PDA

View Full Version : Monistat... dare we start this again

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17

bunzfan
March 21st, 2012, 09:29 AM
I'm going to try this. Bought a Swedish brand of athlete's foot cream with 2% Miconazole Nitrate. I have been a member of LHC for a long time and my hair has always grown at a steady rate of 0.5" a month. I am curious to see if this could speed up growth for me. Today is March 21st and I have just measured my hair and it's 62 cm or 24.4 inches long today. I will measure again in one month exactly to see if there are any results. My plan is to apply it undiluted when my hair is wet after being washed. I plan to apply after ever wash which is every 3-4 days. I'll be back in a month and share my results.

Are you using Daktarin ? that's what i've always used with great success.

Pecheresse
March 21st, 2012, 05:29 PM
I am using Daktarin and I have read on the web that maybe it was not as efficient as Monistat. I really hope they are wrong. I'm almost over my 2nd week....

Ligeia_13
March 21st, 2012, 06:28 PM
^ I doubt it, they both have miconazole nitrate as their active ingredient.

RedRendezvous
March 22nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
From what I've read on this thread, Daktarin is just as effective. The only problem is that it is only 2%.

Lize
March 22nd, 2012, 11:01 AM
Are you using Daktarin ? that's what i've always used with great success.

It's called "Daktar" here, but it could possibly be the same. It's from McNeil. There is also a Swedish brand available here that has a very similar cream simply called Mikonazol CCS, and I think the ingredients are the same. Unfortunately both brands contain mineral oil so it has left my roots a bit greasy. But I think I can stand that for a month while trying if it has any effect on my growth.

Pecheresse
March 23rd, 2012, 02:06 PM
Hi everyone, I am finishing my 2nd week, no big change, as my impatient self I just wish I could go to bed and have it BSL like tomorrow morning.... :)

I have a question : Is it ok doing Henna while on a MN cure? Or will MN discolor the henna on the roots or damage it, or make it go away? Thanks for your answer! I want to do a flamboyant red.

RedRendezvous
March 25th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I've been using monistat 4% for 1 week now. Last month my hair grew 1/2" (pretty typical). This week my hair grew 1/4"!!!!!!

Maybe this was a fluke and next week my hair won't grow at all. But if this keeps up, I'll get an inch of growth in one month. I'm so excited that this seems to be working. So far I've just had some very light headaches. I can deal with that. :cheese:

PixxieStix
March 25th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Hi everyone, I am finishing my 2nd week, no big change, as my impatient self I just wish I could go to bed and have it BSL like tomorrow morning.... :)

I have a question : Is it ok doing Henna while on a MN cure? Or will MN discolor the henna on the roots or damage it, or make it go away? Thanks for your answer! I want to do a flamboyant red.

If you wash your scalp prior to applying the henna, you should have no problems. You might consider waiting two or three days before applying the monistat again though just in case you are worried about it interfering with the oxidizing process. But once henna is on, it is on!

Perelka74
March 25th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I was considering trying this but I am scared , I read that some people loose a lot of hair and my is pretty thin already but extra growth sure would help.

Lize
March 26th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Ugh... I am out after only one application. I got a really itchy scalp from the cream and greasy-looking roots, which shows up so much on my hair. I can't go through that a whole month, so I hope that Spring will speed up my growth. (Although it never seems to.)

Pecheresse
March 26th, 2012, 01:11 PM
If you wash your scalp prior to applying the henna, you should have no problems. You might consider waiting two or three days before applying the monistat again though just in case you are worried about it interfering with the oxidizing process. But once henna is on, it is on!

Thank you Pixie! I shall remember what you said for further use. I decided to postpone the red henna until my hair get longer.:cool:

thirstylocks
April 3rd, 2012, 12:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWxC7Ne1qXA&feature=related

Very interesting video about monistat 7 and how it may contribute to hair growth.

Silverbrumby
April 3rd, 2012, 01:23 AM
I started using it almost 4 weeks ago and yes, my hair is growing faster but more importantly, after watching that video I think I might have a solution to my

thinning hair shaft problem

It's hormonal and age related according to my research. As you age the amount of hair on your head decreases as well for some (ME) the thickness of each hair shaft. This cream it appears, may reduce the hormonal receptors on the hair shaft thereby making reducing the effects of lower estrogen and as a consequence, higher testosterone. Women can experience male pattern type thinning as they age and some like me will get the thinning of each hair.

I might be crazy but already at the scalp the hair shafts look a tiny bit thicker.

This is going to be a year long experiment for me unless I get some bad side effect. I'm not worried about faster growth but I'd be over the moon if I can get back the medium hair I once had. It hangs better, flows better than this super fine stuff that has been coming in since I passed the 45 year mark.

Pecheresse
April 3rd, 2012, 12:59 PM
Yeah it def does thicken the hair :)

millyaulait
April 3rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
How often do you have to use Monistat for it to be effective?

I only really wash my hair once or twice a week, can I use it the night before a wash day or...?

Emy Sue
April 4th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Bought my first tube and a spray bottle yesterday. Hair measures in at 37 inches. I will keep y'all updated on my new hair growth.

I hope this works for me, because, well, I'm vain. And thinning hair, slow-growing hair are just major annoyances to me.

I will take before and after photos. Timming tomarrow, 1st before shot will be taken then. Wish me luck!

RedRendezvous
April 4th, 2012, 12:20 PM
millyaulait - I've been using it 3-4 times a week, and I only wash my hair about twice a week. I like to put it on my head right after I shower so it can be on there longer. I'm using the name brand so I don't really have a problem with it being oily.

AFM - I'm currently on week 3. Week 1, my hair grew 1/4". Week 2, my hair grew slightly less than 1/4. Even though its still WAY better than my usual 1/8", I was still a little disappointed. So for this week I've upped the concentration. I'll know on Sunday if its made a difference.

Long_hair_bear
April 4th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I use it 3 times a week diluted... My wash day is Thursday and my co wash day is Sunday so my mn days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. :D

estrela3
April 6th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Hello,

im new and i discored this Thread last week.As i live in europe i bought daktarin, what can i say??? it works, no side effects and about 1/2 an inch of grow in 2 days, no kidding, my hais is wavy and gets almost to my bustline, even my daughter noticed taht it is longer, my hair grows very slowly, im stunned about it...

Sheryl
April 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Ok, this is..incredible, to say the least! I have to try it.
I'm buying some Monistat tomorrow.

I would like to know WHY and HOW it works, exactly. Is the natural fungus present on everyone's head (overgrowth causes dandruff), invading the hair follicle and slowing down the growth? Is it that simple!

carolinaberry
April 8th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I used it last night and the night before. I bought the Monistat 3 (which is 4% and comes in 3 pre-measured applicators)and a dye applicator bottle (from Sally's). The first night, I used 4 oz of warm water to mix it (I misread where someone said to use 4 TBSP warm water)...it was a watery mess and most of it, of course, ended up in my hair. I massaged it in as I applied, I slept with a shower cap on and woke up with still wet hair. I used a clarifying shampoo and my hair ended up a dry mess (could have been the clarifying shampoo removing all my cone buildup that helped keep my hair soft and shiny)...last night I mixed it with 2 oz warm water...it was better but still too watery and got most of my hair wet, and I massaged again. I let it dry before I went to sleep with no cap. I washed today with my normal shampoo and conditioner. My hair is shiny/silky/full of body (the product I'm sure). Tonight I am going to use the last applicator and use 1 oz or less of water. I bought a tube of Monistat 7 (2%) and will switch to that after today. I will do daily or every other day as long as I can stand it. I would do it every 3 days, as that was how long I was going between washes, but it has made my hair greasy. If I can figure out how to best apply it and not get it in my hair, I will go back to every 3 days.

**Edit**
As to side effects...I am very headache-prone and felt like a headache was threatening both nights, but I took Aleve and I was fine. It didn't get full-blown.

Pecheresse
April 9th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Ok, this is..incredible, to say the least! I have to try it.
I'm buying some Monistat tomorrow.

I would like to know WHY and HOW it works, exactly. Is the natural fungus present on everyone's head (overgrowth causes dandruff), invading the hair follicle and slowing down the growth? Is it that simple!

I have a feeling it is that simple....

millyaulait
April 10th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Is anyone still doing this & having results? :)

My 2% Daktarin has just shipped, so I think I'll start on Saturday, should be here by then.

Currently 21", let's see if this does anything... !

RedRendezvous
April 10th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I'm still having decent progress! Weeks 2 & 3 haven't been quite as good as week 1, but still better than my normal growth rate. On Sunday I'll have been using it for a month. I'll just go to monthly measurements then.

gogirlanime
April 13th, 2012, 02:18 AM
I've been using off brand Monistat and M-T-G oil for a year and I managed to get 9 inches of growth during my first LHC year, I'd sayd Monistat is a success :cheese:

millyaulait
April 13th, 2012, 12:54 PM
That's amazing, gogirlanime! :D

I just got my Daktarin 2% today, I'm going to give it a go tonight.

I think I'll dilute it & see how it feels. Can't wait to see what this does for me... :)

millyaulait
April 13th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Ack, I couldn't wait & went and applied it right there!

I think I made it too watery.. It got my hair all wet, but never mind. I'll use less next time.

When you guys are applying the mix to your scalp, do you get the back of your head too?

I tried but found it really difficult to part my hair at the back to get to my scalp.

I did get the top of my head, and the sides. But totally missed out the back & nape area.

I wish there was a diagram or something on how to do this, hehe... :p

gogirlanime
April 13th, 2012, 01:59 PM
That's amazing, gogirlanime! :D

I just got my Daktarin 2% today, I'm going to give it a go tonight.

I think I'll dilute it & see how it feels. Can't wait to see what this does for me... :)

Thank you! Here is something you could try instead. I personally like to put it on after I pat-dry my hair when it's wet. I wet my hands a bit and then rub undiluted Monistat on my fingers and apply it directly it's stronger that way and I find application much easier when it's more on the thick side vs diluted to a sauce-like texture. When your hair is wet and the Daktarin/Monistat is a little wet it glides like butter. Part your hair in pieces so you get it mostly on your scalp and less on your hair.

stew
April 13th, 2012, 02:01 PM
:o

I am shocked.. I feel like I probably took my measurements incorrectly.. but I measured and remeasured my length about 5 times because I couldn't believe it..

I've been using a mix of one part Monistat to one part castor oil on my scalp every other night for the last 10 days, sleeping with it on, and washing it out in the morning. I've been using Shastrix's "Managing Hair Growth Data" spreadsheet. My last measurement, 10 days ago, was 58.0 centimeters. I measured today and it was 60.5 centimeters.

AN INCH IN TEN DAYS???! Is that even possible???
I am so skeptical. I feel like I MUST have measured wrong.
I'm going to continue doing this and measure again next week. If it has grown another inch I am going to be absolutely blown away.

millyaulait
April 13th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Thank you! Here is something you could try instead. I personally like to put it on after I pat-dry my hair when it's wet. I wet my hands a bit and then rub undiluted Monistat on my fingers and apply it directly it's stronger that way and I find application much easier when it's more on the thick side vs diluted to a sauce-like texture. When your hair is wet and the Daktarin/Monistat is a little wet it glides like butter. Part your hair in pieces so you get it mostly on your scalp and less on your hair.

Thanks so much! I'll do it that way on my next application.. :)

:o

I am shocked.. I feel like I probably took my measurements incorrectly.. but I measured and remeasured my length about 5 times because I couldn't believe it..

I've been using a mix of one part Monistat to one part castor oil on my scalp every other night for the last 10 days, sleeping with it on, and washing it out in the morning. I've been using Shastrix's "Managing Hair Growth Data" spreadsheet. My last measurement, 10 days ago, was 58.0 centimeters. I measured today and it was 60.5 centimeters.

AN INCH IN TEN DAYS???! Is that even possible???
I am so skeptical. I feel like I MUST have measured wrong.
I'm going to continue doing this and measure again next week. If it has grown another inch I am going to be absolutely blown away.

Wow, stew! That's fantastic! :D How exciting!

I think whenever I grow *anything* I am skeptical & have to measure 2318741 times before I can call it. :p

Hope the growth continues for you!

alyanna
April 13th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Hi Everyone!

I recently decided to try this monistat stuff after all. I was really skeptical when I joined LHC about a year ago, but I've been researching miconazole nitrate every since and have decided it would be ok.

So I've only done about 8 applications, but I've already gotten a growth spurt and I'm shedding less.

I use 2% and apply before I got to bed, then wash it off in the morning. I use about 1/2 tsp. diluted in 1/2 an ounce of water or a tad less. All this in a tiny little squirt bottle then I apply directly to scalp and massage in.

I haven't had headaches or any other side effects. Application is easy and I don't have to worry about grimy hair because I shower in the morning. Results have been promising so far. Will report back!

StPaulaGirl
April 13th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah, so. I'm thinking of trying this. I have no roots at the moment, so I think that could prove an advantage in determining whether my hair grows faster or not. :D Will definitely report back once I have something to report!

Amethyste
April 13th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Would Anti Fungal powders or sprays work? If you apply this before going to bed and then wash in the morning... Would that be the same principle?

Just curious... I bought some MN today... I'll have to put it on my head the night before it's washing day. Overnight is long enough?

morguebabe
April 13th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I was lol'ing at this ending up on Jezebel the other day.

stew
April 15th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hey, I'm doing this every other night mixed with castor oil. Does anyone have any tips for getting the oil out of my hair the next morning without using shampoo, so I don't have to shampoo all the time??

estrela3
April 15th, 2012, 02:34 PM
http://file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/estrela/Os%20meus%20documentos/As%20minhas%20imagens/hair%209.4.2012.JPG
http://file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/estrela/Os%20meus%20documentos/As%20minhas%20imagens/hair%2015.4.2012.JPG

hello,
hope you can see my pictures of 1 weeks grow...
best wishes :):cheese:

millyaulait
April 15th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Hey, I'm doing this every other night mixed with castor oil. Does anyone have any tips for getting the oil out of my hair the next morning without using shampoo, so I don't have to shampoo all the time??

Using only conditioner in place of shampoo will remove the castor oil without the harshness of shampoo.
Just leave the conditioner on for 30m or as long as you can before washing it out. :)

RedRendezvous
April 16th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I'm a little disappointed that I only got 3/4" of growth for my 1st month of Monistat. I'll keep it up because it really is helping, but I was hoping for an inch. Anyone notice that they were getting better/different results as time went on?

Zydrate
April 16th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I just found out that I have miconalozum cream at home.. But when I used it on my face (had some hyperpigmentation) and applied just a tad bit more than usual, my skin burned and swallowed.. so I am worried about using it on my scalp.. What do you people say? To use it or not?
1 gram of this cream contains 20mg of miconazole nitrate.. is this maybe too much?

bunzfan
April 25th, 2012, 02:22 PM
After being rather over enthusiastic with the micro trimming i'm trying to gain that extra inch i trimmed in March . I only started this week but i swear its longer because my updos look much better and i have more coils in a cinnamon bun than i normally do.

Back to applying twice a week diluted.

millyaulait
May 1st, 2012, 12:55 PM
Today I noticed A LOT of hairs coming in around my hairline.

I'm not sure if this is the Monistat working, or if my hair is breaking (:(), but I'm going to measure tomorrow & see if I've grown anything. :)

RedRendezvous
May 2nd, 2012, 10:21 AM
Its most like new hairs coming in. While the monistat hasn't sped up growth as much as I was hoping for, I have a TON of new hairs sprouting up!

sarahbrownie
May 2nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
I'm a little disappointed that I only got 3/4" of growth for my 1st month of Monistat. I'll keep it up because it really is helping, but I was hoping for an inch. Anyone notice that they were getting better/different results as time went on?

3/4th is excellent growth!!! :joy:
Don't be discouraged, keep at it. It might have been a slow month for your scalp. A trick for me is to do a head message after I apply the monistat, and an hour later when it's saturated into my scalp. It increases blood flow and helps the product really get in.

MamaCimino
May 3rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
I started using monistat at the end of January and by the end of February I gained an inch. In March I got lazy and only did it a couple times. Got back to applying it during April and by the end of the month my hair length was 23.25 inches so a bit more than three months it grew 2.25 inches! I'm excited with the results and will continue to do it at least three times a week.

RedRendezvous
May 3rd, 2012, 02:02 PM
I just discovered yesterday that the Target generic doesn't have mineral oil in it, and it's under $10 for the 3 day 4% pack!!!! I was tempted to stock up.

hdestiny95
May 4th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Hi, my names Hannah. I started using mn a week ago. I had a mohawk earlier this year and buzzed it off, my hair is now only about 2 inches long. It grows about 1/2" per month. Once I see some growth I'll be updating you all with my progress :) I really hope it works for me

bunzfan
May 4th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I started just again about a fortnight ago and this month i got a inch of growth :shocked:

millyaulait
May 4th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I started just again about a fortnight ago and this month i got a inch of growth :shocked:

Yay!!! Congrats :D

Pecheresse
May 4th, 2012, 05:27 PM
So I was talking to a woman tonight who said to me that the problem with MN is that it boosts the hair so much for a while that after a few yrs the hair is exhausted. The hair folicule desintegrates after being constantly stimulated and burnt which causes massive permanent shedding a few years down the line.The result is bald patches. Truth or trash?Either way It scared me...

MissAlyssa
May 8th, 2012, 01:24 PM
From what I understand, the monistat just allows your hair to reach it's maimum growth potential by killing bacteria that slow growth. So it's not stimulating the folicle at all, you're just getting all of the growth you would normally get without the interference of bacteria. But please correct me if I'm wrong :)

ravenheather
May 8th, 2012, 02:28 PM
That makes sense. SuicidesEve has taken MN for years and she's not bald.

gogirlanime
May 8th, 2012, 02:34 PM
From what I understand, the monistat just allows your hair to reach it's maimum growth potential by killing bacteria that slow growth. So it's not stimulating the folicle at all, you're just getting all of the growth you would normally get without the interference of bacteria. But please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Incorrect... not to call you out or anything. I researched it and Monistat increases circulation blocks FUNGUS and blocks androgens (testosterones) that thin out the hair and prevent growth. Estrogen is more beneficial for the hair than testosterone but too much or too little of either is not good either. So it works in 3 ways and does indirectly help stimulate the hair with circulation.

I've got some in my hair as of today. Gonna do my monthly measure on the 11th I'll let you know my growth this month everyone :) I usually average an inch a month on Monistat.

RedRendezvous
May 8th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Just measured on Sunday at the end of month 2. Only half an inch (my normal speed) bummer. However I have noticed a ridiculous about of new growth. So I guess thicker hair overall is ok. I'll keep going and see what happens next month.

Maybe I would have had a stall this month without it?

millyaulait
May 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
In the first two weeks of using Daktarin 2% I've gained half an inch which is nice.

I really hope I can average out one inch a month with this stuff! :)

I'll measure back in two weeks... !

GenLove86
May 8th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Oh man! This is crazy but from what I'm reading it seems to work! I'm trying to get my mom to do it with me.. she seems a little freaked out but will do it anyway! :)

lisa33
May 9th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I got pretty bad eczema from my dad's side of the genes and the scalp portion is the most annoying. I applied monistat 7 last night and already my scalp is 100% itch free! I was amazed! :joy:I would be happy with a healthier scalp or more growth, but both... That would be AMAZING! :D I am growing out some layers that are waaaay too short and it sounds like this monistat thing might work for me! My scalp already feels cleaner and healthier and maybe stimulated a little..? I'm not completly sure, but I love it! I'm doing a straight, undiluted application every other day by parting my hair in sections, paying special attention to my problem areas on my scalp.
A question I have though: for long term use, is it better to take a break every three months, or how often? and, would that break just help the growth results or could it hinder the scalp results or what? Thanks a BILLION to this forum, it's the reason my hair is healthy and itch free!! :rockerdud

bunzfan
May 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Just for the record i have used this stuff on and off for nearly 2 years and i'm not bald but i do take breaks for three months or so;) I only trimmed my hair last week and already its back to its pre length, i have only been applying this twice a week.

hdestiny95
May 9th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Ok, so I started doing this about a week and a half ago. I measured my hair last Wednesday. The top was 2" and the back/sides were 1 7/8" so i measured today and the back/sides grew 1/4" :D I'm so happy even though the top hasn't grown at all yet it's still progress! :) I dilute it with water and jojoba oil and apply at least 3 days per week sometimes 4

Danni5173
May 9th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Honestly...what will grow your hair is being healthy.

I had no growth for 4 years- I tried the Monistat and Vitamins and everything else to grow hair.
In the end- changing my eating habit's has grown it and very rapidly.

I was 95 lbs. at 34-35 years old and was never heavier than that until 39- now at 115 and 5'4"- I gained weight and have awesome growth though it's fine.
Sooo....honestly watch what you put in your body it's more important than what you put on your hair.

ravenheather
May 9th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Honestly...what will grow your hair is being healthy.

I had no growth for 4 years- I tried the Monistat and Vitamins and everything else to grow hair.
In the end- changing my eating habit's has grown it and very rapidly.

I was 95 lbs. at 34-35 years old and was never heavier than that until 39- now at 115 and 5'4"- I gained weight and have awesome growth though it's fine.
Sooo....honestly watch what you put in your body it's more important than what you put on your hair.

I would agree that nutrition and a healthy weight is more of a factor than a topical. But I already eat pretty healthy. I'm definitely in the healthy weight range, so here's to hoping mn will boost my growth rate.

Also I was on another thread discussing average terminal lengths of hair. Someone was saying theoretically it would be 36 inches (6 inches per year for 6 years, on average). I wonder if mn would extend the terminal length since the hair grows faster or if it just helps hair reach it's predetermined length more quickly? I guess the real question is your hair's growth phase determined by length or time?

Five of Five
May 9th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I have been using Daktarin 2% undiluted every other day since February.

The only difference I noticed was more shedding (although this toned down significantly after a month or two) and less itchies than usual. I am fairly certain my growth rate remained at my usual 1/2 inch a month. If anything, I probably lost thickness as my hair barely shed at all before I started using it. It may be the case that the shed hairs have been replaced by baby hairs, but my hair is so fine that it is impossible to tell.

Castor oil did not work for me either, although it did not cause shedding and gave a nice shine. My hair seems to hate being told what to do, so I think I'll stick with benign neglect from now on. It was certainly fun experimenting, though :p.

Danni5173
May 9th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Growing hair, nails, good skin, etc..it's inside out. Monistat probably serves the same function as Nizoral. However there are no studies on Monistat and plenty on Nizoral. Unless your head has a fungal condition it won't work. It's just science.

Danni5173
May 9th, 2012, 08:43 PM
I have been using Daktarin 2% undiluted every other day since February.

The only difference I noticed was more shedding (although this toned down significantly after a month or two) and less itchies than usual. I am fairly certain my growth rate remained at my usual 1/2 inch a month. If anything, I probably lost thickness as my hair barely shed at all before I started using it. It may be the case that the shed hairs have been replaced by baby hairs, but my hair is so fine that it is impossible to tell.

Castor oil did not work for me either, although it did not cause shedding and gave a nice shine. My hair seems to hate being told what to do, so I think I'll stick with benign neglect from
now on. It was certainly fun experimenting, though :p.

Benign neglect and silicones...I know they are evil. If your shedding though it will help.

Five of Five
May 9th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Benign neglect and silicones...I know they are evil. If your shedding though it will help.

Quite true. I've just reintroduced silicones after a no-cone experiment. They help so much with tangles that I'm sure it reduces shedding just by not having to handle your hair so much!

For me, I don't see experiments such as Daktarin which don't work (for me personally) as a failure. It just gives you more knowledge and intuition as to the things that work for you in the long run ;).

gogirlanime
May 10th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Growing hair, nails, good skin, etc..it's inside out. Monistat probably serves the same function as Nizoral. However there are no studies on Monistat and plenty on Nizoral. Unless your head has a fungal condition it won't work. It's just science.

And that's why there is 357 pages here of people raving that it does increase the growth rate for them... :rolleyes: It might not work for everyone but at least 90% of people who try it says it does something. Growing hair is mostly inside out, although there are topical things that do help.

Pecheresse
May 10th, 2012, 04:18 PM
My worries are mostly about 20 years from now.

RedRendezvous
May 10th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Weird... so I was bummed about my 1/2" growth last month. In the last 4-5 days I've had a growth spurt of 1/4". I just don't get it... I guess month 3 of using Monistat is off to a really great start.

I don't really worry about the long term effects. I guess no one knows what will happen 20 years from now, but a number of women on here have been using it for a couple of years without any ill effects.

GenLove86
May 11th, 2012, 09:44 AM
So I tried monistate 2% diluted with castor oil last night. My head did feel weird but I had no headache. This morning my head feels different. I don't know how to describe it... maybe not tight. Usually when I wear my hair up all night, my head feels tight. Odd but hopefully I'll see some hair growth within the next few weeks!

gogirlanime
May 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I grew one inch this month!! I went from 17.5 inches to 18.5 :cheese:

CHEAP MONISTAT!! (U.S.A)
at weusecoupons.com one of the posters posted previews for Rite Aid from 5/13-5/19 all Monistat 1,3, or 7 day treatments are $4!!!

Ephemeral
May 11th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I just looked at the Rite Aid ad - it's actually $4.00 off the original price if you have their coupon from the weekly circular.

millyaulait
May 11th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I wish I could get your growth, gogirlanime! Congrats!

I hope in two weeks I'll have measured up another .5", it would be my first 1" month! :)

Ephemeral
May 11th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Here's a link to printable Monistat coupons - $3.00 off 1 or 3 day treatments and $2.00 off 7 day treatment. (Just in case you can't get to Rite Aid or don't have their $4.00 off coupon)

http://www.monistat.com/coupon-mainpage

Silverbrumby
May 20th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Eight weeks in and just over 1/2 an inch of growth. Maybe I grow slower than 1/2 an inch a month but I don't think so. So far the growth rate hasn't changed. The shedding was down but went though a small mini shed last week which appears to be over. I didn't wash my hair frequently enough that week and I've noticed my scalp doesn't like that.

The hair seems to be marginally thicker at the root and going out to 1 inch since I started. Will keep an eye on that as I was hoping for thicker strands.

Sammie_holms
May 21st, 2012, 10:42 AM
I fell off of this band wagon and started onto something else...I am such a product junkie.....Not to hijack this thread, But I have found something that is working for me. A little expensive but there is a guarantee.
Eqyss is the company. Yes for the Equine, but this is for human use. Smells wonderful. Kinda like Pina colada~.
Megatek rebuilder can be bought cheaper if you buy it from an Equine groomer. But you can get the same results using either one. The Human line is called Ovation. It is the Cell Therapy that is what is giving me a boost in hair growth. I usually only get 1/2 inch per month and I have gotten 1 inch last month and I am hoping to keep up the pace for as long as I can grow.

HHG'S

Do you apply this as a deep conditioner or as a regular conditioner?

Silverbrumby
May 27th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Cut my hair back to 23 inches on 3/27. Using Monistat two weeks before that.

As of 5/29/12 My hair is now 23.75. 9 weeks and only .75 inches growth. It appears my hair grows (at the moment) at about 1/2 an inch every 5 weeks. That's below average but I'm happy to have some sort of indication as to why growing it long seems to be taking forever.

From January to March I had cut off a total of 5 inches so at this rate of growth it will take a good year to get that back and that's without trimming.

Will keep using the monistat.

millyaulait
May 28th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Just reporting in that Monistat did nothing for me... :(

Still growing at a steady 1/2" p/m.

I'm going to try Castor Oil this month, I hope it works!

leilasahhar
May 28th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Ive been using Monistat on my front hairline and have seen new growth there. As far as the rest of my scalp Im only using a mist I bought that nourishes my roots. I am getting amazing growth right now. I dont know if its from my products/routines or just a growth spurt but Ive never had crazy growth like this. Im loving it! Mist is from www.Redwood-Roots.com/ I use Fenugreek on my ends as a conditioning treatment/ and shampoo with shikakai and aritha powders. Wow! what a difference i've seen in my hair since using these :)

LadyHazel
June 15th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I am really scared that this will increase my shedding as I have just come off of birth control which has made shedding worse and now my hair is significantly thinner, I have read through most of this thread and I must say there are a lot of people noting decreased shedding, will this increase or decrease my shedding as the mixed views are leaving me skeptic. I don't know whether to try this or not, or whether it is very safe as something that causes headaches isn't usually safe and I'm scared of my hair falling out : /

ravenheather
June 15th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I am really scared that this will increase my shedding as I have just come off of birth control which has made shedding worse and now my hair is significantly thinner, I have read through most of this thread and I must say there are a lot of people noting decreased shedding, will this increase or decrease my shedding as the mixed views are leaving me skeptic. I don't know whether to try this or not, or whether it is very safe as something that causes headaches isn't usually safe and I'm scared of my hair falling out : /

This is a case of ymmv. All we can do is give our experience. Only you can decide if this is right for you. On my part I've had decreased shedding (also taking MSM) and no headache at all. An increase of growth from 1/4 - 1/2" per month to 3/4" per month.

bunzfan
June 15th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Just a thought ladies i have used mn on and off for about two years but, when i stopped last month i shed a lot for me for nearly a month it wasn't till recently i thought this could be why. Of course it could just of been a seasonal thing. Loads of hairs were coming out when i brushed my hair and i totally blocked the shower drain to but thankfully its gone back to normal and now i'm hardly shedding anything :D

Pecheresse
June 16th, 2012, 02:15 AM
That's precisely one of the reason why I decided to drop the Monistat/daktarin use. Everything was fine but it "didn't feel" natural, some of my hair was getting thick and curly, like afro hair a bit, and I had the feeling it was chemical and probably had some long lasting effects we know nothing about. Know the saying if it's too good to be true...

I'm just playing it safe though. Good luck with your growth's. :)

bubastis
June 18th, 2012, 07:23 AM
I've started daktarin a week ago to try and fill in some thinning parts along the hairline. I've applied it twice so far (slightly diluted) and co washed out again the next morning. I'd like to leave it in for longer as it doesnt seem to make my hair all that greasy...however,I also use minoxidil. Anyone know if you can use them both at the same time? or would it be better to just use the daktarin twice a week before washing and skip the minox that night?

Tawnylioness
June 18th, 2012, 05:53 PM
hi there, im sorry if this has been asked beofre, but this mammoth thread is 350 pages long :o

how does daktarin fair with men losing hair due to male pattern loss?

if you stop using daktarin does the hair you grew fall out?

thanks ^^

firevegan
June 20th, 2012, 12:00 AM
I'm about to try miconazole nitrate from walmart. It has mineral oil in it though... Should I be afraid of other things besides headaches? This treatment can't cause blindness or deafness can it? I heard it made one girls ears ring and that's creepy to me.

firevegan
June 20th, 2012, 12:02 AM
bunzfan - You say you've been using it for 2 years.. How many inches of growth do you usually get per month and what is your mixture? And last question; any symptoms?

Ambystoma
June 20th, 2012, 01:34 AM
I used to get 1 inch per month back before I had my bleach disaster that cost me nearly all my length, and I have had much slower growth and scalp issues ever since then. I started using Daktarin diluted with a little water and massaged into my scalp every 3 days 20 days ago, and I've had an inch already! My scalp is feeling a lot healthier too, but whether that's just from the miconazole or from my improved LHC care routine is hard to know. I get a very mild headache an hour or so after applying, but on a scale of 1 - 10 I wouldn't even rate it. I hope this keeps up, 1 1/2 in per month long term would be pretty awesome - I'd make classic in less than a year without trims!

bunzfan
June 20th, 2012, 03:29 AM
bunzfan - You say you've been using it for 2 years.. How many inches of growth do you usually get per month and what is your mixture? And last question; any symptoms?

I think i was possibly getting a inch a month i was using a diluted formula mixed with just water and i applied it 2-4 times a week and didn't wash it out i just left it on. I would also do it for 2 months or so and then have a break, i had no headaches but when i sopped this time i did shed a lot! i'm doing whey shakes now a lot less effort and i get super growth:cool:

afu
June 22nd, 2012, 06:40 PM
Thanks to the LHC I've managed to get my hair in a happy condition once more (after all the bleach and heat i didn't think it could be possible), CO has worked wonders as has oiling and ive learnt lots of new updos and gained quite a few hair toys. So of course now ive gotten a little bored and want a new hair challenge - think i'll be off into town tomorrow in search of some Daktarin!

p.s. I gather people apply this to the scalp and then just leave it there overnight/few days? and is it ok to CO it out or is shampoo required?

Silverbrumby
June 22nd, 2012, 08:49 PM
I'm going to stick to monistat for now but I'm really starting to lean towards whey. I can't wait to see if it helps my growth rate. Started it two weeks ago.

christyrose
June 24th, 2012, 12:40 AM
In 4 days of using monistat twice my hair grew 1/4 to possibly half an inch. I say 1/4 because its the conservative number. My husband told me today that my hair did look longer and I thought he was joking until I compared it to where it was before. I am so trilled. Going to do every other day, and see if this continues. I used Monistat 3 the 4% brand name because I wanted to see if this works, if it does work for me I will go to the 2 percent eventually for cost!!

afu
June 24th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Thats great news christyrose :) were you applying the cream straight neat or diluting in water/oil? Can't wait to get some Daktarin and see if it does anything for me

mojavewolf1
June 24th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I'm still on this wagon as it did a great job with filling in a patch. So now I'm using it on the whole scalp. I haven't measured in a while but the shedding is down significantly and the ponytail diameter is thickening.

I've been using the Family Dollar brand.
What are you using?? Looks like peeps on here are talking about several products...and you buy it at the dollar store? I am very interested in faster growth...So anyone that can help ..Please!! asap...Just came back here after being gone for sometime....so I am like a newbie again!

mojavewolf1
June 24th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Thats great news christyrose :) were you applying the cream straight neat or diluting in water/oil? Can't wait to get some Daktarin and see if it does anything for me
What is Daktarin and where do you buy it??

mojavewolf1
June 24th, 2012, 08:17 PM

I was using 4% during my trial with MN. I don't know how much of a difference there is between 2% and 4% since all I used was 4% throughout. I would imagine the end result is the same, but it may differ in the amount of time it takes effect. I noticed results within 1-2 weeks.

Edited to Add:

See the old archived MN thread here (http://boardreader.com/t/Mane_Board_13475/Using_Monistat_Holy_Moly_growth_so_fast_68526.html ), via Boarder Reader.Where do I buy this ? How do I mix an apply..You all are making this sound like a miracle growth spurt med for your hair..So Im excited!How much does this cost..Why would it cause headaches?

afu
June 25th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Daktarin in the UK version of monistat (well, daktarin is to treat athletes foot but has the same active ingredient) you should be able to get it from any supermarket or pharmacy

firevegan
June 25th, 2012, 05:05 PM
GUYS! I GOT ALMOST HALF AN INCH IN 3 DAYS OF USING MONISTAT! *excited*

afu
June 25th, 2012, 05:17 PM
GUYS! I GOT ALMOST HALF AN INCH IN 3 DAYS OF USING MONISTAT! *excited*

What method did you use firevegan? and does the new hair seem strong? I tried to get some Daktarin today but Co-op only had the spray version

afu
June 26th, 2012, 06:09 PM
finally got hold of some today (most places only seem to have the extra strong daktarin that has a different active ingredient or the spray). Applied it for the first time tonight, I used about an inch of the cream diluted in about 2tbs of water and applied it with a toothbrush! No sideffects so far (i.e. no headache). How long did it take before it started working for people - from the first application?

I have bleach highlights with visable roots so i'm measuring my roots rather than overall length as i think it will be more reliable. i've also concentrated my application on my nape area as my hair is very thin there

firevegan
June 27th, 2012, 04:15 AM
I just diluted it with water and massaged it into my scalp. I think I used a lot more than an inch, maybe 3-4 inches. I hope that isn't bad. I definitely notice growth every time I use it. I have so much new growth, I don't know what to do with it all. And the new growth is just as strong as the rest of the hair. I'm sort of afraid to use it again. That was kinda scary. It just popped out of my scalp in 3 days.

Hmm. A toothbrush? I know a woman via youtube who uses a toothbrush to scrub coconut oil mixed with cayenne pepper into her scalp every single night and she gets so much growth it's also kinda scary.

Now tell me what sounds LESS scary? Using a nitrate, on your head, or using a pepper and some coconut oil?

Definition of nitrate:

Chemistry . a salt or ester of nitric acid, or any compound containing the univalent group –ONO 2 or NO 3 .

fertilizer consisting of potassium nitrate or sodium nitrate.

cellulose nitrate, a substance used as a film base in the early days of filmmaking.

Informal . nitrate film.

-DICTIONARY.COM

"sodium nitrate acts as a meat preservative because it's a strong oxidizing agent. This means it has the ability to take electrons out of chemical bonds, which destroys bacterial components such as genetic material."

The nitrosamines are carcinogenic, notes a publication by the Linus Pauling Institute, which means they have the ability to cause cancer.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/295412-sodium-nitrate-cancer/#ixzz1yyz4nWeG

NOW HOLD ON A SECOND, HERE IS THE TRICKY PART.

I've done my research and miconazole has been proven affective on cancer patients and to cure cancer tumors. In fact miconazole is the antifungal agent in this cream we are using.

Here is the question? Is it the nitrates oxidizing our scalps that helps our hair grow OR is it the miconazole that is killing the fungi?

Cayenne pepper does both of those things. hmmm.. Your thoughts?

afu
June 27th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Here is the question? Is it the nitrates oxidizing our scalps that helps our hair grow OR is it the miconazole that is killing the fungi?

Cayenne pepper does both of those things. hmmm.. Your thoughts?

From what i've read it is a combination of both of these things, which is why is also works on people who don't really have any scalp issues as well as those who do. Might sound weird but the MN sound smore appealing to be than the pepper, just because the pepper is likely to affect my hair colour. Also isn't coconut oil well known for easily clogging skin pores (hence it often makes people break out), im not sure I want to risk blocking my scalp pores which could cause excessive shedding

giovanna93
June 27th, 2012, 07:44 AM
afu, what Daktarin is it you use? I can find the dual action cream at 2% strength in Tesco. However, in Boots there are 4 different types so I don't really know what one would be best. If you could help it would be great :)

afu
June 27th, 2012, 07:52 AM
afu, what Daktarin is it you use? I can find the dual action cream at 2% strength in Tesco. However, in Boots there are 4 different types so I don't really know what one would be best. If you could help it would be great :)

I use the one called 'Daktarin activ cream' it is 2% strength and designed for althletes foot. Make sure you buy the one which containes miconazole nitrate as some othe the Daktarin creams have different active ingredients

giovanna93
June 27th, 2012, 08:00 AM
thank you :)

Leucothea
June 27th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Hmmm... started applying daily Monday, no headaches or bad effects so far. I'm also taking Folic acid, praying for an inch a month, that would take me to my goal in exactly one year!

Wish me luck

giovanna93
June 27th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I went and bought a couple of 15g tubes , can't wait to start using it :D

Also my dad wants to start using it too lol

RileyJane
June 27th, 2012, 12:38 PM
hmmm. makes me want to try it for a month or 2 and see what happens.... do you leave it on until your next wash?

Navi
June 27th, 2012, 08:20 PM
OK, I've skim-read through this thread, overcome my initial skepticism, and am giving this a go.:)

I've got myself some Daktarin 2% lotion "suitable for application to sensitive areas" apparently, and for two nights this week I've applied it undiluted to some thin spots along my front hairline...

I'm going to apply it several times a week for 1 month to see if it fills in those spots - that's what I'm primarily concerned about. It would be great if it thickens up my front hairline. If it does then I might start applying it to the rest of my scalp for an increase in the growth-rate.

Only side-effect I noticed was a mild degree of insomnia the two nights I had it on - meaning that I woke up about 2am and was wide awake for about 2 hours, then dropped off to sleep again. I'm pretty insomnia-prone, but has anyone else experienced this as a side-effect?

My theory is that it might increase blood-flow to the areas of the scalp that you apply it to, so maybe I was aware of that as an unusual sensation and it woke me up :confused: Anyway I'm still going to use it for a month to see what happens.

I'll post in this thread if I notice any babyhairs coming through. Hopefully I do!

momoftwo708
June 27th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I am new here, and have no idea how to start a new thread, but i got some cream today. My hair was so long for 3 years wsl I never took care of it which i regret, no trims, always coloring my hair, my wedding is in 3 months and Now i am about apl and between bsl My hair is all even I actually cut ita last month and it looks so healthy, and now it doesnt so I am not sure what is going on, my layers r really short and I just want to cry. My wedding is in september and i am just depressed

firevegan
June 28th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Well I've always always heard about nitrates causing cancer. Kinda scary. Oh well.

I'm mixing red pepper, water, and MN

afu
June 28th, 2012, 03:05 AM
OK, I've skim-read through this thread, overcome my initial skepticism, and am giving this a go.:)

I've got myself some Daktarin 2% lotion "suitable for application to sensitive areas" apparently, and for two nights this week I've applied it undiluted to some thin spots along my front hairline...

I'm going to apply it several times a week for 1 month to see if it fills in those spots - that's what I'm primarily concerned about. It would be great if it thickens up my front hairline. If it does then I might start applying it to the rest of my scalp for an increase in the growth-rate.

Only side-effect I noticed was a mild degree of insomnia the two nights I had it on - meaning that I woke up about 2am and was wide awake for about 2 hours, then dropped off to sleep again. I'm pretty insomnia-prone, but has anyone else experienced this as a side-effect?

My theory is that it might increase blood-flow to the areas of the scalp that you apply it to, so maybe I was aware of that as an unusual sensation and it woke me up :confused: Anyway I'm still going to use it for a month to see what happens.

I'll post in this thread if I notice any babyhairs coming through. Hopefully I do!

Thats strange, ive suffered from insomni for the past year but got the best nights sleep in a long time after applying last night!

riceball
June 28th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Well I've always always heard about nitrates causing cancer. Kinda scary. Oh well.

I'm mixing red pepper, water, and MN

It's true. Nitrates and nitrites DO cause cancer. If ingested. They are used in sausages (and probably other foods) to prevent the bacteria that causes botulism from growing.

I wouldn't worry too much about using anything with nitrates/nitrites topically. Just don't eat it!!!

firevegan
June 29th, 2012, 02:25 AM
So I'm safe even if my scalp is absorbing it? And does it really make peoples ears ring?

mojavewolf1
June 29th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I am going to start this either today or Sunday....I will most likely put it on in the evening and go to bed...Should I wash my hair out in the morning?

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/Women/th_hairsitepics009-1.jpg (http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/Women/?action=view&current=hairsitepics009-1.jpg)

annah
June 29th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Hi guys. Joining in to see if it does anything for me. Did my first application 2 days ago. I just measured my hair growth last week, so I should be able to see if anything changes. How long of using did it take to see improvement?

Navi
June 29th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Thats strange, ive suffered from insomni for the past year but got the best nights sleep in a long time after applying last night!

I've applied it three nights this week so far, actually on the third night I slept fine, so hopefully my scalp is used to it now!:)

mojavewolf1
June 29th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Any Headaches? I dont understand how it can give you headaches!

plainjanegirl
June 30th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I have been reading about how this can not only help with hair growth but also with scalp issues like flakes. What do I need to look for when buying the monistat? Is there a certain ingredient or percentage of something that I need to make sure it has ? Are there any other things similar to monistat that I could buy with the same ingredient ?

Pecheresse
July 1st, 2012, 07:26 AM
Looks like I couldn't stay away from this evil cream!:lipssealed:

Earlier this morning, I have diluted an inch of monistat in warm water + avocado oil & applied it on my roots.

There's a slight headache but nothing bad at all. It's already going away.

I am not going to do it regularly (specially with the summer heat and all) so I'll do it when I feel like it and see if it's still growing faster than it would without MN.

Balance = key

mojavewolf1
July 1st, 2012, 10:46 AM
Okay I am going to start this monistat thing tonight before I go to bed...My hair needs to be washed,so I am going to wash it today....Now my question is: If I apply tonight and go to bed with it on my scalp,do I wash my hair in the morning??
If that is the case I will wait until then to wash my hair instead of before I apply.. Please someone let me know...Thanks!!! This will be for 3 times a weeks for a month to see if it works for me...Then I will post pics of before and after and let the forum see...I am hoping I am one it works for (fingers crossed)

mojavewolf1
July 1st, 2012, 10:49 AM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/Women/th_hairsitepics009-1.jpg (http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/Women/?action=view&current=hairsitepics009-1.jpg)This is my hair now.

Bunnysaur
July 2nd, 2012, 01:11 PM
I'm thinking about starting to use monistat on my head, but I'm not sure I want to apply straight monistat. I was thinking about adding some to the oil mix I use after washing, do you think this might help growth? Obviously it wouldn't be the same as straight monistat, but it might help.

Veaslea93
July 2nd, 2012, 01:43 PM
I really want to try this but does anyone know what the UK version of this would be??

afu
July 2nd, 2012, 05:56 PM
I really want to try this but does anyone know what the UK version of this would be??

It's called Daktarin and sold as an athletes foot treatment

Long_hair_bear
July 2nd, 2012, 09:26 PM
I'm thinking about starting to use monistat on my head, but I'm not sure I want to apply straight monistat. I was thinking about adding some to the oil mix I use after washing, do you think this might help growth? Obviously it wouldn't be the same as straight monistat, but it might help.

I don't know about oil, but I used a 1 inch strip with 3 tbsp of water, mixed it, then rubbed that into my scalp. It did the trick. :D

Bunnysaur
July 2nd, 2012, 09:28 PM
I don't know about oil, but I used a 1 inch strip with 3 tbsp of water, mixed it, then rubbed that into my scalp. It did the trick. :D

I added it to my oil, but mostly because I'm lazy and don't want to apply multiple things to my scalp :p

I see everyone saying they use a "X inch strip." What's the approximate diameter of these strips? My tube dispenses fairly thin (~8mm diameter) strips. Is this normal?

Long_hair_bear
July 2nd, 2012, 09:30 PM
I added it to my oil, but mostly because I'm lazy and don't want to apply multiple things to my scalp :p

I see everyone saying they use a "X inch strip." What's the approximate diameter of these strips? My tube dispenses fairly thin (~8mm diameter) strips. Is this normal?

Mines thin. :confused:

Bunnysaur
July 2nd, 2012, 09:34 PM
Mines thin. :confused:

Yay! Maybe I overestimated the size of mine, but it's pretty thin too. :)

Veaslea93
July 3rd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Got it today! Can't wait to try it tonight!

Bunnysaur
July 3rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
Long hair bear, how much growth do you get using your monistat and water method?

Xxanderia
July 3rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
I just got a tube today and am planning on starting it tonight. I wonder how long it's ok to leave it in for? And also do you think it's safe to do one treatment on top of another without washing?

plainjanegirl
July 5th, 2012, 10:27 AM
I just got a tube today and am planning on starting it tonight. I wonder how long it's ok to leave it in for? And also do you think it's safe to do one treatment on top of another without washing?

I was wondering the same thing. How long can you leave it in before washing it out ?

afu
July 5th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I was wondering the same thing. How long can you leave it in before washing it out ?

I read somewhere that it can remain active for upto 72hrs, but it shouldn't do any harm leaving it on if you stretch washes further normally

mojavewolf1
July 5th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I just started a Thread based on my experiment with Monistat...I just started using it last Sunday ,last night I applied my second application...The first day I mixed with warm water in a application bottle..
But yesterday I applied straight from the tube..I am doing this 3 times a week and posting as I move along..
I am going to the end of July and see what I get ...So far I have only had a little itchiness on my scalp nothing that really bothers me..
Hope it stays that way..
!!!!

Sassy9226
July 7th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Ok, so I did my first application last night, luckily I didn't get a head ache.

But I have a question, I dyed my hair with a semi-perminant dye two days ago, and I woke up this morning and it looks like I have roots?
Does anybody know if monistat can strip hair dye??

afu
July 7th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Ok, so I did my first application last night, luckily I didn't get a head ache.

But I have a question, I dyed my hair with a semi-perminant dye two days ago, and I woke up this morning and it looks like I have roots?
Does anybody know if monistat can strip hair dye??

im not sure but maybe do a strand test, apply monistat to some shed hairs and see what happens

lundmir
July 7th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I have never had issues with monistat stripping hair color, and I color mine a lot. Could it be an overnight growth spurt?

Sassy9226
July 8th, 2012, 03:05 AM
I hope it was. I do tend to get a nice growth spurt this time of year.

Arrow
July 8th, 2012, 04:51 AM
OK, I want to try it and have a tube of Daktarin ready to go. It looks like a small tube. How do you apply the stuff? I have three options, it seems

1) directly from the tube
What do you do here? Put some on your fingers and massage it into your scalp? How much?

2) Dilute with water and apply using a hairdye bottle
Again, mix how much cream with how much water?

3) Dilute with water and apply using a spray bottle
Same question. How much do you dilute it by?

bunzfan
July 8th, 2012, 06:34 AM
OK, I want to try it and have a tube of Daktarin ready to go. It looks like a small tube. How do you apply the stuff? I have three options, it seems

1) directly from the tube
What do you do here? Put some on your fingers and massage it into your scalp? How much?

2) Dilute with water and apply using a hairdye bottle
Again, mix how much cream with how much water?

3) Dilute with water and apply using a spray bottle
Same question. How much do you dilute it by?

Hi Arrow i have used Daktarin successfully on and off for nearly 2 years. This is what i do. I put warn water in a bowl that you can mix it, then add a strip of Daktarin then i mix it as well as possible so there are no lumps then i put it in the dye bottle . For info a full dye bottle of this stuff last me 2 weeks if i apply 2-3 times a week i don't wash it out till the next wash day it stays active on your hair for up to 72 hours .

RileyJane
July 10th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I have read a lot of pages on here, and I've only noticed a couple people mention what their techniques is. My question to anyone using monistat is this:

Do you leave it on ur scalp only overnight, or leave it on for a day or 2 before washing it out?
is it diluted, full strength or not?
And how many times a week do u use it, and do u give ur scalp a day or 2 break?

Silverbrumby
July 10th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Wash day I apply straight from tube, about 1/2 inch on tips of fingers, dab & work through a section, repeat until most of scalp is covered. The water mixing method left me with a bit of frizz. My hair loves to frizz.

I leave it on scalp till next wash day which is 2 or 3 days.

No side effects.

Scalp is less sore at wash day. Before, if I stretched my washes I got a very sore scalp in places and a LOT of shedding. The monistat has helped here with the shedding.

STARTED the monistat experiment March 1st 2012.

GROWTH -

3/1/12, 23 inches
7/9/12, 25 inches
Ponytail circ. 2.75 (unchanged)

Leucothea
July 10th, 2012, 09:37 PM
So I have been using Monistat for two weeks and one day, while I have not measured, I can say for sure that my bangs grew like weeds, I had to lop off quite a bit of them Sunday, and my hair -feels- longer.
Also my hair feels thicker, I have noticed less shedding, and my nails have grown very quickly. Which is very exciting to me :)

It may be a placebo affect, but I am really hoping that my hair is growing!

Fethenwen
July 11th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Ok, I'm going to try this :p

On my bangs, which are getting a little thinner every year and my boyfriends hair which is also getting thinner. I think this would benefit his hair greatly, he has some problems with his scalp. Now after the first application two days ago he has zero dandruff and his hair smells better.

So far so good!

missdelarocha
July 11th, 2012, 06:49 AM
There are no hard and fast rules, this is not tested enough in a technical way to know exactly how much, how many days etc etc.

I do what JoJo does, I wash my hair, loosen it up with my fingers so it isn't stuck flat to my scalp then squeeze out a thin quick strip of maybe 2 inches and then swipe it a bit at a time on my fingertips and rub it onto my scalp in sections, once you get used to it you can tell where there is Monistat and there isn't.

I leave it until my next wash and at the moment don't apply anymore in between.

It leaves no colour, greasiness or stain/lightening for me.

P.S, I wasn't using Monistat when we were in the process of moving house, possibly two months and didn't notice a change such as a huge shed or anything.
My hair seems like it hasn't grown much and it has been 4 months since my last progress pic, can you believe it :p, I need to do another. I just started up Monistat again last week.

Humbug454
July 13th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Would anyone be able to offer any advice on using Daktarin (the UK equivalent)?

Seems it only comes in 2% rather than Monistat which is 4%. Will this make a difference?

Also - does anyone know where to order some online? Seems like there are a few different types of Daktarin so want to be sure I get the right one!

afu
July 13th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Would anyone be able to offer any advice on using Daktarin (the UK equivalent)?

Seems it only comes in 2% rather than Monistat which is 4%. Will this make a difference?

Also - does anyone know where to order some online? Seems like there are a few different types of Daktarin so want to be sure I get the right one!

I use Daktarin, 2% is fine to use. I buy the one that says it is for athletes foot, it's called daktarin activ cream. Just make sure you get the one with miconozole nitrate, they sell one with a different active ingredient too. I bought mine from a highstreet Lloyds pharmacy

Humbug454
July 13th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I use Daktarin, 2% is fine to use. I buy the one that says it is for athletes foot, it's called daktarin activ cream. Just make sure you get the one with miconozole nitrate, they sell one with a different active ingredient too. I bought mine from a highstreet Lloyds pharmacy

Thanks Afu - just bought the 2% stuff from Lloyds. Going to start the experiment on Monday :)

Navi
July 15th, 2012, 12:30 AM
I've been using the Daktarin 2% for two weeks now, applying undiluted to a patch in my front hairline several times a week before bed and leaving it on overnight.

The results are somewhat underwhelming.... there are maybe 4 or 5 little new hairs that have appeared in the area where I have applied it, but the rate of growth is completely unchanged. :(

And I can't be sure whether those few new hairs are due to the Daktarin or are due to something else, like using a gentler shampoo (which I have been doing for about 4 months now).

I'm still going to keep using the Daktarin for another month or so because I bought an entire tube, so I may as well use it and see if it does make any noticable difference.

Kinda disappointed though.

millyaulait
July 15th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I used this for a month or two before I ran out.

I forgot to measure my hair at the time but it did give me little zits on my scalp.. :\

I *was* stretching my washes an awful lot so that probably contributed to it.

I just picked up another tube & I'll be starting up again next week since I'm not stretching washes anymore. :)

afu
July 15th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I used this for a month or two before I ran out.

I forgot to measure my hair at the time but it did give me little zits on my scalp.. :\

I *was* stretching my washes an awful lot so that probably contributed to it.

I just picked up another tube & I'll be starting up again next week since I'm not stretching washes anymore. :)

I experienced that too when i was washing every 3-3 days and applying daktarin a few times a week for 2 weeks, as soon as i stopped my scalp was fine again. I'm going to try it again this week so we'll see if the same happens

firegypsy
July 15th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I'm going to try. I tend to not go for the quick fixes or hair growth remedies. BUT I do have plaque psorasis on my scalp and in the past it has responded well to tea tree oil which is an antifungal.

I have lost a ton of hair and it's not growing back (it's been almost 10 years.) I'm also a slow grower. If I thicken or grow faster it will be a huge bonus! But I'm really hoping it helps the itching.

I got an applicator bottle in case I need it. I'm going to go read through now the thread now, but if anyone has time...are there any tips? I'll pick up monistat tomorrow. Are there different strengths? Thank you!

Silverbrumby
July 17th, 2012, 02:54 AM
I'm going to try. I tend to not go for the quick fixes or hair growth remedies. BUT I do have plaque psorasis on my scalp and in the past it has responded well to tea tree oil which is an antifungal.

I have lost a ton of hair and it's not growing back (it's been almost 10 years.) I'm also a slow grower. If I thicken or grow faster it will be a huge bonus! But I'm really hoping it helps the itching.

I got an applicator bottle in case I need it. I'm going to go read through now the thread now, but if anyone has time...are there any tips? I'll pick up monistat tomorrow. Are there different strengths? Thank you!

I shower then squeeze out a 1/2 inch piece or larger, dab a bit on the finger tips and start working through my scalp a section at a time. I wash every 2 to 3 days so most of the scalp gets covered.

It's never greasy and my scalp is feeling better. It's also a potential DHT inhibitor which is a good thing for some and me especially. I've noticed a filling in at the hairline in the front and I think, thicker individual strands. That took about 3+ months to show.

For slow growing hair I'd try
* monistat
* whey protein powder with milk
* biotin
* MSM

That's my current list of things.

Monistat since March '12 with 1/2 growth per month on average
Whey June '12 - big jump in hair growth since i started this. I do tend to run low in protein.
Biotin Feb '11- great nails for the first time in my life, Think it helped fill in my hair to
*MSM July '12 - no idea if it's helping but I think my shedding is decreasing since I started it 3 weeks ago. I need to keep a count and compare it to before.

bekstamonkey
July 17th, 2012, 04:46 AM
I've been growing about two years, and something really interesting that I've noticed involves an anti-fungal with my hair growing like crazy, but it's not a cream. I use my own homemade shampoo bars, followed by a 6-1 diluted ACV rinse. Every few months or so, I'll take a couple weeks or so off the 'poo bar regime and wash with just some regular shampoo/conditioner (I find my hair complains with too much 'poo bar and goes dry lol)...BUT...while I'm doing the 'poo bar and ACV regime, my hair grows at an astonishing rate...seriously...like even other people notice how fast my hair seems to erupt from my scalp hahah! Thinking about it now, after reading some of this stuff in this thread, it may make sense, as vinegar is a natural antifungal (as is the Lavender EO that I add a little to the ACV dilution)...now I understand why it grows sooo fast while I'm using the 'poo bars and slows right down again when I'm using regular shampoo! *brain wave*! :D

firegypsy
July 17th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I shower then squeeze out a 1/2 inch piece or larger, dab a bit on the finger tips and start working through my scalp a section at a time. I wash every 2 to 3 days so most of the scalp gets covered.

It's never greasy and my scalp is feeling better. It's also a potential DHT inhibitor which is a good thing for some and me especially. I've noticed a filling in at the hairline in the front and I think, thicker individual strands. That took about 3+ months to show.

For slow growing hair I'd try
* monistat
* whey protein powder with milk
* biotin
* MSM

That's my current list of things.

Thank you! I take biotin in large amounts for something else, do protein powder almost daily and have for years and ditto MSM-though I lapsed on it for the past few months. I'm kind of hoping that monistat may be a turning point for me!

Veaslea93
July 17th, 2012, 07:15 AM
I've now been using Daktarin 2% for the last two weeks and have gone from 17'' to 18.5'' so thats an inch and a half in two weeks!!!

Humbug454
July 19th, 2012, 05:41 AM
I've now been using Daktarin 2% for the last two weeks and have gone from 17'' to 18.5'' so thats an inch and a half in two weeks!!!

Do you apply it straight from the tube or do you dilute it?

noot
July 19th, 2012, 06:19 AM
I use monistat the same way silverbrumpy does. I squeze 1/2 inch in a hair dye bottle, mix it with very warm water and apply it to my scalp about 3 times a week. I do this night prior to my washing and leave it in all night long. I first noticed my hair loss after going through menopause and ended up going on low does hormone replacement therapy for that and other symptoms. I can gladly say that I now have a "halo" of new growth all over my scalp so I'm not sure if its the monistat, hormones or the DHT blockers that I've also been taking. I take Shen-Min twice a day and am on my 3rd month with no side effects. I also take MSM, vitamin C and a protein drink once a day. I also shampoo 3 times a week with Revita Shampoo for hair loss and have been please with the results of Revita as well. I don't know your age but perhaps you are perimenopausal? Your doctor can do a FSH test to see if that is the cause of your hair loss. Good luck as I know that hair loss can be quite discouraging. Keep us posted on your progress. Your avatar shows a lovely head of hair.

Veaslea93
July 19th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Do you apply it straight from the tube or do you dilute it?

I apply straight from the tube, I just part my hair in sections then dab along the line on the roots all over then after massage it all in and leave it until wash day as it stays active for 72 hours :)

Leucothea
July 19th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Crazy, I had to trim (quite a bit) my bangs again today! Usually I only have to trim once a month-ish, it seems I have to trim once a week now O_o

firegypsy
July 19th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I can't wait to start. I'll be picking some up tomorrow. YAY!

firegypsy
July 22nd, 2012, 08:37 PM
First application tonight. I'm writing this here just so I can track my progress. I did dilute it (1 ounce water: 2 inches of monistat.)

It went on easily. After I applied it I felt a sort of heat-an activation I guess? No headache. I'm planning on doing it 3 times a week.

My hair looks greasy. Not really the scalp, but where it got on the hair, if that makes sense. I'd like to not wash tomorrow and let it keep working since I read it's active for 72 hours....but if it doesn't look better I can't do that. I have to go out to a fairly high end restaurant for lunch tomorrow.

Anyway...I'll be interested to see how this pans out! Hoping for relief of itching first and foremost, but growth is welcome!

akilina
July 22nd, 2012, 08:45 PM
I am sorry to be redundant here. I bet this question is asked A LOT, and I am going thru many many pages of this thread but I am not finding really earth shattering.

I am considering trying this on one patch of my hair where my undercut used to be. I did a little trim on it the other day. Took off hardly any at all and it changed my whole hair cut...for the worse.

I have toyed with monistat before but never really did it consistently enough to see any difference. This chunk of hair desperately needs to grow because I look like a fool.

Anyway-- is there anyone who even really notices a difference? I have read quite a few pages back and it seems that no one really had wonderful amazing growth. :/ At this point I will try anything for that chunk of hair.

Hair dressers should have nice hair with a pleasing haircut, no matter what it is. I feel like I look unprofessional and like a joke.

Silverbrumby
July 23rd, 2012, 01:38 AM
I've been doing monistat since March 2012 alikina and saw no jump in growth. I also very much doubt you could 'spot' grow. Maybe fill in an area around the temples like I did. Monistat did do that nicely.

What helped my hair growth so far I think is whey protein. I guess I wasn't eating enough in my diet (protein) because since I started it I've been growing 3/4 of an inch lately for a month where as before is was barely 1/2 an inch.

BUT that might just be a random growth spurt. I don't know.

akilina
July 23rd, 2012, 02:04 AM
I've been doing monistat since March 2012 alikina and saw no jump in growth. I also very much doubt you could 'spot' grow. Maybe fill in an area around the temples like I did. Monistat did do that nicely.

What helped my hair growth so far I think is whey protein. I guess I wasn't eating enough in my diet (protein) because since I started it I've been growing 3/4 of an inch lately for a month where as before is was barely 1/2 an inch.

BUT that might just be a random growth spurt. I don't know.
Yeah I am almost standoffish. I am going to go to the store tomorrow and try to find 4%. If not...then I guess I will just get over it and go the normal route.
I went thru several pages here and found some photos....a few of them in which the person in the photo SERIOUSLY had their shoulders scrunched up and I could definitely tell, as to make growth look better or something. Not sure what to think. It seems it works great for some, and not great for others. :P

Leucothea
July 23rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
You know I must say one thing, even if monistat is not causing my hair to grow faster it has reduced my hair shedding incredibly, which is wonderful! :D

Also, Silverbrumby, I am a vegetarian (also allergic to nuts and lactose intolerant) I'm scared I'm not eating enough Protein, what supplements have you been taking? I'm very interested to find out! :)

millyaulait
July 28th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Just did my first application! :)

I tried this a few months back but got through a tube & forgot to even measure.... :\

I hope does me good!

mojavewolf1
July 28th, 2012, 03:28 PM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/Animals/NEWPICSHAIRANDRCCAR013.jpg
After monistat for 0ne month ..top two pics bottom pic before...
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/Animals/NEWPICSHAIRANDRCCAR012.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/Women/hairsitepics009.jpg before monistat

ok The end of this month which is in a few days...I have been using monistat 7 I just had my son take my pic..I personally can see no growth...:mad:I DONT THINK IT DID A THING FOR ME.....I am wondering if I should go another month?? any input would be helpful...

am I apl? My color is faded because I didnt want to dye while I was using the monistat..So need to dye hair..

Silverbrumby
July 28th, 2012, 06:23 PM
You know I must say one thing, even if monistat is not causing my hair to grow faster it has reduced my hair shedding incredibly, which is wonderful! :D

Also, Silverbrumby, I am a vegetarian (also allergic to nuts and lactose intolerant) I'm scared I'm not eating enough Protein, what supplements have you been taking? I'm very interested to find out! :)

Whey protein is milk based so not for you. Maybe the soy or rice based protein powers. Eggs are wonderful and if you are worried about cholesterol then do mostly egg white omelet or scrambled eggs with just one yolk.

Supplements are:
Evening primrose oil (years), salmon oil wild caught (years), biotin Feb '11), plant based iron supplements (feb '12) around that time of the month, Vit D (feb '12) but low dose.

Thing's I've heard help with shedding. Not doing CO washes, tea or coffee rinses (staining downside), monistat (March '12), rosemary rinses and a few others. I need to keep my scalp clean for it to be happy. Last week I did a few CO only washes and the shedding went right up for me and the scalp got sore. Sore scalp seems to equal unhappy scalp for me.

I'm going to try upside down scalp massages soon but because of the work involved don't expect to keep it up long

akilina
July 28th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Hopefully someone sees this question...
Can you use the actual monistat kit with the insert thingies *yikes!!* lol.
Do you pop a little hole in them and use them exactly the same as the cream?
I found a 7 day kit that was 4% but was not sure about buying it.
If I am going to do this it will only be with the 4% not the 2%.

I felt awkward enough standing in that isle.

akilina
July 29th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I randomly got lucky!
I just knew that I had a tube of this stuff somewhere....turned out I could not find the tube, but I randomly found one of the oval shaped capsules and inserts. I cut it open and squeezed it into (ANOTHER!) Jar of monistat I mixed up with long ago. Now it looks like I have enough to at least to try this for a month or so :0
I am sort of happy. This way I can experiment, yet not waste 20 dollars. I will only be using it on the front right side of my hair where I am growing out my undercut. It is still at a horrible length and will continue to be until it all blends well and is fully grown in. I expect this naturally to take another year at least. Maybe this will help me speed along :)

mojavewolf1
July 29th, 2012, 08:09 PM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/Women/hairsitepics009.jpg before monistat[
After monistat for 0ne month
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/Animals/NEWPICSHAIRANDRCCAR012.jpg

ok The end of this month which is in a few days...I have been using monistat 7 I just had my son take my pic..I personally can see no growth...:mad:I DONT THINK IT DID A THING FOR ME.....I am wondering if I should go another month?? any input would be helpful...

am I apl? My color is faded because I didnt want to dye while I was using the monistat..So need to dye hair..[/quote]

Well maybe I should try the 4%?

Bunnysaur
July 29th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Well maybe I should try the 4%?

To me it looked like you were APL before. You're an inch or so past it if you ask me.

mojavewolf1
July 29th, 2012, 08:42 PM
So maybe I do not see it? I think I am going to try the 4% My bf came in the bathroom when I was applying the monistat and he freaked out!!!
Told me he has never seen any one use vaginal creme on their head and that it is disqusting!! I told him its on the internet on my hair site..Because he said what idiot told you to do that!!

So maybe I should try for another month??:mad::rolleyes::(:cool:
Thank you for input...Hoping to get more...Im glad you see an inch..I think I was expecting a miracle of long hair over night!! :D

momoftwo708
July 29th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I deff see hair growth

Nymfora
July 29th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I have been using this for a month so far and have seem very nice results. I have a thinning/bald patch on the top very front of my scalp which i thought I'd never be able to fix and since starting the monistat cream it is improving :D

firegypsy
July 29th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I've been using it a week and have results already. I have a feeling that it's all the results I will see, but I'm grateful for them!

No more bumpiness on my head. It didn't help the psoriasis at this point, but it has helped my overall scalp health. And I'm shedding less than half what I was. No headaches, I've been fine.

Bunnysaur
July 29th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I've been using it a week and have results already. I have a feeling that it's all the results I will see, but I'm grateful for them!

No more bumpiness on my head. It didn't help the psoriasis at this point, but it has helped my overall scalp health. And I'm shedding less than half what I was. No headaches, I've been fine.

Slightly OT, but I just discovered that the main culprit in my shedding was definitely conditioner, even cone free.. What sort do you use, if any?

I just did another monistat application, I tried it for a few days a couple weeks ago and I got a little growth spurt, hopefully it'll do it again!

firegypsy
July 29th, 2012, 10:27 PM
I use coney stuff. I did cone free and my shedding nearly doubled. :rolleyes:

I don't think my hair can handle no condish. I've tried out many different things, but poo and conditioner is the best so far.

what are you doing now?

Bunnysaur
July 29th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Shampoo bars and a few drops of argan oil for condish. A lot of the time, if I oil my hair beforehand, I don't even need to bother with the argan.

firegypsy
July 29th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Hmmm. Well, I haven't tried THAT. Interesting.

Bunnysaur
July 29th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Hmmm. Well, I haven't tried THAT. Interesting.

Yeah, my shampoo bars have a lot herbs/oils that are supposed to combat shedding :shrug: It seems to be helping quite a bit, although it'll be awhile until I get back the thickness I've lost.

mojavewolf1
July 30th, 2012, 11:28 AM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/Women/hairsitepics009.jpg before monistat[
After monistat for 0ne month

am I apl? My color is faded because I didnt want to dye while I was using the monistat..So need to dye hair..

Well maybe I should try the 4%?[/quote] Ok I edited it because it was confusing the way I had the pics...Im not good at this..Top pic is before monistat..Bottom is after a month of monistat..Do you still see growth?? any replies will be appreciated on this experiment with monistat...THANKS!!!!! :):horse:

akilina
July 30th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Well maybe I should try the 4%? Ok I edited it because it was confusing the way I had the pics...Im not good at this..Top pic is before monistat..Bottom is after a month of monistat..Do you still see growth?? any replies will be appreciated on this experiment with monistat...THANKS!!!!! :):horse:
I am thinking there might be some growth :] What do your roots say??
The only reason it is hard to me to tell is because of the long sleevees in the other pic. Its hard to tell where your armpit is exactly.

AcornMystic
July 31st, 2012, 08:05 PM
Well maybe I should try the 4%? Ok I edited it because it was confusing the way I had the pics...Im not good at this..Top pic is before monistat..Bottom is after a month of monistat..Do you still see growth?? any replies will be appreciated on this experiment with monistat...THANKS!!!!! :):horse:

Well it`s hard to tell because your first pic looks like it`s being taken from higher up... If they were more close up, more level and with less influence by a breeze I might be able to tell you.

So.. I broke down and I did it... I did my first `cootchie cream` treatment, haha. I had it sitting on my head with a shower cap on (watered it down just a bit too much and couldn`t find an empty hair dye type bottle so i just used like conditioner avoiding putting it on the length of my hair as much as I could. I sat with it on my head looking up on how long I`m supposed to leave it in and I came to the conclusion I`m not supposed to wash it out, but rather let it be on my head. So I waited a little over 2 hours. Just washed it out about 5 minutes ago with shampoo (feel better doing that and it was close enough to wash day anyway) and sitting with my turbi on until it dries more. It def. seem like it`s going to be a bit of trial and error here, but I really hope this works for me. My room-mate and friend said it`s cheating because I`m taking off bacteria that is supposed to be there, but eh, there`s a lot on our body that shouldn`t be but we`re the cause of it being there, so our body can`t function the way it would if it wasn`t there.

Anerways, so, just thought I`d say there`s another on the band wagon *raises hand*. I`ll report my findings in my update shots that I take every 2 months. Here`s to reaching BSL by the end of the year if this really does work, otherwise it`ll just be APL. *crosses fingers*

ETA: I figure I should mention.. I am using Clotrimazole, the `life` brand as it was cheaper than actual monistat. I may get actual monistat next time. We shall see...

ETA2: Oh, it`s also 2%. It`s the only one I could find other than 1%. That may change to 4% if I could only find it... I will keep people updated on that too...

AcornMystic
July 31st, 2012, 08:06 PM
Double Post

Jenny777
July 31st, 2012, 08:43 PM
So I've been reading up on this Monistat for hair growth and keep coming across people recommending using the 4 percent as opposed to the 2 percent but is the 4 only available in a kit, pre-applicators, and the dissolving eggs? I've been trying to find the 4 percent in a tube either the Monistat brand or another brand, even a generic one. I can't find it... only the 2 percent I've seen in the tube. I know many have tried using the 2 percent and have been successful but I want to go for the 4.

Any info would be awesome ;)

akilina
July 31st, 2012, 10:15 PM
So I've been reading up on this Monistat for hair growth and keep coming across people recommending using the 4 percent as opposed to the 2 percent but is the 4 only available in a kit, pre-applicators, and the dissolving eggs? I've been trying to find the 4 percent in a tube either the Monistat brand or another brand, even a generic one. I can't find it... only the 2 percent I've seen in the tube. I know many have tried using the 2 percent and have been successful but I want to go for the 4.

Any info would be awesome ;)
I understand you can cut them open and squeeze em out. Same thing. Thats what I did.. I gave up because I could not find the 4%, then ended up finding one eggy thing and I cut into it and put it in my old mix I had of the creme and water already diluted.

firegypsy
July 31st, 2012, 10:48 PM
Yeah, my shampoo bars have a lot herbs/oils that are supposed to combat shedding :shrug: It seems to be helping quite a bit, although it'll be awhile until I get back the thickness I've lost.

hmmm. care to share the brand you use? I've seen them around, but never thought much of them. maybe it's time I pay closer attention.

jojo89
July 31st, 2012, 10:55 PM
Looks the same, but keep with it another month. I just started and am impatient. I want to see results now but I'll give it a couple months.

Bunnysaur
July 31st, 2012, 11:11 PM
hmmm. care to share the brand you use? I've seen them around, but never thought much of them. maybe it's time I pay closer attention.

NEVAR!!! I SHALL NEVER REVEAL MY SECRET!!!

I use Chagrin Valley's Neem and Tea Tree or Ayurvedic Herbs. I've been using their Nettle bar a lot too, and I really like it.

firegypsy
August 1st, 2012, 07:21 AM
NEVAR!!! I SHALL NEVER REVEAL MY SECRET!!!

I use Chagrin Valley's Neem and Tea Tree or Ayurvedic Herbs. I've been using their Nettle bar a lot too, and I really like it.

I snorted.

Okay...I'm going to see if that's available in my health food store. Then I need to get some argan oil. I'm assuming sally's for that-we'll see!

dixid
August 1st, 2012, 07:56 AM
I'm not a heavy shedder, but I wanted to jumpstart my hair growth so I've been using Monistat (2%) for 2 weeks now and I'm impressed with the results. I've seen about a 1/2" growth in two weeks. I diluted about an inch of the cream in a travel size spray bottle filled with water.

Jenny777
August 1st, 2012, 08:23 AM
I understand you can cut them open and squeeze em out. Same thing. Thats what I did.. I gave up because I could not find the 4%, then ended up finding one eggy thing and I cut into it and put it in my old mix I had of the creme and water already diluted.

Ok mi'lady, thanks for the tip!

TropicalBreeze
August 2nd, 2012, 06:35 AM
I found a foot spray with Miconazole Nitrate in it at the drug store. Can I use that instead?

Leucothea
August 5th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Thank you Silverbramby! That's really good advice! I am also intolerant to eggs (I can have eggs in things, like bread, but not straight up eggs) so that won't work, but you're other suggestions are fantastic! Thanks so much :)

And I know exactly what you mean about CO washing, I had massive shedding when I did that. I have to wash my hair twice a week or it just starts shedding like crazy. But monistat has almost eliminated shedding.

Turns out Monistat IS what was making my hair grow really fast, I missed 3 days this week and I haven't had to trim my bangs. I know that's not exactly scientific, but it's good enough for me.

akilina
August 5th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Been using monistat for a week on only one part of my head to see if I can see a difference...
I am just not sure if I see a difference or not. Sometimes I almost do, but then I dont. There is no way for me to really measure such a small amount either :/
Also, one week is nothing in this hair world, so I should not expect to see anything yet.

jojo89
August 5th, 2012, 11:04 PM
I haven't noticed anything yet either :-/ I want to so bad, but my hair just sucks. I'm gonna give it time. When I run out, I'm going to buy one more box and if that doesn't work by then, I'll just put my patient pants on lol.

Silverbrumby
August 5th, 2012, 11:06 PM
I haven't noticed anything yet either :-/ I want to so bad, but my hair just sucks. I'm gonna give it time. When I run out, I'm going to buy one more box and if that doesn't work by then, I'll just put my patient pants on lol.

How fast does your hair grow normally?

Bunnysaur
August 8th, 2012, 09:24 PM
I've been using this off and on for about 3 weeks now, and I haven't seen much of a difference. I might have gotten a little spurt after my first couple applications, but I'm not sure. But then, I've not been measuring regularly or taking pictures regularly either, so my hair could have grown 3" and I wouldn't know :shrug: I'm going to start doing it at least every other day and try my best to stick with it this time!

firegypsy
August 8th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I do it every other day and it's REALLY drying my super fine hair. Noticeably. Right by the roots. I'm backing off for now.

I was doing every other day. I may try for twice a week before quitting for good, but my hair is getting brittle and having that happen at the roots will negate any other effect I'm looking for.

Silverbrumby
August 8th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I do it every other day and it's REALLY drying my super fine hair. Noticeably. Right by the roots. I'm backing off for now.

I was doing every other day. I may try for twice a week before quitting for good, but my hair is getting brittle and having that happen at the roots will negate any other effect I'm looking for.

I only do this after washing my hair and on a wet scalp/hair. It goes on easier and I use the direct from tube method of squeezing out 1/2 an inch then working it through the scalp. I hated mixing it with water as it made my hair super funky.

JellyBene
August 14th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Ok I'm trying this :) after all the worst thing that could happen is notnhing right? I started with no roots showing, today is my second day applying it. Lets see what it does....

BrightEyes
August 15th, 2012, 04:20 PM
I only do this after washing my hair and on a wet scalp/hair. It goes on easier and I use the direct from tube method of squeezing out 1/2 an inch then working it through the scalp. I hated mixing it with water as it made my hair super funky.

Do you leave the monistat on then, until your next wash?

I am thinking of trying monistat to get through a very difficult length (for me) quicker. I've had serious chopping impulses lately.

JellyBene
August 16th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Today is my 4th day of using monistat 2% (applied diluted after a wash) and I could almost swear I see roots that weren't there before I started. It's POSSIBLE that I just missed some patches last time I dyed my roots though. i haven't had any headaches, just strange vivid dreams which i have heard can be a side effect.

jillosity
August 16th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I've been using this for about a month now, and I am seeing results that I'm pretty happy with! I'm using target store brand 2% cream, and diluting it with about an ounce of water in a bottle that has a fine tip applicator (I think might have come with one of my boxes of Color Oops!) I add the water first, squeeze in an eyeballed inch, shake and apply just to my roots all over at night. I wash every other day, so I do it every other night. I've missed a few times, perhaps 3 applications, in the past month. I haven't noticed any side effects, my hair might be a bit oilier looking, but it's nothing major.

After my Effasol to remove massive henndigo fiasco, I colored my hair so my roots are really easy to see, it looks to be about a half an inch of roots, which is good growth for me. I'm keeping at it!

JellyBene
August 17th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Update: the dreams just get stranger and stranger... But I am DEFINATELY seeing about 1/4 inch of roots that were not there 4 days ago.... However my hair is shedding like crazy. Hoping this stops so I don't have to quit the monistat

Lauram
August 17th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Update: the dreams just get stranger and stranger... But I am DEFINATELY seeing about 1/4 inch of roots that were not there 4 days ago.... However my hair is shedding like crazy. Hoping this stops so I don't have to quit the monistat

I've been using it for 2 weeks and I think I'm shedding more than usual too. I'm thinking if cutting back and seeing if that helps. My hair has grown like 1/2 an inch though. I'm happy with that part!

millyaulait
August 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I keep forgetting to apply this stuff.... :lol:

I *have* grown half an inch, but I can't remember when I last applied.

It could just be this month's growth? Who knows.

I have some on my scalp as we speak, I'll try & apply more frequently... :p

RockyChristine
August 19th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Two weeks of Monistat- a generic store brand, using just the cream on my hair every night. So much growth! I know my hair grows like a weed normally, but this is definitely accelerated. Getting out of awkward pixie cut stage seems closer than I'd expected.

JellyBene
August 19th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I skipped my application last night because I am scared of how much it was making my hair shed.

JellyBene
August 20th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Sadly, I have to quit the monistat at least for now. Not because of the shedding but because.... I lost my monistat. Strange I know.... But i seriously can't find it anywhere and being a college student I am too broke to go buy more for now

Asprettyasme
August 20th, 2012, 11:55 PM
#error

#An error occurred.

akilina
August 21st, 2012, 12:09 AM
What makes me upset here is people claiming it does not work without saying what product they are using, how many times they apply it and they don't even post pictures or say that they measured. They just claim it doesn't work without evidence. Some people here are using totally different products other then Monistat and the Daktarin. If you are not using those two exact products then saying it does not work is invalid. That is why I believe this stuff work, because the girls/guys who say it works post pictures and measurements and they just have so much proof it works.

Okay so in other news, so far its officially 14 days since I started monistat. My hair has never passed neck length no matter how hard I tried. so I will defiently know if monistat is working for me! So far I have put it on every other day (aka 4 times a week), I tried to stretch it out but I think its so much fun to apply so I do it often even though I know not to. When I first applied monistat I didn't want to get a headache so I did what suicide eve did (I found her video on youtube way before I knew she had a long hair community account, ironic right?) I took an inch of cream and 2-3 teaspoons of warm water into a small bottle and I put it on my scalp. It was very messy but somehow I manage to only get it on my hair but I did 3 teaspoons which was way to much (It did not look like it was though). I st ill had a lot in the bottle after I got it all over my scalp. So I just kept pouring it over my head until I ran out.

I did that twice. I had to stop doing it because I got my hair straighten and I have afro texture hair so pouring water into my hair will make it get super bushy. So I started to apply full on. I think headaches are a mental thing so any time I felt like I was going to get a headache I drunk a glass of water because I believe water stops headaches and so the feeling went away. I have not gotten a headache from monistat. I tried once with a little oil, but it would not blend with the monistat so I added water and it made it worst. It clumped up and became huge golbs and made my hair bush up. It was horrifying and it totally ruin my bottle. The oil wouldn't come out my bottle and I use water and soap and it still was stuck. I end up using really hot water and my bottle melted ;[! So now I need a new bottle ;/.

A little background information on my hair, I have had really bad dandruff in my teen years and it was just so much. I even had white flakes on my eyebrows and I realize it was just extremely dry skin I would just sit there and scrap my skin until it was all off and be fine until the next day. So I started applying lotion to my eyebrows and it went away. So on my hair I didn't know what to do so I kept getting dandruff until recently when I kept oiling my hair obsessively and it finally went away. My scalp has always been super itchy for a while. I mean I use to cry from how itchy it was. I would scratch it until it bleed some days. I was so mad when that would happen. I research itch, and found out it happens for 4 reasons: 1) your hair is dirty,2) your hair is dry,3) your hair is growing, or 4) your having an allergic reaction to a product your using. So I tried to eliminate those possibilities (except growing) but still I was itching like crazy. So that day before I bought monistat I was itching like crazy and now my hair feels better. Yes, sometimes it itch, but it hasn't gotten really bad. At first the itching was unbearable, but now its a scratch here, a scratch there and most days it doesn't itch. I am happy.

I was always a huge shedder, I mean clumps and clumps of hair use to come out all the time but my hair has always been super thick. So I was use to shedding that much. I didn't think monistat would stop my shedding but now I have only seen about 10 hairs? versus hundreds of strands I seem to shed and no I am not exaggerating, it use to be more then 100 strands each time I did something to my hair. 100 when I wash, 100 when I comb, 100 while doing my hair. I mean it was so much but my hair still manage to be super thick at the end of the day.

I have read this whole thread (took me almost two weeks) but I havn't read the other thread yet, so I am about to do that now but what I am about to do is something no one has done yet. I am about to keep the monistat on my head for longer then two weeks to a month. I don't wash every day or every week like the girls who so far has used monistat. So i will be keeping monistat in my head for that long without washing, I will also be still reapplying. I am praying for no bad side affects. I will keep everyone updated.

My progress, not sure yet but since my hair is straighten right now I can tell when I have new growth because my roots feel bushy. and yes right now my roots feel super bushy. Sometimes I sweat though so I am unsure whether thats new growth or hair going back into its natural phase because of water. But I think its new growth because I just got my hair done and I havn't really sweated that much. My hair has never grown that fast so if it grows an inch a month I will defiently know. -fingers crossed- I am excited and I believe it will work and thats all that matters.

Cool! I look forward to hearing how it goes.
I look forward to also getting back onto the monistat. I visited nevada for 3 days, and fell out of ALL my good hair habits, so now I am recovering.
I only use the monistat on my undercut that is growing out. Luckily I have roots from color to judge by :)
I also mix some tea tree oil in with my monistat to help dilute it.
I am also experimenting with using castor oil on the rest of my scalp.

I agree with what frustrates you at times.
It is weird when anyone claims that *whatever* does not work for them, yet they did not really give it a real chance only expecting instant results. No matter what, really nothing will ever make your hair grow fast over night.

Asprettyasme
August 21st, 2012, 01:50 AM
#error

#An error occurred.

Ligeia_13
August 21st, 2012, 08:22 AM
What makes me upset here is people claiming it does not work without saying what product they are using, how many times they apply it and they don't even post pictures or say that they measured. They just claim it doesn't work without evidence. Some people here are using totally different products other then Monistat and the Daktarin. If you are not using those two exact products then saying it does not work is invalid. That is why I believe this stuff work, because the girls/guys who say it works post pictures and measurements and they just have so much proof it works.

Very well, I will hold you to this and post my photos next week when I'm done with my full month of experimentation. Not a single cm of difference, you will see for yourself.

GrowingOut
August 21st, 2012, 08:35 AM
So, Yes or no?

Are there any risks involved, such as hair loss?

giovanna93
August 21st, 2012, 09:44 AM
I've used Daktarin a couple of times a week for the past couple of months and both months I got an inch of hair growth. I usually put it on in the morning of the day I'm going to wash my hair so it stays on my scalp for a good few hours. I'll also put some coconut oil on my lengths. So yeah, i do believe it works :)

akilina
August 21st, 2012, 12:47 PM
akilina, If I remember correctly you have posted quite a few times on this thread. What was your results again? Did you get 1 inch of growth in a month from the previous times? Oh and congratz on the new profile picture. Its very pretty.
Noo I was one of the ones with unsure results. I think that maybe the hair I used it on was like 1/8 of an inch longer or less than the rest. Very small.
Wish castor oil in the past though, I saw some really random roots that were a whole inch long, and I knew that I got good coverage on the previous henna.
And thanks :D That photo was taken a month ago or less after a henna. My color is different again...probably 3-4 shades lighter now. :P Battling with the henna. I am done for now though. Too much color oopsing and a few soap caps. My hair needs a rest!

Asprettyasme
August 21st, 2012, 03:01 PM
#error

#An error occurred.

MaryO
August 22nd, 2012, 01:39 AM
Unfortunately I haven't seen any growth from using a cream called Covarex. It contains mn 2% so the exact same thing as Monistat. Also tried the Daktarin without any results. Will continue though as I bought the creams for this reason and will finish it! �� I apply it every night or every second night if I'm tired. I use lots of cream mixed with a bit of water to thin it out. We'll see whether anything happens if I just continue or does wishing not make it so? ��

Silverbrumby
August 22nd, 2012, 02:37 AM

Okay so in other news, so far its officially 14 days since I started monistat. My hair has never passed neck length no matter how hard I tried. so I will defiently know if monistat is working for me! So far I have put it on every other day (aka 4 times a week), I tried to stretch it out but I think its so much fun to apply so I do it often even though I know not to. When I first applied monistat I didn't want to get a headache so I did what suicide eve did (I found her video on youtube way before I knew she had a long hair community account, ironic right?) I took an inch of cream and 2-3 teaspoons of warm water into a small bottle and I put it on my scalp. It was very messy but somehow I manage to only get it on my hair but I did 3 teaspoons which was way to much (It did not look like it was though). I st ill had a lot in the bottle after I got it all over my scalp. So I just kept pouring it over my head until I ran out.

I did that twice. I had to stop doing it because I got my hair straighten and I have afro texture hair so pouring water into my hair will make it get super bushy. So I started to apply full on. I think headaches are a mental thing so any time I felt like I was going to get a headache I drunk a glass of water because I believe water stops headaches and so the feeling went away. I have not gotten a headache from monistat. I tried once with a little oil, but it would not blend with the monistat so I added water and it made it worst. It clumped up and became huge golbs and made my hair bush up. It was horrifying and it totally ruin my bottle. The oil wouldn't come out my bottle and I use water and soap and it still was stuck. I end up using really hot water and my bottle melted ;[! So now I need a new bottle ;/.

A little background information on my hair, I have had really bad dandruff in my teen years and it was just so much. I even had white flakes on my eyebrows and I realize it was just extremely dry skin I would just sit there and scrap my skin until it was all off and be fine until the next day. So I started applying lotion to my eyebrows and it went away. So on my hair I didn't know what to do so I kept getting dandruff until recently when I kept oiling my hair obsessively and it finally went away. My scalp has always been super itchy for a while. I mean I use to cry from how itchy it was. I would scratch it until it bleed some days. I was so mad when that would happen. I research itch, and found out it happens for 4 reasons: 1) your hair is dirty,2) your hair is dry,3) your hair is growing, or 4) your having an allergic reaction to a product your using. So I tried to eliminate those possibilities (except growing) but still I was itching like crazy. So that day before I bought monistat I was itching like crazy and now my hair feels better. Yes, sometimes it itch, but it hasn't gotten really bad. At first the itching was unbearable, but now its a scratch here, a scratch there and most days it doesn't itch. I am happy.

I was always a huge shedder, I mean clumps and clumps of hair use to come out all the time but my hair has always been super thick. So I was use to shedding that much. I didn't think monistat would stop my shedding but now I have only seen about 10 hairs? versus hundreds of strands I seem to shed and no I am not exaggerating, it use to be more then 100 strands each time I did something to my hair. 100 when I wash, 100 when I comb, 100 while doing my hair. I mean it was so much but my hair still manage to be super thick at the end of the day.

I have read this whole thread (took me almost two weeks) but I havn't read the other thread yet, so I am about to do that now but what I am about to do is something no one has done yet. I am about to keep the monistat on my head for longer then two weeks to a month. I don't wash every day or every week like the girls who so far has used monistat. So i will be keeping monistat in my head for that long without washing, I will also be still reapplying. I am praying for no bad side affects. I will keep everyone updated.

My progress, not sure yet but since my hair is straighten right now I can tell when I have new growth because my roots feel bushy. and yes right now my roots feel super bushy. Sometimes I sweat though so I am unsure whether thats new growth or hair going back into its natural phase because of water. But I think its new growth because I just got my hair done and I havn't really sweated that much. My hair has never grown that fast so if it grows an inch a month I will defiently know. -fingers crossed- I am excited and I believe it will work and thats all that matters.

I also think it works differently for different people. I've been doing monistat since March 12. Every two to three day, direct from tube and after washing.

Growth - 23 inches March '12, 25.5 inches as of August '12

I grew a lot of finer hairs for me filling in my hairline which was a bit thinner They fell out and now I have some really medium sized hair growing in. Very happy with this result.

Shedding - maybe went from 80 to 60 but it just depends. I found MSM to be much more effective for the shedding for me

I think there is something to this product. I think my hair strands have thickened up since using it.

Asprettyasme
August 23rd, 2012, 07:30 PM
#error

#An error occurred.

Tania
August 23rd, 2012, 10:17 PM
Ok do how do you use this Monistat mixture. I'm curious

Tania
August 23rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
Can someone explain to me how to use this. Do you put it in and leave it over night or do u half to wash it out n

Silverbrumby
August 23rd, 2012, 11:30 PM
Can someone explain to me how to use this. Do you put it in and leave it over night or do u half to wash it out n

I wash my hair then squeeze out about 1/2 an inch of it onto my thigh

1. Dip my finger tips into it and work in a section at the front.

2. Repeat until most of scalp covered.

3. Leave in till next wash

Don't forget this doe nothing for a bunch of people. It just seems to agree with my condition.

Asprettyasme
August 24th, 2012, 03:55 AM
#error

#An error occurred.

KAggs
August 26th, 2012, 12:22 PM
So, I joined the bandwagon today and used the Target brand version of Monistat in my hair! I never dyed my hair before, so it was a little difficult trying to apply something, let alone this, onto my scalp. I think I got it though!

I put it on after my shower, and waited till my hair was just damp enough to apply it. In my application bottle it went, an inch of the cream and then 3 tablespoons of water to dilute it. I think I'll be doing this regimen every other day to every 2 days. We shall see how it goes! I think I feel a little tingly already! :D

KAggs
August 26th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I'm sad to report back so soon. After 4-5 hours after applying it to my scalp, I started to have a horrible migraine, and still do as I type. Now, I strangely receive migraines around the time I get my period, and I am no where close!

I took some migraine medicine and just washed my scalp in hopes to alleviate it. This is my first time using miconazole nitrate. I fear that this is why I have the migraine. As much as I want to grow my hair, I don't think it's worth it for me to try this again to test if my migraine was caused by this or not, at least at this point in time.

Now time for me to rest up!

JellyBene
August 29th, 2012, 03:44 AM
I was able to get some more monistat, so I'm back on board

BrightEyes
August 30th, 2012, 12:06 AM
I've been using Monistat for the past two weeks and have had 1/2 inch of growth. But I've also had horrible headaches, shedding and an all over weird feeling/buzzing in my head. I've tried it diluted and straight from the tube. I've left it on for an hour before washing and overnight. I always get the same negative side affects:( When I left it on overnight I tossed and turned all night and what little sleep I had was restless and filled with weird dreams. My head was buzzing all night long. Weird.

So although it has given me some good growth, it's just not worth it for me to continue. So I'm jumping off the wagon.

Now I need to find me a tube of patience somewhere:D

Ambystoma
August 30th, 2012, 12:21 AM
I've been using it for a while and have had great results. My hair used to grow an inch a month before "the famous bleach disaster". After that my growth really slowed down to around 1cm/month. Since using Daktarin (same as Monistat for Aussies) I'm at 1 - 1 1/2 in/month so I'm very happy with it :)

millyaulait
August 30th, 2012, 06:58 AM
I'm still applying sporadically.

I can see a lot of roots but I have nobody to measure for me.

I'm having no negative side effects so I'm going to keep doing this until the end of Sept & then move on to something else. :)

Redhead Rebel
August 30th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Does anyone know if Monistat is sold in New Zealand and if not are there any other brands I should look out for?

hufflepug
August 30th, 2012, 07:30 PM
I kind of want to try this (I really want length, now!) but hearing about people getting headaches from it makes me nervous. I'm pretty headache prone anyway. Maybe I'll try it on a weekend when I can stay in bed if I need to.

I'm dying reading the tags for this post though!

mojavewolf1
September 2nd, 2012, 06:01 PM
Just started monistat first pic http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/2012%20pics%20graphics/Copyofhairsitepics009.jpg

One month monistat http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/Animals/NEWPICSHAIRANDRCCAR012.jpg

Two months monistat http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/2012%20pics%20graphics/rctruckandhair022.jpg

See any difference?

Five of Five
September 2nd, 2012, 06:09 PM
Does anyone know if Monistat is sold in New Zealand and if not are there any other brands I should look out for?

I've never seen Monistat, not even in online stores, but Daktarin is easily found in pharmacies. It's only the 2%, though.

Redhead Rebel
September 2nd, 2012, 07:13 PM
I got something called Resolve cream, it has Miconazole nitrate 2.0% and hydrocortisone 0.5%. Would this help or should I try to hunt down some 4%?

MrsGuther
September 2nd, 2012, 07:24 PM
I don't remember who first started this thread, but i thought it would be a good idea to start it again. Who of you out there have tried it? What were the results? Did the hair shed, once anyone stopped using? Did any of you use any other treatments while using monistat?

I'm so afraid to try this! Lol. I'm afraid it would make my hair shed like crazy... I don't know if it would, or if that has happened to anyone else when they tried it.

MrsGuther
September 2nd, 2012, 07:25 PM
Just started monistat first pic http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/2012%20pics%20graphics/Copyofhairsitepics009.jpg

One month monistat http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/Animals/NEWPICSHAIRANDRCCAR012.jpg

Two months monistat http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Pamelabonilla/2012%20pics%20graphics/rctruckandhair022.jpg

See any difference?

I definitely see a difference!! Looks like you have a couple inches of new growth after two months of using the monistat.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 2nd, 2012, 07:33 PM
I'm in NZ and have some Canesten from the chemist which contains Clotrimazole. 20 milligrams per gram. Have had the tube sitting on my desk for about a month now wondering if I dare use it for anything other than it's original purpose:)

NJoy
September 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM

See any difference?

Yes, I do. Looking good. Congrats. :applause

mojavewolf1
September 2nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Thank you...So I thought it was not working but it must be...I see my hair everyday and must confess to being Obsessive about it ..Trying to see if it is growing...But if other people see it maybe I should continue> Like I said I am trying organic apple cider vinegar and red Pepper..Its 3 tb apple cider with a pinch of pepper and I put on for and hour before shampooing...Did this one time...Maybe I will do both...I did notice where my hair was thinning,more has sprouted!!

akilina
September 2nd, 2012, 09:08 PM
Gosh seeing photos like this, I wish that MN worked for me :(
I am having some serious hair hate lately and was even more bummed out that MN did absolutely nothing for me.

millyaulait
September 3rd, 2012, 08:33 AM
Just wanted to pop in & say bye!

I finished my tube & I'm moving on to try Rooibos now!

Also, just for readers: Monistat did work for me!

:cheese:

mojavewolf1
September 3rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Just wanted to pop in & say bye!

I finished my tube & I'm moving on to try Rooibos now!

Also, just for readers: Monistat did work for me!

:cheese:Ok what is Rooibos?

spookyghost
September 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Ok what is Rooibos?

Its a tea to use as a tea rinse. It didnt do anything for me except it left my hair feeling like straw.:( It has worked for alot of people though. Oh its for growth by the way! Haha. Forgot to mention that.

Im on the fence about monistat. I might try it. If I have side effects I will just stop. But if you can put it inside you where your skin is more moist, if you know what I mean, how can putting it on your head be bad? Your body is absorbing it either way right?

Oh I just thought of something. Shoot. I had a yeast infection, or I think I did, and just used it on this past Friday. My downstairs itched sooo bad after using it I couldnt stand it. It was 11:00 pm and I had to jump in the bath tub because I itched that bad. Maybe I wont use it.

Maybe
September 3rd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Its a tea to use as a tea rinse. It didnt do anything for me except it left my hair feeling like straw.:( It has worked for alot of people though. Oh its for growth by the way! Haha. Forgot to mention that.

Im on the fence about monistat. I might try it. If I have side effects I will just stop. But if you can put it inside you where your skin is more moist, if you know what I mean, how can putting it on your head be bad? Your body is absorbing it either way right?

Oh I just thought of something. Shoot. I had a yeast infection, or I think I did, and just used it on this past Friday. My downstairs itched sooo bad after using it I couldnt stand it. It was 11:00 pm and I had to jump in the bath tub because I itched that bad. Maybe I wont use it.

This. I am allergic to it "downstairs" so I am afraid to use it on my head.

jillosity
September 3rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
I'm still using it the same way, diluted with about an ounce or so of water, applied using a squirt bottle. No headaches, no shedding, no strange dreams (darn!) no itchiness or any other weirdness, just noticeable hair growth. The only not so wonderful thing is that my scalp got a bit of oily buildup after 6 weeks of use (every other evening) I just did an extra wash, no biggie. I never use conditioners or oils on my scalp so it's not used to having anything like that on it.

I measured my hair while wet on the 24th of August, I was at 26.25 inches and I'm going to measure again 4 weeks later, just to see how it's going. I might try an experiment with applying nightly for 2 weeks or so, also just to see if it makes any difference.

HairFaerie
September 3rd, 2012, 07:23 PM
I am using the generic version of Monistat again (it's a bit cheaper plus it's 4%, with the same active ingredient). I mix a little castor oil with it for ease of application and an extra "boost". I had great results last time I did this so I am excited about using it again! :cheer:
Last year during the winter I was able to get about 1.5 inches a month using it. I wasn't sure if it was a growth spurt though becaus I have gotten that much growth in the winter before without using it. I decided to try it now because lately I have only been getting about .5-.75 inches per month. If I can get 1.5+, I will know it's from the miconazole nitrate.

Asprettyasme
September 4th, 2012, 08:25 PM
#error

#An error occurred.