PDA

View Full Version : Where do you part your hair?

strawberryfine
March 3rd, 2023, 11:07 AM
Where do you part your hair or if you don't part it, i.e. pull it straight back?

mochichichi
March 3rd, 2023, 12:29 PM
I usually don’t part it, but when I do I part in the middle.

Todd
March 3rd, 2023, 12:34 PM
Always in the middle.

Obsidian
March 3rd, 2023, 01:03 PM
When pulled back, no part. When it is parted, its always off to the side, side alternates on how my hair is behaving that day.

Braided Lady
March 3rd, 2023, 01:06 PM
Depends on the day and hairstyle. Generally I don't purposefully part it, but my hair will part itself down the middle if I do something fairly loose like an English braid. Buns I either part down the middle or pull it back. Sometimes if I leave it down I will do a side part, or, very occasionally, for some braided style.
ETA
I do purposefully vary my part if I have kept it one way for a while.

lapis_lazuli
March 3rd, 2023, 01:13 PM
Down the middle. It refuses to part any other way or be erased.

Bat
March 3rd, 2023, 01:21 PM
I sweep it back from my forehead when short but when longer I center part it

foreveryours
March 3rd, 2023, 01:42 PM
Straight back where the weight can subdue a nasty cowlick over my right eye

QuietVixen
March 3rd, 2023, 02:37 PM
I part my hair down the middle of my head.

BVU
March 3rd, 2023, 02:59 PM
Always middle, can't stand side parts,

mercylie
March 3rd, 2023, 03:18 PM
I part to the left, although sometimes the right. But definitely not as severely to the side as I used to in high school when I had the classic emo hairstyle :p

rosenester
March 3rd, 2023, 04:22 PM
I brush/part my bangs forward and the rest of my hair I just let it… be? It always parts itself slightly off center to the left no matter what I attempt to do to it. When I was a teenager and young twenties, it parted slightly to the left without bangs as well. :lol: I definitely don’t part my hair for probably over 15 years. If it wasn’t up in a bun for the last 24 hrs I would be taking a picture of the top of my head to see how it parted itself.

WednesdayAddams
March 3rd, 2023, 04:38 PM
On the side with the part to the left. Bangs part that way too.

floridaorchid
March 3rd, 2023, 05:59 PM
Down the middle. I was a side part-er for a really long time and made the switch about 6 months ago.

tuanyiji
March 3rd, 2023, 06:32 PM
I have been bunning solidly for so long that my hair no longer parts naturally lol. And I don’t intentionally part my hair anymore. Great for my hairline anyway.

shelomit
March 3rd, 2023, 09:08 PM
Straight down the center. It falls more or less that way naturally, though if I'm being picky I'll straighten out the part after washing my hair.

Iyashikei
March 4th, 2023, 02:52 AM
Down the middle when loose, straight back when I put it up.

Bri-Chan
March 4th, 2023, 05:47 AM
It parts in the middle but sometimes slightly more on the left.

illicitlizard
March 4th, 2023, 07:20 AM
I part on the left - approx in line with the arch of my eyebrow. I tried to change to the right but it felt so off-putting and wrong.

Centre part only when doing a double braided hair style. Don't centre part at other times because it makes my face look more asymmetrical and very long.

sofie
March 4th, 2023, 11:08 AM
I don't, it parts itself :rolling:
Usually it falls down the middle

Jess9891
March 5th, 2023, 11:30 AM
Mine is usually parted slightly to the right. It seems to want to part there. I've tried parting down the center before and even when wet it springs up some on the right side. Maybe it will be less resistant to center parting when the front sections get a little longer.

pumpkinsage
March 5th, 2023, 01:22 PM
I part my hair on my left side but it is still close to the middle. The side part is maybe 1-2cm from the middle part. I think it's most flattering for my face and my mom used to part my hair like this, only a little deeper to the side, and I just kinda stuck to it once I hit my mid 20s and grew my hair a bit. Whenever I was growing out my bangs and they were too short to side sweep though, I would part in the middle.

rozzi80
March 5th, 2023, 06:17 PM
My part moves around. Lately it has been in the middle.

Ada-banana
March 6th, 2023, 08:20 AM
Always on the left side of my head. I think a hairdresser said once it's because of a cowlick

rosmarinus
March 6th, 2023, 08:45 AM
Slightly right, almost in the middle

AbbyJo
March 6th, 2023, 10:38 AM
I used to only side part. If I wear it up I don't part it at all. And nowadays I'm enjoying a middle part occassionally.

MusicalSpoons
March 6th, 2023, 01:15 PM
I have it straight back when it's up, which is 99.9% of the time. When it's down, e.g. for drying, it parts itself just off-centre, I can't remember which side. On the very rare occasion I do a parting myself, I do it diagonally on the right, so it starts right-of-centre on my hairline and goes towards the centre as it goes back.

stardust lady
March 7th, 2023, 01:30 PM
I part mine slightly off center, or center. I used to do a deep side part, but then my hairline started to recede a bit, so now I like to keep it hidden.. haha.

sipnsun
March 7th, 2023, 03:59 PM
I part it off-center on the right side but it always ends up straight down the middle by the end of the day.

~MoonChild~
March 7th, 2023, 06:10 PM
I try to part middle but it's always a little off center. I like to do a side part occasionally.

fairy_hair
March 9th, 2023, 11:08 PM
My hair naturally parts to the centre-right because of a cowlick, but I wish it would lay nice and flat. I usually pull it back with no parting because it hangs weird otherwise! Oh well, I think it may suit me better brushed back neatly anyways. :)

pullanmuru
March 10th, 2023, 06:39 AM
I'd really really love to be one of those people that can rock the middle parting (wich seems to be everybody these days, except me). It just doesn't work with my face.

Mine is always on the right. My left eye is amblyopic which means it has really bad vision and I only use my right eye to focus. So I can't have my hair hanging over my right eye or I won't see a damn thing. Which is why I can't change my parting. I have an awful cowflick on the left side of my crown and I've tried a few times to change my parting to the left in a hope that it would sort of meet up with the cowflick and maybe make it a part of my parting but I couldn't stand the feeling of hair shadowing my right eye and blocking my view. So, on the right it is.

Kelp
March 10th, 2023, 06:23 PM
Straight down the middle for a tidy regulatory bun at work, but other than that I try not to part at all! For pretty buns I brush my hair back, and when my hair is down it's constantly being swept this way and that, getting flipped for volume, etc. I feel like when my hair is down and parted it loses all of it's volume up top and the wavy length looks rather bushy in comparison.

clairenewcastle
March 12th, 2023, 12:03 PM
As a child my grandmother gave me a central parting. Then as a teenager I parted my hair on the right side.

That was my go-to parting until I started losing hair in middle age. Suddenly I found it was best to let my hair fall into its own position which turned out to be just off centre. So I don't part it anymore, I just let it fall as it wants....I'm grateful to still have some hair.

ladyofthewoods
March 12th, 2023, 01:59 PM
Left side, slightly off center. I have a widow’s peak I read center doesn’t work

vampyyri
March 12th, 2023, 05:35 PM
Mine naturally parts to the right, so I lean into it with swooping side bangs to frame my face. As a kid it was in the middle, but when my texture changed from straight to wavy my natural part changed too I guess.

Swune
March 13th, 2023, 05:15 AM
My natural part is on the center left, but I switched to parting on the right or middle side in my teens when I noticed that I didn’t have as many baby hairs on my left side.

Fireyes08
March 13th, 2023, 01:10 PM
Usually just pulled straight back into a bun or braid. If I do intentionally part it, it’s usually just a little bit left of center.

caissafrass
March 14th, 2023, 01:23 PM
My hair naturally parts about an inch and a half left of the center, and I've got a VERY strong cowlick in the front, so I don't fight it.

LadyLongLocks
March 14th, 2023, 04:00 PM
Always in the center. My part often disappears while in a bun though. I love everything to be even so I have always had it in the center.

fairy_hair
March 16th, 2023, 12:53 AM
Straight down the middle for a tidy regulatory bun at work, but other than that I try not to part at all! For pretty buns I brush my hair back, and when my hair is down it's constantly being swept this way and that, getting flipped for volume, etc. I feel like when my hair is down and parted it loses all of it's volume up top and the wavy length looks rather bushy in comparison.

I find this too! I used to force it to be parted somewhere if it was down, but now I just don't force it to be parted at all and it ends up varying and being swept either way most of the time, of course it falls into its natural centre-right part atter a while of being down, but I must admit i prefer having less control/obssssion over it. It is what it is!

Joliebaby
March 16th, 2023, 01:02 AM
I'm the same way. It naturally parts somewhere in the middle, but can be a little this way or that. If I part it intentionally, it is most often in the middle, but sometimes on either side for fun. Like I will french or dutch braid from one side across the forehead and end in a plait on one side.

Salice
March 17th, 2023, 12:47 PM
Naturally my hair parts on the right, but somedays I try to part it in the middle. The middle part just doesn't hold very well if I don't put my hair up.

TatsuOni
March 18th, 2023, 04:02 AM
I part mine in the middle.

Nefcerka
March 18th, 2023, 05:18 AM
I don´t part at all at the moment. My hair is on the thin side, so some scalp shows anywhere it wants anyway, and zig-zag uneven part doesn´t bother me.

tsuki
March 18th, 2023, 02:06 PM
Usually in the middle, a bit to the right if I'm feeling adventurous.

SundtHår
April 10th, 2023, 05:41 AM
I always part in the middle as I've done my whole life 😊 I do like side parts on other people but for some reason, I feel like it doesn't suit me. Maybe it's just because I'm used to another look.

sarana
April 10th, 2023, 01:49 PM
I always part in the middle, my hair refuses to part any other way. A side part doesn't suit me.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 10th, 2023, 02:02 PM
I wear mine pulled straight back without a parting and bunned but if it is loose it naturally parts itself in the middle, which I don't mind.

janice2348
April 10th, 2023, 08:31 PM
It’s always been down the middle. I’ve tried to change it, to no avail ��

maborosi
April 11th, 2023, 08:21 PM
My part seems to naturally be a little bit left-of-center, so that's where I let it part.

mermaid lullaby
April 12th, 2023, 02:00 PM
I usually do a deep part on the right side.

embee
April 13th, 2023, 06:02 AM
I've had two main parting places in my life: center (with bangs) and slightly to my left (no bangs). Either one works ok, even now after years of no partings at all. :)

SevereLocks
April 14th, 2023, 06:30 PM
naturally its in the middle but its incredibly zig-zag tho i think that has its charm in its own way

rapunzelna
April 14th, 2023, 08:06 PM
Normally my part is in the middle but if I’m feeling adventurous I’ll part off center to the left which results in it falling over my right eye.

ProfessorPuffin
April 17th, 2023, 12:12 PM
Bangs go forward, everything else get split down the middle unless I'm doing something specific that it all gets swept back for. Like many others, I've found that attempts to move the part to either side just result in it migrating back to middle on its own anyway.

ArtOfNoot
April 17th, 2023, 12:55 PM
It's in a bun 90% of the time, and then I brush it straight back for my sleeping braid. When it is down I fidget with it and toss it around (bad habit, that's why it's always up) soooo, my part is wherever my hair lands? In highschool I used to keep it in a dramatic emo side part, like all the way over to the side of my head. Hahaha, I felt so cool :cool:

EDIT: I just realized I passed up 400 posts at some point! What have I been saying all this time?? Time really flies on here :D

spidermom
April 17th, 2023, 03:03 PM
Anywhere. Everywhere. I like to do a zigzag part when I'm making twin braids, but sometimes I'll start at a deep side part on either side and angle it toward the middle at the crown of my head, then straight down the middle of the back. Or I'll comb it straight back and let it fall as it will, usually crooked. I used to catch a lot of flack for my crooked part when I was a child, and I developed a deep resentment about parting my hair straight.

Artemisa
April 17th, 2023, 04:27 PM
Always in the middle, I am growing some short layers and that is a cleaner look for me at the moment.