PDA

View Full Version : Checking in After Salon Day

PixiAurora
February 20th, 2023, 05:23 PM
:heartbeat https://i.imgur.com/8ga4VIM.jpg :heartbeat https://i.imgur.com/OXD2e3E.jpg :heartbeat https://i.imgur.com/oPyF0ji.jpg :heartbeat

I had my brown underside redone, and highlights on the top of my head.
Hair was blow dried, given a few long layers, and then curled just for fun.
2nd time in my entire life I've used a curler, and I blow dry about once a year.
My natural curls actually look a little nicer, but what do you all think of both styles?

WednesdayAddams
February 20th, 2023, 06:43 PM
Wow, how pretty!

angel-baby
February 20th, 2023, 06:50 PM
Pretty! The highlights look great

PixiAurora
February 20th, 2023, 09:45 PM
Wow, how pretty!

Pretty! The highlights look great

Thank you both so much!!

lapushka
February 21st, 2023, 05:17 PM
Nice little freshen up. No joke, there's probably nothing remotely "little" about it, knowing what effort color can take at a salon. :D Very pretty.

Dark40
February 21st, 2023, 09:37 PM
I think all of the styles are very pretty! :)

spidermom
February 21st, 2023, 09:44 PM
The curls look great. That sign you're holding? So true (for me at least).

ExpectoPatronum
February 21st, 2023, 10:47 PM
Looks very pretty! It's nice to have things freshened up now and again.

rosenester
February 22nd, 2023, 07:11 AM
Wow, it looks beautiful!

illicitlizard
February 22nd, 2023, 07:59 AM
Looks so good!!! I'm jealous of how well your hair holds curl, mine was curled mid last year after a hair cut and the curls had completely fallen out within the hour!

The patience of both you and your stylist for highlights is admirable, I was told it would take hours if I were to go in with hair about your length :p but the end result is so wonderfully worth it

lapushka
February 22nd, 2023, 08:09 AM
Yep and so awesome they are willing to work with hair that long. Did they charge you more for long hair, the so-called "long hair fee"? If you "dare" have length over shoulder length they charge you €5 extra for a simple hair cut in some salons where I live, not all, but a good few. :rolleyes:

PixiAurora
February 26th, 2023, 10:06 AM
Nice little freshen up. No joke, there's probably nothing remotely "little" about it, knowing what effort color can take at a salon. :D Very pretty.

I think all of the styles are very pretty! :)

The curls look great. That sign you're holding? So true (for me at least).

Looks very pretty! It's nice to have things freshened up now and again.

Wow, it looks beautiful!

Thank you for these, I feel great knowing so many people like the salon work done!

PixiAurora
February 26th, 2023, 10:08 AM
Looks so good!!! I'm jealous of how well your hair holds curl, mine was curled mid last year after a hair cut and the curls had completely fallen out within the hour!

The patience of both you and your stylist for highlights is admirable, I was told it would take hours if I were to go in with hair about your length :p but the end result is so wonderfully worth it
Oh it's always a 3+ hour long appointment, and she's a champ for putting up with it! I'm her longest haired client and that feels like an accomplishment already. Also the curls did hold well but only for about 4 hours without any added spray or holding product added.

PixiAurora
February 26th, 2023, 10:09 AM
Yep and so awesome they are willing to work with hair that long. Did they charge you more for long hair, the so-called "long hair fee"? If you "dare" have length over shoulder length they charge you €5 extra for a simple hair cut in some salons where I live, not all, but a good few. :rolleyes:
So she does charge an extra $25 to do my color and highlights, but compared to the total, that's not much of an increase! What fees do you run into?