PDA

View Full Version : having a panic attack about hair

filip
April 2nd, 2023, 12:41 PM
I walked into fly repellent MIST but it's natural ingredients it contains limeonol citrenelol geraniol.

I wanted to opem the back door but i stupidly already sprayed the mist so it was in the air as i opened the door. I think the mist got on my scalp i felt a slight sting. I washed my hair after and it;s now air drying.

I'm very concerned it has burnt my hair, and i feel depressed and anxious at the same time.

I was finally feeling ok about my hair i had other accidents happen and i got over it but this one feels like the final nail in the coffin. I can't take this anymore.

Now i'm so apranoid the hair has suffered chemical burn because i read limonene oxidises with air to create formaldehyde and that would burn hair.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 2nd, 2023, 01:19 PM
Don't worry, a bit of fly repellent won't hurt your hair.

mochichichi
April 2nd, 2023, 01:26 PM
Most of the time when something causes chemical burns, especially if it's something like flu repellent that's used in homes and can get on skin, etc. to do two damage it has to be either a lot (like wash your hair in it) or often (spray your hair with it every day for weeks). If you walked through a bit of it and then immediately washed it out, your hair should be just fine.

filip
April 2nd, 2023, 01:36 PM
ok i'm sorry i'm literally crazy. have a good day.

filip
April 2nd, 2023, 01:36 PM
i didn't immediately wash it though. i looked up about it if it would be damaging.

WednesdayAddams
April 2nd, 2023, 01:38 PM
You’re fine. :)

embee
April 2nd, 2023, 03:54 PM
I think you and your hair will be ok. Hair is pretty tough really. Things happen, things can be upsetting, but frequently the upset is only in our minds. :)

Bat
April 2nd, 2023, 04:24 PM
i didn't immediately wash it though. i looked up about it if it would be damaging.
I wouldn't worry too much unless you saturated your hair with it.

ProfessorPuffin
April 2nd, 2023, 04:36 PM
I don't know about the exact formula you encountered, but all of those ingredients are commonly found in fly sprays and pest repellents used on horses, cats and dogs. If fly spray caused hair damage there'd be an awful lot of bald horses running around.

Ylva
April 3rd, 2023, 04:39 AM
Everything is fine. It has done absolutely nothing meaningful to your scalp or hair.

GordonMurphella
April 3rd, 2023, 04:44 AM
Stop. You're fine. This is not the first time you've panicked about things that are not panic-worthy. I'd frankly worry more about global warming, but that's me :)

SeppV
April 3rd, 2023, 05:20 AM
You will have many more accidents - perhaps some that will truly damage your hair one day! Who knows, it might catch fire. Part of the solution is living with the uncertainty. Seeking reassurance is part of the problem and feeds your anxiety even more, if you do have an anxiety or OCD issue, that is (I am not going to diagnose anyone from afar)

I think thoughts like this about other things than my hair and my husband is good at stopping me. He will flat out refuse to argue with the intrusive thoughts, because that will only feed the anxiety. This is how we've learned to deal with it through the therapy I have recieved for my issues, and it has helped me tons. I dwell a lot less about these thoughts now, but I will probably always have the tendency and have to deal with it the proper way. I get a worry about something and seeking reassurance will feel relieving for a while, but then I need more reassurance... and some more...and the spiral is on, I am just telling me brain that the issue is important. What has helped is trying to make my thoughts get into new pathways, so to speak, by giving the anxiety thoughts less attention. Let them come and go, without googling/asking etc. easier said than done :-)
I was told to set an hour every day that I could google or think through things, but the rest of the day, I was going to refuse to look into stuff I worried about.

I have shared this with your in a former thread too, I believe...

Hope things get better for you!

spidermom
April 3rd, 2023, 08:25 AM
Don't worry. Even if the ingredients were damaging to hair, it would only be a few hairs at the surface, not all the hairs on your head.

I think that most of us get a little anxious about how our hair is going to do when we decide to grow it long. As stated above, most of our worries are only in our minds. If you can turn your mind to other things, you will feel better.

shelomit
April 3rd, 2023, 09:17 AM
I know from long experience that consciously knowing something is no big deal, or being told by others that it's no big deal, does nothing to actually forestall the panic. You can't fight an irrational impulse with common sense, unfortunately. The trick that most reliably works for me is to distract myself out of the panic. I keep in mind a few topics or tasks that are easy for me to think about and that don't feel stressful, and then when I feel myself spiraling I turn my mind towards one of those things instead. Regardless of whether that helps you, I know it feels awful :grouphug:

lapushka
April 3rd, 2023, 11:57 AM
OP, do you have someone help you with your anxiety? :flower:

Shug
April 3rd, 2023, 01:59 PM
You will have many more accidents - perhaps some that will truly damage your hair one day! Who knows, it might catch fire. Part of the solution is living with the uncertainty. Seeking reassurance is part of the problem and feeds your anxiety even more, if you do have an anxiety or OCD issue, that is (I am not going to diagnose anyone from afar)

I think thoughts like this about other things than my hair and my husband is good at stopping me. He will flat out refuse to argue with the intrusive thoughts, because that will only feed the anxiety. This is how we've learned to deal with it through the therapy I have recieved for my issues, and it has helped me tons. I dwell a lot less about these thoughts now, but I will probably always have the tendency and have to deal with it the proper way. I get a worry about something and seeking reassurance will feel relieving for a while, but then I need more reassurance... and some more...and the spiral is on, I am just telling me brain that the issue is important. What has helped is trying to make my thoughts get into new pathways, so to speak, by giving the anxiety thoughts less attention. Let them come and go, without googling/asking etc. easier said than done :-)
I was told to set an hour every day that I could google or think through things, but the rest of the day, I was going to refuse to look into stuff I worried about.

Lmfao I’m guilty of catching my hair on fire

SeppV
April 4th, 2023, 02:56 PM
Shug: I have done the same. I thought there was a strange smell when I leaned over a counter once. Turns out I had my hair in a candle... years ago now. Not much harm done. I was just happy I survived :-P

pumpkinsage
April 4th, 2023, 04:53 PM
Your hair will be fine, friend! I understand having paranoia about your hair becoming damaged, you are not crazy! Take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Even if the spray was on your hair for a few minutes, an hour, or even a whole day or two, it will be fine. It takes A LOT of formaldehyde and repeated use to damage your hair/scalp. You may have had a mild allergic reaction to the ingredients but as long as you thoroughly washed your hair and conditioned, you'll be fine :o

Remember, control your breathing and focus on something strong - like a piece of ice in your mouth or a mint. That is what my therapist has recommended for panic attacks and that you can put your face in a bowl of ice water to shock you out of the panic! I'm sure you're taking very good care of your hair, if you are feeling weary, maybe take the time to do a deep condition? Then you will know for sure that you are protecting your hair. Just put it up and out of the way while you do other things and let it soak.

Dark40
April 4th, 2023, 08:02 PM
I totally agree with everybody's post here. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Nothing has happened to your hair and scalp.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:05 AM
Hi today I accidentally got mouth wash on my hair, i was feeling anxious before going out and i spat it out my got some drops of motuhwash on it and the main active ingredient is hydrogen peroxide but low concentrations, will my hair be ok?

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:06 AM
No I don't but I have an anxiety disorder and ocd regarding my hair that is destroying my life.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:07 AM
I know I should of tied my hair back but i was in a rush before going out and already had anxiety about my hair about something else now I dont' feel like washing my hair again, but I'm paranoid I've damaged it.

Shug
April 5th, 2023, 11:09 AM
Hi today I accidentally got mouth wash on my hair, i was feeling anxious before going out and i spat it out my got some drops of motuhwash on it and the main active ingredient is hydrogen peroxide but low concentrations, will my hair be ok?

Maybe you should cut your hair if it’s causing you this much anxiety. Hair is resilient, you would have to literally coat it in peroxide/bleach for hours for it to fry your hair and ruin it.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:15 AM
I've had long hair for many years, I would want to die if i cut my hair

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:16 AM
I'm going through a rough time of anxiety, and I just was in a rush and i put my hair back when i spat out the mouth wash but it came foward again and some motuh wash got on it, i admit it was careless but yeah, never happened befre. i'm in shock about it.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:18 AM
It's 1.5% hydrogen peroxide, I don't know what to do on;y some drops got on it, it wasn't wet after i brushed it off but I haven't rinsed the hair and it's been an hour now.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:20 AM

thank you for your support

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:22 AM
OP, do you have someone help you with your anxiety? :flower:

No, but it's getting worse.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:23 AM
Maybe you should cut your hair if it’s causing you this much anxiety. Hair is resilient, you would have to literally coat it in peroxide/bleach for hours for it to fry your hair and ruin it.

how do u know that though, even a few drops could of damaged the cuticle. I want to know if I should wash it now or just leave it.

Shug
April 5th, 2023, 11:24 AM
I've had long hair for many years, I would want to die if i cut my hair

You’ve had long hair for years and it has endured probably much more than a couple drops of mouthwash, and yet it still looks healthy and not damaged. You would definitely be able to tell if you destroyed your hair, but nothing anyone says on here is going to help with the negative thought loop that you’re stuck in with your hair because people have given you much reassurance and advice and yet you’re still panicking over your hair and letting it destroy your life. I truly wish you the best, I can’t even imagine how exhausting it is to be paranoid about anything that touches your hair. Do you even enjoy having long hair anymore, does it bring you happiness? When something isn’t bringing you joy anymore and is beginning to ruin your life, it’s usually best to let it go .

Shug
April 5th, 2023, 11:24 AM
how do u know that though, even a few drops could of damaged the cuticle. I want to know if I should wash it now or just leave it.

How about I dump a whole bottle of mouthwash on my head and test this theory

SeppV
April 5th, 2023, 11:25 AM
No I don't but I have an anxiety disorder and ocd regarding my hair that is destroying my life.

As I said, I have anxiety and OCD as well. If that is what you have, you do NOT need reassurance, no one needs to tell you how unlikely it is that you have damaged your hair in this or that way, because your issue is that you want to be 100% sure about stuff regarding your hair, and you can't be. OCD is really bad in that it just expands when fed with the whole reassurance cycle, as you are telling your brain "this is important, I need to panic about this" when you are spending time on it. I hope you can get professional help, if you havent. I can recommend warmly CBT. The reassurance seeking cycle is crucial to stop to ever get anywhere. Letting that panic come and go without googling/asking etc.... believe me, I know it's almost impossible, but if you don't want to be tortured anymore - there are ways to get a whole lot better.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:26 AM
You’ve had long hair for years and it has endured probably much more than a couple drops of mouthwash, and yet it still looks healthy and not damaged. You would definitely be able to tell if you destroyed your hair, but nothing anyone says on here is going to help with the negative thought loop that you’re stuck in with your hair because people have given you much reassurance and advice and yet you’re still panicking over your hair and letting it destroy your life. I truly wish you the best, I can’t even imagine how exhausting it is to be paranoid about anything that touches your hair. Do you even enjoy having long hair anymore, does it bring you happiness? When something isn’t bringing you joy anymore and is beginning to ruin your life, it’s usually best to let it go .

yes i do, I would still rather have long hair.

Shug
April 5th, 2023, 11:26 AM
As I said, I have anxiety and OCD as well. If that is what you have, you do NOT need reassurance, no one needs to tell you how unlikely it is that you have damaged your hair in this or that way, because your issue is that you want to be 100% sure about stuff regarding your hair, and you can't be. OCD is really bad in that it just expands when fed with the whole reassurance cycle, as you are telling your brain "this is important, I need to panic about this" when you are spending time on it. I hope you can get professional help, if you havent. I can recommend warmly CBT. The reassurance seeking cycle is crucial to stop to ever get anywhere. Letting that panic come and go without googling/asking etc.... believe me, I know it's almost impossible, but if you don't want to be tortured anymore - there are ways to get a whole lot better.

I had a very positive experience with CBT too and it changed my life for the better :toast:

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:27 AM
How about I dump a whole bottle of mouthwash on my head and test this theory

please don't

lapushka
April 5th, 2023, 11:29 AM
No, but it's getting worse.

I'm so sorry. Wish we could help ease the anxiety, but I'm betting that nothing we do or say is doing anything?

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:31 AM
I'm so sorry. Wish we could help ease the anxiety, but I'm betting that nothing we do or say is doing anything?

should I rise my hair with water? , I'm paranoid the hair is going to lighten in color where the mouthwash touched the hair.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:33 AM
rinse, sorry I'm still a bit paralyzed with fear and anxiety. I can't believe I was that careless.

Shug
April 5th, 2023, 11:35 AM
please don't

Just proves SeppV’s point about the reassurance seeking cycle that I could go and dump the whole bottle on my head and show you and reassure you that it doesn’t damage the hair, but it still won’t help because of the deeper underlying issues here

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:36 AM
Just proves SeppV’s point about the reassurance seeking cycle that I could go and dump the whole bottle on my head and show you and reassure you that it doesn’t damage the hair, but it still won’t help because of the deeper underlying issues here

lol, no it's because I don't want you to damage your hair! I really don't.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:38 AM
I'm just wondering what is the correct response to an accident like this do I jsut rinse the hair. It was never submerged or soaking with it, there were droplets on the surface the majority of the mouthwash went down the drain.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:39 AM
i jsut feel an intense shame for having the accident, and I'm worried about it lightening the color now, so want to rinse even though I really don't want too as It's tiresome to do.

Shug
April 5th, 2023, 11:41 AM
lol, no it's because I don't want you to damage your hair! I really don't.

Hair is strong!! Lol
Don’t worry I’ll just shave it off if you’re right and it ruins my hair ;) and grow it back from bald to classic

filip
April 5th, 2023, 11:44 AM
Hair is strong!! Lol
Don’t worry I’ll just shave it off if you’re right and it ruins my hair ;) and grow it back from bald to classic

Please don't, I wouldn't feel right if you did that. It wouldn't be a fair experiment, of course the whole bottle will be damaging, so yeah please don't. haha. Thank you.

lapushka
April 5th, 2023, 12:00 PM
Please don't, I wouldn't feel right if you did that. It wouldn't be a fair experiment, of course the whole bottle will be damaging, so yeah please don't. haha. Thank you.

It's not damaging. It won't do a thing. It's not like it's bleach, is it? :) The only thing that's in there is alcohol, and that is a bit drying, potentially, but that's it. Just stick to facts.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 12:02 PM
The active ingredient is hydrogen peroxide which they can use to ligten hair but it's in 1.5% dosage i'm worried if I dont rinse it off it will lighten the hair but it was never submerged only drops and I just brushed it off with my hand, I don't; think the hair was damp with it

filip
April 5th, 2023, 12:04 PM
Damage to the hair cuticle
The cuticle is the outer layer of your hair. It protects and helps strengthen it.

Lightening your hair with hydrogen peroxide can damage the cuticle, because the hydrogen peroxide needs to enter through your hair cuticle to dye the hair. Cuticle damage can lead to breakage, split ends, and frizz.

Deep conditioner treatments will help reduce damage to the hair cuticle.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 12:05 PM
i can't believe this, even a fw drops may of caused damagei better wash it in case it eats away at the hair

lapushka
April 5th, 2023, 12:07 PM
filip, dude, calm down. I know it's rough, but what's done is done. If that is your hair in the avatar, you have *amazing* hair. Please don't do anything rash. I would find that so terrible.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 12:08 PM
yes that is my hair last year, thanks

filip
April 5th, 2023, 12:08 PM
the pic was after a cut, but then i cut it again but since grown it out it's a bit longer now I think, could do with a trim at the ends thogugh.

lapushka
April 5th, 2023, 12:09 PM
yes that is my hair last year, thanks

My goodness, you have trigger fingers, your reactions are like we're in a chat. :lol: Anyway, your hair looks lovely, I'm sure it's gonna be *just fine*!

filip
April 5th, 2023, 12:10 PM
filip, dude, calm down. I know it's rough, but what's done is done. If that is your hair in the avatar, you have *amazing* hair. Please don't do anything rash. I would find that so terrible.

I'm not doing anything rash I just want to rinse it with water, I'm worried my hair is getting burned by the chemical. It was never soaking with it, I don't understand about chemistry enough to understand what I should do.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 12:10 PM
I have some grey hairs, I was thinking I want to dye it with wella fresh hair dye as it's non damaging, I want to go a darker color. I was going to ask here if that would dry out my curls?

filip
April 5th, 2023, 12:13 PM
I'm sorry when I post here it's always negative. I don't know what is going on with me. I do need some kind of help I know that but it's hard to get.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 12:14 PM
My goodness, you have trigger fingers, your reactions are like we're in a chat. :lol: Anyway, your hair looks lovely, I'm sure it's gonna be *just fine*!

if it were normal mouth wash I wouldn't worry, nut the ingredient hydrogen peroxide just makes me extremely nervous.

LongLocke
April 5th, 2023, 12:36 PM
My dude. You gotta soak it in 3% for at least half an hour to have any kind of effect. <1.5% (the fact it was in your mouth automatically diluted it to less than 1.5%) surface exposure for a few seconds before being wiped up ain’t doing anything. Next time, just run a bit of water over the area to mop up any splash and to dilute any residual any more

You REALLY need to find a professional. You’re going to give yourself an ulcer with all this worrying

lapushka
April 5th, 2023, 12:39 PM
My dude. You gotta soak it in 3% for at least half an hour to have any kind of effect. <1.5% (the fact it was in your mouth automatically diluted it to less than 1.5%) surface exposure for a few seconds before being wiped up ain’t doing anything. Next time, just run a bit of water over the area to mop up any splash and to dilute any residual any more

You REALLY need to find a professional. You’re going to give yourself an ulcer with all this worrying

^^ Agree. We really are powerless here, and man, I think on top of it you're wanting to dye it now? What ingredient do you think is in hair dye? Right! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
April 5th, 2023, 12:50 PM
If you are thinking of dying your hair, know that dye causes damage to hair. How much damage you are prepared to put up with is up to you.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 01:23 PM
I don't know I feel sometimes I'm cursed or something. I actually got a compliment at the supermarket last week from an older lady, who said my hair was great. I was feeling so good about it. Then I run into that bug sray and since then it's just been madness. Sometiems I feel like someone has a voodoo doll or something.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 01:25 PM
I don't want my hair to distract from my work but at the same I can't live without my long hair. I don't feel myself without it, thats why any threat to it I take like a threat to my life.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 01:28 PM

Well I hope you're right I might just take a shower and just wash my hair in cold water. Maybe that will alleviate my worry, if I don't notice any difference after that it probably hasn't had any affect. My mum told me that I would notice that it changed colour or it's breaking apart if it had damaged it.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 01:29 PM
My mum thinks i'm crazy and told me nothing has happened. She said that the 1.5% ingredient is mixed with other ingredients so it's a very low concentration.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 01:29 PM
I told her it's because I'm a giy with long hair I feel extra self conscious about my hair, I woud hate for people to think i don't care of it and just have it long out of laziness.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 01:31 PM
Once I put the thought in my head it doesn't go away, only with time when I can see there is no difference. Even if I think about other sutff it comes back, but the thing is I was thinking something else was wrong before this happened and now this has replaced the last thing kind of.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 01:34 PM
I'm still worried a bit about the last thing, but it's like a power is saying oh you think you've damaged your hair well i'm really going to damage it and then you will know it's like and you will wish you never thought such things. I feel a sense of doom a lot. Recently that's how I feel I have no idea why but it affects my work. I don't' want to cut my hair though as that would be worse but I'm just always looking back and thinking my hair was better last week and thinking what I've done to damage it since then. Well at least I am doing that after an accident, if I feel like I'm happy with the way it looks again and it's as good as before that feeling will disappear and I'll forget about what happened.

LongLocke
April 5th, 2023, 01:39 PM
I told her it's because I'm a giy with long hair I feel extra self conscious about my hair, I woud hate for people to think i don't care of it and just have it long out of laziness.

I’m a guy as well. Trust me, unless it looks like a rats nest that hasn’t seen soap in months, nobody is thinking that you don’t take care of it

As for 1.5% peroxide doing any damage, your mom is correct. There is no way. I’m an engineer by trade, so I have some knowledge of chemistry. That mouthwash is so diluted to prevent people from getting sick if they ingest it. It is definitely diluted enough to keep it from damaging cuticles

And even with 3% peroxide that would be used to lighten, you only need to rinse with cold water to get it put of the hair. And it has to be done on clean hair that has no product in it. Conditioners and leave ins will make it more difficult for the peroxide to do its job

filip
April 5th, 2023, 01:51 PM
I’m a guy as well. Trust me, unless it looks like a rats nest that hasn’t seen soap in months, nobody is thinking that you don’t take care of it

As for 1.5% peroxide doing any damage, your mom is correct. There is no way. I’m an engineer by trade, so I have some knowledge of chemistry. That mouthwash is so diluted to prevent people from getting sick if they ingest it. It is definitely diluted enough to keep it from damaging cuticles

And even with 3% peroxide that would be used to lighten, you only need to rinse with cold water to get it put of the hair. And it has to be done on clean hair that has no product in it. Conditioners and leave ins will make it more difficult for the peroxide to do its job

Ok thank you my panic attack is subsiding a little, I think I should just rinse it all out and maybe I'd feel better. Though It's been hours now. I still feel very frantic and out of control. I have been thinking of taking CBD oil to try and make myself not care about things outside of my control. Not sure if it would work.

SeppV
April 5th, 2023, 02:15 PM
Filip, if you are thinking of anything medical, I would reach for two things first: egg whites (raw) and/or St. John's Wort. You can use raw egg whites in smoothies. Two egg whites every day. We can eat eggs raw in Norway, so make sure to check if that's even safe in your country first, though. St John's Wort helped me a lot with my anxiety. In some places of the world, doctors suggest this before putting patients on SSRIs. This is much less invasive than CBD oil. I was told to take St John's Wort by my psychiatrist. (it counter interacts with some medications though, so if you are on other medications, it's wise to make sure it doesn't affect the medications you are already on)

I don't think cutting of your hair would help. As you said yourself, one worry is followed by the next. A very common pattern in OCD. The issue isn't what happened (in this case, the peroxide) but the illness you are suffering from (the OCD).

filip
April 5th, 2023, 02:42 PM
Filip, if you are thinking of anything medical, I would reach for two things first: egg whites (raw) and/or St. John's Wort. You can use raw egg whites in smoothies. Two egg whites every day. We can eat eggs raw in Norway, so make sure to check if that's even safe in your country first, though. St John's Wort helped me a lot with my anxiety. In some places of the world, doctors suggest this before putting patients on SSRIs. This is much less invasive than CBD oil. I was told to take St John's Wort by my psychiatrist. (it counter interacts with some medications though, so if you are on other medications, it's wise to make sure it doesn't affect the medications you are already on)

I don't think cutting of your hair would help. As you said yourself, one worry is followed by the next. A very common pattern in OCD. The issue isn't what happened (in this case, the peroxide) but the illness you are suffering from (the OCD).

Hello, I don't like eggs so I'd rather not eat egg whites, I generally avoid dairy with the exception of cheese. I might try st john's wort I am familiar with it. Yes you are correct the OCD is really bad in me, even after rinsing my hair in water now and conditioning a little, I imediately regret conditioning it and not being more gentle with my hair when washing in the shower, although I didn't really do anything wrong I am just usually more gentle I was going a bit quickly. I need to calm down. I might try st john worst but I think in my case i might need something like CBD, because my brain can overpower chemicals very easily, I need it to be subdued. My imagination plays tricks on me, it tells me I damaged it because I'm going too fast and things like that, although I didn't notice any breakage. Just insanity believing things without strong evidence, I get upset when I am off course, and not doing things the way I think I should do them.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 03:14 PM
It's not damaging. It won't do a thing. It's not like it's bleach, is it? :) The only thing that's in there is alcohol, and that is a bit drying, potentially, but that's it. Just stick to facts.

that's part of the problem having the potential for such good hair, makes u always want to live up to some goal that you set.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 03:16 PM
i rinsed my hair and i feel worse for it, because i conditioned it also and i shouldn't have done that as i conditioned it already a little this morning but not a lot. now it's prob too much. I'm drinking hot chocolate and trying to relax though as it dries. I don't want another night like this again. tomorrow i will wash it with shampoo in the afternoon and skip conditioner hopefully it will dry nicely.

embee
April 5th, 2023, 03:48 PM
I'm glad you rinsed it off. That's always a good idea if you get something you don't like on it. You really only need to rinse the little bit of hair that got mouthwash on it, not your whole head of hair! :) Just say a bad word and stick that bit of hair under the water faucet and then dry it off, you're good to go. :) You can do this, you're much stronger than you realize. :) Your hair is lovely. I am envious. My hair is so thin and straight.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 05:43 PM
I'm glad you rinsed it off. That's always a good idea if you get something you don't like on it. You really only need to rinse the little bit of hair that got mouthwash on it, not your whole head of hair! :) Just say a bad word and stick that bit of hair under the water faucet and then dry it off, you're good to go. :) You can do this, you're much stronger than you realize. :) Your hair is lovely. I am envious. My hair is so thin and straight.

THank you, straight hair is cool too. My hair is just very curly, but it's hard to optimize the curls so they look their best always. I guess it's easier for my hair to hold volume after I come out of the showwer, but i've seen people with straight hair that has volume too, so no idea. My hair is fine but curly.

filip
April 5th, 2023, 05:44 PM
To get volume I usually brush it back at the roots with paddle brush at the front parting of the hair. That usually gives it lift that holds pretty well.

GordonMurphella
April 6th, 2023, 04:15 AM
I don't want my hair to distract from my work but at the same I can't live without my long hair. I don't feel myself without it, thats why any threat to it I take like a threat to my life.

Please, filip, get some help for your unreasonable fears. Also, I'm going to remind you this forum is public, and perhaps not the best place for such a detailed exposure of one's issues. I mean this kindly please, and with concern.

filip
April 6th, 2023, 06:50 AM
I'm not scared I haven't given out my full name or address and even if I did I'm not scared. I can handle myself.

filip
April 6th, 2023, 06:54 AM
Now I'm getting delusions that I pulled my hair out as it feels thinner on one side or something. That's what I was worried about before the mouthwash incident. I think I am at the point now where I just accept I cant undo anything, so may as well get on with my life and stop worrying. I don't want to destroy my life.

filip
April 6th, 2023, 06:55 AM
SO yeah thank you to everyone, you won't hear any more crazy posts like this anymore from me. I'm done. I'll just post about tryijng to maintain curls and deposit hair dye, I'm going to go grey eventually. So When I do I want to handle that well. I already have greys, I'd rather color my hair than just go grey.

filip
April 6th, 2023, 06:56 AM
I'm 36 years old I'm lucky as a man to have had such nice hair for many years, and still nice.

filip
April 6th, 2023, 06:58 AM
I#ve had very long hair since 2015, although I cut it in like 2018 to my shoulders. I also did a straight perm at one point because I went through a phase of wanting straight hair. Curky hair can drive u nuts. At one point I had long curls down to my waist but I never took many photos of it I have a few, I didn't know as much as I do now about hair care when it was that long though. THat was back in 2017-2018

lapushka
April 6th, 2023, 07:37 AM
SO yeah thank you to everyone, you won't hear any more crazy posts like this anymore from me. I'm done. I'll just post about tryijng to maintain curls and deposit hair dye, I'm going to go grey eventually. So When I do I want to handle that well. I already have greys, I'd rather color my hair than just go grey.

I'm 36 years old I'm lucky as a man to have had such nice hair for many years, and still nice.

See, those are *positive* things! You can do it. I don't mind all this, but you may mind down the line, as GordonMurphella already said, this is real public! And it may not be the nicest thing to look back on from your POV, in your posting history... you know?

ETA/
And for having such fears, with a straight perm and all you already did to your hair... it doesn't jive... really... That is so very odd to me.

embee
April 6th, 2023, 12:12 PM
Now I'm getting delusions that I pulled my hair out as it feels thinner on one side or something. That's what I was worried about before the mouthwash incident. I think I am at the point now where I just accept I cant undo anything, so may as well get on with my life and stop worrying. I don't want to destroy my life.

Many (most?) people have more hair on one side than on the other. That's just how it grows. Odd. Annoying. Nothing to worry about. Some people find hair on one side grows much faster. We had a member here named The Countess, and her hair was much longer on one side, and not from trimming either. That's how it grew.

filip
April 6th, 2023, 02:03 PM
I regretted doing the straight perm, and that was long time ago, I have no straight permed hair left. It's all natural now

filip
April 6th, 2023, 02:04 PM
I don't give two bleep about this being a public forum, I don't give two bleep what people think of me. I don't care, no problem looking back on it. I'm not ashamed of anything, people can think what they want I don't care. I have nothing to feel embaressed or ashamed about in my view. Thanks.

filip
April 6th, 2023, 02:06 PM
See, those are *positive* things! You can do it. I don't mind all this, but you may mind down the line, as GordonMurphella already said, this is real public! And it may not be the nicest thing to look back on from your POV, in your posting history... you know?

ETA/
And for having such fears, with a straight perm and all you already did to your hair... it doesn't jive... really... That is so very odd to me.

Well I don't know why you can't make sense of it, that was then this is now, and then at least it was damage I accepted as a way to get an end result. In the end I regretted it, all that hair has been cut off, I don't have any straight hair left so it's history now. It's something I regret doing but whatever it wasn't like it was permanent it's gone. The point is whatever damage I suffered with that it was to achieve the end result, random chemicals that I may get on my hair by accident which do not give me any desired result bother me, just as they would of done when I had the straight perm in the past. Thanks.

filip
April 6th, 2023, 02:09 PM
ok doesn't matter

GordonMurphella
April 7th, 2023, 04:27 AM
Well I don't know why you can't make sense of it, that was then this is now, and then at least it was damage I accepted as a way to get an end result. In the end I regretted it, all that hair has been cut off, I don't have any straight hair left so it's history now. It's something I regret doing but whatever it wasn't like it was permanent it's gone. The point is whatever damage I suffered with that it was to achieve the end result, random chemicals that I may get on my hair by accident which do not give me any desired result bother me, just as they would of done when I had the straight perm in the past. Thanks.

Lapushka is trying to help. As are we all. I think you owe her an apology, but that's just me.

GordonMurphella
April 7th, 2023, 04:30 AM
I don't give two bleep about this being a public forum, I don't give two bleep what people think of me. I don't care, no problem looking back on it. I'm not ashamed of anything, people can think what they want I don't care. I have nothing to feel embaressed or ashamed about in my view. Thanks.

And frankly, this is uncalled for.

filip
April 7th, 2023, 04:46 AM
yeah I know people are trying to help, but I'm just not a very happy person right now ok.

filip
April 7th, 2023, 04:47 AM
I appreciate all the help, if anyone feels disrespected then sorry, but I'm not in a stable frame of mind right now.

filip
April 7th, 2023, 04:49 AM
And frankly, this is uncalled for.

i got angry because I'm not scared of anyone bring it just because I get all down about my hair doesn't mean i'm weak in other ways. I have issues I'm very self conscious about my hair and appearance. I may as well be honest about it, I'm not ashamed to admit it to anyone, if anyone wants to start **** with me and call me a wuss or whateer then that's fine I'm not scared of anyone.

filip
April 7th, 2023, 04:54 AM
now i'm upset that my hair is dry i can't even go outside because my skin and hard are dry, all this **** started from the my original post about that bug spray, I overreacted and dried out my hair and shampoo then seemed ot get worse and worse finding new problems, it all got triggered from that, the anxiety i felt from that triggered me to make mistakes and get more anxious. I'm at the point now my skin feels dry i'm leaving my hair alone for a day and my skin. I'm not showering. I can't even go outside, so I'm little ratty due to the way I've been feeling recently so i'm sorry. I only have myself to blame.

I started getting delusional that i broke my hair off when i just laid down for a nap, i started getting really paranoid and it was all triggered and started from the original post. before that happened someone complimented me and my hair and maybe that was a bad omen because it made me feel like i had something to live up too. i can't take pressure i just can't take it.

because i got up from laying on the bed the other day, and my the front of my hair was like on the other side of my head and there was a big gap exposed and it looked like i had lost hair or something, and it really made me crazy. but then i thought about it and i would of felt it or seen evidence of broken off hairs if that happened. so i doubt that happen but the worrying feeling still hasn't gone away. i keep looking and think is it the same as before is it more thin than before,, but nothing i can do. this is my hair now i have to del with it. probably is the same i'm just a very delusional person.

filip
April 7th, 2023, 04:54 AM
I'm sorry for whoever I offended, I know you're nice people. I appreciate all the help. Thank you.

lapushka
April 7th, 2023, 05:51 AM
I'm sorry for whoever I offended, I know you're nice people. I appreciate all the help. Thank you.

Appreciate it, because *nobody* called you *any* names. And we are all just trying to help.

Chromis
April 7th, 2023, 03:13 PM
A note from the Moderators: Please keep in mind the community standards when posting...excerpts below, with highlighting.

In general, if you OR the forum software have to "*" out letters, you probably shouldn't be using that word (unless you are using terms that attract pervs and ******ists).

Essentially, take a step back and cool off, and post a message that isn't heavily influenced by emotion.

For those times when you just have to blow off steam, there are other forums/blogging software/etc. that allows much less limited content.

Terms of Service (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/index.php?page=tos)

4. Post Content
Since minors are allowed to be members at TLHC, a “PG-13 rating” standard applies. Violent/sexual language, dating/sexual propositions, profanity, nude images and links to them, . . . . Please report any posts or content that are questionable. In addition, standard rules for written English apply, and “kewl” talk or “txt” speak is not permitted. For our English as a Second Language members, their best efforts at standard English are appreciated.

filip
April 9th, 2023, 12:13 PM
i got a bit of kiwi juice on my hair from biting down on a kiwi so i rinsed the hair with water only is this an over reaction? I did so because I read lemon juice can lighten hair and so i didn't want kwii doing that even if was just a little bit it mde me worry.

lapushka
April 9th, 2023, 01:35 PM
i got a bit of kiwi juice on my hair from biting down on a kiwi so i rinsed the hair with water only is this an over reaction? I did so because I read lemon juice can lighten hair and so i didn't want kwii doing that even if was just a little bit it mde me worry.

It's fine, stop worrying. It's nothing. It can not hurt. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
April 9th, 2023, 01:45 PM
If you're that worried you could tuck your hair up under a cap to protect it, when you eat and otherwise. So nothing can land on it.

filip
April 9th, 2023, 02:14 PM
well i rinsed my whole hair with water... even though i didn't want too the thought of the acid on my hair worried me

GordonMurphella
April 10th, 2023, 03:59 AM

This is so not healthy. Please, for your own sake, try to relax. Grow your hair because you enjoy it, not to make your every move suspect. Again, I say this with nothing but concern. And now I think I'm out. Pax, OP.

lapushka
April 10th, 2023, 05:12 AM
This is so not healthy. Please, for your own sake, try to relax. Grow your hair because you enjoy it, not to make your every move suspect. Again, I say this with nothing but concern. And now I think I'm out. Pax, OP.

Agree, it's a terrible life that way if you have to be concerned of your every move. You may try and find some of those caps they use in the food industry, to keep their hair safe. Wear it, when preparing food, cooking, and when you think something can "get on it". And try updos. I mean, don't wear your hair down.

filip
April 11th, 2023, 11:36 AM
I'm sorry for being rude a few days ago, I didn't mean it. I think at least maybe these posts can serve as a reminder not to allow anxiety get the better of you.

Ylva
April 11th, 2023, 02:04 PM
I'm sorry for being rude a few days ago, I didn't mean it. I think at least maybe these posts can serve as a reminder not to allow anxiety get the better of you.

I hope you are feeling more at ease!

GordonMurphella
April 12th, 2023, 03:44 AM

And perhaps to not lash out at folks trying to help. Glad you're feeling better.