found what looks like burn patches on my scalp where I applied the Monistat. It looks horrible, it itches, and the patches are bleeding a bit. I'm not ever going to use the Monistat again. Maybe I should have started with a diluted 2%, but I'm too scared to try it again. I don't know what to do about the burns. Apply aloe vera, maybe?

Thats awful:( Has it gone away yet? I have no advice but don't touch it and maybe stay away from shampoo until the skin heals? Good luck, sorry that happened to you:(

Mike
October 20th, 2010, 07:32 PM
I know...love the reaction. Maybe I should find a store with a self-checkout machine. Your hair is already gorgeous. You will love this stuff. It's like moving the calendar forward for hair growth without missing any days of your life.

Mike
October 20th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Hysterical, yet seriously Awesome Growth!
Sounds like you have some serious growth going on too JuneBride. I may mix this with the gas in my motorcycle to see if it goes faster :D.

BeachBabe91
October 20th, 2010, 07:50 PM
MN Project Day 10: It would have been yesterday but I slacked off and didn't put any on.
MN Project Day 11: I have equal parts 2% and 4% on my head right now, I put it on about an hour ago and will leave it on for a few more hours. Slight headachy/pressure feeling.

I measured on October 1 and it was about 20 and a half (1/2) inches and I just measured tonight (October 20) and it's just about at 21 inches...so that is ALMOST HALF AN INCH in 20 days!!! (That is a lot for me I think!); I don't like measuring and feel like I can't get a totally accurate measurement...so I think pictures are better and will keep taking them ;) in addition to measuring. More importantly to me, it feels what-would-be-considered-my-bangs are growing past my chin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's great!!!! Congrats! I agree with you, I don't measure mine either.. I can't say I've even tried :P, but I feel like I wouldn't be able to do it accurately. I just look at the longest lengths closely every few days and see if it looks any longer.

JuneBride
October 20th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Sounds like you have some serious growth going on too JuneBride. I may mix this with the gas in my motorcycle to see if it goes faster :D.

LOL, I think my nails are reacting as well. I just hope I don't get hairs growing from my hairline to my eyebrows!!! And this is getting EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

JuneBride
October 20th, 2010, 09:25 PM
That's great!!!! Congrats! I agree with you, I don't measure mine either.. I can't say I've even tried :P, but I feel like I wouldn't be able to do it accurately. I just look at the longest lengths closely every few days and see if it looks any longer.

Thanks and agreed!
I can tell my "bangs" are growing and there is this one baby hair that has nearly doubled in lenght over my right eye! hahaha...

But seriously tho, I think my bangs grow faster than the rest of my hair, I have been dying to start a thread about this and think its almost time! hahaha because I put the MN all over my head and my bangs seem to have grown the most, and in the last year they have grown A LOT (see my album) and the back of my hair...no so much!

How is your progress coming along?

Khepri
October 20th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the advice Krentje. I was really freaking out about it, but I think the best thing was to just wash it and then leave it alone, so thank you. :)

McFearless, the patches are much better today. I gently washed my hair yesterday without using shampoo, and it stopped the itching and irritation. I put a tiny bit of aloe vera on the burns this morning which really helped.

I'm glad everyone else is having such great success with Monistat! Happy growing!

Rocket22
October 20th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I am looking forward to seeing YOUR progress! I love your hair!

Awe how sweet of you! I hated my hair that's why I covered it up for the last 4 years with extensions... funny we never like what we got!! going to work on that. hopefully this board will teach me to treat it better and take better care of it and know that I can grow it on my own. :)

JuneBride
October 20th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Awe how sweet of you! I hated my hair that's why I covered it up for the last 4 years with extensions... funny we never like what we got!! going to work on that. hopefully this board will teach me to treat it better and take better care of it and know that I can grow it on my own. :)

Yes you can!!!!

McFearless
October 20th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Thanks and agreed!
I can tell my "bangs" are growing and there is this one baby hair that has nearly doubled in lenght over my right eye! hahaha...

But seriously tho, I think my bangs grow faster than the rest of my hair, I have been dying to start a thread about this and think its almost time! hahaha because I put the MN all over my head and my bangs seem to have grown the most, and in the last year they have grown A LOT (see my album) and the back of my hair...no so much!

How is your progress coming along?

My bangs grow so much faster too! I think its because I'm always touching them? Maybe that stimulates the blood circulation?

Stormphoenix
October 20th, 2010, 10:58 PM
I told my dermatologist what I was doing and her face froze - like Medusa had turned her to stone. She just had no reaction at all for the first little while.

Then, she said if I felt it worked, there was no harm in continuing, but she did suggest I take some hair vitamins like Biotin, Folic Acid and an iron pill called "Slow FE".

JuneBride
October 20th, 2010, 11:03 PM
I told my dermatologist what I was doing and her face froze - like Medusa had turned her to stone. She just had no reaction at all for the first little while.

Then, she said if I felt it worked, there was no harm in continuing, but she did suggest I take some hair vitamins like Biotin, Folic Acid and an iron pill called "Slow FE".

Good info thanks!!! Have you seen accelerated growth???

McFearless
October 20th, 2010, 11:05 PM

Haha! I can just imagine. When I told my mom that I used Monistat her face was literally like this :|

alwayssmiling
October 21st, 2010, 05:05 AM
UPDATE day 11 for me! Success :cheese:-

I agree with those that have said measuring is not too accurate , I've been measuring using my collar bone as a mark but then its occured to me that depending on how my shoulders hang can make a difference of an inch (so thats no good either) Unfortunately camera on the blink :rolleyes:

Basically the problem I have is that the hair at the back is growing like weed but my sides are growing painfully slowly and I have to keep cutting the back to make it look even. So....I have been putting the cream just on my side sections. Well in the space of 11 days my sides have caught up to the back section - I now have a kind of one length bob :eek:. I estimate that my hair has grown an inch in this time (please bear in mind that I have always had sudden spurts but usually around 1/2") Not only am I amazed but so pleased that I don't have to cut this month and can start doing some serious growing. :cheese:

Can someone advise me how long to do this for, should I take a break now that I'm seeing some serious growth or should I keep going? No side effects at all other than sarcastic remarks from OH :o Thanks

ems
October 21st, 2010, 07:06 AM
My bangs grow so much faster too! I think its because I'm always touching them? Maybe that stimulates the blood circulation?

My bangs grow faster too, I think. Or maybe just the top layer of my hair.

Haha, that's funny! I wouldn't tell anyone :)

So, the last week I've only applied once, maybe I'll do it again tonight. I will keep you updated on the growth, maybe it's just like people have been saying all along, that you only need to use it a couple of times every week. That would be so much cheaper and convenient!

ems
October 21st, 2010, 07:10 AM

I agree with those that have said measuring is not too accurate , I've been measuring using my collar bone as a mark but then its occured to me that depending on how my shoulders hang can make a difference of an inch (so thats no good either) Unfortunately camera on the blink :rolleyes:

Basically the problem I have is that the hair at the back is growing like weed but my sides are growing painfully slowly and I have to keep cutting the back to make it look even. So....I have been putting the cream just on my side sections. Well in the space of 11 days my sides have caught up to the back section - I now have a kind of one length bob :eek:. I estimate that my hair has grown an inch in this time (please bear in mind that I have always had sudden spurts but usually around 1/2") Not only am I amazed but so pleased that I don't have to cut this month and can start doing some serious growing. :cheese:

Can someone advise me how long to do this for, should I take a break now that I'm seeing some serious growth or should I keep going? No side effects at all other than sarcastic remarks from OH :o Thanks

AN INCH IN 11 DAYS!!!!?!?!?!
I think you can safely use it for a while longer. Instructions for using MN for atheltics feets says to put it on twice a day for four weeks. Congratulations on your results!

Mike
October 21st, 2010, 10:03 AM
LOL, I think my nails are reacting as well. I just hope I don't get hairs growing from my hairline to my eyebrows!!! And this is getting EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know I just clipped my nails a week ago and now need to do it again. Crazy. If I get hair growing from my hairline to eyebrows I will go out as the Wolfman for Halloween :pumpkin:. It is a bit expensive but worth it I think.

JuneBride
October 21st, 2010, 07:26 PM
MN Project Day 12: I put equal parts 2% and 4% monistat on my dry scalp tonight and I plan to CO wash it out in a few hours. I think I will measure and/or take pics on Saturday :)

alicecaroline
October 21st, 2010, 08:45 PM
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6804/photoon20101011at15074.jpg
October 11,2010

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7513/photoon20101021at21382.jpg
Today, October 21,2010

10 Days!

rachelily
October 22nd, 2010, 08:48 AM

Wonderful progress!

I think the general consensus is that a lot of people use it for three months then go off for three months (or however long, they do it for 1 month and go off for 1 month) just so your scalp doesn't "adjust" to the Monistat like your hair can to a product, and make it less effective. :)

JuneBride
October 22nd, 2010, 03:29 PM
MN Project Day 13: I applied one pre-filled applicator of 4&#37; ONLY to the BACK of my head on a dry scalp this morning. I did this because I have been seeing the most progress with the front of my hair and, altho I do want all of my hair to grow, it is most important to me at this time that the back of my hair grows...so I think I am going to do this again tomorrow..................and take a progress pic! ;)