PDA

View Full Version : ⭐️ How To Do Your Best French Twist Ever!!! ⭐️

Whirly Girly
February 17th, 2023, 04:51 PM
Many people struggle with doing a French twist and often ask me how I do mine. I can’t even count how many complicated videos I’ve watched on youtube…a gazillion or more….but this is the best french twist video of ALL-TIME , in my books. :thumbsup:

I thought I’d share, for those needing a great method. Only 1 minute and 18 seconds, to show you how to do your most beautiful french twist ever.

Enjoy! :heartbeat

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CUUhZSMhECg

bluebellGA
February 17th, 2023, 06:32 PM
Agreed! I saw this video the other night and decided to try it out this morning. I did a deep treatment yesterday so my hair is super slippery today. I thought there was no way it would hold but it hasn't budged all day.

Für immer
February 18th, 2023, 06:31 AM
That works as long as your hair ain't too long.
The person in the video didn't have particularly long hair, to be honest.

Joyful Mystery
February 18th, 2023, 08:12 AM
That works as long as your hair ain't too long.
The person in the video didn't have particularly long hair, to be honest.

That was my first thought, too. Whirly Girly has thigh length hair so somehow she’s adapted it for her length.

Whirly Girly
February 18th, 2023, 01:53 PM
This method can be done with success no matter how long your hair is. I have a ton of extra hair gathered at the top when I do this twist, so I simply just fold it under the top area. The extra hair left at the bottom, I tuck under the twist.

It takes time to master it and a bit of tweaking to customize it, according to your length though. I still say this is the best method ever. :smile: Works amazing for me and I love the look.

I showed this pic in another thread, but here is a french twist I did a few days ago using this method.

https://i.ibb.co/0Xb7jZP/1082-AAF3-E2-D7-4264-97-EA-463-B13-AC9356.png (https://ibb.co/xsTkSGV)

Kat
February 18th, 2023, 04:13 PM
I wondered about that as well, because if I double my hair over and twist it like that, to get it to fit on the back of my head I think I'd have to double it over again, if not fold it into thirds (I haven't tried in a while because I found a good while ago that I can't figure out a way to make it work, so I'm not sure how much).

I just haven't figured it out yet. Because I've seen videos of people with hair at least hip length doing it successfully without a ton of leftover hair to figure out what to do with (or they have a tiny bit that somehow tucks tidily and invisibly underneath something else), but I always have a lot of leftovers and I've not yet figured out what they're doing with their hair that I'm not while seeming to follow the same steps, that for them it eats up a bunch of hair but for me it doesn't.

embee
February 18th, 2023, 04:51 PM
I'm sure it works if your hair is thick enough to hide the bits you have to tuck in. Mine is too thin. The twist looks like a little worm up the back of my head and there's no place to hide the extra bits. So sad.

elvenelk
February 18th, 2023, 11:22 PM
This is my personal favourite:

https://youtu.be/4h8qst3Ac6E

Kat
February 19th, 2023, 07:31 AM
I'm sure it works if your hair is thick enough to hide the bits you have to tuck in. Mine is too thin. The twist looks like a little worm up the back of my head and there's no place to hide the extra bits. So sad.

And if your hair isn't so thick (or long) that what you tuck in doesn't make its own huge weird bulge. I just have too much to tuck in tidily and then instead of a sleek, elegant french twist, it looks like I have this alien log on the back of my head that's, like, trying to suck out my brain or something.

I can do a nice French twist... as long as I don't mind having at least a foot of hair left over. I've actually put my hair into a french twist before not doubled over/pointing down (basically start with a high ponytail and twist downward instead of up) and clipped that, then put the rest of it into a braid.

Shorty89
February 19th, 2023, 09:09 AM

I know I shouldn't laugh but your description made me giggle.

lapushka
February 19th, 2023, 09:13 AM
I know I shouldn't laugh but your description made me giggle.

That's a bit of the sad reality of it all, isn't it. It is kinda funny, if you think on it. LOL!

Unfortunately I have this goin' on right now too with my hair having thinned out from breakage, I'm getting to find out how the other half lives. My mom can't do one either but she has thin hair of her own.

SandyBottom
February 19th, 2023, 09:46 AM
I feel like I should be able to do this. My hair is roughly the same length as Whirly Girly's (maybe not in inches since I'm short) although not nearly as thick. It looks stunning in your pic and I'm not giving up. The stick is all you use? No pins of any kind?

embee
February 19th, 2023, 05:23 PM
That's a bit of the sad reality of it all, isn't it. It is kinda funny, if you think on it. LOL!

Unfortunately I have this goin' on right now too with my hair having thinned out from breakage, I'm getting to find out how the other half lives. My mom can't do one either but she has thin hair of her own.

Well I must admit when I tried the French twist and looked in the mirror at it I laughed, but it was more Hmph than HaHa. Some updo styles are just not for me, alas. Why do they have to be the ones I like on other people, the ones I want to copy?

MusicalSpoons
February 19th, 2023, 06:33 PM
I need to know how Tatsu does hers, we seem to have similar thickness although I might hold off trying until after I've cut back to calf - my feebly thin ends would just get ridiculously tangled and force a premature chop trying to hide them under a not very thick twist. Even a log roll at this point is just endless wrapping and I canNOT get it to look good.

TatsuOni
February 20th, 2023, 08:10 AM
I need to know how Tatsu does hers, we seem to have similar thickness although I might hold off trying until after I've cut back to calf - my feebly thin ends would just get ridiculously tangled and force a premature chop trying to hide them under a not very thick twist. Even a log roll at this point is just endless wrapping and I canNOT get it to look good.

I'll try to make a tutorial some day. Please someone remind me to do that!

Cg
February 20th, 2023, 02:08 PM
Despite my hair being quite thin, the twist itself looks respectably un-worm-ish -- but there is still far too much left over to tuck in. Maybe you need a head bigger than a grapefruit. (Real pinhead here.)

Kat
February 20th, 2023, 06:56 PM
I also have a smallish head, which is another reason huge head-eating buns and other updos don't work on me. They're just TOO big, and while on some people that looks great, I'm not at all attractive and on me it just looks ridiculous.