PDA

View Full Version : Why does my hair look so good while resting?

barnet_fair
February 14th, 2023, 07:25 AM
Every time I sit down on the sofa or lie in bed for an hour, I get up and notice my hair looks lovely: shiny, heavy, etc. Less dry/dehydrated. If I'm sitting at my computer chair, on the other hand, or walking around indoors, it tends to lose its composure a bit.

Why is this?

Perhaps sitting down in one place creates a humid environment for my hair? It does tend to like humid environments.

lapushka
February 14th, 2023, 08:27 AM
LOL. ;) Maybe it likes to rest. :p

rosmarinus
February 14th, 2023, 09:31 AM
Maybe it tries to tell you should rest more :D

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
February 14th, 2023, 02:02 PM
Every time I sit down on the sofa or lie in bed for an hour, I get up and notice my hair looks lovely: shiny, heavy, etc. Less dry/dehydrated. If I'm sitting at my computer chair, on the other hand, or walking around indoors, it tends to lose its composure a bit.

Why is this?

Perhaps sitting down in one place creates a humid environment for my hair? It does tend to like humid environments.

I have noticed this too! I don't have an explanation other than I guess sitting or laying still I'm not touching or moving my hair around at all so it has a chance to "settle." :confused:

baanoo
February 14th, 2023, 04:41 PM
This is the greatest thread title of all time and I really have no insight as my hair appears to have some serious insomnia ;)

SandyBottom
February 14th, 2023, 06:08 PM
Maybe because it's relaxed?

foreveryours
February 14th, 2023, 06:15 PM
Maybe because it's relaxed?

Or just hanging out

lapis_lazuli
February 14th, 2023, 06:31 PM
I don't know, but I know exactly what you're talking about. Throwing my hair into its long satin bonnet has similar rejuvenating effects :p

lapushka
February 15th, 2023, 01:37 AM
It's true for me too. Maybe gravity has something to do with it? IDK. :hmm:

illicitlizard
February 15th, 2023, 05:02 AM
I like the idea that hair just wants to chill out :p

It may also partially be a change in perception, you feel more rested/relaxed so are seeing that reflected in your appearance. I don't have the actual answer, maybe it's the same reason my hair always looks better right before I sleep on it and not when I need it to look nice for an occasion :rolleyes:

lapushka
February 15th, 2023, 06:11 AM
I like the idea that hair just wants to chill out :p

It may also partially be a change in perception, you feel more rested/relaxed so are seeing that reflected in your appearance. I don't have the actual answer, maybe it's the same reason my hair always looks better right before I sleep on it and not when I need it to look nice for an occasion :rolleyes:

Haha, yeah that happens to me too. Maybe because you're so nervous about having to make it "perfect" that you demand more of yourself in those moments? IDK what it is. But if I don't care how it turns out, it always turns out nice. :lol: Oh my, isn't that a universal thing?

shelomit
February 15th, 2023, 06:33 AM
No helpful theories on my part, but I did think of the title on this smiley: :chillpill:

barnet_fair
February 15th, 2023, 08:33 AM
Maybe it tries to tell you should rest more :D

LOL. I like this interpretation! I'm amused that so many people relate to this. Perhaps it is just that simple. :chillpill: :cool:

Gwendolynn
February 16th, 2023, 11:53 AM
My mind immediately went to all those beautiful portraits of long haired people and how their hair must be so beautiful because of all the sitting/lying down and relaxing while getting painted.