PDA

View Full Version : Bat's 3rd LHC Anniversary

Bat
April 16th, 2023, 02:04 AM
so that time came around pretty quickly! 3 years April 4th I stumbled upon LHC from some hair growing Blog, there was links to other hair related topics and LHC was one of them, I've been here ever since, and I've sabotaged all goals

Before LHC

Jan 2020
I decided to Grow 'seriously'

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1097058489865605141/1097064346594590720/IMG20200101113942_optimized.png

April 2020 LHC

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1097058489865605141/1097064451892592731/IMG_20200406_155040_optimized.png

June 2020 typing photo, Crushing Disappointment knowing my hair type had completely changed from the 1b it used to be before hormones
my wishful thinking is that it will magically turn back to 1b if it gets longer

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1097058489865605141/1097067985719525386/IMG_20200801_210323_optimized.png

September? 2020 got this long before I cut it back to chin

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1097058489865605141/1097064978466492476/IMG_20210406_181320.png

Bat
April 16th, 2023, 02:05 AM
2021 Shot of regrowth!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1097058489865605141/1097067986277367879/IMG_20210121_172931.png

Sometime in 2021

Keratin! my hair was black before I had this done, it stripped my dye out, I loved hair straight it was though

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1097058489865605141/1097067986977828874/IMG_20210224_012711.png

more bleach damage later, I managed to get to CBL but shaved bald after September

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1097058489865605141/1097067986059276309/IMG_20201023_230129_optimized.png

it lasted until April 2022 then shaved it off... first 666 days project started and due to dye and trimming too often I hardly got anywhere just to this in roughly 300 days then shaved again bald (sensing patterns? lol )

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1097058489865605141/1097071571895603250/IMG_20230128_161439767.png

now I'm this onto day 56? of second attempt of project I'm kicking myself for dying it but i felt so old with my silvers

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1097058489865605141/1097073003692560454/IMG_20230128_161439767.png

tuanyiji
April 16th, 2023, 02:20 AM
Congrats! That is a colorful cool journey:)

Bat
April 16th, 2023, 02:43 AM
Congrats! That is a colorful cool journey:)

That's barely scratching the surface of how much I've colored and cut my hair in the 3 years thank you!

paulownia
April 16th, 2023, 02:51 AM
Congratulations on hair anniversary :D
I totally understand both trimming and coloring urges:p
I managed to hold myself from cutting too often a while ago, but I'm very Inconsistent with sticking to one colour. Sometimes I think that i change my mind as often as you, just that I'm using herbal dyes :D.
I chickened out from growing grey as well and I totally get you.
Happy growing and all the best to you:blossom:

lapushka
April 16th, 2023, 05:34 AM
All the best to you, Bat & congrats on taking up residence here! We love you loads! :)

Anyway, do whatever strikes your fancy with your hair. Hair is hair. It's pretty resilient. ;)

Aerya
April 16th, 2023, 05:39 AM
Congratulations, Bat! It's good to have you around here, and I'm excited to see how your journey will progress going forward! :flower:

I'd also like to add that it can be very hard to tell your true texture with damage and/or short lengths. My hair is flippy at shorter lengths too, and bleach damage gives my hair more texture than it has when natural, oddly enough. Texture can also be manipulated somewhat with how it's treated before and during drying. I personally wish I had more waves, and I'm sure your hair will look absolutely lovely if it turns out to be wavy, but I just wanted to point this out as you want straight hair for yourself. :)

sipnsun
April 16th, 2023, 06:41 AM
Congratulations on 3 years! You are always so encouraging to others and it's been great having you here!

ArtOfNoot
April 16th, 2023, 10:37 AM
Hey hey hey! Wild that it's been 3 years already. Time is moving just a bit too fast lately haha

momof3mary
April 16th, 2023, 12:57 PM
Three years already?!? My goodness time flies by.

Dark40
April 16th, 2023, 01:22 PM
Wow! Yes, time to fly! I can't believe that it's been three years already, Bat! Congratulations on your colorful hair growth! And also, wishing you the best!

Bat
April 16th, 2023, 05:40 PM
Congratulations on hair anniversary :D
I totally understand both trimming and coloring urges:p
I managed to hold myself from cutting too often a while ago, but I'm very Inconsistent with sticking to one colour. Sometimes I think that i change my mind as often as you, just that I'm using herbal dyes :D.
I chickened out from growing grey as well and I totally get you.
Happy growing and all the best to you:blossom:

I think I might join the black henna 2 step club and only have a couple of bleach strips to play around with color

All the best to you, Bat & congrats on taking up residence here! We love you loads! :)

Anyway, do whatever strikes your fancy with your hair. Hair is hair. It's pretty resilient. ;)
Mine can take a beating for sure

Congratulations, Bat! It's good to have you around here, and I'm excited to see how your journey will progress going forward! :flower:

I'd also like to add that it can be very hard to tell your true texture with damage and/or short lengths. My hair is flippy at shorter lengths too, and bleach damage gives my hair more texture than it has when natural, oddly enough. Texture can also be manipulated somewhat with how it's treated before and during drying. I personally wish I had more waves, and I'm sure your hair will look absolutely lovely if it turns out to be wavy, but I just wanted to point this out as you want straight hair for yourself. :)

There is always keratin smoothing 😂 but I would like to get to apl before I get one
Congratulations on 3 years! You are always so encouraging to others and it's been great having you here!

Thank you! Encouragement is always good for everyone :D

Hey hey hey! Wild that it's been 3 years already. Time is moving just a bit too fast lately haha

Right? My life is flashing before my eyes it seems

Three years already?!? My goodness time flies by.

Sure does! Hopefully the next 3 years I actually get some growth

Bat
April 16th, 2023, 05:41 PM
Wow! Yes, time to fly! I can't believe that it's been three years already, Bat! Congratulations on your colorful hair growth! And also, wishing you the best!

Thanks so much Dark I appreciate it!

To everyone thanks so much for the well wishes it means a lot

Ylva
April 16th, 2023, 06:15 PM
:cheer: Congratulations, Bat! Love having you around, you bring so much life to this forum, and wishing you all the best in your growth journey. :)

Bat
April 16th, 2023, 06:19 PM
:cheer: Congratulations, Bat! Love having you around, you bring so much life to this forum, and wishing you all the best in your growth journey. :)

Thanks so much Ylva! It still amazes me how I ever got passed the pixie stage the first time z

lapis_lazuli
April 16th, 2023, 06:47 PM
Happy 3rd Anniversary, Bat! :cake::cake::cake: Thanks for being such an active, caring member of our community. I always enjoy seeing your hair updates through your ever-changing avatar :)

Bat
April 16th, 2023, 06:57 PM
Happy 3rd Anniversary, Bat! :cake::cake::cake: Thanks for being such an active, caring member of our community. I always enjoy seeing your hair updates through your ever-changing avatar :)

Hehe thank you! I try to limit photos for once every 10 days xD

shelomit
April 16th, 2023, 07:16 PM
Gratz, Bat! You are without doubt an irreplaceable member of our little forum. Thank you for flying out from your belfry and joining us ( ;

Bat
April 16th, 2023, 07:47 PM
Gratz, Bat! You are without doubt an irreplaceable member of our little forum. Thank you for flying out from your belfry and joining us ( ;
Haha thanks to all of you for keeping me here! If people were too mean I'd just fly back out

KokoroDragon
April 16th, 2023, 07:49 PM
Happy hairiversary Bat!

If it helps, my hair texture looks very similar to yours at such short lengths but now that it's long it behaves like 1b/c. If I want waves now I have to work for them! So there's hope for you!

Bat
April 16th, 2023, 11:10 PM
Happy hairiversary Bat!

If it helps, my hair texture looks very similar to yours at such short lengths but now that it's long it behaves like 1b/c. If I want waves now I have to work for them! So there's hope for you!

Fingers crossed 😂 maybe doing ,2 step henndigo will pull it straighter

Diana Prince
April 17th, 2023, 01:25 AM
Congrats, Bat!! LHC wouldn't be the same without you. :flower:

Have you thought about letting it grow for a bit, just enough so you can do a straightening treatment? You'll get the long hair you want and also the texture. I know you mentioned you did a Keratin treatment once, but why didn't you like it? I think it'll make your journey easier :D.

cookies
April 17th, 2023, 02:28 AM
Happy anniversary Bat!

Dyes do make my hair puffier/wavier as well, fwiw, and henna does do the exact opposite.
Hope you find what makes you(r hair) happiest :)

Bat
April 17th, 2023, 03:46 AM
Congrats, Bat!! LHC wouldn't be the same without you. :flower:

Have you thought about letting it grow for a bit, just enough so you can do a straightening treatment? You'll get the long hair you want and also the texture. I know you mentioned you did a Keratin treatment once, but why didn't you like it? I think it'll make your journey easier :D.

Awe thanks so much! <3
Oh I LOVED the keratin it gave me the hair of my dreams and it did help me get to cbl. The reason I want to wait till apl is I hear it's a good length to be first typed properly, I was typed as 2a or 2b I don't remember though back then with the chin length hair but it looked more than that I should put it in hair typing thread again for fun

Happy anniversary Bat!

Dyes do make my hair puffier/wavier as well, fwiw, and henna does do the exact opposite.
Hope you find what makes you(r hair) happiest :)

If henna/indigo made my hair straightener I'm all for it, I read from the henna sooq site that Alma and zizyphus powder helps keep curl pattern so I'd be avoiding them like the plague 😂

angel-baby
April 17th, 2023, 11:35 AM
Happy anniversary Bat!! Thanks for being such a positive presence here :)

Diana Prince
April 17th, 2023, 12:46 PM
Awe thanks so much! <3
Oh I LOVED the keratin it gave me the hair of my dreams and it did help me get to cbl. The reason I want to wait till apl is I hear it's a good length to be first typed properly, I was typed as 2a or 2b I don't remember though back then with the chin length hair but it looked more than that I should put it in hair typing thread again for fun

Understandable! But it's also fun to colour your hair or to do treatments that make it the texture that you love, so... you don't have to sufffer just to know your hair type. Just my two cents, I don't want to coerce you into something you don't plan to do. I really like your colour transformations, and you're an interesting person, it's no surprise your hair will always be different than the rest of us :D

Bri-Chan
April 17th, 2023, 02:36 PM
Happy anniversary :blossom: I agree with the others, you bring so much life to this forum, LHC would not be the same without you <3

Oh, my hair is becoming less wavy with its health improvement. I think I could easily be a 1c when all the bleach will be gone. There is hope ;)

Bat
April 17th, 2023, 04:27 PM
Happy anniversary Bat!! Thanks for being such a positive presence here :)
No you! 😂

Understandable! But it's also fun to colour your hair or to do treatments that make it the texture that you love, so... you don't have to sufffer just to know your hair type. Just my two cents, I don't want to coerce you into something you don't plan to do. I really like your colour transformations, and you're an interesting person, it's no surprise your hair will always be different than the rest of us :D

I've got time to decide I'll be in the pixie awkward stage for the rest of the year I suspect

Happy anniversary :blossom: I agree with the others, you bring so much life to this forum, LHC would not be the same without you <3

Oh, my hair is becoming less wavy with its health improvement. I think I could easily be a 1c when all the bleach will be gone. There is hope ;)
Thanks so much! <3 I might be sticking with black but I've ordered a hair color remover

_Melly_
April 17th, 2023, 06:54 PM
Oh wow, a lot of changes in 3 years. Good you are still around!

Bat
April 18th, 2023, 01:51 AM
Oh wow, a lot of changes in 3 years. Good you are still around!

It's not even half of my changes 😂

baanoo
April 18th, 2023, 04:12 AM
Aww Bat! Happy anniversary - I love that you’re here! I forgot that we joined at nearly the same time.

Many blessings of the Big Cheese on your growing hairs!

zashin66
April 18th, 2023, 11:05 AM
Hey there Bat!! Three years have brought lots of changes to this old world…..btw what is keratin smoothing? It sounds like something I might like to do to my hair. I use a third of a bottle of conditioner just to smooth whenever I wash. I just love Your hairdos because they are so imaginative. I can live vicariously while I’m accomplishing my goal getting to the ground. I’m at the stage of forgetting it in hopes it will grow faster so I can meet my goal and move on. I have had my hair as short at one inch. But I grew it out right away. I was treated so strangely. Complete strangers were rubbing my head. Do you get that? I can’t imagine this forum with out you and your fun!! I also like that you are so supportive to everyone. You are a great person and a great life!!

squirrrel
April 18th, 2023, 12:28 PM
Hey! Happy Anniversary Bat. I think that your infectious enthusiasm will be the thing you are known for in this forum. I’m looking for to seeing where the next several years take you.

Bat
April 18th, 2023, 04:35 PM
Aww Bat! Happy anniversary - I love that you’re here! I forgot that we joined at nearly the same time.

Many blessings of the Big Cheese on your growing hairs!
Thanks so much Baanoo!

Hey there Bat!! Three years have brought lots of changes to this old world…..btw what is keratin smoothing? It sounds like something I might like to do to my hair. I use a third of a bottle of conditioner just to smooth whenever I wash. I just love Your hairdos because they are so imaginative. I can live vicariously while I’m accomplishing my goal getting to the ground. I’m at the stage of forgetting it in hopes it will grow faster so I can meet my goal and move on. I have had my hair as short at one inch. But I grew it out right away. I was treated so strangely. Complete strangers were rubbing my head. Do you get that? I can’t imagine this forum with out you and your fun!! I also like that you are so supportive to everyone. You are a great person and a great life!!
Yep I got people rubbing my head too without permission it's really weird lool
And keratin is like a protein filler it fills *gaps* in hair and smoothes and makes it straight it fades over time the downside is the process takes a very long time and a bit stressful process you have to wash it with special shampoo then we dry it 100% put the keratin stuff under heat for 40 minutes then flat iron it in then wash it with special conditioner then dry it 100% and flatiron again if you want it super straight and after that you have to leave it down for 48 hours no washing no putting it behind your ears or even up. Then you can wash it with gentle shampoo with no sulfates and parabens
plus it costs a fortune with your hair being so long it would probably cost $500+ hairdressing schools are cheaper it was worth it for me but I probably wouldn't recommend it for hair longer than waist
There is an express option that cuts out half of the process but it only lasts 3 months and won't be as straight

Hey! Happy Anniversary Bat. I think that your infectious enthusiasm will be the thing you are known for in this forum. I’m looking for to seeing where the next several years take you.

Thanks so much! Hopefully I'll get somewhat this time

Shorty89
April 18th, 2023, 05:43 PM
Congrats on three years, Bat.

Bat
April 18th, 2023, 08:09 PM
Congrats on three years, Bat.

thanks so much!

zashin66
April 18th, 2023, 11:03 PM
Yep I got people rubbing my head too without permission it's really weird lool
And keratin is like a protein filler it fills *gaps* in hair and smoothes and makes it straight it fades over time the downside is the process takes a very long time and a bit stressful process you have to wash it with special shampoo then we dry it 100% put the keratin stuff under heat for 40 minutes then flat iron it in then wash it with special conditioner then dry it 100% and flatiron again if you want it super straight and after that you have to leave it down for 48 hours no washing no putting it behind your ears or even up. Then you can wash it with gentle shampoo with no sulfates and parabens
plus it costs a fortune with your hair being so long it would probably cost $500+ hairdressing schools are cheaper it was worth it for me but I probably wouldn't recommend it for hair longer than waist
There is an express option that cuts out half of the process but it only lasts 3 months and won't be as straight

I don’t think that process would fit my approach to life !! lol

squirrrel
April 19th, 2023, 01:57 AM

Thanks so much! Hopefully I'll get somewhat this time

Here’s hoping, Bat. As far as that process goes….shudder:

Bat
April 20th, 2023, 01:07 AM
I don’t think that process would fit my approach to life !! lol

Yeah it's pretty full on!

Bat
April 20th, 2023, 01:08 AM
Here’s hoping, Bat. As far as that process goes….shudder:

If had it before and it was fine