PDA

View Full Version : Extra Long Hairsticks?

Onebeauty
March 23rd, 2008, 12:58 PM
I'm looking for a place to get longer hairsticks. I like making my own with gemstones etc. and the hairstick blanks from Fire Mountain work for most styles. However, my thick hair is finally long enough to pull off a Chinese bun but the hairsticks are too short ... my hair kinda eats them LOL. Any suggestions for blanks or premade good quality hairsticks??

Thanks!

eadwine
March 23rd, 2008, 01:01 PM
I know amadlife0 on ebay makes custom hand turned sticks. You can contact him and ask. I just finished running a GO with him, and I had various usable lengths, even long ones :)

LilyMunster
March 23rd, 2008, 01:01 PM
I've seen 9 inch wood hairstick blanks on ebay very regularly.
HTH

SHADOWSCODE46
March 23rd, 2008, 01:03 PM
I'm looking for a place to get longer hairsticks. I like making my own with gemstones etc. and the hairstick blanks from Fire Mountain work for most styles. However, my thick hair is finally long enough to pull off a Chinese bun but the hairsticks are too short ... my hair kinda eats them LOL. Any suggestions for blanks or premade good quality hairsticks??

Thanks!

I'd like to know this too. I need longer sticks for my unruly hair.

By the way, how do you make your own gemstones? Is there a craft store that you buy from? I'd like to know this so maybe I can own a hair stick that is uniquely ME for a change :-)

Onebeauty
March 23rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
By the way, how do you make your own gemstones?

I don't actually make my own gemstones *blush*. I buy the stones from Fire Mountain online as well as the blanks. Then I use superglue, misc beads and findings, some super strength florist wire (I'm hard on my sticks) and go to work. Another great place to find interesting beads is the thrift store. Look at necklaces specifically for that special bead. You can buy a necklace for about a buck and have something totally unique! Love it!