PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite drugstore shampoo and conditioner?

membutterflies
April 15th, 2023, 05:28 PM
All the posts I found about this are older. With all the reformulations and new stuff out I thought it would be good for an updated thread. What is your favorite cheap/drugstore shampoo and conditioner?

Dark40
April 16th, 2023, 01:33 PM
Ohh! Thank you so very much for re-starting fresh on this wonderful thread! :) My favorite cheap/drugstore shampoo and conditioner is: I have lots. But right now, I can name a couple of them, and they are Pantene Pro-V, Garnier Fructis, and Herbal Essences. What are yours?

MadHouseWitch
April 16th, 2023, 05:52 PM
So, I'm not sure how much mine will count haha. But right now I do the As I Am Coconut Cowash and the Garnier Fructis Papaya 3 in 1 hair mask. BUT I also use the Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo and conditioner a little. It's sort of "as needed" But I wash before I do henna touch ups so at least every 4-6 weeks. My scalp lets me know when I need shampoo but I stretch with cowashes "in between" Which I wash approx 2 times per week. No matter what I try to do I can't seem to stretch more than that (and in part is because my curls would like to live in water I think LOL)

I've done no-poo using Baking Soda, and ACV. I tried some different Curly Girl methods (like the Tressame Botanique coconut stuff, my scalp HATED IT) I find the VO5 conditioners far too "waxy" and most of the co wash stuff doesn't let me feel CLEAN (I tried a Cantu cowash and my hair didn't like it!)

I am currently in an "up hair" stage so that means I may do shampoo more or less. It depends because I am more likely to add oils when I'm braiding and bunning and just letting them marinate on my hair. When I am loose and curly I'll glaze hair gel over when sopping wet after the leave in goes in, Turbie Twist it up for a few min (plopping it in there so it is just on top of my head) once it dries I fluff and scrunch out the gel.

AND all of that is too much work right now when it is at a length that I worry so much about rubbing on chairs and breaking off! HOWEVER I went to do a S&D recently and found that I only had a TEENY bit so SOMETHING must be working... RIGHT?

My son has fingertip length/midthigh (I thought he was term... but NOOOOOO... and guess who's been growing longer... *sigh* ME) I get new shampoos to try now and then. We have a Head and Shoulders I got for the boys (and they don't use it, by hubby likes it though, but he's trying a medicated shampoo now) My Eldest likes Herbal Essences. I also like the Hairatage (sp) line but I wasn't that much of a fan of the fragrance in it so I stopped using it. Others in the house loved it though LOL

shelomit
April 16th, 2023, 07:19 PM
My standby is Aussie miracle moist! But I also enjoy V05 (esp. the kiwi/lime one) and most formulations of Herbal Essences.

momof3mary
April 16th, 2023, 07:23 PM
V05 Kiwi lime shampoo is my favorite cheap sulfate shampoo. I also like nizoral as needed. I like some of the L'Oreal sulfate free ones also.

Bat
May 6th, 2023, 04:04 AM
Toni&Guy strengthplex line

sarana
May 6th, 2023, 04:44 AM
Nearly all of my favourite brands are local, but here you go:

-Herbina Clarifying shampoo. Best no-frills clarifying shampoo

-still on the lookout for a perfect non-clarifying shampoo. Moroccanoil was pretty good but it's expensive.

-By Veira Volume conditioner from Normal. This conditioner is amazing and took me by surprise, since I like cones in my conditioner and this has none. I don't understand how it does what it does without cones.

-I also enjoy the birch shampoo and conditioner from Erittäin Hieno Suomalainen (Very Fine Finnish), because they are formulated precisely for my hair type. Very cheap.

From international brands, L'Oreal Elvital/Elvive/whatever is quite good

pisinoe
May 6th, 2023, 06:35 AM
Cheapest products I enjoy with drugstore prices is Tigi Bed Head series! Their shampoo & conditioner duos are amazing, so are the leave-ins and styling products.

Obsidian
May 6th, 2023, 07:37 AM
Suave daily clarifying is my go to shampoo along with prell when I need a really deep clean. Garnier whole blends gentle oat delicacy is great for when my hair is feeling a bit dry, its almost like a 2 in 1.
I don't tend to use conditioner, when I do its pantene foam micellar but its been discontinued and I've not found a good replacement yet.

Ylva
May 7th, 2023, 04:56 AM
I love the Garnier Aloe Hydra Bomb shampoo, and the Hair Food Papaya mask in particular. Some of the Respons (this or that Blends) conditioners and masks also work great for me.

L’Oréal have a great leave-in, the extraordinary oil one.

paulownia
May 8th, 2023, 08:43 AM
Herbal Essences Shine shampoo with white grapefruit :D my favourite as clarifying and chelating shampoo.
I like Garnier Fructis Aloe Hydra Bomb conditionner and some of Respons ( Whole Blends) line, used to love Oat Delicacy, now I have Ginger Recovery ( smells like ginger bread ;))
Garnier Fructis Strength and Shine worked well for me too.

Diana Prince
May 9th, 2023, 11:28 AM
I haven't found a favourite shampoo until now, but I like the most of the Schauma ones. I skip conditioners most of the time and use masks instead, since they're more concentrated. And my favourite ones at the moment are the Garnier Aloe Vera mask and also the Garnier Avocado Oil and Shea Butter mask.

TheWhiteRabbit
July 9th, 2023, 06:05 PM
I’ve found that my fine, thin hair needs SLS and cone free, so I've been using the Acure line - no fragrances is a bonus and has reduced my shedding significantly.

Shorty89
July 9th, 2023, 06:27 PM
I love the Down Under Naturals Nude line. I buy it form Walmart.

angel-baby
July 10th, 2023, 12:08 AM
I haven't used it since before I started bleaching my hair, but I used to like the L'oreal Everpure line.