PDA

View Full Version : Forget other goals, *this* is what I been waiting for!!

Hypnotica
November 17th, 2008, 12:40 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3270/3039067882_a63166cb96_m.jpg

HA! It only took hip length hair to make a Figure8 that don't fall apart three seconds after I made it!

Now I feel like a longhair.

lawyermom
November 17th, 2008, 12:42 PM
beautiful!

granitbaby
November 17th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Gorgeous!
The fork matches your hair so well. Beautiful color by the way. :flower:

Tabitha
November 17th, 2008, 12:43 PM
You mean I have to wait for HIP to achieve this?

Beautiful fork - is it applejack? looks so good with your hair colour.

Gumball
November 17th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Amazing figure 8, Hypnotica! Your color and shine make it even more radiant! That's a wonderful goal to reach. :)

Forlorn Reverie
November 17th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Your hair looks stunning!

Hypnotica
November 17th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Gorgeous!

I love the fork. It looks kind of dangerous...

You mean I have to wait for HIP to achieve this?

Beautiful fork - is it applejack? looks so good with your hair colour.

Well - I'm ii with a upper body of about 40 inches....I guess that you have to wait a bit longer :) Have you tried yet?

Yes, it's applejack - probably my favourite dymondwood. BF says it looks "poisonous".

Hypnotica
November 17th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Amazing figure 8, Hypnotica! Your color and shine make it even more radiant! That's a wonderful goal to reach. :)

And I have already a new goal - braided Chinese bun. That will take a while...

Tabitha
November 17th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Well - I'm ii with a upper body of about 40 inches....I guess that you have to wait a bit longer :) Have you tried yet?

Yes, it's applejack - probably my favourite dymondwood. BF says it looks "poisonous".

Yep I've tried. I managed it once a few months ago, just long enough to take a photo and never managed again - though I try periodically, it just falls out. I'm around 30-31" I think and my thickness means it takes me longer to do most styles than many other people.

I love applejack too, that's how I recognised it - I have a 2-prong square-ended 60th St fork very like the one in your photo (apart from the missing 3rd prong, obviously :rolleyes:)

Hypnotica
November 17th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Yep I've tried. I managed it once a few months ago, just long enough to take a photo and never managed again - though I try periodically, it just falls out. I'm around 30-31" I think and my thickness means it takes me longer to do most styles than many other people.

I love applejack too, that's how I recognised it - I have a 2-prong square-ended 60th St fork very like the one in your photo (apart from the missing 3rd prong, obviously :rolleyes:)

Well, if you haven't tried it - I can't do the figure 8 by flipping the coil upwards. I need to start high on the head and then flipping the coil down instead. That means that the ends are on the upper coil and gets more secure as you starting securing the whole thing from the top.

GlassEyes
November 17th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I was just thinking that the fork looks poisonous, like a snake or a brightly colored frog.

It's nice. ^_^

Fencai
November 17th, 2008, 01:24 PM
that's awesome!!!! I love your color and that fork is awesome!!!!!

LutraLutra
November 17th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Oh wow, that looks great. Cool fork too.

MissMaryMac
November 17th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Looks beautiful! I love your color. :)

Dolly
November 17th, 2008, 01:38 PM
It is gorgeous! Congratulations!

Sarahmoon
November 17th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Congrats! That hair fork is beautiful by the way.

lora410
November 17th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Fabulous, just fabulous. The color, shine, 8, and fork all look amazing!!

Islandgrrl
November 17th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Oh, that's just gorgeous, Hypnotica. Beautiful fork, beautiful hair.

mimi1153
November 17th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Looks great, I wondered why it looked a little different - then I read you pulled it down instead of up - - I like it!!! Go ahead and try the braided chinese, you might be able to do it. Mine is tbl and I can get one secured pretty well. Good luck!! :cheese:

StephanieB
November 17th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I too wondered why your figure 8 looked a little different than others I've seen.

I LOVE the color of the fork; it's fabulous in your hair!! :D

Gorgeous!

Amoretti
November 17th, 2008, 02:43 PM
It's really pretty!!!

Nightshade
November 17th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Very lovely, my dear :flowers:

Angellen
November 17th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Congrats! It looks FABULOUS. :inlove:

I'm surprised that you can do a fig. 8 but not a braided Chinese bun. I could do a BCB at around waist but am still struggling with the fig. 8 at (almost) tailbone. Go figure, eh? (The BCB was the first bun I successfully mastered after the cinnabun, so I hold it dear in my heart...) Good luck mastering that one! I'm sure you'll get it soon. :D

Isilme
November 17th, 2008, 03:16 PM
wow! That looks smashing! You are so lucky to be able to wear red against your red hair, it looks really good :)

Vitalai
November 17th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Congratulations! :cheer: You wear that fork well in your stunning hair!

~GypsyCurls~
November 17th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Gorgeous! The fork is a perfect match for your hair too :)

darkwaves
November 17th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I'd call that gorgeous!

ajr
November 17th, 2008, 07:47 PM
My favorite hairstyle and it looks great on you. Question, is that fork from 60th street or no?

Aisha25
November 17th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Congratulations:thumbsup: and that fork is very nice it matches your hair:wink:

Boots
November 17th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Great fork. Do you wear emerald or dark green toys?

tigerlily83
November 17th, 2008, 08:10 PM
That is just stunning...your red hair and the red/black fork. Love the updo, too!

CaityBear
November 17th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I love your hair colour; it's gorgeous.

I have to say I'll be quite excited to be able to do that with my hair. So far I can do...half a figure-8? lol

skay
November 17th, 2008, 08:59 PM
HA! It only took hip length hair to make a Figure8 that don't fall apart three seconds after I made it!

Now I feel like a longhair.

Congratulations, Hypnotica, on reaching your goal. Hip length - awesome! I agree you are a longhair.

And I like how the color of your hair fork is a perfect match with your fiery hair! :)

MountainGypsy
November 17th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Beautiful! What an amazing fork by the way!

Hypnotica
November 17th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Looks great, I wondered why it looked a little different - then I read you pulled it down instead of up - - I like it!!! Go ahead and try the braided chinese, you might be able to do it. Mine is tbl and I can get one secured pretty well. Good luck!! :cheese:

I'm sure that it is possible but I think it would look like a little knob instead of a nice bun.

Very lovely, my dear :flowers:

Thank you, dear. :D

Congrats! It looks FABULOUS. :inlove:

I'm surprised that you can do a fig. 8 but not a braided Chinese bun. I could do a BCB at around waist but am still struggling with the fig. 8 at (almost) tailbone. Go figure, eh? (The BCB was the first bun I successfully mastered after the cinnabun, so I hold it dear in my heart...) Good luck mastering that one! I'm sure you'll get it soon. :D

Maye it's just my pickiness about buns - I want them to be large.

My favorite hairstyle and it looks great on you. Question, is that fork from 60th street or no?

You are quite right! It is a 60th street.

Great fork. Do you wear emerald or dark green toys?

It happens. I don't have many of them at the moment. I used to have a green Graydog, but that is sold due to being too short.

Katze
November 17th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Wow. Your hair and that "poisonous" fork look stunning together. You always have such beautiful hair pics, too - great lighting, fabulous color.

And congrats on the 'do. :)

Hypnotica
November 17th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Wow. Your hair and that "poisonous" fork look stunning together. You always have such beautiful hair pics, too - great lighting, fabulous color.

And congrats on the 'do. :)

Trust me - that pic isn't that great in it's original size. The camera is very good at picking up stray hairs and frizzyness.

Aditi
November 17th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Gorgeous!

I definitely agree, your hair is looking awesome:)

rileysmama32208
November 18th, 2008, 03:48 AM
gorgeous!!! i just love the color of your hair :)

Curlsgirl
November 18th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Very pretty Hypnotica!!!! (joins thud club) :D

I am surprised that so many of you can't do a figure 8 until so much longer. My hair is very thick and I can do one now. I am not even at waist yet. Of course my back waist length is very long so not sure how long my hair really is.

elrowiel
November 18th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Awesome hair, bun and fork.
I really love the picture. :)

joyfulmom4
November 18th, 2008, 09:07 AM
That's lovely! Your fork looks gorgeous in it too. Very nice.

sahiba
November 18th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Its a gorgeous picture.

paper
November 18th, 2008, 04:44 PM
That is a pretty updo. Congrats!

Igor
November 18th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Beautiful :thudpile:

rymorg2
November 18th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Very pretty Hypnotica!!!! (joins thud club) :D

I am surprised that so many of you can't do a figure 8 until so much longer. My hair is very thick and I can do one now. I am not even at waist yet. Of course my back waist length is very long so not sure how long my hair really is.

NO FAIR!!!! When my hair was that long I wasn't even close! How thick is your ponytail? Mine varies between 4 and 4.5 inches.

rymorg2
November 18th, 2008, 06:02 PM
lovely bun and lovely fork hypnotica! Just realized I forgot to post originally.....:o