PDA

View Full Version : Spiral perm after I reached my goal length

Butterfly Blue
April 7th, 2023, 08:36 AM
Here it is! I am very happy with it. The style product is a mousse and oil mixture. The curls aren't crunchy and I can (and will) air dry.

The beautician didn't have to trim the ends, and I see no damage. I will baby my hair though, and do my best to keep it hydrated and moisturized.

It's been a fun journey, and I am thrilled to have curls!

Thank you all for this wonderful community. It has enabled me to reach my hair goals

https://i.postimg.cc/JsmPS3xv/mbelle.jpg (https://postimg.cc/JsmPS3xv)

illicitlizard
April 7th, 2023, 09:09 AM
OMG I'm so glad you posted this, the result is absolutely gorgeous! The ends look healthy full stop, particularly given the length and the perm. Cheers to reaching your goals! I'm so glad you're happy with it! :happydance:

lapushka
April 7th, 2023, 09:12 AM
I love the result, it is stunning! And (to me) curls are so easy to take care of. Hair that waves here and there and doesn't know what the heck it wants is 100 times worse than a curl out of place or stretched out too much, IMHO. :) Have fun with it! :)

Butterfly Blue
April 7th, 2023, 09:47 AM
OMG I'm so glad you posted this, the result is absolutely gorgeous! The ends look healthy full stop, particularly given the length and the perm. Cheers to reaching your goals! I'm so glad you're happy with it! :happydance:

Thanks so much! I appreciate it:)

I love the result, it is stunning! And (to me) curls are so easy to take care of. Hair that waves here and there and doesn't know what the heck it wants is 100 times worse than a curl out of place or stretched out too much, IMHO. :) Have fun with it! :)

Thanks Lapushka, I glad you mentioned that you think curls are easier than waves to take care of. I agree! Having had a perm before, that was one reason why I decided to get it.

lapushka
April 7th, 2023, 09:53 AM
I had perms before as well, and 1 spiral due to hair being too long for regular perming, I had hip length then. I think there was not a perm that I didn't love. In my teens they were had to grow out, but later on when I discovered I had wavy hair and knew what to do? My goodness, I love a good perm.

Salice
April 7th, 2023, 10:37 AM
Oh, your hair looks amazing! Can you have perm only for roots or how people manage it when hair grows?

SandyBottom
April 7th, 2023, 11:28 AM
That came out really nice and so glad you're happy with the results! Looks great!

Bri-Chan
April 7th, 2023, 01:32 PM
Ooo looks so nice!

lapushka
April 7th, 2023, 01:48 PM
Oh, your hair looks amazing! Can you have perm only for roots or how people manage it when hair grows?

Sadly, no. Unless someone has invented some "contraption" for it in the last couple decades. But you could finagle something at home (or possibly ruin previous perm", by starting your rollers from the roots, but then how do you keep the rest of the hair from coming into contact with perming solution... right?

angel-baby
April 7th, 2023, 02:29 PM
Your curls came out so perfect!

Dark40
April 7th, 2023, 03:42 PM
Your hair came out looking very nice! I love the curls!

Butterfly Blue
April 7th, 2023, 06:57 PM
Thanks so much! I will need a root perm in 8 months to one year from now. (a growth of around 4-6 inches of roots). I have had root perms before. They just use the perm solution on top. According to Birdie.com "In the case of root perms, the solution is applied only to the root, along with perm rods". It's also common for people to get root perms just for volume.

That came out really nice and so glad you're happy with the results! Looks great!
Thank you!:D

Ooo looks so nice!

Your curls came out so perfect!
Thank you!:D

Butterfly Blue
April 7th, 2023, 07:00 PM
Your hair came out looking very nice! I love the curls!
Thank you Dark40!:D

Butterfly Blue
April 7th, 2023, 07:02 PM
I had perms before as well, and 1 spiral due to hair being too long for regular perming, I had hip length then. I think there was not a perm that I didn't love. In my teens they were had to grow out, but later on when I discovered I had wavy hair and knew what to do? My goodness, I love a good perm.

I just never got the hang of making friends with my wavy hair. I am so glad you have had success!

Jools69
April 9th, 2023, 03:59 AM
Gorgeous. So glad you posted this and how great it’s turned out.

I’ve been toying with the idea getting a spiral perm, but too scared it will ruin my hair. As the last one I had was disastrous from the poor technique by the hairdresser.

Did you do much researching the salon before getting it done?

Butterfly Blue
April 10th, 2023, 05:08 PM
Gorgeous. So glad you posted this and how great it’s turned out.

I’ve been toying with the idea getting a spiral perm, but too scared it will ruin my hair. As the last one I had was disastrous from the poor technique by the hairdresser.

Did you do much researching the salon before getting it done?

I did do a lot of research of salons in my area. The beautician had high reviews specifically on perms, so I tried her. I believe I googled "spiral perms in my area"

Butterfly Blue
August 31st, 2023, 01:20 AM
Still going strong! I love my perm.. I did trim about 2 inches of damage, but it's already grown back.
https://i.postimg.cc/CZZyPJr1/IMG-0590.jpg (https://postimg.cc/CZZyPJr1)

ArienEllariel
August 31st, 2023, 05:01 PM
It looks great!

Butterfly Blue
August 31st, 2023, 07:47 PM
It looks great!

Thanks so much. I appreciate it. :blossom:

ETJ CURLS
August 31st, 2023, 09:52 PM
The stylist did a great job! Have you had to alter your haircare routine at all?

Butterfly Blue
September 1st, 2023, 01:02 PM
The stylist did a great job! Have you had to alter your haircare routine at all?

The only change was to use more deep conditioner. My hair is staying healthy and moisturized with the added conditioning.:)

pumpkinsage
September 1st, 2023, 11:30 PM
Wooah!! They look amazing!! They look super natural and shiny! Your hair is so pretty

Jools69
September 2nd, 2023, 02:17 AM
Thank you for updating us. It’s still looking fabulous! :)

I’m still thinking about having one done since I last replied and went for a consultation at 2 different salons this week. The second salon would be the ideal candidate. However, I have few questions if you wouldn’t mind answering?

When you had it done, did you have your ends trimmed and layers cut in? How much did your hair ‘spring up’ after having it done?

The stylist at the second salon has taken a sample of my hair to do a ‘strand test’ and will get back to me in a few days with a picture. She has advised me to have about 3 inches of ‘dead ends’ trimmed (my ends are probably thinned that much), which will take me from lower hips to about waist and with the tight curl I want, it will spring up to around bra strap length. She also wants to put layers in. Otherwise, it will lay ‘flat’.

She was engaging, offered for me to go back into the salon to see the results from the strand test in person. She was very frank to me about the process and even apologising for it!

I understand it’s probably optimal to have thickest ends to make it look nice and that I’ll lose some length to the curl, but I just love feeling my long hair on my lower back and hips. However, it would be nice not having to spend 1 - 1/2 hours curling my hair for it to only fall out several hours later.