PDA

View Full Version : My favorite shampoo & conditioner has been discontinued and I need help

kysgrl
April 10th, 2023, 01:54 AM
My favorite shampoo and conditioner (Matrix so long damage) has been discontinued and I need help finding something WITH sulfates and silicones to replace it. My hair is very fine and thin too. Oily roots, dry ends. I can't handle a lot of scents so something not 'Perfumy" is preferred and definitely cant handle anything amber scented. I'm hoping something like this exists out there, I'm having such a hard time finding something that works. I hate it when companies discontinue such a good product! Thank you so much for any suggestions.

AvalonMoon
April 10th, 2023, 02:12 AM
Oily roots and dry ends have been my problem forever!

Have you tried Ethique shampoo bars? They have both sulfate and sulfate-free ranges to suit your preference, and a bunch of conditioners to choose from as well. (And the plastic-free-ness of it all is pretty cool!)

Since I have the same issues as you do, my favourite is their volumising Sweet and Spicy, which I alternate with their Heali Kiwi for sensitive scalp. Most of the bars are scented, but not heavily, and your hair won't smell like anything once it's all washed out. I do believe they've got an unscented bar or two as well, if you really want to play it safe.

lapushka
April 10th, 2023, 05:18 PM
My favorite shampoo and conditioner (Matrix so long damage) has been discontinued and I need help finding something WITH sulfates and silicones to replace it. My hair is very fine and thin too. Oily roots, dry ends. I can't handle a lot of scents so something not 'Perfumy" is preferred and definitely cant handle anything amber scented. I'm hoping something like this exists out there, I'm having such a hard time finding something that works. I hate it when companies discontinue such a good product! Thank you so much for any suggestions.

Well, I guess Pantene is out then. If you could still find the "Aqua Light" from Pantene? It doesn't have that big of a scent and is pretty nice! It's my absolute favorite shampoo. I use it sparingly because it seems discontinued in a lot of places.

kysgrl
April 10th, 2023, 11:17 PM
Oily roots and dry ends have been my problem forever!

Have you tried Ethique shampoo bars? They have both sulfate and sulfate-free ranges to suit your preference, and a bunch of conditioners to choose from as well. (And the plastic-free-ness of it all is pretty cool!)

Since I have the same issues as you do, my favourite is their volumising Sweet and Spicy, which I alternate with their Heali Kiwi for sensitive scalp. Most of the bars are scented, but not heavily, and your hair won't smell like anything once it's all washed out. I do believe they've got an unscented bar or two as well, if you really want to play it safe.

I haven't tried it. I will look into it. Thank you for the suggestion.

kysgrl
April 10th, 2023, 11:18 PM
Well, I guess Pantene is out then. If you could still find the "Aqua Light" from Pantene? It doesn't have that big of a scent and is pretty nice! It's my absolute favorite shampoo. I use it sparingly because it seems discontinued in a lot of places.

I tried the pantene volume and it was too drying for me, but I will keep my eye out for that one. Thank you for the suggestion.

lapushka
April 11th, 2023, 06:09 PM
I tried the pantene volume and it was too drying for me, but I will keep my eye out for that one. Thank you for the suggestion.

Nope. Then the AL is out too, the volume and that one have similar effects. Talking of that drying effect, I mean.

Butterfly Blue
April 11th, 2023, 07:05 PM

If you like Salon products, a shampoo and conditioner you could try is Redken's Volume Injection Shampoo volumizing shampoo and conditioner. They have sulfates and silicones.

mochichichi
April 11th, 2023, 07:38 PM
I use the Biolage Ultra Hydra Source conditioner (it's my ""nice"" conditioner I don't use all the time). I don't know if the conditioner has cones but I also liked the shampoo when I used it and it has sulfates.

kysgrl
April 11th, 2023, 11:12 PM
If you like Salon products, a shampoo and conditioner you could try is Redken's Volume Injection Shampoo volumizing shampoo and conditioner. They have sulfates and silicones.

Oh shoot. Thanks anyway!

kysgrl
April 11th, 2023, 11:13 PM

I think thats one I might have. I don't remember loving it but I will try it again. Thank you!

kysgrl
April 11th, 2023, 11:17 PM
I use the Biolage Ultra Hydra Source conditioner (it's my ""nice"" conditioner I don't use all the time). I don't know if the conditioner has cones but I also liked the shampoo when I used it and it has sulfates.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have the biolage dupe from sallys and its the closest to what Im looking for so far!